AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Boondocks Controversy

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Question The Boondocks Controversy

I'm sure plenty of you have seen the cartoon adpatation of The Boondocks, that airs on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] A couple times every week.

From the first show, people have been sparking with controversy about the show.

Some of the more headline making episodes were:
    1. The Trial Of R. Kelley
    2. The episode where they try to kidnapp Oprah, twice, and end up getting Maya Angelou the first time, and Bill Cosby the second time.
    3. The Return Of The King (Martin Luther King Jr.)

Al Sharpton threw a big hissy fit about "The Return Of The King" episode. Why? Because MLK was portrayed using the "n-word". But you know what? I feel what Aaron (The Boondocks creator & writer) did for that episode was outstanding. I believe that if MLK came back, he'd be outraged at what he saw. He might not say the "n-word", but he'd be upset to see whats become of people these days. Just imagine if he came to Cincinnati and saw how it is here with racial tension? Or if he witnessed New Orleans after the hurricane? I wonder, has Al Sharpton even seen that episode, or did he just hear that a cartoon version of MLK was using some potty language.

And as for the episode concerning R. Kelley, I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a cartoon poking fun at a famous person and their scandal, because it was so true. Why do so many (SO MANY, not all!) my fellow african americans have to be so stupid about that kind of stuff? And why is it that THOSE people always get to be on TV when interviewed and portrayed by the media? Put someone intelligent on! Me! Someone, anyone else but those people walking around in shirts that equate to ball room gowns! Or someone who can at least speak in an articulate manner with out an "ummmm" and an "aaaaeen" and a "cuuuz" between every sentence.

Anyway, what do you guys think of The Boondocks, I assume there will be mixed emotions regarding it as some may approve, and some don't. But I'd like to know why.

In the mean time, I'll be workin on the story I promised. It'll be in microsoft word format, and maybe Adobe's .pdf if I am feeling nice, if you want a copy that is. I'll post it in the forums of course when it is done.

Banned Forum / Chat Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2006 04:41 PM
    Threads

Well, this is "America", so i guess its not that big of a deal, However you should not offend someone just for the fun of it, But at the same time, people who are offended should accept it, instead of torment about it there entire lifes.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes that is true. But I highly doubt he made those with the intent to personally offend Al Sharpton. I think he is just being whiney. Al is one of those people who likes to think he knows what is going on, and knows what he's talking about, but in the end, he is more confused and lost than the rest of us. Think of him a fanatical Don King, without hair.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I always loved the comic, and the cartoon is just as great. Sure, people are going to get offended, but theres tones of offensive shows on air. So lets say someones panties get twisted, who cares? The shows meant to be fun, just harmless fun.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Kitsune-sempai Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:53 PM
    In Fangirl Inc. (They wont let me leave!!!)
    Threads

u took the works right out of my mouth Maru...

~*Set By Me*~
    ~*Requests are open!*~
    ~*Check out my meager site! Kawaii Fetish Designs*~

Anime Forum's Resident Harry Potter Fan

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Well....it certainly sounds rather....interesting....it's rather a shame I can't watch it.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Do you know why Aaron McGruder had done things like this? It is because he is poking fun at, and criticising the black community in America.
    Dare I say, taking action in support of the words of Bill Cosby. If you don't know what I am talking about, look it up.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default ....

It's meant to be offensive. That's why it is on ADULT Swim. It's meant for 18+. If you don't like it don't watch it I guess. I happen to like the episodes I've seen.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kishiro
    I'm sure plenty of you have seen the cartoon adpatation of The Boondocks, that airs on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] A couple times every week.

From the first show, people have been sparking with controversy about the show.

Some of the more headline making episodes were:
    1. The Trial Of R. Kelley
    2. The episode where they try to kidnapp Oprah, twice, and end up getting Maya Angelou the first time, and Bill Cosby the second time.
    3. The Return Of The King (Martin Luther King Jr.)

Al Sharpton threw a big hissy fit about "The Return Of The King" episode. Why? Because MLK was portrayed using the "n-word". But you know what? I feel what Aaron (The Boondocks creator & writer) did for that episode was outstanding. I believe that if MLK came back, he'd be outraged at what he saw. He might not say the "n-word", but he'd be upset to see whats become of people these days. Just imagine if he came to Cincinnati and saw how it is here with racial tension? Or if he witnessed New Orleans after the hurricane? I wonder, has Al Sharpton even seen that episode, or did he just hear that a cartoon version of MLK was using some potty language.

