AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime and your parents...

Senior Member SpiritHunter has a spectacular aura about SpiritHunter has a spectacular aura about SpiritHunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2007 06:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Arrow Anime and your parents...

What do your parents think of anime? I know for some people it's a real problem(for me for example ). So what about you?

Member pkkillerpk will become famous soon enough pkkillerpk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2006 09:26 AM
    Threads

my parents don't care about anime or any other cartoon related shows
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WE REALLY EXIST OR IS IT JUST THAT WHE DON'T EXIST.

Member yheero will become famous soon enough yheero will become famous soon enough yheero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2006 11:32 AM
    Threads

My parents are watching anime (Db,Dbz,Dbgt,Bleach)

http://www.lancersreactor.com/anything.htm see depresed 404 error
    http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?YHeero
    http://www.kowelenzer.de/shinn-148245v2.html

Senior Member SpiritHunter has a spectacular aura about SpiritHunter has a spectacular aura about SpiritHunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2007 06:19 PM
    Threads

Well my parents hate anime

Smile -Noata- loves you Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan is a glorious beacon of light Sachiko-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 03:33 PM
    On my bed with a pencil in my hand and my sketchbook in my lap.
    Threads

My stepdad likes it a little. My mom's okay with it...but doesn't like it. My grandparents are okay with it, too...my grandma likes it a little more than my mom and grandpa. Since, I'm always drawing manga/anime...they've gotten used to it.

My friends, however, are a different story. Some of them just think it's so weird and perverted and gross! It's not...only some. I try to tell them that...but they, of course, don't listen. My best friend used to say that about it...but now she kind of likes it and is getting into drawing it too.
    Sig made by the lovely: Nespa

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward."
    - Kurogane ( Resiervoir Chronicle)

Member Kevlamin Katsuragi is on a distinguished road Kevlamin Katsuragi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2006 11:21 AM
    Threads

my parents don't care, and my friends...whell they intoduced me to anime so they love it even more then i do...hmm porobably means they are insane tough :o
    -

God's in his heaven,All's right with the world-

Senior Member Blade08 will become famous soon enough Blade08's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

My parents don't like it at alll
    If you give in you might as well DIE!!!

Horror.With.A.Heart.Beat Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara has a reputation beyond repute Akara's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2007 01:12 AM
    Threads

" My dad is just the type to say, oh yeah, I know so much about your anime, I love it, and he'd also make fun of it, but really, he dosen't mind me watching it, he just has a problem of me being on the computer and watching it, He hates that, he would rather me watch it out in the living room with him, but, he also thinks its a waste of time, and boring, and sometimes hes whines about not understanding it. "

God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2007 03:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

My dad is one of those ignorant parents. He says I should grow up and stop watching those "cartoons." I try to tell him they are not cartoons. But he just wont listen
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    You are the cataclyst of all destruction!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    Manifest your will upon the tapestry of creation!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

i cant do cartwheels poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 03:59 PM
    Threads

my dad is like thats for kids and my mum is more like well its *cultural* i guess its ok
    i like their opinions on everything except manga (yes i know im strange)
    i think they are badly misinformed on manga
    samurai deeper kyo!!!

i love it so much!

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Default This is not meant to be mean, your dad is rather ignorant but...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrobrave
    My dad is one of those ignorant parents. He says I should grow up and stop watching those "cartoons." I try to tell him they are not cartoons. But he just wont listen
    Begin Rant
    Well technically anime is a cartoon. I went through that stage of denial but in the end we must accept that cartoons are changing. Heck, cartoons not aimed at kids have been around forever. Who here remembers "fritz the cat"?

I think the first thing anime fans need to do is accept the fact that anime is just another form of animation and stop putting anime on this pedastal of being a new "art form" and that anime is "art".

Anime is another form of entertainment that just happens to be animated and just happens to have a target audience that ranges from 2-200 rather than the 5-12 range of american cartoons.
    End Rant

i cant do cartwheels poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 03:59 PM
    Threads

whoa im 14 i shouldnt remember fritz the cat but i heard of it somewhere
    isnt that the one where you get to see 2 cats doing it?
    sick and strange
    samurai deeper kyo!!!

i love it so much!

