AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Classical music is only for DAGS

Junior Member hsoup is on a distinguished road hsoup's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2007 08:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I never considered classical to be a "nerd-type" of music, more a "snotty-type" of music. Nonetheless, I also like listening to it. It's just, normally I listen to it as background music.

Actually, it's really great background music, I can write a report or write some fanfiction without distraction while listening to classical, but at the same time it'll still act as a mood-setter. Unlike with most modern music, classical allows me to focus on another task, while modern proves too much of a distraction.

Classical is great for when you're taking a nap or just zoning out too. However, it's not so great--for me personally--if you're jogging, or driving. I guess you just have to be in the right mindset if you want to listen to classical. (I'm a fan of Massenet and Stravinsky.)
    "I agree -- failing math is very important." --Alexander Siddig

Junior Member uzumaki-chan is on a distinguished road uzumaki-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2007 06:53 PM
    Threads

Honestly, I love classical. I like Chopin, Mozart and Beethoven. My all time favorite is Erik Satie, a French composer; who is not as famous as the other guys, but his music is just as good.

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

i love classical music but not ones most people have heard of though, or have if you're an anime fanatic ^.-
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Senior Member CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker has a reputation beyond repute CF Striker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 08:51 PM
    Threads

Classical music is awesome. That barouque stuff gets on my nerves if I listen/play to much of it, but classical musi continues to be a favorite of mine. Some poeple don'e realize, but modern music uesd for the movies like in "Harry Potter' could definately be considerd classical music, as could the "Star Wars' themes and "Pirates of the Carribean"

Gotta get me the Dead Man's Chest Soundtrack

Big thanks to Nespa for this one!

Oh man, I envy the clouds...they're free.-Shikamaru

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

What I have found is that many people who don't like classical music don't know how to listen to it. Of course there are people who just don't like it, but I have found that people who won't even give it a try because "it's boring" rarely realize the musical complexities that are going on within the music.

Then again, I don't typically listen to classical music either. My reason is because I analyze the music too much if I frequently listen to it. Thank you Dr. S and Mr. H. ^_^ I do however love to play it.

As far as it being a rich thing, it's not but it is a cultural thing. I teach in the inner city and I'm a strings teacher at that. Trying to get students who want to rap or be in a drumline or mariachi band to learn to read music and play their instruments properly isn't always easy, but there is a great deal of interest at least in this part of the country. The biggest difference is the quality of music programs due to funding and teacher availability.

But back to the cultural matter, each culture has their own style of music. Often times what we think of as classical is the European eras or at least the instrumentation. (Like Baroque, Classical, Romantic, etc.) For some cultures their native music includes classical type of intstruments, and I have noticed a greater interest in classical music from those families. But there are some cultures that do not have those types of instruments so their ears are not used to hearing those types of harmonies and sounds.

This can work in the favor of liking classical music as the person may like it because it's "different" from their native music, much like any youth in a culture. Likewise, those accustomed to the sound may veer away from it because it is "what their parents listen to." It just depends.

I know that's probably more than you wanted to know, but it's so rare I find a place to converse with others about it that I may have gotten carried away. Sorry if I did! ^_^
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I am interested in classical music. I've enjoyed Chopin, but it is yet to be an interest I've pursued; but still an interest indeed.

Senior Member Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2007 11:59 PM
    Threads

Classical Music is amazing.
    The people that wrote the music all those years ago were GENIUSES.
    It's obviously good if we're listening to it hundreds of years later.
    Classical music is also rad because it's in the movie (and book) A Clockwork Orange.
    Heh heh.
    But anyway, I've never thought that people who listen to classical music are 'dags' or 'uncool'. Probably because I realise it's good music and I listen to it myself.

Junior Member KG442 is just really nice KG442 is just really nice KG442 is just really nice KG442 is just really nice KG442's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2007 01:50 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    Classical Music is ok, I enjoy Chopin, Bach, and, Carl Orff. Plus, Classical music almost never gets repeatative because there's always new areas. Also...there's NEO classical Music like the workings of Yngwie Malmsteen, great stuff.
    Malmsteen is Neoclassical (one word) metal. Of course he doesn't produce the stereotyped screaming vocals people assume all metal has, too bad most people will never know any different.

Actually, it would have also been handy to mention Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force too, seeing as that is HIS band.

I like any classical music I hear, although I prefer Vivaldi above anything else... there's just something nice about his works.

Senior Member Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista has a reputation beyond repute Bassoonista's Avatar
    Gil
    Inpain
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 01:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1924-2316-9778-0248

It's not boring at all.

It only has that reputation because people only listen to some of it and then give up on it.

If you dig in deep you'll find some really interesting classical music. I find Baroque to be the most interesting kind.

It's my favorite genre of music, and will remain that way. It's fun to play and it's so much better then anything today. (In my opinion.)

~Made by me~
    (It's actually of my bassoon!)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information