AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The College Effect

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Default The College Effect

There are several stereotypes about what happens to you after high school is over and college begins. Here are a few:

1) Gain 10 lbs
    2) Lose most of your "friends"
    3) Start to think about deeper things than just, "What movie am I going to see?"
    4) Change your views on religion, politics, people, love, etc
    5) Comtemplate suicide (if you haven't already)
    6) Fall way behind in classes
    7) Find what you're meant to do in life

A lot of those have happened to me. Have any of them happened to you? What else do you think happens? If you're not in college yet, do you think you'll experience any of those?

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    There are several stereotypes about what happens to you after high school is over and college begins. Here are a few:

1) Gain 10 lbs
    3) Start to think about deeper things than just, "What movie am I going to see?"

A lot of those have happened to me. Have any of them happened to you? What else do you think happens? If you're not in college yet, do you think you'll experience any of those?
    Let's see.. I thought it was more or less like this.
    1. You lose 15 pounds.
    2. You gain more friends ontop of your other ones.
    3. The deepest thoughts you'll get are " Am I going to pass?" , "Do I have enough money!?" , and my personal favorite.. "ARRRRRRRRAGGGGGGH"
    4. Neglect religion, people and politics.
    5. Attempt suicide and suceed. ( Check the NYC newspapers for College Students that have done it.)
    6. Fall way behind in one class, catch up in it and while you're doing that fall behind in another.
    7. Waste even more time goofing off.
    8. Do stupid things.
    9. Get a police record.
    10. Do something quite retarded, even for straight A student.
    11. Get called a Hippy.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Let's see, for me it's gone....

1) weight, hasn't really changed
    2) friends? what's this "friend" thing I keep hearing about?
    3) if anything my thinking has really shallowed out
    4) still athiest and politically neutural
    5) well, no more than than I have for the past 6 years
    6) on comprehension, I'm still well above what's being "taught" right now, on actual work, heck that started back in 1st grade.
    7) it's more like compromising what you think you should do with your life, with what you're capeable of doing with your life, until the two sync up.

Yep, I absolutely detest school, I've known for at least 7 years that I'm not a student, and never will be. Personally, I can't stand the though of being a student, and what being one means. If I ever fully believe that school is my only way to survive I would go through with #5 there without hesitation.
    Last edited by bakakame; 03-03-2006 at 10:47 PM.

Me and Mac: 06/26/06 Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante has a reputation beyond repute Cursed~Amante's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2008 03:32 AM
    Seated on my Macki's lap saying sweet nothings into his ear...
    Threads

Here's my list:
    1. My curfew's been extended.
    2. My pocket money grew bigger.
    3. I can now wake up at any other time than 6 am.
    4. I can eat lunch at home now.
    5. Bad thing: Me and my friends are drifting apart.
    "Yeah, I'm back. For good now. ^^"
    Vergil//Uchiha Itachi//Uchiha Sasuke//Hyuuga Neji//Athrun Zala//Shinomori Aoshi//Yukishiro Enishi//Kuchiki Byakuya

http://midgardsfuture.tk <--that's my new Ragnarok Online-inspired Role-Playing site, so if you guys want to give it a shot, click it and explore the world of Rune-Midgard! ^^

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

1) Gain 10 lbs

1. Probably.
    2. I lost contact with one, but kept the other and gained a couple more.
    3. Not any deeper than usual...I did seem to have more time to ponder given the amount of poetry I wrote.
    4. Not really, it was more like a confirmation of what I believed.
    5. No.
    6. No.
    7. Yes, to an extent. I think part of me will always be searching as I grow and change.

