AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It is illegal to annoy now

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default It is illegal to annoy now

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-anno...2491&subj=news

According to the new bill, you can't "annoy" anyone on the internet anymore.

LOL Well now, I guess that pretty much closes down this place and half it's boards for one reason or another.

Way to go bush... you screwed up again.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

How does that apply to people in other countries?

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

oh oh. But... but what if I, living in Canada, using a canadian internet service provider, do flame someone on an american board, without disclosing my real name? They'll go and fetch me in my little apartment?
    Rubbish. I mean a law against online harassment is pretty much conceivable; however, annoyance is such a relative concept, to each individual and situation, and sometimes is not even meant.
    It's desolating to live and see such idiocy.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Some Old Cliché g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2006 01:56 PM
    Threads

It doesn't apply to people in other countries. That's why I'm glad I live in Canada. .
    I have a few words to say about that.. starting with:
    BUSH, YOU IDIOT.

I was actually told about that earlier today by a friend in my... i think it was civics class... we didn't really laugh... we kinda shook our heads in disappointment. That's the stupidest bill I've ever heard of, honestly, it's stupider than those "Stupid Laws" you find on google

Aifa bistowed rice upon me... has he bestowed it upon you?

Aces High Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

"Our esteemed politicians can't seem to grasp this simple point, but the First Amendment protects our right to write something that annoys someone else."

Thank God for the First Amendment. Bush, just stick to making your corny jokes in your speeches that don't make much sense.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

The sad thing is that Bush is most likely not the one who came up with this. He is not smart enough. So that means that there are other people out there with an IQ smaller than that of a piece of lint but still smarter than George "Dubbya" Bush.
    Scary thought.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TreyX
    "Our esteemed politicians can't seem to grasp this simple point, but the First Amendment protects our right to write something that annoys someone else."

Thank God for the First Amendment. Bush, just stick to making your corny jokes in your speeches that don't make much sense.
    You see, what alot of people don't realize is that Bush is not bound by the law. If he doesn't like something in the constitution, he does what the Bush administration always does. HE CHANGES THE CONSTITUTION. It's absolutely genious.

P.S. THIS POST IS PURELY SATIRICAL.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Pocky muncher #1 ^_^ Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2008 10:09 PM
    Lost on Cloud 9* yes the one with the silver lining*
    Threads

...this is teh DUMBEST bill i've EVER seen...*and i've never cared enough to pay attension to any* but i just had to see if it was true...-_-;...how can he stop something liek annoyance?...do you know how much people would go to jail a year???...there would be no more room for pple in jail wat is he gonna do?...put them on house arrest?
    I WANT YOU TO BAD REP ME....PLEASE!

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

This is BunnyCopy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Digested by K-S AmSidar will become famous soon enough AmSidar will become famous soon enough AmSidar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2006 12:19 PM
    Threads

I knowd that Bush is an idiot, but this is more then the much. Thei are trying to make work the imposible, and this is funy. What thei want, put all people of the world in yail or what. :lol:
    If you fear i stand by you, and help you in fight against the evil.

If you want i can make a sig for you. Contact me.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

That's the biggest piece of crap I have read in some time now. Then again that only applies to people in the U.S. thankfully I don't live in the U.S <3
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Digital Artist Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pvt Jolt

..... i hate bush. i hope he gets assassinated by an escaped convict....

what a stupid bill o_O unfortunately it applies to me for i live in california -_-;
    signature by Saphire.
    Family is in my journal, PM if you wanna join.

Please join my site. Go to my profile to view webpage.

Junior Member Uchiha Akenimo is on a distinguished road Uchiha Akenimo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 07:17 PM
    Threads

But annoying people on the internet is fun! They get angry and Spaz!

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

well here's something. Do you thhink that the government is going to waste their time and money to arest a dude who annoyed a person on the internet. It will soon blow over. And who cares. but still really weird why it passed.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

.... I'm speechless.
    The Communications Decency Act outlaws transmitting indecent material "with intent to annoy."
    Oh my god. These people need to grow a backbone.

-Fighting till Death- souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy has a reputation beyond repute souless cowboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 08:43 AM
    Writing Poetry in the front of the row looking sad. =.
    Threads

Hn. Well this one is quite the doozey. The fact of it is, it'll never hold up in the supreme court once some guy gets a nice lawyer. I give it a year or so. Hell, who would take that and say its a. okay to be thrown in jail for an email? Pres. Bush is just making more decisions at random because its his last term. When this term is over, i think it'll be quite the nice suprise. ^.^ And as far as killing the annoying pest, it isn't that hard if you are good at schemeing. Secret Service is teh suck.

--souless

Senior Member kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2010 09:37 PM
    stuck in the process of becoming infinity.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ekdromoi

Quote Originally Posted by Lon
    http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-anno...2491&subj=news

According to the new bill, you can't "annoy" anyone on the internet anymore.

LOL Well now, I guess that pretty much closes down this place and half it's boards for one reason or another.

