AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should girls be able to play in the same league as boys?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 72.22%
  • No

10 27.78%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should girls be able to play in the same league as boys?

Senior Member Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki has much to be proud of Ibuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2006 01:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Should girls be able to play in the same league as boys?

Well I'm quite sure that many of you have already heard about this already. For those of you didn't hear about this, I'll tell you.

Well, I recently tried out for an all boys football team, the coach said I had skills, but I couldn't play on the team because I was a girl.

So now that brings us to the point.

Should girls be able to play in the same league as boys?

Ibuki the Femin Fatale.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

in pysical sports its probably better men and women teams are kept apart because of the fact when it comes to tackling, it could eaisly be seen as sexual harrisment. and some guys (the ones knows as pigs) would probably go for that.
    but, in games like soccer or cricket, or any none contact sport. there shouldnt be a problem with it.

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Train of thought En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2006 09:33 AM
    Threads

As long as you like the game, and are skilled enough for the team, I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to play, are you a man, woman, or that weird thing in between.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

I am all for co-ed sports but there are a lot of problems with doing it. As was mentioned some guys are just pigs and would take advantage of playing a physical sport with a girl. I have personally seen this happen. Their hands tend to "slip" to places that they are not supposed to go and it ends up being his word against hers. But let's leave the pervs out of it for now.
    Guys tend to be more physically powerful and aggressive than females. A guy will usually tend to hold back when playing against a girl. This is not fair to either person because then neither one is competing at their best.
    I myself used to play sports with girls in gym all the time when I was in highschool. Normally I would have to hold back a lot to avoid hurting them or beating them so bad that they did not want to play. But occasionally a girl would be so good at a sport that I did not feel I needed to hold back. Sports like basketball, track & field, volleyball, soccer, handball and flag football to name a few.
    However I played football on my highschool team and I don't think that I would want to play against a girl with pads on. Guys use a lot of adrenaline when playing and sometimes things happen so fast that you are not thinking of holding back. I would feel really bad about hitting a girl the same way that I hit some of those guys. Even if you were a very tough girl.
    While I don't doubt your determination or your ability to play, I can understand why it would be hard for the coach to let you play. It's not just the physical part of the game either. I have heard a lot of stories about girls on football teams and for the most part they were not treated well.
    I am not trying to deter you from wanting to play. If that is what you really want to do, you should keep trying.

What position do you play?

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

hmm teams sports are indeed better of when male and female are sperated. besides there are also pervs undert he females and males can play rough, i can know i spend six months with only guys in a project. It would be intresting to mingled plat though even for once.

at some point we had to do some excersise where one would lay between the others legs (the other was standing, get your minds out of the gutters) and the laying person would throw there legs up. i refused to do that, i was maybe wearing a pair of shorts but no guy was laying between my lesg or the other way around.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

In an ideal world, sure who cares your gender.

But realistically guys will play sports differently when playing vs a girl. Sports are also a way for males to bond. When I was in high school a girl joined the wrestling team. The guys hated it, the reasons the quoted to me where because guys are gross. They like to fart and spit and make wierd noises and they no longer feel comfortable doing those things when girls are around. They want to talk about hot girls and who they'd nail and GUY THINGS. Which is fine, when they're amongst guys, guys will be guys. You cannot change them. But add a girl into the mix and they lose that, which is an important part of growing up. Just socializing in a setting of only your own gender.

Can girls play just as good as guys? yes! Girls can be more talented than guys. But there is a bonding social aspect that needs to be examined when answering this question so its not just a black and white issue.

In closing, because I can be long winded. There should be just boy teams, and just girl teams and co-ed teams, all of them have a social environment that anyone growing or playing should not be robbed of.

The Goddess has Spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

The Love in Your Eyes Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle has a reputation beyond repute Astalle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2008 04:07 AM
    Threads

Meh, I think it would be a good idea, but I suppose there are those problems.

Twilight Sunset «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†»'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

You no that there is no way a coach can refuse you a place on the team because of your gender or at least that’s how it is in Calli USA You could really get him in trouble for saying that. Any way the guys at my school would never care if a chick was on the team so long as she could handle to physical punishment and I mean all of it, our coach liked to have girls on the team because they simply where very good. I remember a chick totally kicking my butt at Heads up, sure she had size over me but she laid me out. We also had a girl quarter back that was better then any of the guys at throwing perfect spirals I even had to worry about a girl taking my place as fastest on the team she maid a great line backer and she often gave me a run for my money literally lol. So all I can tell you is come to Calli =D and don’t give up.
    Last edited by Princess Minako; 01-20-2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Language, swearing is not allowed in any form.
    Awsome Siggy By sadie

I Would Like to start a family please pm me if you are interested ^^

I Finaly Started my Journal xD check it out i'll post stuff daily ^^

Break it
    I Would Never Sugest Any Thing Like This.

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

Well I think they should be seperate. If a girl gets on an all boys football team, the guys would be afraid to hit her and would give her an unfair advantage. Also if a guy hits them some girls can't handle getting hit that hard. Some would also see it as sexual harassment. On the other hand there are girls that can take the hit and get over. All in all it seems that it is better for the teams to stay seperate.

Stone Inuyasha101 is on a distinguished road Inuyasha101's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2006 02:41 PM
    Threads

I don't really think that women should be in the same league as men, we get more rough and we can do dangerous things to people, we men wouldn't want any women to get hurt.
    I may be Inuyasha...But he is my great trainer and master...

