Its so overrated I loath the place.
Its just a place for tweeners to talk about nothing.
|AnimeGalleries [dot] Net||AnimeWallpapers [dot] Com||AnimeLyrics [dot] Com||AnimePedia [dot] Com||AnimeGlobe [dot] Com|
I think that MySpace is pretty stupid, but I don't like how the media has been giving them so much heat for these inccidents that have occured with young members on their site. C'mon, whatever happen to parental responsibility? Anyway, I don't care for the site, but I won't fault you if you happen to enjoy it...well, unless you're just being immature or not being careful on the site.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=79996926Originally Posted by FarEastStyle
At least two films on MySpace. Nothing, eh?
The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.
Hate doesn't mean anger, It only leads to it.Originally Posted by kenny_killer
I hate Trix cerial, does that mean I show anger twords it? Course not, that wouldn't make sense.
Just because a person hates myspace doesn't mean that they are sour twords it.
Who are you do decide whats "insolent" and whats not? Buddha? Ghandi? Jesus? Muhammed?to hate it even for partially that reason I see as insolent, and every word that rhymes with such meaning.
People have diffrent likes and dislikes, get over it.
Why do you care if it bothers other people? You could just follow your own advice and...Maybe...Ignore it!If it does bother you that other people use it and are a little more eccentric about it, ignore it.
Well, this is a disscusion forum. We are here to discuss things. So, someone decided to start a myspace topic. Since they did, we are here to discuss it.so what. why does it have anything to do with you?
As for that lovely rep you left me.
generalizations and assumptions. all things i disapprove of
Are you positive you disapprove of them? Because in the post you made you had assumptions and generalizations yourself.
You assume the reason for people disliking it is insolent, however, there are definatly people out there who will have a valid reason. Did you think of that? No, you just assumed. peoples reasons were insolent.to hate it even for partially that reason I see as insolent, and every word that rhymes with such meaning.
You obviously don't know me then.but do not bad rep you on account of i dont want you mouthing me.
Evolution isn't slowed down by peoples thoughts, it's changed in time and changes pending on the enviroment.[dont turn into a closed minded, insulent, and foolish adult. its bad for you and slows down our evolution] -kenny_killer
Again with the assumpstions. You assume adults are insolent and lose minded in addition to foolish.
Please, just shut your mouth.
myspace is awesome..gives me something to do during the day...other than sit and do nothing it's not boring it's fun i like to meet others who love anime and talk..gezz you people are boring...
here's mine http://www.myspace.com/gravitationgirl
Amaya-Chan loves Youko Kurama
Post removed for language
Last edited by Kewii; 06-16-2006 at 07:18 AM.
it's cool. how do you make a myspace?
Wow, this thread is still going?
Well I recently found a new thing on myspace, you can join your school your going to like the group thing. And since I'm going to a new school and all, I can kinda get info about the school. And some friends ><
So there's another plus side to myspace
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope.
WIT: Winner In Training.
I like it. There is a lot of drama going on about it, but really, that's the users own stupidity. If you're not careful, you make yourself an easy target. That goes to say for anything. I use myspace specifically for people I know already. I don't generally just add people I don't know or have never met before. =\ That's just asking for trouble.
i won't tell you that i love you
K I S S OR H U G YOU
cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with myLOVE glue gunnincan't read my POKER FACE
I like myspace; I have a site myself. I use it to keep in touch with friends over the summer, and check out how other people are doing.
But I never put up information such as my address or telephone number. I don't put up pictures that show cleavage or are erotic or sexy in any way. I know so many 14-15 year olds who claim to be over 18 and "lookin 4 luv", giving out their phone number to anyone who asks. Not saying they're asking for a stalker. But MySpace is the same as many things: be smart about it, and you'll be good.
In a nutshell: Be smart. Don't put up confidential and personal information. You'll be just fine.
I personally don't like MySpace. I have an account, but I never use it. I find MySpace to be childish, and the graphics people use for layouts on MySpace are horrible, and its set up in such a way that you can't really make your account look good. Besides, most of the blogs of read on MySpace are written by the typical 13 year olds complaining about how their life sucks, or who's going out with who in middleschool....stuff I don't care about, nor wish to read. I prefer LiveJournal, because there's so much you can do by way of designing your layout so it looks good, even if you don't have a paid account.
Here are the reasons why I despise MySpace.
I think that's a good stopping point. I've got plenty of other more personal issues with it, but these are the ones that I think (should) apply to everyone.
- Slow servers. If you're a large corporation, and you run a huge community site, for the love of everything, make sure your hardware can keep up.
- Attraction of idiots. The worst types of people find their way to MySpace. Sure, idiots are everywhere, but MySpace seems to have the most prominent collection of them.
- Encourages all the worst things about web design. I remember back in the day when everyone had Geocities. They would use their ridiculous repeating background where you can't read the text, the pages would be littered with all the animated gifs you could imagine, and the worst ones would play some annoying little song while you stared in horror at the awful clashes of horrible color combinations. Sound familiar? MySpace has taken the place of this, only it's encouraged more people to use it, and create their own awful corner of the Internet.
- The music. It deserves its own bullet, despite it falling within the previous bit. If I want to listen to your favorite song, I'll buy it off iTunes myself. For now, I'm listening to MY OWN MUSIC. I don't want your stupid web page intruding on the sounds in my apartment.
