AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arguing Parents

Teh Lam Shinjimae is an unknown quantity at this point Shinjimae's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2006 11:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Arguing Parents

Well I suppose we have all heard our parents argue from time to time, or more often like mine. What do you do while they are fighting? I always seem to find solace in listening to music until they are done. It sux but it's part of life no?

Senior Member YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 12:39 PM
    Threads

not to be bother bout it, cause it happens, Just staying out the way works.

Thanks keitaru-san for the sigg
    the ultimate reward is honor, not awards

at odds in the times of war

-yourshadow

Banned Forum / Chat Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2006 04:41 PM
    Threads

My parents tell me its how they communicate and just how they are with each other.
    so i dont really have a problem with it, just as YourShadow said " Just staying out of it works".

Banned Forum / Chat Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2006 07:18 PM
    Threads

My parents dont fight and if they did I wouldn't give a rats ***

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Most parents have squabbles. Mine do, but nothing to get all worked up about. Arguing is a part of life, A part of life I embrace to it's fullest.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Syne Wolfen is just really nice Syne Wolfen is just really nice Syne Wolfen is just really nice Syne Wolfen is just really nice Syne Wolfen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2006 04:16 AM
    Threads

I usually just listen to music. And sometimes leave.
    Unfortunately, it happens a lot in my house. x_o

Ambition.

I want to laugh forever, never forgetting, always smiling. That is my ninja way

COME TO THE DARKSIDE... We have cookies!!

You are the antidote that gets me by, something strong like a drug that gets me high.

T3H |<471/\/470r - Zee Oreo Cookie Woof.

PKK battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry is a splendid one to behold battlecherry's Avatar
    Fine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2007 04:51 AM
    Threads

mine don't argue that often but when they do i just go into my room until they're done & fine again.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The fighting in the house I live in is minor squabbles. And I don't get very upset about them. But with My father and step-mother.. Ugly **** happens there.. Fighting, blows, blood, shattering glass, you name something they have probably broken it and I can 't help but wish that my Step brother and half sister didn't have to go through that. I'm afraid they will have problems once they are grown.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

My parents fights were like that. I would hold my brother and listen to them. When I was older I would sometimes try to help them solve the problem--which don't do that because no child can solve their parent's problem. Unfortunately being adult does not mean you can effectively cope with life's issues and rationally resolve each difficulty that arises. If it becomes abusive...violence is a symptom of a deeper issue and usually requires outside intervention. Aside from calling the cops or reporting abuse--and I am not there so I cannot say if it warrents that, so please don't think I'm saying that is what you should do--maybe help them find a way to ignore their aruging? If it's really terrible you really should be asking a teacher or doctor about it, not a forum. No child should grow up in fear. (Keep in mind they are obligated to report abuse however.) It is often damaging to grow up in that environment, but ultimately it is up to them if they decide to let their parents' issues become their own. Just make sure you are setting a better example and try to help them find better influences in resolving issues in their lives. The problem with parents who do this is, they aren't going to change unless they decide they want to change. They are so focused on trying to cope and not understanding why their coping is ineffective that they are not focusing on what it is doing to others in their family. In survival mode, your survival is often the most important and everyone else comes after. You could try sitting down and speaking to them about it, but that often comes accross as "a child telling an adult what to do." The biggest thing I would say is to help your siblings find other role models/examples for resolving issues. The good news is, there is a lot of evidence that outisde influence can overcome such issues as a child grows up. Non-familial influence sometimes has much more effect on a person's life than influence within the immediate family.
    Last edited by akiko_kalla; 02-16-2006 at 10:52 PM.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Digital Artist Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pvt Jolt

i leave the house... when my parents fight they throw stuff... i almost got hit by a plate once...
    signature by Saphire.
    Family is in my journal, PM if you wanna join.

Please join my site. Go to my profile to view webpage.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama_the_spirit_fox
    i leave the house... when my parents fight they throw stuff... i almost got hit by a plate once...
    Yup, I know how that is.. My dad got so mad once that he made my little brother sleep in the closet.. all he did was spill juice.. Maybe chastise him and spank him.. but put him in the closet? later that night he picked him up and put him in his bed, but sill it is sad. I think he is just getting too old to be a parent.
    Last edited by Shinjimae; 02-17-2006 at 12:50 AM.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

It is very natural. Sometime arguements leads to a deeper or worst relationship.

My parents argue all the time, at least once in 3 days. It used to be annoying but now im actually used to it. Now i know why my sister left home.

The true loner 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2007 11:27 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    It is very natural. Sometime arguements leads to a deeper or worst relationship.