I think the most important thing that changed for me was how I viewed the things in my family. I was living away from home and becoming independant and I started to see that things didn't have to be the way they had always been. I started to see things in the past as what they were rather than cover them up as something like "he just had a bad day." I think this growth and independance helped make me a stronger person and learn to deal with what life throws at me a lot better than if I would have remained at home. I think going to college is part of this transitional phase and a lot of the sterotypes you are hear about come from different people coping with these changes.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wizard of Darkness kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2006 05:53 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

1) Gain 10 lbs
    -Actually, I grew a little heavier and now I've lost it all once I've started college (here it's University)

Lol I don't know why the "" because they are my friends O_O But I didn't really lose any of them... I see them when I walk around campus and it's awesome! I feel like I have people around to keep me company

I think this is a matter of age. I think that after all this effort to get into tertiary education, you really start to get serious and want to do well and take this opportunity to create an opportunity for yourself and your future.
    Some people were thinking more than "what movies...?" even before entering college- or even high school in my case *_* I was brought up to really do some serious studying even at a young age.

I think this is also depending on the new people you meet. Because college is a place where all the people have got such diverse backgrounds, beliefs (and some even come from overseas or interstate :P) you naturally open up to these perspectives.

I've already contemplated that :P

Not really. Hahah but then I don't know I only started a few days ago

Well, the course I've been admitted into was the course I wanted- so the only thing I can do is just do my best
    Cool ! Got third place XD

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    Threads

1) Well I'm 20 and in University, I’ve actually lost weight, But I still think I'm growing.
    2) I have a few friends; I seemed to have a lot more when I bought the Aston Martin, although only family has been allowed to be in it.
    3) I was thinking about deeper things when I was 10. Now I'm just a regular philosopher.
    4) My views have always been all over the place, at the moment I don't care. I just care about relaxing and enjoying my time here while studying.
    5) I never have contemplated suicide, I have a very fast car so if I do feel down I just go 70mph down a motorway. And money is not a trouble as I saved up during my long gap year(s).
    6) I don't fall behind classes even though I never studied for a levels or GCSE's and passed fine.
    7) I’ve already found my cause, writing and designing cars, so I think I survived the list pretty well.

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

Llama Cheeze Puff Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 07:26 PM
    Threads

I'm not in college but, a few of those have already happened like numbers 3 and 5 in the first entry.
    Set made by me
    98% or teens do or have tried pot :: If you're one of the 2% that hasn't post this in your signature::

Senior Member kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2010 09:37 PM
    stuck in the process of becoming infinity.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ekdromoi

1) Gain 10 lbs
    ... no.. see thats what happens when your emo.lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed~Amante
    Here's my list:
    1. My curfew's been extended.
    2. My pocket money grew bigger.
    3. I can now wake up at any other time than 6 am.
    4. I can eat lunch at home now.
    5. Bad thing: Me and my friends are drifting apart.

this is more accurate...haha
    [We the unappeased, the unaccepting continued looking,
    filling in the silences with our own wishes, fears and fantasies.
    Driven forward by the fact that no matter how empty the world
    seemed, no matter how degraded and used up the world appeared to
    us, we knew that anything was still possible.]

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Lightbulb my thoughts

1) Gain 10 lbs
    im in college and this is my answer
    1) i actuall lost 25 lbs my first semester
    2) i didnt really have 'friends' to be with and made more here in school
    3) my thoughts have'nt really change (i was always a deep thinker)
    4) my views dont change or least they haven't
    5) i dont think of suicide its just not worth it (maybe my plan b if i dont get into pharmacy school)
    6) i'm doing good and i never fall behind
    7) i've known what i was gonna do since i was 11

not everyone's the same.....

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

keeper of hearts Lady V is just really nice Lady V is just really nice Lady V is just really nice Lady V is just really nice Lady V's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2006 04:30 AM
    Threads

yeah, true (except for the killing part)...

for me it was more like:
    1. gain lots of weight
    2. lost a lot of weight due to stress
    3. mess up my circadian rhythm and i am now nocturnal (which i hope to change soon)
    4. "all nighters" is common to me
    5. realize that cramming is not good and that you should study a week (at least) ahead
    6. change your idea on life and love
    7. sororities take up your life (so much work to do)
    8. gain tons of friends, in which you participate in non-stop facebooking
    9. realize that you really only had 1 true friend in high school
    10. you can act any way you want, because most likely, you won't even see that person again (unless you attend a community college and/or small university)
    11. you realize the true meaning of parties
    12. you then get tired of partying and calm yourself more as your semesters progress
    13. going to class actually makes a difference

...and a lot more that i'm pretty sure will take up most of the room on this thread. but yeaaaaaaaaah..college is a wonderful experience!! (if you make it that way).......i never did like high school anyway.