And as for the episode concerning R. Kelley, I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a cartoon poking fun at a famous person and their scandal, because it was so true. Why do so many (SO MANY, not all!) my fellow african americans have to be so stupid about that kind of stuff? And why is it that THOSE people always get to be on TV when interviewed and portrayed by the media? Put someone intelligent on! Me! Someone, anyone else but those people walking around in shirts that equate to ball room gowns! Or someone who can at least speak in an articulate manner with out an "ummmm" and an "aaaaeen" and a "cuuuz" between every sentence.

Anyway, what do you guys think of The Boondocks, I assume there will be mixed emotions regarding it as some may approve, and some don't. But I'd like to know why.

In the mean time, I'll be workin on the story I promised. It'll be in microsoft word format, and maybe Adobe's .pdf if I am feeling nice, if you want a copy that is. I'll post it in the forums of course when it is done.
    I have always loved the comic strip. I was kind of worried that the cartoon would not be good but they have done a pretty decent job. But I still dont like Rileys voice. The show & the strip just makes fun of things that most shows cant get away with making fun of. And it does a great job. It brings attention to social problems among blacks/african americans/negroes/whatever and does so in a humorous way. It also, makes many valid political statements with regards to the way the government is being operated and controlled... especially when it comes to Bush.

I have no respect for Al Sharpton. He is a manipulative, spotlight hungry person who has used the legacy of Dr. King to accumulate political power & influence. Him & Jesse Jackson. His main focus seems to have shifted from "the struggle for civil rights and equality" to gaining more political power & influence. For him to speak out against the political statement that Aaron is making through that Dr. King episode is laughable. I honestly believe that Dr. King would have similar feelings to his counterpart on the show if he saw what was going on today. I know I did. It's at the point where I get upset when I watch BET for more than an hour at a time. LOL.

The R. Kelly episode was brilliant because it was so true. This dude could have been responsible for 9/11 (exagreration) but as long as he puts out albums people will forgive him or let it slide. It just showed how easily the general public was swayed by his celebrity & talent. If any male adult on this forum did what he did we would have been locked up quick. But he makes the "Steping Song" & "Ignition" and it's like a get out of jail free card in Monopoly.

The Oprah episode was just plain funny.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm glad Aaron has been doing this Xero, I hope you don't think I'm against it like Sharpton is... O_o
    And Mugetsu, I couldn't agree with you more. I even find it a shame that my little sister watches BET so religiously. It promotes the idea that all people (especially targeted at african descendants) should basically act like idiots, in one way or another. Why is it ok? Sure, there are some decent songs on there, and some artists can make a valid point with a song from time to time. But that isn't very often.
    --sigh--
    Being partially a part of the african american race, it makes me mad to see all the PR that we get, because it is always BAD. Like I said, they put the wrong people on TV, just like in the R. Kelley episode.
    Ah well, I hope the second season is just as good as the first, and I hope Al Sharpton looses all his power and influence and people realize how misguided and wacked out he really is, even if I have to do it myself. =p

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

i never really liked the show. It's really actually stupid. I don't like the whole view of 9 year old kids being gangsters and wanting to kill people. Plus a lot of it just goes a little far. But then again freedom of speech, so whatever.

Cute and innocent <3 Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2007 11:23 PM
    Threads

Aaron McGruder is a true Genuis...It's very hard for others who say the show is all about comdey to see the series master piece and true sayings...

Haven't you notice each episode that airs tells you something important or trys to send out a message to everyone? =3

Sephy Is My Sweet Older Brother~ Lorie Is My Dear Little Sister~ *Huggles*
    *~My Hero is the Sweetest Dearest Angel Chii-chan~*

Junior Member King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2006 08:43 PM
    Threads

Arrow Great....

Li its a good show and i think that they have it dead on.
    only thing a dis agree with is the way people get shot outta windows with a USAS shot gun and get up like its no big deal. that guy would have been as dead as a squirrel that got ran over by a car. Also no white man becomes your best friend when u give his a peice of cheese or i would taken over the world a long time ago.(my goal in life is to take over the world and unite the people under one flag so when the aliens come we dont all stand there and wine to each other) moving on over all it's a great show which makes u think about how stupid black culture is and when i say black i mean african american. because no true african would degrade themselves to this sick rap style. Being half black myself i feel that the stupidist most ignorant race on this planet is african's. White people free'd them, gave them right's after awhile, took them out the jungles, and after giving them freedom wth do they do... they sell drugs dont go to school and just dont do anything worth while with their life... its pretty sad when MEXICAN's can just come in and make a million dollar business. basically this is what the show is talking about. Yes this may sound rascist but u know what i really dont care because its true.