My parents argue all the time, at least once in 3 days. It used to be annoying but now im actually used to it. Now i know why my sister left home.
    Eh really. Is that true Aki-san? That happens to my friend having problem to her parents arguing and her real mother got divorced from her husband. A lot has happened to my friend all the time and I always encourage her not to upset. *sigh*

By the way. Well my parents can argue sometimes. I can't remember yet since pastly 17 years ago well my age is 2 year old. Very young eh? I always get used to it never blame them for what they did. My mother always raise to be a good child. Just some past way. I have no siblings but, I had a step brother named Ken, he always visit rarely. That is all I would tell it from my words.

"Ore horo yatsu wa chigau ze!" - Sasuke

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

yeah my parents fight like crazy. Yelling and screaming and such. I just eaither turn the music high or leave the music and do stuff for a couple of hours.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

My parents get into arguements every so often. Nothing major, usually it's something small or one of them is having a bad day. It happens.

When they have their arguements, I usually try to help them resolve whatever it is they're having trouble with. <_< My opinions come in handy sometimes.

Junior Member sailormoonfan#1 is on a distinguished road sailormoonfan#1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 05:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-

I totally agree with you

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

The fighting has grown on me it doesnt bother me as much, but when it doesI just sometimes listen in, sit in my room and draw, or listen to some mellow music.
    Last edited by Gizoku; 02-20-2006 at 01:47 AM.
    Derp.

I Rule You Jackk has a spectacular aura about Jackk has a spectacular aura about Jackk has a spectacular aura about Jackk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2006 10:24 PM
    Threads

Mine don't tend to argue. Too old. There about as hot headed as my grandparents. But sometimes they decide to flip out at eachother, or more likely at me. People enjoy the act of agrument, its just a fact.
    Sig made by Masali

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

Well, the folks aren't together anymore. I suppose that's a result of a little to many of those types of arguements lol. Yeah they like don't see each other ever cause the padre lives in Kansas City, but when they talk on the phone about plane tickets and expenses they are very civil towards each other. They both always have nice things to say about each other and hold each other in very high respect, they're just not in love anymore. Oh well, it happens.

But when one of those arguements is going on in the next room, just with any old couple, I always try to ignore it, usually thinking about various things.
    Last edited by Katrina_Survivor2; 02-18-2006 at 12:07 AM.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Senior Member KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2008 10:30 PM
    sleeping under a tree over a field of warm flowers on a cool sunny day ^_^
    Threads

for me, whenever that happens I would always interfere. I live w/my stepdad I always take my mother's side cause I know how life has been for her between my stepdad. If she ever gets into a fistfight I'm there to protect her even though, no matter what>_<(can't tell anymore than that)
    "Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters."
    - John Green

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

Post geez

im sorry but some of you go through worse than me others have no clue

man im really close to telling my parents to(well i cant say it here)
    they dont listen to me
    they drown money and stress problems in cigarrettes and beer(oh yeah that helps the situation)
    and then just get sick of eachothers company until they argue
    i have younger siblings and my older sis is out of the house so all i can do is just try o keep my little siblings out of it

and aki i do not believe most arguements in my house are natural
    but i grew up with it and im fine .... right?
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My parents only argue A LOT when my dad is drunk... and well, the only thing I can do is try to talk to MOM since dad is drunk and will just forget everything I'm saying... Geez, I hate it when they argue. The social workers had to take care of me once because my dad was drinking too much and I had too much problems at home. =/

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Tearless Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu has much to be proud of Kagekotsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2006 04:46 PM
    Threads

I hate it when my parents fight. The fights usually take their places when my dad's drunk. Mom hates it when my dad drinks and she gets pissed off, and doesn't try to hide it and the fight begins. Usually I'm there when they start it, but really soon I find myself in my own room, trying to read and listen to music, I don't even wanna think about my parents fighting. I hate it. Mostly I listen to music with a lot of volume so I don't have to listen to those two idiots.

Do I look like I'm in the freakin' mood..?

Thunder Shadow kakashi cool kid is a jewel in the rough kakashi cool kid is a jewel in the rough kakashi cool kid is a jewel in the rough kakashi cool kid's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2006 02:35 PM
    Threads

I like to play Video Games and listen to music ^_^

MIA konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate is a splendid one to behold konoha kate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2006 04:05 PM
    Somewhere in my dreams, breathless....in the warmth of the arms of the one I love
    Threads

I will go to my room and listen to music and I'll either go on the internet or play video games. Sometimes I just leave the house. But that doen't matter they stay angry with each other for a while, and they fight a lot.

Closed Thread

Thread Information