AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime!

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll

21 41.18%

12 23.53%

10 19.61%

2 3.92%

1 1.96%

2 3.92%

2 3.92%

1 1.96%

0 0%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Air

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default [TV series] Air

Air, TV series, 13 episodes (13th episode as recap) + 2 summer specials. Produced by Key, VisualArt`s, Kyoto Animation.

Genre: Drama, romance, fantasy.

Plot synopsis

Long, long ago there was a princess with wings. The princess was all alone, with no mother, no father, and no friends… In the light of her palace, filled with blooming camellias, she was always waiting for someone to call upon her. She was waiting for someone’s voice to take her away in those endless summer days. She is still in the sky, waiting for you. Alone, crying. We all found her and came close to her, but … none of us could save her. Somewhere you two will meet… because it is our destiny...

It was summer. Kunizaki Yukito, a traveller, arrived at a small seaside town. He only took two things with him. The first was a small puppet, which moves without his touch. The other, given to those who possess the power, is a promise from a distant past…

Summer continues endlessly beneath the blue sky. In the air, where she awaits…

Story (6/10)

The story is divided into 3 arcs: the present (episodes 1-7), the past (several thousands (?) of years ago, ep. 7-9+summer specials) and the present repeated again (ep. 10-12). However, it is really difficult to define what is the 1st and the 3rd arcs and what really is important – you will see what I mean if you watch the show. The third arc is also the reason why I rated the story only above average.

The third arc is actually an alternate take on the first one – from the point of view of…a crow.

The first arc is mostly about Kunizaki Yukito befriending a weird girl, Kamio Misuzu, finding a place to stay and getting to know a few other town residents (which, unsurprisingly, are women.) He is travelling because he wants to find a girl with wings, of whom he was told by his mother. In the process, some quite mysterious, magical events take place…

Up to the seventh episode, I thought that it was just a casual drama with some mystery elements, but by the end of the second arc I was really into it – the story got really interesting and touching. However, after seeing the last episode I was angry and felt like I have wasted the last 1,5 hours....

Read the spoiler only if you have seen the show and want to know why do I think so:

In my opinion, the ending is terrible. It seems to have NOTHING to do with anything that happened in the show – basically, the first arc became unnecessary – I thought I just wasted my time watching it; the last episodes turned the focus of the show by 180 degrees… Everything that happened in the first seven episodes became just a minor detail, even the relationship between Yukito and Misuzu – I could not understand why. Neither have I got the last few minutes of the last episode. If you love the series you might say I am really dumb, however for me NGE was LESS confusing that this one, though I’m not really a romantic type of person.

Characters (6/10)

It could be said that all of characters were well developed, but the secondary characters were too emphasized. So emphasized that Misuzu became kinda…bland. In the last arc, character focus turned in an unexpected direction – I do not understand why. The main and some of the minor characters from the first arc became simply…….useless later on, except for Misuzu and… I won’t spoil more (but I love Potato XD.)

Art/animation (8/10)

I have to say is that the animation is pretty stunning – not much of reused footage, if you cross out a few episodes, and great backgrounds. Art quality is quite consistent, too. Since it is not an action anime, the characters are detailed. I love the sunset scenes, and the colour choice in general ^_^

Voice acting, music (6/10)

The voice acting is just… there, kinda bland. Could be better <_< Background music was just okay, but I liked the opening theme, light as a feather, even though I dislike 95% of anime opening themes. I love one of the songs in the last episode, too.

