AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this yourself

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 9.09%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 9.09%

3 27.27%

2 18.18%

4 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Kyou Kara Maou!

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Kyou Kara Maou!

Also known As: Maou from now on!
    Today I Became the Demon King!

Type: TV series

Release: Over 40 episodes in Japan. American DVD release set for last month, so should be available in stores.

Genre: supernatural/comedy

Plot synopsis: Yuri Shibuya gets transported into another world via different bodies of water (the first time is through a toilet in the women's bathroom, no less!). In this other world, he is said to be the destined Maou (demon king) for the nation of Shin Makoku that is the home of many mazoku (demons, although they look like humans). You follow Yuri and his friends/advisors as he attempts to understand this strange new world and become a good and fair Maou.

Story (7.5/10) Not the most original thing in the world, since it's a lot like Fushigi Yuugi but with a male lead. But, it's a continuous story that draws you in. Rather sappy in some parts, but at times it's part of its charm.

Characters (8/10): Again, not all of them are very original, but the cast is certainly full of lovable and memorable characters. There were very few that I wanted to strangle.

Art/animation (8.5/10): Nicely drawn, good quality animation for the most part, beautiful colors. The fight scenes tend to be lacking since they tend to flash to a black screen, show sword slashes, then flash back to the normal animation. But the rest of the animation is usually very consistant and smooth. Also VERY pretty.

Voice acting, music (9/10): I've only seen the original Japanese version, so I cannot judge on the dub. But, the Japanese cast did a good job, and I feel it was well-casted. I'm not a sub snob, and I don't always think that just because it's in Japanese it's perfect. I've known MANY anime shows and movies that had poor Japanese talent. This was not one of them. Well done. I only disliked Wolfram's voice, but I think it was SUPPOSED to be annoying, so yeah...

Conclusion (8.5/10): It's fun, and probably more enjoyable for people who like pretty boy anime. While it has some serious parts, it's mostly just an anime for those who want some light-hearted fluff. Then again, it's starting on its next season in Japan, and has the potential to turn darker like so many other anime shows do (start off light and fun and end up rather serious and dark. Examples: Fushigi Yuugi, Trigun, even Cowboy Bebop). Edit: Correction, it HAS turned darker. I almost forgot that during like episodes 37-40 or so, I was in shock at how dramatically darker it had become.

Gallery for Kyou Kara Maou! can be found here.
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 05-22-2005 at 12:13 AM.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

Senior Member Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts has a reputation beyond repute Peppermint Hearts's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2019 04:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: [TV series] Kyou Kara Maou!

The characters were very good, about an 8. The stories merited an 8 as well. The art was about 7-8. Yet I became bored with this series, it dragged on for about 79 + episodes and I haven't watched every episode of the series yet. I will one day. Overall, I gave the series a 7 rating.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information