Thanks to Rikkiu585058 for making this sig!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha101
    I don't really think that women should be in the same league as men, we get more rough and we can do dangerous things to people, we men wouldn't want any women to get hurt.
    thats very true, but if a women is WILLING to to take the chance of getting the crap beatten outta her, then no one should tell her no because shes a girl...its called sexism (I'm pretty sure thats how its spelled)

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member Evok is on a distinguished road Evok's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2006 10:09 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by En Svensk Tiger
    As long as you like the game, and are skilled enough for the team, I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to play, are you a man, woman, or that weird thing in between.
    that would be a hermaphidite. i say that everyone should be able to participate in any sport. i don't know why people have to make leagues of just boys or girls. there should be just one league of everyone.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyasha101
    Why is it more okay for men to get hurt than women?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi
    if a women is WILLING to to take the chance of getting the crap beatten outta her, then no one should tell her no because shes a girl
    That's what I think too.

I say if the girl is willing to give it her all and put up with all of the crap that the guys might give her, then why not let her do it. Sure there might be some 'social' aspects that might not be the same, but I don't think that's too big of a deal..

Last year there was a girl on my school's football team. And I know a girl right now that is on the wrestling team.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A mans natural instinct is to protect a woman. In a sport like football it can be difficult to supress that instinct. If a guy is doing that on the field it is an advantage for the girl but a handicap for the guy. When you play football you need to have your adrenaline up in order to compete. If your worried about hurting a girl on the other team but her male teamates are not worried about hurting you, you may end up leaving the game on a stretcher.
    And for every girl like Ibuki who is capable of playing with guys there are 3,000 or more who are not. These 3,000 other girls may try to do it just to prove they can and get really hurt.
    I think girls should be able to play but it all depends on the individual. To me personally, she would have to prove that she is better than at least 25% of the guys on the team or have a special skill (like kicking).
    Plus there are some guys out there that would go out of their way to hurt a girl just to "prove a point".

He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Roze is on a distinguished road Roze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2006 06:23 PM
    Threads

I say girls can be in the same league as boys,girls are tough.And,I have seen some girls kick guy's butts in football and other sports.So,girls should be in the same league,we are strong.

The little doll,
    that is named after the most beautiful flower,
    Please follow me,
    Follow me into the shadows....
    where you will be safe....my dear...
    Roze

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

Heck no!!!!
    you females are frick'n EEEVIL!!!!!

used to play against them during soccer practice when i was little and they were evil.
    played against them in water polo practice and they were evil then to!

the trouble is they know our weaknesses and have no shame using them to their advantage!!!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu
    A mans natural instinct is to protect a woman. In a sport like football it can be difficult to supress that instinct.
    It is cultural more than anything, it is not a "natural instinct", since humanity historically has not been patriarchal.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    It is cultural more than anything, it is not a "natural instinct", since humanity historically has not been patriarchal.
    Hypothetically, let's say you have a male and a female friend. You are equally close to each one. Each one gets into a fight with a member of the same sex at the same time and they are an equal distance from you. Who do you go to help first?

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hypothetically, let's say you have a male and a female friend. You are equally close to each one. Each one gets into a fight with a member of the same sex at the same time and they are an equal distance from you. Who do you go to help first?
    Depends on who attacks them, if they are armed, if the victim has something to defend him/herself with.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Depends on who attacks them, if they are armed, if the victim has something to defend him/herself with.
    LOL. Your over analyzing the question (stop cheating and answer the question). No one has a weapon or anything like that.

He pwns your souls!!!

Banned Forum / Chat chii-fan-lover is a glorious beacon of light chii-fan-lover is a glorious beacon of light chii-fan-lover is a glorious beacon of light chii-fan-lover is a glorious beacon of light chii-fan-lover is a glorious beacon of light chii-fan-lover's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2007 06:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna Kadiri
    That's what I think too.

I say if the girl is willing to give it her all and put up with all of the crap that the guys might give her, then why not let her do it. Sure there might be some 'social' aspects that might not be the same, but I don't think that's too big of a deal..

Last year there was a girl on my school's football team. And I know a girl right now that is on the wrestling team.
    i agree with Tsuna and MaruDahi. Im a girl myself and very short and i love to play football and other sports, i for one can take the crap,i also can take down people 3x my own size and weight. But i was never able to try out for an all boys team not becauz im a girl becauz my school dosent have a football team.(god my school sucks.)
    Last edited by chii-fan-lover; 01-20-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

LOL. Your over analyzing the question (stop cheating and answer the question). No one has a weapon or anything like that.
    Well, what can I say. I'm not a very impulsive person. I think first, and act later.

Senior Member nega_knives will become famous soon enough nega_knives's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2006 08:03 PM
    Threads

yea they should I't would make more challanges arise in many things and new openings in just about all but I love a good challange.

Llama Cheeze Puff Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta has a reputation beyond repute Vendetta's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 07:26 PM
    Threads

YES!~!! definatly... Girls can do the same as guys if not better at times... so YES YES YES!!!... but, on the other hand i also agree with en svenst tiger....
    Last edited by Vendetta; 01-20-2006 at 06:25 PM.
    Set made by me
    98% or teens do or have tried pot :: If you're one of the 2% that hasn't post this in your signature::

Closed Thread

Thread Information