Overall (6/10)

I found only the 2nd arc good enough to justify watching the show – but your mileage may vary. See it for yourself, and sorry for the rant :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20051227184822.jpg‎
Views:	265
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	8448   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20051227184946.jpg‎
Views:	256
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	8449   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20051227184854.jpg‎
Views:	287
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	8450   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20051227184735.jpg‎
Views:	259
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	8451   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20051227185126.jpg‎
Views:	260
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	8452  

Last edited by MuZ0NaZ; 12-31-2005 at 09:35 PM. Reason: changed my mind after the movie

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Junior Member cheezisgoooood is on a distinguished road cheezisgoooood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2006 04:56 PM
    Threads

Type: TV series - 12 episodes plus a recap.
    Genre: Drama, fantasy

Story (6/10)
    The story starts off slow and kinda uninteresting. The first four episodes focus on Yukito and his arrival at the strange town on his way to find the winged girl. It's not the most original story ever, and never turns out to be much better either. The second arc focuses on characters from several generations earlier and it revolves also on the winged girl, but moreso. The saving grace was the humor in my opinion. There were some very funny moments in the series that I laughed out loud at, but other than that, this story is pretty standard.

Characters (7/10)
    The characters are mostly strange girls with strange problems. Misuzu has attacks whenever she makes a friend, causing her to always be alone because people don't want to see her burst into tears. The other characters all have either family problems or are under magical spells and stuff like that.

Art/animation (8/10)
    The art is wonderfully drawn and colored, but the problem is that for my tastes, the characters are just way too generic and cutesy. They have humongous eyes that are about 300 times the size of their nose and mouth, and their face is really round, with extremely long hair. Not to mention they're almost constantly in school girl uniforms. It's just too cutesy for my tastes, but nonetheless, the series is very excellently animated.

Voice acting, music (8/10)
    I noticed nothing wrong with either the music or the voice acting. The female voices were a bit, as I said before, cutesy, and the music is not too noticeable, but they get the job done.

Overall (7/10)
    I think that the main problem with this series is that it tried too hard near the end to be emotional and tragic. The final arc is actually in my opinion, painful to watch. It's just not pleasant at all. I thought the series was alright in being a light-hearted show that was different from the others I've seen, but not only would that not have been good enough to get it much better of a score, but the series was also ruined by completely ignoring nearly all of the characters and story to make the ending emotional. Perhaps they could've made the series a bit longer so they could maybe put in a couple of arcs to give it reason to be so heart-wrenching near the end, but overall, I didn't cry at the end, I was just genuinely pissed off. The audio and visual presentation was good, but the story needed to be resolved in a way that didn't feel rushed or unnecessary.
    Last edited by MuZ0NaZ; 03-23-2006 at 06:04 AM.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Story (9.5/10): The story is somewhat hard to digest at points, particularly towards episodes 7 and 8. During this time is takes a 180 from it's direction. This seemingly random change actually helps explain alot about the later episodes. These two episodes could be described as "very relevant, serious, fillers". I was surprised, by every picture I've seen of this anime before my completion of the series was leading me to believe it was a very lighthearted series. I, however, was sadly mistaken. It's more of a tragic love story. That being said...I believe it was forced upon us. Not that it wasn't good, but it was rushed. The series is 12 actual story episodes and Visual Arts only had so much money to use. They had to compress *That* much story into 12 episodes, Feeling rushed is natural but not as inconveniant as one would expect.

Characters (8/10): The characters in this series are mostly female. Everyone of them is quirky in their own respects. I can't really go very far into it for I fear I'll ruin the story. However, I will say that the characters develop tremendously over a span of 12 episodes without making you feel like you're watching characters on some kind of crazy maturing-steriod.

Art/animation (10/10)
    This is probably one of the most visualy stunning animes I've ever seen. So much so that I'd venture to use the term "masterpiece". The art style may not be everyone's thing, nor is it mine. But I respect it for the attention to detail, even when working on a scale that large for some scenes. The hair is one thing that stands out the most. While hair for most other anime females is about 2 or 3 layers, these girls had about 12 separate layers of hair moving at the same time, adding a scary realism.

Voice acting, music (9/10)

I loved the opening theme. It captured the mood of this anime perfectly. Happy and lighthearted, yet with an unfathomable sadness to it. Let me make this clear, I hate J-pop, yet this song is currently on my playlist and does get at least one play a day. The Voice acting matched the characters perfectly. It was cute and full of life, like the characters. Sometimes you keep forgetting the characters are only about 12-14.

