AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Halo 2 for PC finally announced!

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Halo 2 for PC finally announced!

Bungie has just announced that they're bringing Halo 2 to the PC.
    There's only one catch, you need Windows Vista to be able to play it, for now.

So obviously we'll have to wait 'til Vista comes out before we'll be playing Halo 2 on PC.
    Here's the link to the announcement at bungie.net:
    http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx...2vistaannounce

I guess a lot of people will buy Windows Vista, just to get to play this game on a PC.
    I live in Switzerland!

Senior Member bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

halo rules! i need cash, im desperate
    I'm not a phantom, a banshee, a witch, or an ogre But my crew's got the best chance of taking over Yo, I don't transform and I don't change shape Don't take the bus, don't shoplift tapes But I used to, and if you choose to, Here's something to pop inside your walkman and cruise to I'mma pay dues and blues, that's the truth If there's one thing I've learned from life, there's much to lose I know, that's why we never duplicate shows You're just an imitation, you can die like white buffalo

Senior Member philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2007 10:24 PM
    Threads

wats the point of announcing it.....if u still have to wait to play.....halo cool doh
    ...My Animeforum Family:
    Friend: xieshunnuan
    Friend: xiaxtuxning
    Brother: blackfuse81

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philmaster628
    wats the point of announcing it.....if u still have to wait to play.....halo cool doh
    In that way you know that it's coming and you have something to look forward to.
    Also, great timing to start saving up for Windows Vista, and perhaps a better PC
    I live in Switzerland!

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Yeeeah.....gonna have to give that a pass. I think I saw somewhere that Windows Vista will, unlike other version of Windows, need an advanced video card to get the most out of it. Also, it's been assumed that from pre-release versions that Vista is power hungry. Taken from the BBC website:-

"
    It is also likely to demand a lot of computer memory and a sizeable hard drive. While these requirements are likely to be met by dedicated players who want to get the most out of games, many less keen players could struggle to comply."

Also, wondering about it, I can kinda guess which will be cheaper - buying an Xbox, a copy of Halo 2 for Xbox, then setting up a connection from the Xbox to the modem; or buying Vista, upgrading the PC, then buying a copy of Xalo 2 for PC.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

I'm going to pass on this one.
    I'm a die heart consol player, and I have a good reason. Money
    Some people can't afford to pay the cash to get the top of the line computer so that the games run smoothely. I like the fact that I can just buy a console, and not have to worry about upgrading it or anything (maybe that's just because I'm technologically illiterate). And the consoles are just much cheaper.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

True, true.
    But I guess the modding community will hunger for this one, an official port of Halo 2 on PC where you can do modifications to the game, legally.
    I live in Switzerland!

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

I lik halo

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Oh boy, Halo!! Yay!!!!

Wait a minute, Halo sucks.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    Threads

I have a top of the line pc, 2GB of DDR2 ram, 2 7800gtx 512mb cards in SLI configuration and a dual Intel extreme. But I'm not getting halo 2, neither am I getting the new Microsoft. The reason I'm not going to get halo two is because I took Axeit’s advice and just bought a 360 two days ago, so I'm just going to get a copy of halo 3 (By the way, yes the 360 is very good). And I'm not getting the new Microsoft because, well I'm pretty sick of computers really, they always have problems, faults, incompatibility and so forth and cost too much. The 360 and PS3 won’t even cost me 1/5 of my pc's value, so I'm just going to stick with consoles now. And also consoles have evolved so much; there really is no point in pc gaming anymore. Plus isn’t it a bit late? Halo 2 coming to pc, when halo 3 is just around the corner?

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RichardE40k
    The reason I'm not going to get halo two is because I took Axeit’s advice and just bought a 360 two days ago, so I'm just going to get a copy of halo 3 (By the way, yes the 360 is very good). And I'm not getting the new Microsoft because, well I'm pretty sick of computers really, they always have problems, faults, incompatibility and so forth and cost too much. The 360 and PS3 won’t even cost me 1/5 of my pc's value, so I'm just going to stick with consoles now. And also consoles have evolved so much; there really is no point in pc gaming anymore. Plus isn’t it a bit late? Halo 2 coming to pc, when halo 3 is just around the corner?
    I agree wih you on the last point, but not on the view about pc gaming. There are games that just seem to work better on a pc than on a console (can you imagine Red Alert 2 on PS2?). I also beleve it's easier, and more practical, to create modifications for games on PC, which can result in some interesting looking projects (Black Mesa Source or Garry's Mod anyone?). As such, PC gaming will probably still be popular for years to come.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Plus isn’t it a bit late? Halo 2 coming to pc, when halo 3 is just around the corner?
    If you look at it from the PC gamers view, there are loads of people still playing Halo 1 on PC, because they like the PC version way better than the Xbox version.
    Instead of buying a Xbox and Halo 2, they have been sticking faitfully to their PC's, hoping that it would one day come out for the platform.
    Bungie awarded those, and gave them their version of Halo 2.
    Why not? They earn money from it anyway.
    I live in Switzerland!