Way to go bush... you screwed up again.

you know everyonez just gonna blow this off...(includeing me)... just like illegal media downloading.. or littering, n j walking...
    Last edited by kenny_killer; 01-11-2006 at 08:07 PM.
    [We the unappeased, the unaccepting continued looking,
    filling in the silences with our own wishes, fears and fantasies.
    Driven forward by the fact that no matter how empty the world
    seemed, no matter how degraded and used up the world appeared to
    us, we knew that anything was still possible.]

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Contradiction...Or am I missing something.
    "without disclosing your true identity."

Therefor...all one has to say is their name before starting a flame war or annoying someone.

I, Redfield22 would like to give the "intarnuts" my name

James Provenzano...Does this mean I can legally annoy people now? *poke's above poster* Lawl, I'm breaking the rules of the internet! After all, it's serious business.

Make note of it and try to pick me out from the 5 OTHER James Provenzano's living in my town alone, much less the united states of america.

Now to be serious about this.

Crock of --=self censored swear word so I don't get bad repped further=--... I would love to see the self negligent U.S. Government keep tags on the 100's of millions of americans that use the internet. This bill will fail like soooo many other internet related bills before it. There's always a loophole, only a matter of time before one of the 6 billion+ people on this planet find it.

Edit: Btw Kurama the spirit fox...didn't you know it's illegal to talk about assasination of any united states figured-head? Just thought you should know that, least you blurt that out in public and a cop hears you.
    Last edited by -Batman-; 01-11-2006 at 08:21 PM.

has been eaten by J.A.G. Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2008 01:31 PM
    Threads

This has to be one of the dumbest laws I've ever seen, but not as dumb as the one in texas: "If two trains meet at an intersection in the tracks, Niether one can leave till the other is gone!"

Sig by meisou!

Digital Artist Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    Edit: Btw Kurama the spirit fox...didn't you know it's illegal to talk about assasination of any united states figured-head? Just thought you should know that, least you blurt that out in public and a cop hears you.
    LOL you actually thought i was serouse? plus its not like im gonna break into prison, hire a murderer, and send him to the whitehouse. im not smart enough to pull off something like that o_O and who cares. freedom of speech. ill sue them if they tell me otherwise XD

plus, i live in southern california. the place where cops dont give a crap about anything, lol. hell, my school is infested with security and cops and EVERYONE hates the president and talks in public about what i just said XD
    Last edited by Kurama_the_spirit_fox; 01-11-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    signature by Saphire.

has been eaten by J.A.G. Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2008 01:31 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama_the_spirit_fox
    LOL you actually thought i was serouse? plus its not like im gonna break into prison, hire a murderer, and send him to the whitehouse. im not smart enough to pull off something like that o_O and who cares. freedom of speech. ill sue them if they tell me otherwise XD
    Seriusly, they give us freedom of speech and then they're like "unless Blah blah blah", Jeez, Just let us say what we want!

Sig by meisou!

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Doesn't matter if you were serious or not, the government doesn't care.Besides, if a prisoner is dumb enough to get caught commiting his crime, what makes you think he would be able to commit an assassination against a man who has a 3 block radiace of his bedroom crawling with Secret Service.

As for sueing them...Yes, sue the government.

I'll say this once...

Since the government gave us freedom of speech, they feel the need to decide when we can and can not use it.

Why? The government is corrupt.

Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Doesn't matter if you were serious or not, the government doesn't care.Besides, if a prisoner is dumb enough to get caught commiting his crime, what makes you think he would be able to commit an assassination against a man who has a 3 block radiace of his bedroom crawling with Secret Service.

As for sueing them...Yes, sue the government.

I'll say this once...

Since the government gave us freedom of speech, they feel the need to decide when we can and can not use it.

Why? The government is corrupt.
    i dont give a crap. freedom of speech is freedom of speech. ill say what i want when i want and knowone will tell me otherwise. Period. End of story!
    signature by Saphire.

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

i dont give a crap. freedom of speech is freedom of speech. ill say what i want when i want and knowone will tell me otherwise. Period. End of story!
    Alright than, just remember to let us know when they throw you in prison in a few years for something you said to the wrong person, this way I can say I told you so.
    That said, shall we continue on with a pointless argument and get the thread locked. OR shall we get back on topic.

Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Alright than, just remember to let us know when they throw you in prison in a few years for something you said to the wrong person, this way I can say I told you so.
    That said, shall we continue on with a pointless argument and get the thread locked. OR shall we get back on topic.
    lets get back to the topic cause no matter what, im not gonna listen.

this bill wont last long. thats all i gotta say.
    signature by Saphire.

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

OK, now I am as anti-Bush as anybody here, if not more, but this is just silly. The government doesn't try to stop you from saying that you're going to kill the president because it's corrupt and is part of a conspiricy. It say's that because IT'S A CONSIDERED A DEATH THREAT. If you publically say that you're going to kill the president and the president suddenly dies from poisoning, who the hell do you think they're going to suspect.

Not everything is a conspiricy to take away your freedoms and rights.

Now, that being said, Bush is an idiot, his administration is crap, and this new bill is no better.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke to late lol. Good idea, Kurama and Redfield, back on topic it is.
    Last edited by Katrina_Survivor2; 01-11-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Closed Thread

Thread Information