AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Mecha Madness

Senior Member Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2008 01:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Mecha Madness

Who do you think is the mecha tho destroy all mecha. The king of machines, The sultan of Robotics, well you get what i'm sayin right?

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!

Mysterious Masked Dude Char The Red Comet is an unknown quantity at this point Char The Red Comet's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2006 04:28 PM
    Excavating the Turn X for my own purposes
    Threads

That woud be
    The Ideon

The Ideon has a host of weapon bestowing it with incredible offensive strength, making it perhaps the most powerful mecha in anime history. It contains a multitude of Missile Ports and Glen Cannons (which were put on by the colonists after the Buff Clan attacked) all over its body allowing it to attack in all directions. The Ideon features a barrier that can protect both itself and the Solo Ship from any attack but its strength relies solely on the level of Id. If the Id gauge is low, the barrier can be useless. Halfway through the series while at the planet Ajian, the Ideon's pilots discovered a tremendous power in the Ideon's Mini Black Hole cannon. When activated this creates a black hole which sucks in everything around the Ideon. Its power is so great though that it dealt considerable damage to both friend and foe. As powerful as that device is though, it's only the third most powerful weapon of the Ideon's. The second is the Ideon swords, two rays of energy that emit from the Ideon's wrists and are powerful enough to chop a planet in two (which they eventually do). Most powerful of all is the Ideon Gun, also known as the Wave Leader Cannon, which emits waves of energy that can wipe out planets, fleets, whatever with no trouble at all. The one caveat is that these weapons use up a tremendous amount of energy, meaning that they must be used sparingly.
      • The Ideon is portrayed as perhaps the most powerful giant robot in all anime, and possibly one of the most destructive devices in all media in terms of raw destructive power. Although it is at first, a rather humble weapon in comparison to other mecha, brandishing only an array of missiles and cannons as well as limited melee this changes gradually as the series progresses and the protagonists delve further into the Ideons' secrets. The great mech's overall performance increases to incredible heights of speed, durability, and power; even its most basic weapons increase their potency dramatically such as the cinematic "All Missles" attack where all of the Ideon's now Ide powered missiles are launched all at once at great speeds destroying literally fleets of ships in one attack. Without a doubt, Ideon's destructive power reaches godlike status when three distinct weapons are discovered.
      • Black Hole Cannon, which as the name implies, creates a miniature black hole capable of massive destruction. So much so that the cannon devastates half the surface of an entire planet upon its initial use. While devastating, this is only the tip of the iceberg as this is Ideon's least powerful super weapon.
      • Discovered next is the Ideon's powerful Ideon Sword, a palm emitted beam of pure light which may be used as a sword. While the beam's destructive power is immense, its most cinematic quality is its length. While adjustable, the maximum length of the sword is depicted as being quite possibly infinite!
      • However, none of the Ideon's weapons can compare to the awsome destructive power of the infamous Ideon Gun, infamous due to the distinction of being quite possibly one of the most devastating attacks in anime history. A massive blue cannon constructed during the Solo Ship's brief stay on a moon base based off of plans uncovered on the ship. The cannon is directly powered by the Ideon's Ide energy to produce an enormous white wave of energy which destroys literally anything in its path not limited to fleets, planets, and perhaps even galaxies. This cannon's initial use is so cinematically awsome, that it is treated as almost a bittersweet moment as the crew of both the Ideon and the Solo Ship truly begin to realize the freightening power they've uncovered.
      A total contrast to its humble first foray, the Ideon's capability is nothing short of awe inspiring as well as a little scary. At one point in the series, for instance, the Ideon uses Ideon Sword to cut an entire planet in half when the Ideon's pilot Cosmo is so enraged by the inhabitant's violent execution of a beloved crew member that he retaliates with lethal force. This level of destructive power is akin to only a few other giant robots in anime, such as that of the Gunbusterseries, although it can be argued when considering that the Ideon is able to battle nearly an entire planet's military force, not to mention Ideon's apocalyptic ending that its title of "Most powerful Giant Robot" is unchallenged.

Sorry for my poor spelling,English is not my first languish so please take that into consideration

"Why must we fight amongst each othe and further pollute the earth?'
    -Char Aznaple
    Visit my gallery at http://www.animegalleries.net/category/52645

You can't touch the Z Gundam

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Forget the Ideon. Megas has all that and more. I mean, if Coop wanted it bad enough, he could go through an entire planet in half a minute. Honestly, Megas has everything the pilot can think of for a weapon. In fact, the only thing that can beat Megas and Coop IS Megas and Coop, as shown in "Rearview Mirror, Mirror." And even then, it took a suped up Evil Megas to do it.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

What show is this thing from anyway?

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wikipedia sez: Space Runaway Ideon.

Unless you were talking about Megas.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

AG'S DADDY Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2012 01:17 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arosa Seijyu

Well I'LL ask about Megas.... where is THAT one from?

Sig and Avatar made by Sadie
    Family is in my Journal

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Megas XLR, a anime-inspired cartoon from CN. Not at all an anime.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

AG'S DADDY Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well then I'm sorry to say thatI aint interested in it..

Family is in my Journal

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You ask me what I think the most powerful Mech is and I answered truthfully.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Senior Member Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo is infamous around these parts Kenbo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    You ask me what I think the most powerful Mech is and I answered truthfully.
    This is an opinionated thread so please try not to down any one whom you may think is wrong. any way Opinionated has a point.

Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Indeed, this is a thread about one's own opinions, and as such no one has the right to knock someone elses idea.

Family is in my Journal

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

THAT'S RIGHT!!!! now lets get back to the topic at hand.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Come on people! Everyone knows getter robo is the strongest, the dude fights invaders with an axe and has a cape!

Mysterious Masked Dude Char The Red Comet is an unknown quantity at this point Char The Red Comet's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2006 04:28 PM
    Excavating the Turn X for my own purposes
    Threads

The Ideon uses Ideon Sword to cut an entire planet in half for God Sakes an that is only it's second most powerful weapon not to mention the infamous Ideon Gun

Sorry for my poor spelling,English is not my first languish so please take that into consideration

"Why must we fight amongst each othe and further pollute the earth?'
    -Char Aznaple
    Visit my gallery at http://www.animegalleries.net/category/52645

You can't touch the Z Gundam

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Show sound spretty boring, how interesting can a show about a mech that clearly can't be beat really be?

4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well based on my skimming of the Wikipedia entry, it can be and does get beat.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wanted to see the show but have run up against a brick wall, it isn't licensed and doesn't look like it ever will be, or at least until pigs fly. Looks like I need to figure out how to use torrents.

Member Urashima Keitaro is infamous around these parts Urashima Keitaro is infamous around these parts Urashima Keitaro is infamous around these parts Urashima Keitaro is infamous around these parts Urashima Keitaro is infamous around these parts Urashima Keitaro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2008 05:29 PM
    Threads

Megas all the way.
    What is love, baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more.

Closed Thread

Thread Information