AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why don't the Sohma just tell Megumi about the curse?

Senior Member Chubakii will become famous soon enough Chubakii's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2007 07:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Lightbulb Why don't the Sohma just tell Megumi about the curse?

You probobly know that Megumi (Hanajuma's younger brother) can cancel any curse. so, when they do that, the curse might be outta their lives?! right? what do you think?
    Rising above mediocrity never just happens, it is always a result of faith combined with works.

Whoever looks straight into my eyes would find the true meaning of life and the beauty of it.
    Whoever becomes my friend experiences perfect happiness.
    Whoever listens to my words will find a key to another world.
    Whoever doubts my strength will see the bitter end of their lives.

What would life be without fantasy?

Senior Member sosoChan is an unknown quantity at this point sosoChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2006 02:03 PM
    Threads

weeeelll, I don't know about this, first of all he's just a kid, and this curse problem is a seriouse problem, and the sohmas had that curse for soo loooong, I don't think he ccan do it...I think???

Favourit Anime: Bleach, One piece, Naruto, Kare Kano.

Favourit Manga: Parfait tic, Mekakushi no kuni (invisabl world), Hana kime, Hana yori dango.

Favourite Video Game: Final Fantasy X-2

Member Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze is a splendid one to behold Hikari Blaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2006 11:28 AM
    Threads

I don't really agree this idea of Megumi doing it. It might spoil the plot.
    I'll stay strong. I'm pushing on the pedal till I break dawn.
    So I'm gone, go find another shoulder you can cry on.

Take me, break me. Every mile further there's a part of me that slips away.
    One day, you'll see. Even if you got down on your knees, you couldn't make me stay.

Night Drive- All American Rejects

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default i don't know 'bout you but,

Megumi's specialty is cancelling the spell, he already cancelled lots of old spells aside of his young age.

I don't really agree this idea of Megumi doing it. It might spoil the plot.
    i don't think so, the ending wasn't enough for me. and besides that was what megumi's talent was for, right?
    Last edited by Chubakii; 01-06-2006 at 10:14 PM.
    Rising above mediocrity never just happens, it is always a result of faith combined with works.

Whoever looks straight into my eyes would find the true meaning of life and the beauty of it.

[1] On The Line! Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2007 10:44 PM
    Threads

I really dont think that Megumi has the capability of doing that. We all know that the Sohma's curse is an extra-ordinary one & somewhat ancient & is pass from generation to generation within the Sohma family. Besides, if it's possible for her to do that, Tohru would have consulted her, since Hanajima is her friend & she knew Megumi. And yes! I agree that it might spoil the plot.
    Last edited by Uno_Caste; 01-15-2006 at 03:58 AM.
    Thanks for the cool set, Thornwillow.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default yes that could happen..

but, since tohru promised the Sohma not to tell anyone about their secret. and also, Megumi could have at least tried... there's no harm on trying.

Member Kawaii ~ is on a distinguished road Kawaii ~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2006 10:12 AM
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Chubakii
    but, since tohru promised the Sohma not to tell anyone about their secret. and also, Megumi could have at least tried... there's no harm on trying.
    Maybe your right or not, i'm not sure what my opinion is. But i hope someone else can come up with some good opinions! For your sake =0)

Fantastic sig made by Nespa!
    She is sutch a great person!
    I'm so happy! ~

Umm... I wish i could have one more signature, they are all so cute ^^
    But i can't make them...

Member GreenVI is an unknown quantity at this point GreenVI's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2007 09:47 PM
    Threads

If Megumi tries and fails, Akito's not going to be too happy when he finds out.

Junior Member pyroman180 is on a distinguished road pyroman180's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

yes and hasnt he and his sister had a decent amount of experience on cursing people...
    well not quite cursing exactly but were they able to take them back?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

but think about it.. the curse is only 100 years old. and maybe that was the reason why megumi was there with his superb talent! don't you guys and gals think?

Senior Member sosoChan is an unknown quantity at this point sosoChan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2006 02:03 PM
    Threads

but think about it.. the curse is only 100 years old. and maybe that was the reason why megumi was there with his superb talent! don't you guys and gals think?
    I don't know.....since u put it this way maybe it is a good Idea.

Favourit Anime: Bleach, One piece, Naruto, Kare Kano.

Favourit Manga: Parfait tic, Mekakushi no kuni (invisabl world), Hana kime, Hana yori dango.

Favourite Video Game: Final Fantasy X-2

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default ^thanks!

yeah.. maybe there'll be a part two! well, i'm just guessing. but megumi! argh! i can't get it off my mind. a hundred-year curse can be cancelled right?

it doesn't matter if megumi's still a child. he has powers! and even hanajima.. she has amazing powerful powers by that age and i'm sure she discovered it at a very young age and even mastered it at a young age too. right?