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:26 PM
    Threads

.....not a good combo, not at all
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Celestial Guardian Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 01:13 AM
    In the place beetween light and dark called Twilight
    Threads

My mom is ok with it, my grandma thinks it's getting in the way of my schoolwork and doesn't like it very much since i draw it, My uncle really doesn't care much for it, and my sisters are 50/50 on it. To say all in all they don't bother me much on it because it's the only thing that keeps me calm at times.

Member of the Bishie Hunters Clan
    (Owner of Demon Eyes Kyo and Kyoshiro Mibu)

B00ger's Special Fwend! Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2009 08:45 AM
    Threads

My mom likes watching anime with me. >.< Her favorites are DBZ and Rurouni Kenshin. XD
    * - - - -][ LOVE ME ][ - - - - *
    * - - - -][HATE ME][ - - - - *

Vagay's bOoGeR!! x] harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2012 10:26 AM
    Threads

my dad watches anime with me and my mom...she just thinks they're stupid cartoons...

Junior Member kagome93 is on a distinguished road kagome93's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2006 04:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritHunter
    What do your parents think of anime? I know for some people it's a real problem(for me for example ). So what about you?
    my parents hate spending 10.00 dollars on a ''dumb'' book for ppl who dont like ta read actual novels like me so my parents hate them but i love anime i have over 42 books and 1 movie!!

Senior Member CrazedInuyashafan12 will become famous soon enough CrazedInuyashafan12's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2006 08:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritHunter
    Well my parents hate anime
    Yeah me too... Dont think i'll ever get them into it.
    Friends: battlecherry, lord_sesshomaru_15, giantevilbunnie,

http://progamerzxl.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Senior Member animekid1212 will become famous soon enough animekid1212's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 06:27 PM
    Threads

well my dad says its for babys cause it is animated and i tell him he dosnt no anything then i get in trouble for talking bak at him. but my mom dosnt care about it
    and just like

some of my friends like it but my other friends think it is weird
    Kenshin Himura the Battousai The best anime!!!!!!!!!!!!

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eh, mine don't care. I don't watch it around them anyways. When I watch anime on TV, its usually on [as] or G4. And their animes start at 11:00, when my parents are asleep. If I but a DVD, I watch it on my comp. If I buy a manga, I read it in my room, in private. So, they don't care.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

well, my dad and stepmom really don't care about it that much, but my mom...aw, she's so cute! for some reason one day, she sat down on the couch and started getting into inuyasha. she even asked me to get a miroku keychain and now she wants a plushie. and here's the kicker...she prefers the original japanese version as oppose to the dubs! she's so funny!

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

Owner of Spaghetti Cat Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl has a reputation beyond repute Gandizzl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2010 10:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gandizzl

They don't care.
    Actually I think no one really cares about me watching it or that I'm reading manga.
    My father likes cartoons, but that is like Lucky Luke and Asterix.

Ari Gold set by dotmyztick <33

Wonderwice fan nr.1
    |Gan, Lettuce and CFA..
    Corrupting the Masses since 2006|
    Gandy-Man and Bunster saving one pimp and one pornstar at a time.

MIA konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2006 04:05 PM
    Somewhere in my dreams, breathless....in the warmth of the arms of the one I love
    Threads

My parents don't care one way or the other.
    <3<3<3

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Who here remembers "fritz the cat"?
    Oh oh, I do!
    Well technically anime is a cartoon
    Yes, despite what belligerent otaku may think anime are indeed just cartoons.
    I think the first thing anime fans need to do is accept the fact that anime is just another form of animation and stop putting anime on this pedastal of being a new "art form" and that anime is "art".
    Well yes an no. Anime is art to the same extent any media is art, art is simply the expression of ones self. But with that said a lot of it is just mindelss crap made to appeal to the lowest common denominator and it certainly isn't art. You have to take it on a case by case basis.

I think if you show adults examples of great anime they might change their tune about it, show them the likes of paranioa agent or perhaps even cowboy bebop and they might warm up to it. However if they have only seen you watching inuyasha and other crap then they are right not to like it.

A Wish Blossoms In Me Mew Blossom is on a distinguished road Mew Blossom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2006 08:24 PM
    I live in a kick-butt rockin town! And no, I don't live in New York.
    Threads

Parents + Anime = Scary thoughts
    I'll Blow You A Kiss If You Be Good

Closed Thread

Thread Information