hey and if u got a problem with this show deal with it cause u know what fools. You need to open your eyes to the truth.
    P.S. No im not appart of th KKK im half black they won't let me join XD
    Last edited by King of Bandit Jing; 02-23-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Junior Member King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing is infamous around these parts King of Bandit Jing's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Li's lies

o and yeah i'm going to rule the world and there is nothing u can do about it mahahahahhahah....

and Li your half black like me so spare me the whole bad Rep...
    i know over the years me and u have had very different oppinion on things but seriously dude if your "black" then u are most defenately the whites black guy i have ever met
    Last edited by King of Bandit Jing; 02-23-2006 at 08:23 AM. Reason: cause i want to

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by King of Bandit Jing
    Li its a good show and i think that they have it dead on.
    only thing a dis agree with is the way people get shot outta windows with a USAS shot gun and get up like its no big deal. that guy would have been as dead as a squirrel that got ran over by a car. Also no white man becomes your best friend when u give his a peice of cheese or i would taken over the world a long time ago.(my goal in life is to take over the world and unite the people under one flag so when the aliens come we dont all stand there and wine to each other) moving on over all it's a great show which makes u think about how stupid black culture is and when i say black i mean african american. because no true african would degrade themselves to this sick rap style. Being half black myself i feel that the stupidist most ignorant race on this planet is african's. White people free'd them, gave them right's after awhile, took them out the jungles, and after giving them freedom wth do they do... they sell drugs dont go to school and just dont do anything worth while with their life... its pretty sad when MEXICAN's can just come in and make a million dollar business. basically this is what the show is talking about. Yes this may sound rascist but u know what i really dont care because its true.

hey and if u got a problem with this show deal with it cause u know what fools. You need to open your eyes to the truth.
    P.S. No im not appart of th KKK im half black they won't let me join XD
    Ok first of all, what's with the pic???

I was soooooo close to good repping you. So close. You were dancing on the edge then all of a sudden you dove off head first. lol.

I don't like the whole "how stupid black culture is" comment because you seem to be saying that all of it is bad. There are a lot of positives in black culture as a whole and in "true" hip hop culture in general. The problem is that it is overshadowed by wanna be gangstas/ thugs, booty shakin, bling-bling (yes, we did stop saying that by the way), pimpin rides and the general ignorance of 98% of the black people they show on the news.

Now the whole "white people free'd em" part...... where the hell have you been??? They were taken here as slaves. Helloooo. The whole crack in the ghetto thing was started by the government. The same government that your saying gave them freedom. Your post is so hilarious. Many don't do anything with their lives because from the time they are young they are told that they will never be able amount to anything.

You probably don't actually know many black people but those shown on BET & in music videos are the vast minority even among the younger generation. Not everyone is dumb enough to want to be gangsta.

He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default un known

ok having writen this stupid reply like 60 times and it has never gotten threw im going to make this perfectly clear. The rascim in my message is and average white guys oppinion of black people. yes yes yes i realize i did not state this earlier, but then again i keep forgetting that words are so much different then actually talking to some one. As for my rep W/e.

the part about taking black people outta the jungles and freeing them is true believe it or not*smack* thats Y there was the civil WAR. but those of u who have watched the show u know all about the self hating black guy uncle ruckis.
    those are words that he said. The previous post i made was to bring out the racist part of the show... u know it was gonna come up eventually.
    Yes it was dont augue with me this is the most racist show since... idk but it is

P.S. i think my pic is pretty

Member Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2007 08:34 AM
    Threads

Uncle Ruckis is hilarious. He is one of the best parts of the show.
    I like this show a lot. It's just funny if you don't take it too seriously.

Sig by J.A.G.

Sig by Solara

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default blah

lol i dont take it seriously... well some stuff i do like the white guy being ur best friend if u give him some cheese... cause i tried! i will just say it didnt end well

Member Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2007 08:34 AM
    Threads

Of course it works. You just can't use ordinary cheese though. No government cheese or plain cheddar. It has to be the good stuff.

Sig by J.A.G.

Sig by Solara

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What?!?!? The cheese didn't work for you? You must have done it wrong.

But the show is great. It shows how racist everyone can be. People tend to take themselves too seriously when it comes to race. That's probably why it's still such a big issue.

And why is it ok for a black person to use the N word but if anyone else does it a fight starts? Not only do we use the word a lot, but we even seem to glorify it at times. I've heard of turning a negative into a positive but that's too much.

I still dont get how that pic was relevant to your post, but hey, whatever lol.

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

LOL.