Member Ariesgirl is on a distinguished road Ariesgirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2006 09:26 AM
    Threads

Since high school I have lost weight ( I don't eat much, ice cream-lol ) But it's funny because all of my friends that was once smaller than me have all gained weight. I stayed the same.

And I can honestly say that I have lost all of my friends, I only talk to my very bestfriend and to be honest it isn't at all the same. She has her life and I have mines. Don't get me wrong, when we get together and do things it is great but it doesn't happen often anymore.

Movies are something that a person who has some form of time does. I no longer go see movies. It's not that I don't want to but now with school and work and everything in between there really is no time for me unless I do it on the weekends. But that time go to sleep.-lol But I know that I think too much about my life and my future and how I wish I would have done things when I was still a teenager. I wish I would have went back to school then and I regret now that I didn't.

I kinda of have changed my views on religion just because different types of people have come into my life. And what I once thought was one thing turns out to be something that I never thought possible. And I have learned to never ever judge a book by it's cover. That is a lesson I wish I would have learned earlier on in life.

I have often thought of killing myself as a teen fresh out of high school. There was the pressure of maybe letting down my mom by not going to college and then to get in college and feel like you can't do it. Things like that. And feeling like I no longer have friends because we no longer talked so I had no one to talk too anymore.

I fall behind in classes but not too far, it's cool though I always pull threw.
    Honestly I knew what I wanted to be when I was in high school. I had an idea but I wasn't too sure. I remember telling people that I wanted to go to the body farm where they study dead people when I was seven. They thought I was strange or something, but now that they have CSI everyone wants to do it. But what they don't know is Cases aren't sloved by the end of a show in real life. Now I'm a Criminal Justice student and I know what I want to be in life but I know that it will be hard getting their.

If you love me why do I feel so lonely
    and why do I always wake up alone
    and why am I practicing not having you
    to love? I never loved you that way.

-Nikki Giovanni

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default college

1) start drinking, which leads to gaining weight,LOL
    2) you probably will change who you hang out with, or your group will get bigger or smaller
    3) alot of guys get all wussy and sensative
    4) girls go wild (my favorite)

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Let's see what it is for me...

1) Eat more junk food, but still keep the same great shape!
    2) Only talk to one friend from Secondary School
    3) Start to think "When's that coursework gotta be in by?", "Crap, I hope I get my EMAs this week!", "Damnit, I overslept again!", "Need....more....caffine!" and ""It's due in tomorrow?! But I haven't started yet!!!"
    4)Start drinking more coffee due to tiredness at college
    5) Same views on people, love, religion - sod politics.
    6) Worry about caffine overdosing due to mass amounts of coffee consumed
    7) Attempt to keep up in classes, coursework says otherwise
    8) Think about what I'm meant to do in life, fail horribly, and stick with thinking about IT job or joining army
    9) Start whining about lack of money for booze
    10) Start trying mixtures of booze (e.g. Whisky & Ginger Wine - Whisky Mac)
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Banned Forum / Chat teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed has a reputation beyond repute teed's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Bleach Kon Ice Cream Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 02:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

For me:

1) I had more fun in college than in school
    2) Made MANY friends
    3) Eat junk food all the time (which is great!!)
    4) Got A's in all my classes (I don't know how!!)
    5) Lost contact with family
    6) I think I lost some weight... I'm not sure..
    7) My new home was college itself! O_O;

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff! It's been just a year. I don't know what the next years might hide for me.. but I assure you, I'll never think of committing suicide!!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

My experiences with college:
    1. Gained weight
    2. Lost contact with my old friends
    3. Lost interest in several things
    4. Forced myself to loose intherest in things due to lack of money
    5. Stopped trying to make friends

So yeah....thats about it really. Nothing life-altering, but life has become a bit dull.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||