AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Something about video games

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2004 11:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Something about video games

I have a new game called WARHAMMER 40K Dawn of War

It is a squad based RTS taking place in the year 40,000A.D.(for some strange reason but that's GAMESWORKSHOP for ya)

So this was posted to see if any has seen it or has it and can be talked about in this topic so just talk...NOW!!!!
    "A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy
    -Brother Termintor, Raphael
    5th company Death Angels

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

I havn't played it, i don't think too much of the Warhammer games, but Dawn of War looks and is the best Warhammer game to date, i used to play the actual game though a long time ago.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Senior Member Blaze auku is on a distinguished road Blaze auku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2006 08:36 AM
    Threads

that sound cool tell more!
    MY HEART IS IN THE DARKNESS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIENDS
    YUNFEI
    DEMONFOXGIRL
    BEATRICE
    LONELYFOX
    FOX SPIRIT

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Already said it was squad based....Four different races:

Space Marines-they're the all around race, there is no particular area they're good at except the killing of daemons(pronounced demon)

Orks-this race kicks(you know) in melee. Some ranged units but very inaccurate in small numbers, so the Orks rely on numbers

Eldar-Eldar are the Protoss of Warhammer40k. Once ruled a vast galatic empire, now reduced to nomadic ship dwellers.Having the weakest units in the game, this race is completely strategic based

Chaos-Chaos are the traitorous brethen of the Space Marines and are the equivalent of them except they rely on weaker units for distraction for the larger force
    5th company Death Angels

Senior Member ryu-otaku is an unknown quantity at this point ryu-otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2004 09:39 AM
    Threads

Blah! now what is this about... this thread?

Senior Member ryu-otaku is an unknown quantity at this point ryu-otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2004 09:39 AM
    Threads

ignore the blah plz!!!!!!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just talking about a new game, Dawn of War
    5th company Death Angels

Banned Forum / Chat Yunfei is on a distinguished road Yunfei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2005 04:09 AM
    Threads

How is Dawn of War

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Its really hard even though the difficulty my be on standard or anything. The point isnt to collect resources but to collect strategic points. There is certain spots on the map that are considered strategic and need to be captured for "resources". Also they got a plasma generator for power idea from Dune
    5th company Death Angels

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 3n1
    Already said it was squad based....Four different races:

Space Marines-they're the all around race, there is no particular area they're good at except the killing of daemons(pronounced demon)

Orks-this race kicks(you know) in melee. Some ranged units but very inaccurate in small numbers, so the Orks rely on numbers

Eldar-Eldar are the Protoss of Warhammer40k. Once ruled a vast galatic empire, now reduced to nomadic ship dwellers.Having the weakest units in the game, this race is completely strategic based

Chaos-Chaos are the traitorous brethen of the Space Marines and are the equivalent of them except they rely on weaker units for distraction for the larger force
    No Tyranids? damn.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

How is Dawn of War
    Its an RTS much like C&C, but Warhammer based. The way buildings are constructed or should i say summoned looks quite impressive. like the old C&C games you can only construct buildings in proximity to your own buildings, which is a bit of a let down, i havn't played the game fully yet, i was only the Chaos Marines, so i don't know all the armies strength's and weakness's.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Junior Member Dark Slieght is on a distinguished road Dark Slieght's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2005 10:34 PM
    Threads

ive played it and want it...but my computers slow and the video card sux
    To be aloud to train in the sword....you must train your mind.

Stubborn Half Demon AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo has much to be proud of AyoInuYo's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2007 11:44 AM
    Threads

it sounds like a cool game

Total Liar Dark Knight Zasz has a spectacular aura about Dark Knight Zasz has a spectacular aura about Dark Knight Zasz has a spectacular aura about Dark Knight Zasz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2006 04:15 AM
    Threads

i haven't played it personally but i've watched my cousins play it.. just to make sure it's kinda like starcraft right? if so then it's got smooth gameplay and great graphics... im just too old for too much multi-tasking anymore
    To live and die by the command of one who wishes it... That is the way of a Knight... To slay, maim and destroy all those who oppose you... That is the way of a Dark Knight...

- My Jessi <3 - gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2008 12:31 AM
    where one's worst nightmares begin...and all traces of reality ends
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight Zasz
    im just too old for too much multi-tasking anymore
    Pfft...like hell you are...-snort-
    Heh..Computer game huh? I wont have any hopes of EVER playing it unless I get a better compy and THAT isn't going to happen either...

You See I cannot be Forsaken...

Closed Thread

Thread Information