- Ease of abuse. Online sexual predators commonly find their victims through MySpace.
- Drama. I realize this is an issue everywhere, but MySpace inadvertently encourages it. Everyone understands that the Internet gives something of an illusion of anonymity. This makes people feel free to say whatever they like. Their blogs are out there, and they may say some things they never meant for people to find. Meanwhile, 16 year old high school cheerleader Susie searches for her best friend Ashley on MySpace, finds her blog, and discovers that Ashley like, totally hates on her, and oh my gosh, what was she WEARING. We also see the LiveJournal effect on MySpace. "omg teh society iz evil evry1 h8s me hres wher i cut myself 2day" Mix this with the attraction factor (point 2), and we just have a cesspool of emo drama.
- Poor layout and design. Say what you will, the site is not intuitive. It's confusing to customize your homepage. It's confusing to set things up in an aesthetically pleasing way (Which is why point 3 happens).
- The search. Both a blessing and a curse. You can find old friends, which is great. You can also be found by people you didn't want to find you. You can be found by people who are just looking to spam you, targetting to your location, gender, preferences, whatever. My question. Why can't you just leave out any or all information you please? Why is zip code required?
Last edited by Regex; 06-16-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!
Originally Posted by Regex
Thank you Aaron. I totally agree about the horrible colors and clashing graphics and animated gifs. xD
i actually joined because of my sis
Oh yes. Though, the animated gifs have largely been replaced with flash animations, that not only are 4000 times larger, and use 100% of my CPU power, they also make noise.Originally Posted by Regex
I have stopped counting the times I surfed on to a page, to be blasted off the chair by deafening midi-music. Not only is the quality outrageous, the music is really tasteless and it's the middle of the night, and naturally I've got sleeping people in the next room, guaranteeing that the volume is four kazillion times louder than anything my speakers should be able to perform.Originally Posted by Regex
I hate MySpace. It hurt's my eyes, and takes forever to load on 56k, and the minutiae of the life of some 16 year old doesn't impress me. One of my managers has a MySpace, according to my co-workers, and although the adventures of this gay, Geo-driving Assistant Customer Service Manager would delight me, I havenít bothered to look. I try to avoid MySpace like Ebola, because if I were to venture too deep, it would surely claim my soul.
At first I didn't really care about MySpace. But then, after I graduated, I realized that the only way to see my friends was through there since I'm not allowed to go out with friends. Yes, it can get very boring at times, but at least I'm connected with them more than just through e-mail.
--edit-- Upon re-reading my post, I realize that I shouldn't be posting 4 AM in the morning.
Last edited by Eris; 06-16-2006 at 09:23 PM.
my bad...i guessOriginally Posted by Alice_Fallen_Cloud
"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war"
"Every day is another chance to turn it all around"
well.....im not into myspace...^-^
Terrible, horrible, awful, overrated site. But I love to edit my profile. That and finding a few obscure people (actually found a confirmed half-sister of mine I didn't know about) are the only reasons why I am there.
I really hate having to pause everyone's damn songs and videos everytime I go anywhere. I'm listening to my own music thankyouverymuch.
There are a few rules that should be followed when visiting any MySpace site. These are for safety purposes, of course:
1.) Wear sunglasses! Silly teenagers pick all the bright colors to decorate their site with, not knowing that it's both blinding and tacky. Sunshades prevent the unnaturally bright hues from burning you alive.
2.) Put in some ear plugs, or turn the volume way down. No one has good taste in music anymore; what better way to share your love of nails on chalkboard (or it's emo equivilent) than to find a really loud song and play it for everyone who visits your site? Ear plugs prevent the sound waves from causing permenant damage. Turning the volume down is recommended, so innocent standbyers, such as your cat or sister, won't be deafened as well.
3) Stay away from the junior-high drama. Harmful to the brain, liver and thumb.
4) When people say something on MySpace, it's either a) false, or b) exagerrated and false. Don't get caught up in he-said, she-said, he-said things; symptoms of over-exposure include a sharp, throbbing pain that can only be mimicked by a rock hitting you in the head.
All sarcasm aside; MySpace is best used for letting people know you're still alive. That's all I really personally like to use it for.
Originally Posted by Redfield22
circulatory critizations torwards the same outcome. Try understanding what you respond too before you reciprocate. You know, normally im tolerant and apathetic about these sort of things but in your attempts to retalliate like this from a mere rep you have irritated me.
why'd you do this? Your not a mod. You dont (or should'nt) have an obligation to correct me. Did you do it our of your own decency? for vengence? Does breaking down each and every part of my post in such a degradative way make you feel like a better person? What's your goal? Make me contrite over my opinions?
do me a favor, the next time you reply to one of my post in such a hostilic manner, make it one "I" can not reply too.
[We the unappeased, the unaccepting continued looking,filling in the silences with our own wishes, fears and fantasies.Driven forward by the fact that no matter how empty the worldseemed, no matter how degraded and used up the world appeared tous, we knew that anything was still possible.]
I know Ive posted here before...but I have to give some props to my space. Theres a few friends I have on there that Im just too lay to call, so its a great way to send them a message. So...myspcae isnt all bad...but it does get boring fast. I check it once a day for about 10 mins...after that I get bored and pop up here.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)