AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Do you think it's fair...

Member Spike13 is on a distinguished road Spike13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2006 11:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I'm the hidden prize in a cereal box.NO REFUNDS!
    Threads

Default Do you think it's fair...

Do you think it's fair how xbox took one of PS2's console selling titles? I'm talkin about grand theft auto. What do you think?

For Forever And Eternity Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san has much to be proud of Shia-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2009 12:09 PM
    Threads

i dont think itz that fair.. id dunno
    A Silver Tear Runs Down My Cheek, Towards A Broken Heart

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    Threads

Everything is fair in love and war, right? Wrong but this subject is neither but I always have believed the console wars have been a very deep subject to debate over. Now The Grand theft auto games started of on the play station but is it so wrong for a company to share its merchandise, I mean play station has been sharing with the PC market for many years with its Grand Theft Auto games (Rock star). And Xbox is a pc really, just with game limitations. And it’s owned by the biggest computer benefactor Microsoft. In the end it was not Sony’s to decide but rock stars. I am guessing we will see a lot more of this, and with the play station 3 being as powerful as it will be, I can see a lot of Microsoft owned products being taken by Sony, and so the Console wars continue. Ah well, makes things cheaper and easier to buy for us.

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

Senior Member Xigre will become famous soon enough Xigre's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 01:09 PM
    Threads

Well, it doesn't matter. Now, it's fair, because both systems have the game. The sponsors and producers and creators of the game are damn happy. What makes you so sad?
    ( \_/ )
    ( O.o )
    ( > < ) This is Bunny. He's already chubby... and he's up to his third lesson in the art of Couch-potatodry.
    Signed- The engenious couch potato. Notice slight pudge.

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Fair?
    Do you as a gamer really care?
    I would be glad, because it gives people who doesn't have a PS2 a chance to play a new game.
    And like RichardE40k said, they're all on PC as well, so why not?
    I live in Switzerland!

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

I don't understand how all your arguments are so absurd.

Ultimately, fair doesn't enter into it. A game company will release a game for the system they feel will give them the most return on their money. In some cases, it's because a certain system has features they want to use (like the XBox has the hard drive, or easily accessible XBox Live service, or how the Gamecube has better system hardware and will play a certain type of game more smoothly). In other cases, it's because one system is just easy to develop for. The smartest ones actually manage to get a game to play well on all the major systems, and have the largest customer base available for console games.

Where I think it isn't fair is when Microsoft pays off companies that have been loyal to one system, and tells them to develop exclusively for them. A good example is Rare. They have been working with Nintendo for years, then Microsoft gave them the right offer, and now they're XBox slaves.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member Angeleon1 is on a distinguished road Angeleon1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2006 09:53 AM
    Threads

It's only fair if the ps2's people agreed to it!!!!
    There is no thought of the day, because today there is no thought!!!!!

Senior Member Blade08 will become famous soon enough Blade08's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

it is really not fair to anyone
    If you give in you might as well DIE!!!

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blade08
    it is really not fair to anyone
    Why not?
    I couldn't think of a fairer deal than this.

When a company decides to develop for multiple platforms, you should be glad that they actually take the time to do it. Although, I know some companies don't do the ports themselves.
    I live in Switzerland!

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Also you have to remember, the more widespread a game is, the quicker it reduces on price due to high sales, because they do not need such high returns. On all systems I say and you will get a better price for the game. Then again I'm only buying the ps3 but that has more then enough game companies signed up to it to keep me happy. Just enjoy the diversity!

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

but I always have believed the console wars have been a very deep subject to debate over
    A deep subject? They are GAMES for crying out loud, fun maybe but not deep.

Rockstar is an (overrated) third party developer, they have no ties to any one system. Thusly they can make whatever game on whichever system they please.

Member of R~M saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie is a splendid one to behold saskie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2009 03:30 PM
    Threads

If the company's making the money then it's fair for them and it does give people a chance to play it with a different system... I don't really care because I hate that game... I don't see the big picture with all of this...? Care to explain why you're asking us this?
    ["Penguins come from fake animals." - Metabee]XD

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Spike13
    Do you think it's fair how xbox took one of PS2's console selling titles? I'm talkin about grand theft auto. What do you think?
    SHUT UP... More like Dead or Alive, but thanks to that and having bought an Xbox ages back, I have seen the light, the little green glow nestled in the center of my big black box, which emits warm radioactive waves which keeps me warm at night... <333

But GTA became way to overated when San Andrea's came out, I was more concerned as I said about the DOA platform change.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Angeleon1
    It's only fair if the ps2's people agreed to it!!!!
    Unless Sony and the game publisher signed a contract saying they would release their game exclusively for PS2, it's fair game to release for as many systems as you like. The publishers own the rights to the game, and they can do whatever they like, so long as they aren't contracted otherwise.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Agreed. Rockstar is a third party developer and can release on whatever system they choose. Hell, they can even go and make something for the N-Gage if they wanted to. Sony can't do nothing about it. This isn't even a question.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sony could only have rights if rock star was dedicated to the PS, which it never has been so there can be no false doings. It’s just like everyone had the false impression that ID software was only licensed to Microsoft due to the doom 3 game on the Xbox, but we will be seeing a revised version of the game and expansion on ps3. Companies do this all the time; I can’t see the fuss personally. And what I meant by console wars being deep is not the games, but the way the company’s will go to great lengths to beat each other and do some pretty dirty dealings. I find it very interesting what lengths companies are willing to go to. At the end of the day when you are talking about companies like Sony and Microsoft, you know you are talking about big cats here. If anything was unfair or Sony had disagreed on anything, it would be all over the news. Simple business rule, if you don’t like it, use the press.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

I wish people would shut up about platform changes, really folks it isn't a big deal.

A Hero Of War Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace has a reputation beyond repute Black Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 09:38 AM
    Threads

Many games are taken from other systems and are profited without given a contract or a deal, They Could probably sue if nothing had happened as in contract wise.
    A Hero Of War

Halo 2 Sucks Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo is a glorious beacon of light Boo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2007 06:19 PM
    Threads

Wow.Someone close this thread pleeease.I mean who cares.Same game. Whats the problem. if ps2 had a problem, they would have surely done something by now right?If they didnt have an pact between each other they couldnt have done it.Its not like the Xbox version of GTA is new. The have had it out for a long time. So Sony would have done something by now.

Closed Thread

Thread Information