Junior Member KittyCloud is on a distinguished road KittyCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2006 07:28 PM
    Threads

hey pyro i know u unless ur not stick then i dont know u but if u is then i love u ^-^ lol the curse thing bothers me ..........................i love u !!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey pyro i know u unless ur not stick then i dont know u but if u is then i love u ^-^ lol the curse thing bothers me ..........................i love u !!!
    it's a good thing i didn't warn you. you're spamming!

Megumi sure is mysterious. i still don't know what they'll do.

Junior Member KittyCloud is on a distinguished road KittyCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2006 07:28 PM
    Threads

it's a good thing i didn't warn you. you're spamming!

Megumi sure is mysterious. i still don't know what they'll do.
    sorry i didnt know so sorry forgive me

i dont know well if megumi can take curses bak and ive only read up to the 5th book sooooo yeah and i could ruin the whole ending (the ending will probaly be better tan wat stick can think of ^-^ (wats spaming ?) srry !

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

Maybe I haven't read enough, but I could have sworn that Hana's powers weren't exactly used for removing or helping things...and her brother CAUSES curses...not lifts them.

Besides, if curses were that simple to lift, then there would be no point to them. It more than likely is only something that Tohru can do... That's why she's the main character...

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

[1] On The Line! Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste is infamous around these parts Uno_Caste's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Die Tod von Euch
    Maybe I haven't read enough, but I could have sworn that Hana's powers weren't exactly used for removing or helping things...and her brother CAUSES curses...not lifts them.

Besides, if curses were that simple to lift, then there would be no point to them. It more than likely is only something that Tohru can do... That's why she's the main character...
    True....^_^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

at Kitty Cloud: spamming is what you call the times you post and changing the thread's topic. please try to avoid doing that.

originaly posted byie Tod Von Euch:
    i think you haven't seen the anime yet... it says.. "all i can do is curse people, but removing the curse is my specialty, and i'm very proud of it." that's what Megumi said.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

correction accepted! That's what exactly is the ablility of Megumi. But, I still agree with Die Tod von Euch 2nd idea.
    "Besides, if curses were that simple to lift, then there would be no point to them. It more than likely is only something that Tohru can do... That's why she's the main character..."
    In addition, if the creator of fruits basket has intention of linking Megumi to the Sohma's curse then it should have been mentioned earlier in the series since Megumi already showed up. I guess, Megumi's role in the series is solely the brother of Hana.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yes that's true. but Tohru was also there to make the Sohma go back together and fix the problem made by Akito, right? and maybe they might be planning a continuation.

but also, it would be easy to lift because it's his "specialty" right? and maybe the curse wasn't lifted yet 'cause Tohru promised that she won't tell a soul about the Sohma's secret and the Sohma don't know that Megumi exsists, they aren't that close with hanajima right? so they might tell him when they know about his awesome abilities right? there's no harm in trying right?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's up to the writer if he comes up w/ that idea. Who knows? Let's just wait for some achievements as the story goes through.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yup. but it still keeps me wondering and wondering.

<3 dai's property ~dai Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2007 01:06 PM
    Threads

honestly if megumi lift the sohma curse it would end the interest right there but then again they would be happy... but if it doesn't work... i mean after all there is no sure way it will work so... honestly I guess the only way to know is to experiment...

proceed with caution Megumi...
    The Sins of my Past will Drive my journey to my Purity in the future...
    I am on a long journey to redeem myself of Bad Rep...

It's Humbling yet pathetic...

Even if it's a small step, it's still progress, no matter how you look at it.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

i think you haven't seen the anime yet... it says.. "all i can do is curse people, but removing the curse is my specialty, and i'm very proud of it." that's what Megumi said.
    Um... I have watched the anime. All of it. He says that he doesn't have electrical waves like Hana, but instead can curse people. He says he's been working very hard at it for quite some time and has gotten rather good at it. All he needs to curse someone is his or her name. THAT's what he says.

It's in episode 18, when the fanclub girls go to Hanajima's house. Neither in the English nor in the Japanese does he mention removing curses. Now, if there is another time later one where he corrects himself and says he's better at REMOVING curses than CAUSING curses, perhaps I've simply forgotten. Please refresh my memory by pointing out which epsiode. Thank you.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yah i know! didn't motoko ask if megumi have powers like his sister's? and he said "no"! and he said all he can do is curse people but lifting the spell or curse is his specialty!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information