AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Mutsumi Otohime [My first wallpaper]

Junior Member Shadow Lynx is on a distinguished road Shadow Lynx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2006 08:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Mutsumi Otohime [My first wallpaper]

First post, and first wallpaper, heh. Anyway I wanted thoughts and opinions on my wallpaper, any constructive criticism for it? I know the extraction could be a bit better but I tried a few times and this was the best I could get, it was made in Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0 Thanks~!

PS: Sorry about the resolution, I wasn't really intending this for much more than personal use, next time I'll make a 1600 by 1200 version.

Edit: Uploaded it as an attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MutsumiOtohimeWallpaper.jpg‎
Views:	540
Size:	730.9 KB
ID:	8397  
    Last edited by Shadow Lynx; 12-25-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Delegate of Darkness Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Death Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2007 11:11 AM
    Threads

Its great better than anything i have ever made. The text looks kind of blocky. But i can't say much im not to well at it.

L33T ryoga-one will become famous soon enough ryoga-one's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2006 08:43 PM
    Threads

you really should attach the pic instead of linking to it offsite.

it's kinda a rule

sig by Nespa

donate some rep please?

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Great wallpaper but I find there is too much in the wallpaper. You don't have one focal point but rather two...I think. :S The background picture there is fine with the decrease in the opacity but then the picture where she and a guy there, is, could be the main focus but then you have her (don't know her name) up front. Also, the character up front, its edges are a bit sharp. You might want to take the smudge tool and set the pressure maybe below 50% give or take to smooth it out a bit, but not smudge it too much. "Blend"
    Overall, it needs a focal point. Other than that the colours look nice with the wallpaper.

Wizard of Darkness kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2006 05:53 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Lol, I would agree with escaflownemoon that this needs a single focal point, but unlike escaflownemoon I don't think there are 2 focal points- I think there are actually 7 because of the floating text, and the background pictures aren't quite soft enough to dissolve into the background so they are quite prominent. I would suggest getting rid of the outer glow [that white] on the main scan, getting rid of the text at the top [or changing the font at least... because you have a techy looking border and then this cursive font...], and probably changing the background a bit more [instead of different scans... because they aren't really related to each other] - with a main scan like that, you might actually get away with a vectored background of a flower~ but depending on what you can do, you can use some good brushwork or a combination of abstract effects. To clarify though, there is nothing bad with this wallpaper and it's an excellent first wallpaper But I think there is just that little bit missing in the composition that could be worked on Great work

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Pretty good for a first wall, but I agree that there's way too many focal points. The text up at the top needs to be changed to a different font type to suit the overall feel of the wall. Since those borders are more techy, the text should also be a bit techy, maybe a thin, blockish type of text here would work well (like the "Love Hina" at the bottom of the logo).
    With the background, I think you should pick one of those pics, and then fade it out so it's about as transparent as the beach pic that's faded there right now. Get rid of the other one.
    Then to suit the techy theme, add a grid to the background only(not onto the borders)that fades in a diagonal or something of the sort.
    The extraction is decent, but could be improved, especially at the top of her head. I noticed you cut off a bit of her hair there, and other parts are a bit jagged. The pen tool is really good for curves and such, so give that a try for extracting ^^.
    Also the glow is a -little- bit too strong. Lower the brightness on that a tad and it should look better

I know this is probably very confusing since you've just started walling, but if you need any clarification, feel free to ask ^^ Happy walling!

Junior Member Luuna is an unknown quantity at this point Luuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2006 02:05 PM
    Threads

Looking for a clan! Asking w'all if you ever went to a gn
    Last edited by Luuna; 01-21-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Junior Member Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude is infamous around these parts Supermonkeydude's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2006 05:47 AM
    here and there... nice curtains by the way!
    Threads

I would love to do wallpapers, but i havn't the foggyist how to start? has anyone got any tips?
    Life is the disease...

Death is just the jab in the arm and the cold kiss on the cheek...

Junior Member Shadow Lynx is on a distinguished road Shadow Lynx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2006 08:35 PM
    Threads

Thanks for being honest and not too harsh at the same time, I'll listen to the advice. I agree with nearly all of the criticisms, I think a lot of the problems come from the fact that I went with a too linear and techy design without thinking of how to blend it together smoothly enough. I think I'll be more creative next time, and I'll probably leave text out of it. Thank you all for the comments! I'll be sure to post my next wall on this forum, or possibly update this one.

Banned Forum / Chat Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2006 04:41 PM
    Threads

Awesome wallpaper, looks great ^^

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Supermonkeydude
    I would love to do wallpapers, but i havn't the foggyist how to start? has anyone got any tips?
    http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=29262

*sigh* Literacy is SO underrated...
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Senior Member Foxxer will become famous soon enough Foxxer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2007 05:20 PM
    Threads

The image of the girl in the foreground has a few compression artifacts in it, especially above her nose and on her shoulder.

The glow you put around her is nice, it helps draw attention to her. An idea, though: move the dark figures behind her to the left, and get rid of the really faded ones in the far background. Right now she looks like she's standing in front of the couple. And the couple looks too dark; you might want to raise the contrast and bump down the saturation on them, but maybe wait and see how it looks when you move them over first.

The text is too sharp, compared with the softness of the images you're using. You may need to blur the text somewhat.

Closed Thread

Thread Information