Well I see you all have met my friend Jing. Yeah, he and I have been like brothers for over 10 years now IRL. So don't mind him. He just talks out of spite, because he is bent on ruling the world. He was actually texting me while he was at school making these posts. Shows how dedicated he is to the forums though. =p

Anyway, Jing, you should work on putting that picture of, eh, Jing, in your signature. Oh yeah, Megetsu, the picture is a picture of Jing the Bandit King, from the anime "King of Bandit Jing" @_@ too many ing's in this paragraph. And he knows plenty of black people, I assure you.

Back to discussing the show, and racism and such.... Yes, the show can be extremely racist, one way or the other, even if it is self racism by Uncle Ruckus. You know, in his own odd way, Jing is right. Most people, caucasian, asian, hispanic, or otherwise, any race not of african descent, or just anyone in general that doesn't subscribe to that so called "ghetto fabulous" life style does have a pretty nasty opinion of those kind of people, and generalize them with the rest of the african american community. Not all, but most. I've heard so many times "I'm not racist, I just don't like the way they act in public". Well at first I was put off by that, but now, not so much anymore, because I agree. I can't stand the way certain people act in public-- loud, obnoxious, inconsiderate of others feelings. Red Man and Method Man do a good job of portraying this lifestyle as "geniuss" in the Boondocks. Their characters may not exactly look like the part, and excuse for saying this, but the part I refer to is "black", but they have the defining personalities.

Although I really must say, it quite annoys me to say that a person can act a color. In other words, acting white or black or any other race or color. I think that is just silly and ignorant to say (no offense Jing). I've been told over and over again (especially by white people that I've met and hung out with-- and I do hang out with predominantly caucasians. Just because they all share my interests and life style.), "you're the coolest black guy I've ever met", or "You're the whitest black guy I've ever met, and that makes yo so awesome." And I know they mean it in good spirits, and as a compliment, but at my friend Matt's party, so many people that were there that I had met for the first time were saying it, that he just got so annoyed and had to say something.
    He said "John, if one more person says you are the coolest black guy the've ever met, I swear I'm going to punch them in either the throat or the face because it shouldn't matter that you are black. They should just say you are the coolest guy they've ever met, period."

I was caught off guard by that, but I appreciated it a lot. So now I suppose this thread can and will continue to cover racial issues. lol. Sorry about the long spiel all.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You can't really act a color because then you would have to say that all people of that color behave in that way. People do however associate certain behavior or actions with a certain group or even race.

Eminem is said to "act black" or called a "genius" because he wears a do-rag, raps and uses certain slang.

Wayne Brady is said to "act white" because...well..he's Wayne Brady. Don't get me wrong cause I like Wayne Brady. He is a talented brotha. He was hilarious on Chappelles Show.

These two people behave the way they do because of environment and choice. Not because of skin color. If you took a black person, a white person and an asian person and put them on an island alone from the time they were born.... no wait, they would die. Um...ok, but suppose they did not die and grew up together with no media or outside influences. They would all act the same.

Would the black guy be trying to steal the white guys coconut?
    Would the white guy be trying to get the asian guy count his coconuts for him?
    Would the asian guy be following the black guy around the island asking "Can I help you? Are you gonna buy something"?

The answer is obviously, maybe... I mean no. Obviously no.

No one act's a color. The media (for the most part) and people/society just tries to catagorize certain behavior.

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default lucky me

Well thanks Li im glade to see u take my side somewhat, and no i dont take affence to that. all and all i geuss i just hate "RAP" amd the whole gangsta thing i mean i have no problem most of the time with white people acting black... they are just annoying period.
    But i do have some good news with in 12 hours i have set the worst REP ever so i have been told. oohray! (marines)
    I would also like to introduce myself as Li said im like his bro irl, but to make this short and 2 the point i am the one that is going to rule over u all in the next *counts on his fingers* 10 -12 years soon as i figure out how to hold the world @ randsome. (i'm dedicated to killing the communist U.S.) you all must know that your phone calls are monitored by the goverment. And u also must know that toilet seats do not cost 100 dollars.

Sincerly yours
    love Jing
    P.S. The oil shortage is a lie

Senior Member bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

there's nothing wrong with the boondocks, they're just saying what most people are thinking.
    I'm not a phantom, a banshee, a witch, or an ogre But my crew's got the best chance of taking over Yo, I don't transform and I don't change shape Don't take the bus, don't shoplift tapes But I used to, and if you choose to, Here's something to pop inside your walkman and cruise to I'mma pay dues and blues, that's the truth If there's one thing I've learned from life, there's much to lose I know, that's why we never duplicate shows You're just an imitation, you can die like white buffalo

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the show- i think it is funny that a black guy is doing black jokes, that just makes it funny.
    -TWM-

Closed Thread

Thread Information