Overall (9/10)

This anime is a very very VERY fine example of what an anime should be. It has a lighthearted mood which quickly changes leaving the viewer very fufilled at the end. This anime is an extremly impressive production, which is worthy of very high praise. By far the most praise worthy thing is the fact that they could pull this much story off in 12 episodes without making the viewer feel terribly rushed (though at some points you do). An anime that cannot be missed.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Junior Member ShushiLover is on a distinguished road ShushiLover's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 04:46 AM
    Threads

Air

Story (8/10)
    Air was one of those animes that where you have to go in depth to know whats happening which attracted me to it. Air starts off when Yukito, a wondering traveler who is looking for the "girl in the sky", arrives at a small sea sided town where he meets Misuzu. The story goes off from there, Yukito meets three other girls in the town, who also have their own problems. The series is set up in three sections, Dream, Summer and Air. Dream told the story of Michiru, Kano and Tohno, Summer was Kanna's story and lastly Air was focused on Misuzu and Haruko.

Characters (9/10)
    I thought the character designs were done very well, they werent generic and they went in depth enough to cover their parts of the story. I liked the character outfit deisgns they did, they werent simple, but they werent overly done.

Art/animation (10/10)
    This was the best animation I've seen ever. The series art was stunning, I loved the way they did the eyes, most people found it really annoying, but I liked how different it looked from other animes. Also, the art was very consistant, you could tell they put much time and effort into the art and animation

Voice acting / music (8.5/10)
    The opening song and ending song went very well with the anime, it was perfect. Especially the song in the last episode, It went too well, made me cry. Voice acting, eh it was okay, the voices matched the characters pretty well. Tohno's voice just bugged me, it was to blah and soft spoken.

Overall (9/10)
    Overall, I liked the series very much, its was different and unique than what was coming out at the time. I would reccommend Air to girls, Air is pretty much a girl anime, its a story about love and tragedy. Also, I wouldnt reccomand the series to someone who doesn't like to go in depth into a series. Air is a short and sweet story that doesn't drag out its plot for a bazillion episodes which was nice. Even though it was only 12 episodes, it didnt feel as if the story was rushed. But I must agree with some of the posts before me, it was very painful to watch the final 2 episodes. But Air has a really nice light feeling to it, the pain plot was focused on mother and daughter relationships through out the series. This is a must see anime for anyone.

Senior Member xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx has a brilliant future xxnytr0xx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2007 10:47 PM
    Threads

Air

Story (9/10)
    Now when coming across Air, you're probably looking for a drama/romance/tragedy kind of Anime, and when I first started it, the story kinda actually threw me off, with its almost abrupt plot twists and climaxes, but dont let that get to you, as it'll all fall into piece at the end. And with only 13 episodes ya' gotta expect that they'll be throwing in almost abrupt tangents to the plot, but if you just take a moment and look at the big picture of the whole series, it'll make sense, and Until the final climax, the story will have you in confusion and asking so many questions, so its important not to lose patience while going through the series, as it's all answered at the end.

Characters (8/10)
    Character developement was, for the most part, satisfactory if not excellent. Im my eyes, the main characters developement was beautiful and had managed, with thier ever changing persona, to make that emotional connection when the character goes the experiences that one can relate to. However, as for the side characters, and some of the beggining characters, its almost as if they're left out at the end, but seeing as the end focouses on the remaining story and plot, it cant be helped. Nonetheless, the characetrs development throughout the story also servers well to fit in with the Theme given at the end, so it leaves a sense of fullfillment with minimal gaps.

Art/animation (10/10)
    Beautiful, Absolutely Stunning, I would expect nothing less from the developers from Key, who not only manage to give us a beautiful storyline, but also art that manages to further emphasize and allow us to further feel the emotion and feeling that this series has to offer.

Voice acting / music (9/10)
    Hah! Music is flawless, and again something that I wouldnt expect nothing less from the developers, who are not only able to give us a fine storyline, beatiful art, but an also flawless ensemble of music that will touch the human soul when combined with the two other masterpieces.

Overall (10/10)
    Heh..after having just finished Air...all I've got to say is wow.... and that there hasn't been any other Anime that has made me cry the way I did. And as I also said in the beggining you're coming across Air as a drama/romance/tragedy kind of Anime, and you've come to the right one. It's message it conveys is most definetly a truth among us humans that most certainly rings true when thought about, and is indeed a feeling that after having it been said, will make Air one of the great Anime Masterpieces of all time!
    "Going Wherever the Road Takes You..."

Looking for some GOOD Romance Anime Reccomendations?
    (The top 15 should make you cry bawhahahahah)

Member Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl has a reputation beyond repute Akatsuki_Gurl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2010 02:16 PM
    Threads

Story (9.5/10)
    Being as I own the Visual Novel, I was going to be very picky if the story was off in anyway. But I was shocked to find how well it stayed to the story. This is a big thing I look at when a Visual Novel is made into an Anime. And I feel AIR was done justice story wise.

Characters (7/10)
    Minagi and Misuzu we developed very well. However, the development of Kano in my opinion was rather much less. It didn't really hold to her part in the story. So this put me off slightly. Though not enough to stop watching, no not even close. I just wish she'd gotten a larger part than she recived in the animation.

Art/animation (10/10)
    Being as this is developed by Key. As usual, the art is amazing in every way possibly imagionable. I don't think the art had any flaws in it. Of course I'd expect nothing less of Key though. But it was the art that caught my eye and drew me in, even the art for the Visual Novel is flawless.

Voice acting / music (10/10)
    The music. Wow, first of all the opening theme, Tori no Uta (Song of the Bird) sung by Lia is nothing short of enchanting. She did a wonderful job. All the vocal pieces were done by her and they are all beautiful. As for instermental music, beautiful and well composed. The songs fit well with the scenes.

Overall (9/10)
    Key did an amazing job with AIR. As I mentioned earlier, I would expect nothing less from him. The art, the music everything is amazing and draws you. The story and how everything plays out still amazes me in every way. I would reccemend this to anyone and everyone. It is a beautiful story.

'All I want, is for someone to accept me, as me.'

Member RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii has a reputation beyond repute RanChii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2009 08:50 AM
    Threads

Story 7/10

One of the things that will disappoint you in this anime is its confusing story line. While you are waiting for the whole story to meet its climax, everything goes on slowly and the ending is not what you expect (actually it doesn't make sense at all). The story can become hazy and unclear in some parts so you have to stick in to watching the anime to know what is really happening.

Characters 10/10

There is something about each of the characters that will make you like (or even love) them personally. Probably because they have their own stories that connect with the whole plot of the anime - making it all interesting and fun at the same time. All of the characters exhibit traits that makes them unique and appealing.

Art/Animation 10/10

An anime created by key and animated by KyotoAnimation has once again been produced. (Obviously) The drawings were beautifully done and the character's emotions were shown in the most genuine way where you can truly feel if they are happy or sad. The Scenery were flawless and everything went well smoothly.

Voice Acting/Music 10/10

The sounds used are one of the things that you will definitely admire since the voice actors gave out their best to connect to the emotions of their characters while the background musics were pleasant to the ears and it goes perfectly on each mood of the episode.

Overall 10/10

With its great audio and visual presentation, you definitely have to watch this anime but keep in mind that patience is always a virtue since the story goes slow.

.xox.
    .|I'm still learning how to make great graphics
    o(>_<)o|.

Senior Member darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21 is infamous around these parts darkrider21's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Decepticons Leo AK47
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2014 04:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkwolf1911

Default Re: [TV series] Air

story 9.5
    characters 10
    art/animation 8.9
    voice acting/music 9
    overall 9.5
    Last edited by darkrider21; 08-16-2013 at 12:21 AM.
    live life to the fullest because you are not guarantied a tomorrow

Senior Member thelegend117 is on a distinguished road thelegend117's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 Controller 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2015 01:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: heart stopper10

I liked this anime....i enjoyed all amines by key studios....the characters were very unique and i like the story behind it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information