AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What RPG did you like the battle system in?

Meiun no Pengin Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder is a jewel in the rough Wilder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2006 10:23 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Tales of Symphonia... though I mostly like turn-based, Tales of Symphonia had a lot of combos and other awesome thing you could do with the characters.

I also liked Baten Kaitos. That was fun ^^! The whole Magnus system is really cool!

~.::.~Ginji Amano~.::.~
    ~.::.~The Lightning Emperor~.::.~

Go Team Light Penguins!
    Yup, that's my survivor theme ^^!
    Be sure to support us ^_~!

Junior Member Xlord is on a distinguished road Xlord's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2006 06:18 AM
    Threads

Kotor
    Xlord_one name-one legend.

Honey bunches <33 _Sesshomaru_ will become famous soon enough _Sesshomaru_ will become famous soon enough _Sesshomaru_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2006 10:04 PM
    Threads

Like all the final fantasys, kingdom hearts, and alot of others...

[Sig made by aYaMe5967~^_^~]

Deception Blood Angel has a spectacular aura about Blood Angel has a spectacular aura about Blood Angel has a spectacular aura about Blood Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2006 07:26 PM
    Threads

StarOcean Till the End of Time.

Just another Bounty Hunter...

Vividly Crazy .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2010 08:28 AM
    I'm telling you Souhi, Nessie is a tourist gag! ;___; Scotland :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

i liked the final fantasy x battle system
    Sig by Me :3

[ :: Gan, Lettuce and .Alu..
    Corrupting the Masses since 2006 :: ]
    17.09.07 - Yaoi Day

Souhi - Largest Achievement Known to Man:
    Getting .Alu to watch Naruto

Senior Member uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki is a splendid one to behold uzumaki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 06:38 PM
    Threads

I liked the battle system in Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon because both of their battle systems were pretty unique.

Senior Member SpiritHunter has a spectacular aura about SpiritHunter has a spectacular aura about SpiritHunter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2007 06:19 PM
    Threads

Square-Soft/-Enix:
    -Final Fantasy:
    -Final Fantasy VII
    -Final Fantasy Tactics/Tactics advance
    -Final Fantasy VIII
    -Final Fantasy X-2
    -Chrono Cross
    -Front Mission III
    -Xenogears

Enix:
    -Star Ocean: The second story

Namco:
    -Xenosaga I/II

Konami:
    -Vandal Hearts

CAPCOM:
    -Breath of Fire IV

Junior Member The_Lost_One is on a distinguished road The_Lost_One's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2006 11:21 AM
    Threads

Default What about...

What about Suikoden III or Unlimited Saga, im not saying that they were totallly great games, but the battle systems were...unique, I did like the magic in Suikoden tho...=)

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I liked the turn-based system in Legend of the Dragoon. With Final Fantasy, I usually got the habbitof falling asleep during a late-night playing sesion. With Legend of the Dragoon, I needed to keep my mind sharp at all times to get the combo's right.

And of course Knights of the Old republic. A perfect mixture between real time and turn based battles. The animations when dueling with close-range weapons are also brilliant. You and the enemy visually parry, dodge and hit eachother. They really should implement that more often.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Junior Member RocketZX is on a distinguished road RocketZX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2006 04:37 PM
    Threads

i like the system of tales of phantasia, or star ocean(SNES), cause it's more active gameplay then waiting.

Resurected to kill ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta has a brilliant future ssj4gogeta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2007 08:08 PM
    Any where on earth. always saving the world and stuff. too much routine...
    Threads

i think tales of eternia was good

Sig made by The Archangel

I DOVE DDR (dance dance revolution, It's so fun)

Junior Member Ravyn_Kishiro is on a distinguished road Ravyn_Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2006 12:37 AM
    Threads

Kingdom hearts and FF series

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My picks are Breath Of Fire 1 & 2, and also Seiken Densetsu 3, all for for SNES.

I don't really like most 3D RPGs... And I don't have a favorite amongst them. I feel that RPGs were at there best and most appreciable level back on SNES.

Breath Of Fire 1 & 2 had the classic turned based fighting system, that set the bar for many other games following it. I'd say it was even better than the FFs of the time.

Seiken Densetsu 3 was part of the Secret Of Mana series as a prequel installment, hundreds of years before Secret Of Mana took place. It was also the first rom to be patched and/or fully translated into english for SNES Emulators for one's computer. It has a free form battle system, with a great mix of spells and special attacks that are easy to use.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly, Seiken Densetsu 3's battle system wasn't all that impressive. It was just an evolution from SOM. Sure, it's a much better game all around, but so long as you're talking about SOM games, I liked SOE's battle system a lot more. That Alchemy system was pretty cool. Just wish the ingrediants were more plentiful so you could level it up more in the early part of the game.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

God of all and of nothing Pyrobrave is on a distinguished road Pyrobrave's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2007 03:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

I also liked Kingdom hearts and I'm sure KH2 will be just as fun.
    Does anyone remember Super Mario RPG(SNES). That game was fun.

I really thought Suikoden IV's battle system was fun. Especially the ship battle sequences. That was different
    Destroy them!
    You are magic!
    You are change!
    You are the cataclyst of all destruction!
    Life is death.
    Death is life!
    Manifest your will upon the tapestry of creation!
    END IT NOW!

Pyrobrave

Closed Thread

Thread Information