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

I have a top of the line pc, 2GB of DDR2 ram, 2 7800gtx 512mb cards in SLI configuration and a dual Intel extreme. But I'm not getting halo 2, neither am I getting the new Microsoft. The reason I'm not going to get halo two is because I took Axeit’s advice and just bought a 360 two days ago, so I'm just going to get a copy of halo 3 (By the way, yes the 360 is very good). And I'm not getting the new Microsoft because, well I'm pretty sick of computers really, they always have problems, faults, incompatibility and so forth and cost too much. The 360 and PS3 won’t even cost me 1/5 of my pc's value, so I'm just going to stick with consoles now. And also consoles have evolved so much; there really is no point in pc gaming anymore. Plus isn’t it a bit late? Halo 2 coming to pc, when halo 3 is just around the corner?
    Well... A few points.

PC Gaming will remain strong for a few big reasons.
    1. Multiuseability. For the same reason that everyone is loving having extra features in their consoles, PC gamers love that they can use their workstation for gaming.
    2. Controls. Say what you will about a controller pad, I still love a mouse and keyboard from FPS games. Mouse for aiming, keyboard for anything you can imagine. There's too much for just that limited number of buttons to handle. Beyond that, some people do spring for a joystick or game pad, because they do like the feel, but that's seperate.
    3. Versatility. Even with how popular Halo was with networking XBoxes, people still seem to be much more interested in bringing over their whole computers rather than an XBox and a TV. There are a few reasons for this, but I don't need to get into all of them. A big one is that there are so many more games that support network play. With the consoles, there aren't quite as many.
    Cost doesn't count. If your computer cost more than 5 times as much as a 360, you paid too much for your machine. The only ones that cost that much are overpriced ubergaming machines. In which case, you should get your money's worth from it.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member thornman can only hope to improve thornman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2006 09:50 PM
    Threads

halo is the bomb and what is windows vista?

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Windows Vista is the new version of Microsoft Windows that is not yet released.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member CrazedInuyashafan12 will become famous soon enough CrazedInuyashafan12's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2006 08:06 PM
    Threads

All i can say is "ITS ABOUT TIME!"
    Friends: battlecherry, lord_sesshomaru_15, giantevilbunnie,

http://progamerzxl.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    Threads

People do have good point about being able to play around with the games mechanics but then again there are so much better graphic engines to play with and personally for me, better online games. But then again I was never one for online gaming, Ill only be using the free service for online gaming with PS3, that’s it. Call me dark but I really can’t get into the fuss, it’s a game that is now dated and has lost its buzz for me. But I never said PC gaming was dead, far from it with Direct X10, All I’m saying is it is a waste of my money, And I’m quite sick of incompatibilities and errors.

Yes I did pay a lot for my pc but that is my business. It is no longer a super computer; NVIDIA is already making the 7900 so my computer in a few months will already be dated. And I hate that fact, it winds me up. So my pc has had its day, a very short one at that. I’m not stupid with my money or bigheaded, After all I own an Aston Martin but I do regret buying the pc now, all the games that I love will be on one or both of the next-gen consoles. But then again they will be out of date soon. Oh well. I just look forward to waiting in line on November.

And the thing about the controller. I’ve been doing games for nearly13 years, and the new 360 controller I must say is very easy to use. Easier then the mouse for me, but then again I’ve always owned a very faulty mouse that made it hard to play. Either way it has no effect.

Also I hate Microsoft OS. Vista will be rushed like XP was. It will be full of bugs and is living proof Microsoft is scared that PS3 is going to outdo it. Which it most probably will, my believing so that the PS2 compared to the 360 since the 360s launch date. So has the PSP. Just avoid Vista for at least a year. Otherwise you will just have a very buggy and problematic software. Sorry bill, people have learned from you’re mistakes.

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus