AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: rate this anime

Voters
685. You may not vote on this poll

36 5.26%

5 0.73%

13 1.90%

9 1.31%

22 3.21%

21 3.07%

33 4.82%

106 15.47%

89 12.99%

351 51.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [TV series] Naruto

Junior Member ChaosDestroyer is on a distinguished road ChaosDestroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2006 06:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Story (9/10)
    Through adventures and hardships, fun and desperation, Naruto has a great storyline. He and his friends must complete the missions set for them by their village leader, the Hokage. Not only must they complete these tasks, they must face their own hardships aswell.

Characters (8/10)
    tis anime , Naruto has great characters...but sum of da characters in da anime, da art wasnt dat quite gud....but it's sill a great anime

Art/animation (8/10)
    The animation in Naruto starts out amazingly. However, as the series progresses, it gets worse. Sometimes it's great, others not-so-good.

Voice acting/music (10/10)
    The Japanese voice-acting is amazing... they portray the characters perfectly.

Overall (10/10)
    Naruto is definately one of the best anime/manga around. If you haven't already, you've got to see it!

| dun look so happy.. | Friendster | ..be THANKFUL i didnt kill u |

Junior Member Anquietas is on a distinguished road Anquietas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 02:03 PM
    Threads

Story (10/10)
    The story mainly follows a group of ninjas in training known as Team 7 which consists of Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, and Hatake Kakashi (their mentor).

Characters (11/10)
    The characters are great and unlike some of animes the main character isn't some unbeatable bad*ss, in fact he gets the crap beet out of him a lot. Even so he never gives up and keeps pushing himself to do better. The same can be said of a lot of the other characters as well, Rock Lee especialy.

Art/animation (9/10)
    The animation is some of the better that I have seen recently, and has been great so far.

Voice acting/Music (7/10)
    As with most animes the voice acting could be a lot better, but overall it is ok and the music is great.

Overall (9.5/10)
    All in all it is a great anime that can be annoying at times but is defiantly one worth watching.
    "If you immediately know that the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

Junior Member sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14 is infamous around these parts sassy angel14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2006 02:56 AM
    Threads

story: 10/10... there are lots of conflicts in the story and I'm glad that its not redundant unlike other animes, for example Inuyasha... all they do there is fight monsters sent by Naraku or meets someone whom they'll help...In Naruto there's the conflict between friends, love troubles... war against other countries and a few discriminations in the characters themselves...

h34r: characters: 9/10.... I like the idea of Naruto being a dobe coz usually main characters are portrayed by cool hansome guys... I also admire how they fused dozens of characters and make them all important in the flow of the story. There's also character development though it is somewhat slow-paced.

pencils: 9/10... those hand movements and the running thing were really awesome!!! I wonder how they draw that...

sounds: 8/10...I just love the poofing sound when they disappear or appear out of nowhere... and the dubs of the frogs are really funny...

overall: 9/10... I'll have to give it a nine coz they really did a good job with the anime.
    cute me!!!! hehehehe....

Member Scythe Of Honor is infamous around these parts Scythe Of Honor is infamous around these parts Scythe Of Honor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2007 10:20 PM
    Threads

Story: I'll give it an 8/10 for my own reasons. Being a kid nija is an awesome story line. But the weird jutsus are creepy.

Characters: 9/10, i think this show has very well made character base lines. The darkness, brightness and all out emotion really shows alot.

Art/Animation: hell, i'll give it a 7/10 for the mistakes. but i do like the way the show the chakkra. very cool.

Voice: 10/10 this show has extreamly well done acting and good lines. I think this is a basic need and they have accomplished it.

Overall: 9/10 becuase of the story and characters.

Junior Member Gaarakun will become famous soon enough Gaarakun will become famous soon enough Gaarakun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2007 04:29 AM
    Threads

(I'm a harsh critic... I would give only one 10/10 for every ten to twenty great shows, so i think an 8/10 is really really good.)

Story (8/10)
    I am impressed with the writing... The story flows like the characters and the world history were thought out before the first line was written. I especially like how each character's abilities are different, yet complement the skills of their teammates and foes. Also, I like that Naruto puts the main characters through emotional anguish... too much American TV sugar coats things. I'm looking forward to Naruto 2!

Characters (9/10)
    Again, the writing makes the depth of characterization delightful.

Art/Animation (7/10)
    Other people have said that the character art is well done, and I have to agree... each character's visage is very expressive. But when it comes to the environment, the establishing shots, and some of the fast paced action, I think a few cells are skipped here and there. I've only seen a couple of the new Naruto 2 episodes, but it looks like animation has been improved dramatically.

Voice Acting/Music (9/10) (Japanese only)
    The Japanese voice acting is absolutely perfect, I honestly can't imagine any other voices representing these characters... each one reflects the personality exactly. The English dub, on the other hand, is awful. I would give this alone a 0/10, because it is so bad it actually makes me want to not watch the show. The music is good but somewhat repetitive. It's nice that each character has a theme, and each setting has a theme, but it is the same theme over and over, after all.

Overall (9/10)
    Naruto is required watching for any anime fan.
    I drank what? - Socrates

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Story (10/10)
    The story is very unique. In my opinions, you wouldn't be bored if you watch it.
    Characters (10/10)
    The characters are very cool. unique way of making characters. I like them.
    Art/animation (9/10)
    Sometimes, the art looks kinda different. But still good. The setting is really good. I think, that was the hardest part of making a manga.
    Voice acting/music (9/10) (jap.)
    The japanese voice was great! But the english voice, i don't know, it's just not right. In the japanese voice, Neji's voice, was much mature. I luv the themes, and the music of the event.
    Over all: 9/10
    Almost every thing was perfect. It's a great show. Keep watching it!

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Junior Member Judith is on a distinguished road Judith's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2007 04:22 PM
    Threads

Default The Rate-ation.

Story: (10/10) I love the story. After watching 20 episode of Inuyasha, I never thought I would sit down and watch another story like that (They are similar). But thank the goddess because naruto doesn’t move in circles. It circulates (The sight of Itachi makes Naruto mad. Why? Because he hurt Sasuke. I believe you should care for yourself about the same as you do your best friend. You shrug off those that hurt you but once Its someone else its… fox time. Bah.).

Characters: (10/10) I love the characters. Even the ones I don’t like, I’m lying right here, have something good about them. Okay. Sakura annoys the crap out of me BUT she can… hit really hard and save my Gaara. That’s all that matters.

There are things that get to me, such as Naruto’s growing but… not growing mentally like Sasuke and the fact that nothing has really changed. No one seems to have grown besides the people that naruto beat-up. I mean, you can grow without being beat up. I like personality growth. I don’t know why… I just do. Wait, and Hinata. She is probably the only changed one that hasn’t got hit. Shikamaru is basically the same. Ino is still the same (ohh Sakura! I wish I were like you.. Benumbing)

Oh and the characters I love the most always die (Sasori (adoooooooored him. Oh my lord), Kimimaru (can you say ‘love’?) Haku…) yet the ones I hate (Deidara) seem to live and live…(I blame Deidara for my poor poor Sasori’s semi death/murder).

A lot of the characters could actually be ‘inspirational’. The only ones I can think of are Hinata (fight for your right) and Rock Lee (Don’t bend over and let life…get you)

Art/Animation: (7 out of 10) The art is good for the most parts. There are times when a person starts to wonder “why”. It is usually (for me) the characters eyes. Making a character look tired could be hard but why do it for some and have the others look like they are suffering from withdrawal? It doesn’t make sense. The shape of naruto’s face changes like 3-times per episode. Then again, I don’t expect perfect.. (I still don’t understand why Neji is wearing MC hammer pants)
    Audio: (2 out of 10). The bleach music is much better. I just find the naruto theme’s to be… not my type. They fit though. They do.

Overall: (8/10)
    Who actually watches the English version? May the lord save you. They sound terrible. There is no excuse for how bad they sound. Naruto is so annoying on the show. It hurts… I don’t want to here what they do with Sai (if it gets that far).

Junior Member r_a_i_n_e is on a distinguished road r_a_i_n_e's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2007 10:22 AM
    Threads

Story: 8/10
    Umm...it's a ninja style Dragonball. The first parts were captivating but as we go along the story it gets a little dragging and repetitive. It's meant for a younger audience because the plot is a little shallow. For that genre, however, it does okay.

Characters: 8/10
    There are so many characters here that sometimes you think every other character can do whatever the other character can do. Even weapons and special abilities are almost similar. Although, some are innovative.

Animation: 9/10
    I think the fight scenes were well done. Probably one of the reasons why many people like it.

Music: 8/10
    Not bad. Voice acting is good. The themes were so-so but don't have the makings of greatness.

Overall: 8.25/10
    If you have the patience, you can endure this anime because it's long. If you want an intelligent anime, this is not the anime for you. This anime is strictly for-entertainment.

Ich hab flotten Otto PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager has a reputation beyond repute PanzerJager's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2008 08:54 PM
    Threads

Default Naruto- TV Series

Genre- Supernatural (Why Feudal? They have TV, electricity, and modern stuff.)

Story: 7/10
    Not to good. The beginning was great, but as the anime progressed it became more stagnant and it took (and still does take) forever to get anything done (have a lot of thing happened in 234 episodes). The fillers also take a lot of the strength out of the storyline.

Characters: 9/10
    The characters are great and given the length of the anime you really get time to relate to them.

Animation: 8/10
    Good animation especially in the beginning (for 2002 of course), but is still very good, however in the more recent ones there are fewer details in the background and some sloppy animation. Another thing is (and I was debating where to put this) that when they are in a fight and they stop and have little talks and plan their attacks, the one they are fighting just stands there and wait for them to finish (I wouldn't).

Music: 9/10
    Love most of it, especially the opening songs (I don't bother with the end).

Overall: 8.5
    Nice anime with lots of action, drama, and evil people.. The fillers get trying sometimes, but I'd still watch it.

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

Story: 8/10 well..I only like the fighting scenes but some of the episodes are boring but when the fighting scenes is showing up...totally nice epecially the comedy episodes.

Characters: 9/10 Naruto is the anime that I have watch that i can't really choose for my one & only favorite character because plenty of the charaters are my favorite!!! they have different skill which make the movie totally nice.

Art/Animation: 8/10 I like the effects too..especially the drawings.

Voice acting/music: 8/10 the main characters voice is very cute!! the battle music is very very cool...indeed.

Overall: 8/10 well Naruto is a very nice movie but not really my favorite but plenty of my friends reall love Naruto.So 8/10 is my overall.

Junior Member ravishing-tranquility is on a distinguished road ravishing-tranquility's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 10:59 PM
    Threads

Story (9/10)
    Even after 200 episodes, Naruto still has in raptures over it's plot twists and turns. I can't really elaborate without giving off spoilers but Naruto has one of the best plots around. My only complaint would be that the retrieve Sasuke arcs haven't been very eventful.

Characters (8/10)
    The main character's are portrayed with depth and character. Even the minor characters have a story behind them! Unfortunately many of the people in Naruto are forgotten very quickly.

Art/animation (8/10)
    Some episodes are great, some aren't so much.

Voice acting/music (10/10)
    In Japanese, the voice acting is flawless, each voice gives each character a unique style.

Overall (10/10)
    If you haven't seen it yet, you should.
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

:-* lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2010 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Japanese Version

Story : 10/10
    this anime is awesome and the plot is just fantastic. two thumbs up!

Characters : 10/10
    everyone has their own speciality. everyone has their own problem. everyone is different. this is why i love this anime.

Art/Animation : 10/10
    all the characters are awesome with their own personality.

Voice Acting/Music : 10/ 10
    the musics are perfect. they can bring us to feel the characters' emotion. for the voice acting, i chose the japanese one, and i know i made the right choice. they are wonderfull.

Overall :10/10
    this anime is amazing. you will like it and never regret it. you will want to see it more and more! ^^

Junior Member Ore-Sama is on a distinguished road Ore-Sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2007 10:41 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by M I K E Y™ View Post

Overall (5/10)
    A great anime for the fan boys/girls, but its terrible for people who actually have taste in anime
    Reviews lose all credibility when the reviewer feels the need to put down the fans.

Anyway:

Story 7/10
    The story starts out simple but as it goes on only grows more and more complex. It's hard to believe how far the story goes in part one alone. So many emotional moments, along with some truly humorous moments. I love how even the more minor characters get a chance to really shine. Unlike many anime where the main character has to handle everything, here it's the opposite where main villains fall at the hands of characters other then naruto. The story loses points not due to fillers(which I do not count in evaluation as they are not cannon) but Shippuden, which sadly begins condensing the story, focusing primarely on two characters who seem to hog up most of the glory however the current chapters seem to be more like the Naruto of before.

Characters:9/10
    The characters are all well defined and the cast is balanced as far as powers go. So many likeable characters, some characters who will have you laughing out loud one moment and teary eyed the next. The characters develop at a sound rate as well. The only downside are characters like Sakura and Ino, the former taking forever to develop into someone non annoying and the latter never doing so.

Art/Animation:7/10
    There are parts in the series where the animation is just off the wall awesome and other points where it can get pretty bad, but most of the time the animation quality remains at an acceptable level.

Voice acting/music:7/10
    The soundtrack to Naruto is subperb. The majority of the tunes are great to listen to and pretty much MAKE the scene it's being used in. As for the voice acting, there are some really great voices used but at times there are some characters who sound exactly the same as another which seems kind of lazy.

Overall:7.5/10

Senior Member Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia has a reputation beyond repute Arcxcia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2008 10:29 AM
    Threads

Story: 10/10
    Naruto Uzumaki, a 12 year old boy wants to become a ninja, but not just a ninja, the best in his town. Since he was little he was disrespected against everyone and had no parents. Everyone hated Naruto because he had a monster, a nine tailed demon fox sealed inside of him. The towns people hated him so he wanted to become the next hokage the strongest and the most respected ninja in the town. At the beggining of the story he is struggling to get out of the ninja academy.

Characters: 10/10

There are many kinds of character that makes the story even more lively. Good ratings of bad characters. I like most of them. A lot of powers. Creative and amazing!

Art:10/10

Unique artwork with good effects. Such as lightnings and the rasengan effects. Beautiful backgrounds.

Voice Acting:10/10

Unlike any subs, Japanese subs put their feelings into the characters. That makes them sound lively and real. Good job!

Overall:10/10
    They are just great. Naruto is an anime you can't miss! I love you!!!

Sigs and Ava by me! And thank you for the Reps and Points-
    ~Donation needed; kindness really appreciated!~

Have 7 years of bad luck. Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

This is the Japanese version since I dont watch the English one...

Story 10/10
    The story is very interesting, and most of the episodes are funny. They always put lots of details, I kinda get confused, but... Naruto is a great anime, it has tons of characters. I dont really know whats so bad about Naruto, so i give it 10/10.

Characters (9/10)
    The characters are incredible! At first, when I watched Naruto, I think they look kind of weird, like Neji's byakugan for example, the looks of it, its kinda scary. But the more I watch it, the more I like it. Even though its scary, it has a great power.

Art/Animation (9/10)
    Well, the animation looks okay, but some of the drawings just look weird. For example, when I first saw Haku, I have no idea if he is a boy or girl, actually, i thought he was a girl... And when they grows up, the look weirder than before... but they did a great job on everything else =)

Voice Acting/Music (10/10)
    The voices are really really goooodd.. Its like the animated people are real, I dont even feel like someone is actually talking for them. As for the English one, well, it just sound bad for some reason...

Overall (10/10)
    Like earlier, they did a pretty good job, and I like the way they did everything perfectly except for the animation and stuff. Its a good story, the characters, voice actings, animations are all so great!! I cant even say how good it is!

* My Fan Arts * | Set by me | Now take requests

Senior Member Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 05:53 PM
    Threads

Posted by Ore-sama- Reviews lose all credibility when the reviewer feels the need to put down the fans.
    I couldn't agree more.

Story (10/10): IMO, everything in the Naruto storyline is just.. perfect. The Hokage, the Uchihas, Orochimaru, and every other little storyline there is to the anime. I love it, I'd call it my favorite anime. Definately.

Characters (10/10): There's a lot of diversity in Naruto. Girl ninjas, boy ninjas, old ninjas, young ninjas, good ninjas, bad ninjas... My fave character is Sasuke <3 So complex!

Art/Animation (10/10): Art is awesome, well drawn and animated. That's... all I can say ^_^;;

Voice Acting/Music (9.9/10): I love most of the voices... but Hinata just... bothers me >_< Music is amazingly awesome, I love Haruka Kanata.

Conclusion (10/10): Even though that last category was 9.9/10 (only cuz of Hinata) I think Naruto is a spectacular anime, and I REALLY enjoy the series. ♥♥♥

The Nine Tailed Ninja Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto has a reputation beyond repute Kyuubi Naruto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 08:57 AM
    Why do you want to know, huh? You plan on stalking me or something? >.>
    Threads

Story(8/10): In the beginning, to tell the truth, the story is extremely weak, and somewhat predictable. It does get better though, but is still pretty straightforward.

Characters(7/10): There are some characters that I love, and some and some characters that I would love to strangle to death. The fact that the characters are more annoying than cool most of the time, and males seem to almost always take the lead(I'm an equalist.), the execution of their character and all can be extremely underwhelming. And some of them are simply too moody.

Art/Animation(7/10): At times, the animation can be good with the mixed-in special effects in all. But the fact that the characters themselves, on more than one occasion, look very sloppily put together, the good parts are heavily outweighed.

Voice Acting/Music(9/10): The voice acting for Japanese: Great. Voice Acting for English: Not bad. Music: I really do love some of the songs.

Overall(7/10): Naruto, IMO, is not a bad show. It's not necessarily anything special, but still not bad. The thing about it that I truly hate is the fact how tons of people who rather overhype it or haven't watched enough truly great anime in their days give the idea to people that it's insanely amazing and the best anime ever. They can have their on opinion, but the fact that almost everbody I see talking about it says that is some of the reason I dislike it.

Junior Member Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi has a reputation beyond repute Sammi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2008 10:01 AM
    Threads

There may be "spoilers" ahead.

Story (6.5/10)
    The story, in my opinion, just drags and drags and drags sometimes, and because very boring at times as well. Other times, it's very saddening or interesting, such as the Haku/Zabuza arc. It's also extremely predictable and in a sense, cliche.

Characters (9/10)
    The characters are the only reason I pay attention to the Anime. For example, there are characters that are extremely well developed like that one puppet boy featured in my signature~ Sasori! I really loved him to bits; he, however, isn't the only character that is well done. There are others like Deidara who are very interesting and strange. Some characters though... tend to be cliche or annoying. Namely Sasuke and Sakura.

Art/animation (7.6/10)
    It's not the best. There are tons of more well done animation from other shows. I really hate to say it, but the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I shall say, has far better art quality that is clear and very... nicely done. Other Anime suchs as Kanon and CLANNAD would be categorized as better animation art as well.

Voice acting, music (7/10)
    The American dub really killed it for me. Especially the opening themes. In the Japanese version, the voices were very nice but some of the songs, only a few, grated my nerves. Others, I really enjoyed.

Overall (8/10)
    This is certainly not the best series, however, it's not that horrible. I think it's a lot better than the "scream without plot" DBZ, and a few characters have mezmerized me to no end with their development and quirks, such as Sasori/Deidara. The main thing that annoys me about the series is the fanbase, however, that's not really the fanbase, so I won't say much.
    a r t i f i c i a l
    "it's fake. it's not real. just a copy of it."

people think artificial things are not beautiful.
    the fact that they are fake changes nothing;
    what matters is if it's beautiful or if it's ugly.

... or perhaps i'm utterly wrong?
    banner and icon/avatar by sammi.

Junior Member †Enma Ai† will become famous soon enough †Enma Ai† will become famous soon enough †Enma Ai†'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2008 03:32 AM
    Threads

Story (9/10)
    I think the plot is quite original, unlike the stereotypical story line where everyone's favorite character is the good guy (look at Sasuke), and there's---omigosh---female fighters!! In almost all the other shounen animes I've ever watched, the guys do all of the fighting and the girls are only there for fan service. The girls in Naruto actually have personalities and guts! And there's also fan service for the girls, too (note the" famous yaoi scene" between Sasuke and Sai in the manga). The only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because of all of the fillers in the anime. I almost cried when I learned they were dubbing the fillers.

Characters (9/10)
    As I mentioned before, I think it's nice that the characters aren't all "tough guys" and "pretty girls". They all have their own in-depth personalities and add extra "zest" to the show. As for the character design, I think it's all good. The outfits seem to suit the characters perfectly and aren't too common (mind the so ever-popular school uniforms that appear in every other anime). The only problem with that...the anime is about ninja, yet I haven't seen a single appropriate outfit that fits the scenario of the plot. I mean, how the heck can you sneak up on someone in a bright orange jumpsuit?

Art/animation (7/10)
    This is where I'm a bit disappointed. In the very first volumes of the manga, the artwork is a bit messy, almost terrible, in my opinion. The proportions are okay, actually quite realistic compared to a lot of other manga, but the lines are kind of wobbly and uneven. But in the later volumes, that's no longer a problem and the drawings flow together more "smoothly.” As for the anime, I think it improved greatly since the first 20 or so episodes. The faces were drawn in an awkward way. And there's even a time when they made Naruto have two left hands while performing a jutsu! It just amazed me that the animators were too lazy to notice...
    In the fillers, the animation is choppy, awkward...in other words...HORRIBLE.

Voice acting/music (8/10)
    The Japanese voices are perfect and fit the characters perfectly, although I was quite disappointed with the American voice actors. I cringe every time I hear Naruto, Tsunade, or Ino in the dub...Naruto and Tsunade sound like chain-smokers, and Ino sounds like a poor imitation of a preppy cheerleader. And the "believe it" thing gets annoying...I sure hope they won't make him say it in the Shippuden dub. If they do, I swear I'll sue. =( The only "okay" dub voices are Tenten's and Lee's. Tenten sounds like a 5-year-old in the original (and sounds her age in the dub), and Lee's voice fits him so well in the dub that it's adorable.
    It ticked me off that they skipped the opening "Kanashimi wo Yasashisani.” That was a good song! Did they do that because the audience in America is primarily made up of boys and that song happens to be sung by a girl?

Overall (8/10)
    It's not my favorite anime or anything, and there is room for improvement, but it still ranks in my top ten. The current Shippuden episodes are keeping me hooked, and I'll continue to watch the series 'till the end. Heck with it, I'll watch all the dub episodes while I'm at it.

Want a custom pixel doll? PM me to make a request.

Junior Member †Enma Ai† will become famous soon enough †Enma Ai† will become famous soon enough †Enma Ai†'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2008 03:32 AM
    Threads

Story(9/10):
    I like how its unique and original plot drew me in just by watching the first episode. Normally, it takes me about five or so episodes to become a fan. I liked this one from the start.

Characters(9/10):
    Another thing about this anime that I admire; the chicks actually kick ***!! They aren't all giggly, bubbly little bishoujo thrown in just for fan service. And the guys are pretty awesome too. Especially Lee! He's so kawaii!! ^-^

Art/Animation(7/10):
    I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with the artwork in the first 30 episodes or so. The proportions were a bit awkward, as were the faces. But it improved quite a bit, and I'm quite impressed with Shippuden.

Voice Acting/Music(9/10):
    The Japanese voice actors did a splendid job and still are, although the American voice actors really irritated me. Both Naruto and Tsunade sound like retired chain-smokers, Ino sounds like a preppy cheerleader, and Sakura just sounds annoying. Except Lee's English voice really suited him. That's about it. And the music is wonderful! It's a shame that the dubbed version doesn't have any of the good endings, and they completely skipped the opening "Kanashimi wo Yasashisani" (which happens to be one of my favorites).

Overall(8/10):
    I can't deny it; Naruto is a pretty good anime. I gave it a 8/10 because for the dub, I'd give it a 7/10 and I'd give the original a 9/10.

Want a custom pixel doll? PM me to make a request.

Junior Member ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~ has a brilliant future ~*BlueLyfe*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2008 11:46 AM
    Threads

Story (9/10)
    Hey, who doesn't want to be a neenjar? The story is good, but it can get a wee bit cheesy sometimes. Even so, it's got a lot of different emotions running through it, and some very mature themes that might surprise you.

Characters (10/10)
    Very rich pool of characters, all with unique and distinct personalities. This is anime has a special ability of allowing so many characters, regardless of role (major/minor), to impact your experience in watching the anime.

Art/animation (7/10)
    The art is simple, which is fine. The personal problem I have with Naruto is that I have noticed on several occasions, distinct variations in the style of drawing; particularily in the eyes. It's not a big deal, but I'm a stickler when it comes to art, so it really stands out for me.

Voice acting/music (10/10) (jap.)
    Don't Listen to Naruto in English...plain and simple. If You have before, then you understand why.

This one of the series greatest strength's in my opinion (as far as the Jp. version goes). The voices are dead on and really help pull you into the characters. The music is pretty good too, a bit repetitive, but it's nice.

Over all: 9/10
    One of my favorite shows to date. Highly recommend it to anyone ^_^

Junior Member Serina Devil is on a distinguished road Serina Devil's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2008 04:09 AM
    Threads

Ive only ever watched the American version so i shall rate that.

Story Line (10/10)
    The story line is excellent without a doubt i look forward to watching Naruto on a daily basis.

Art (8/10)
    I like how the characters are drawn, and i find it interesting that no character looks identical in any way what so ever. However the way that the buildings are drawn makes it seem impossible to understand.

Characters (9/10)
    Even though i don't see the point in having most guest characters play "such a big part" as most people would say, overall the characters are well done.

Overall (27/30)
    Or a 90% so still passing
    Your destiny may be decided but it is not forfilled until you create your destiny...

Lord of Locksley Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood has a reputation beyond repute Robin Hood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2008 12:23 AM
    Threads

Story [10/10]:
    The story in this anime was very well thought out. Even during the fillers, you can catch me just starting at the content. I've always liked the background story of the anime, and how dramatic it seems. You can really relate to the characters' feelings, as more of the story unfolds.

Charatcters [10/10]:
    What I like about the characters in this series is that even though this story is very abstract compared to real life events, you could very well find a person in the real world with the same personality. I think the ways they set the character interactions with each other were flawless.

Art / Animation [10/10]:
    Really enjoyed the artwork in this anime, although the background seemed to be lacking in large fight scenes with rapid movement, I think they made up for it in the overall quality of the anime's art.

Voice Acting / Music [10/10]:
    I REALLY liked the voice acting in this series, each voice was very well picked for the character they portrayed. Japanese voice acting for these animes are never going to by topped by any dub. ever. Music in this anime was equally as enjoyable. The beginings and endings normaly set you for the mood of how the story was going, I like that in an anime.

Overall [10/10]:
    Absolute perfection. The creators did an amazing job with this one.
    TY TEED.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story: (8/10)
    The story is good, where it continuously builds on itself. Though the fillers for a period of about 100 or so episodes kind of made me consider stopping and waiting. Though the story has its occasions of 'friendship is power' or 'together we can do this' which is kind of corny and built for little kids. The story never stops appealing to even people older who are looking for good fights and character relationships.

Characters: (6/10)
    The characters are a bit iffy when it comes to their overall design. But its usually more or less for some, and unfortunately it appears to be mostly the main characters where they have an annoying trait, and those are the only characters you really see. Although the cast is very large, with other characters being a bit far more developed and more interesting than the main cast. Though I am a personal fan of the secondary characters, there are a few occasions where the main cast really impresses me, although its rare and happens only about 50 or so episodes.

Art/Animation: (9/10)
    Where the characters pale in their own persona's, they really make up by having some great forms of fighting. Which is mainly where the series takes up its true glory. And being mostly an anime about fighting, its usually what will keep you interested rather than watching if two characters fall in love or something.

Voice Acting: (6/10)
    I never really appreciated any form of English dub, even at a young age, and this is no different. Though I do not appreciate the original Japanese version much easier. Naruto still has a scratchy, high pitched voice, Sasuke still sounds like the guy who will go good/evil on the team with his subtle uncaring tones, and Sakura never shuts up about Sasuke.

Overall: (8/10)
    This is the anime you want to still be keeping an eye on even if your in your 20s. Although the anime takes its time showing you things you really want to see by throwing in fillers and useless plot holes, you still get to see some very memorable moments. Naruto lacks some dynamic memorable characters from time to time, it makes up by giving you a degree of fighting, techniques, and some pretty nice art and overall design to keep at least myself wanting to know more.

Junior Member auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2009 01:59 AM
    Threads

Default Another rating

Hmmm. Where to start. First off I know I am going to piss a lot of people off. Only the fan boys and girls though as any true rating anime critic would agree with me on this one. 2ndly I think I will actually rate this twice in two sections as thy readers will understand upon reading my results.

I am going to have to say this takes place much like Dragon Ball (Z,GT). It starts out great. Funny, follows the rules they made in the beginning, and has a good overall "save-the-world" plot. But... after the second season it is like filler episodes become a necessity to keep the money coming in and flash backs are used literally 3-6 times an episode!

I will use the standard format used so far as I tend to get carried away. (Pardon my spelling, you have been warned) Keep in mind I am criticizing the English dubbed version only and have not fully seen the end yet. Ok here we go...

Plot: (8/10) the overall plot I would say a good solid 8. A good 8. Haven't seen the end yet but I have to admit I am drawing weary of the filler episodes. When does it end???
    Revolving around the group of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura who are all ninjas starting from grade school, graduating, and then progressing along in the ninja life style. A good wholesome world was created around this plot with it's own set of rules and regulations to follow as is redefining the reality of nature. A good anime always must do this for the people who love anime like a good sense of imagination. As they graduate you easily find out the typically unnecessary love triangle with Naruto who loves Sakura, Sakura who loves Sasuke, and Sasuke loves Naruto... Just kidding, Sasuke and Naruto hate each other and are instant rivals through out the series.
    Basically you get the initial plot of life as a beginner ninja. Great, cool, interesting. Saw some cool fights in the beginning but the biggest issue I had was it takes a long time to get nowhere. Not only that but there are so many flash backs you would think the guys creating the series have alztehmers or something. Eventually they graduate after taking a "chunin exam" which is where the plot picks up. A bad guy from the past kills the village leader and a new one is sought out by the three and some help along the way. They get into a variety of battles here and there and eventually end up with a hot old woman with giant hoo-hoos with a massive gambling problem that is only rivaled by her anger and debt. Sounds like America’s current "leader..." Except the hoo-hoos comment... <,< >.>
    Long story short you see a variety of characters with a variety of great styles of fighting going along with the typical "save-the-world" type of plot only it is mostly just the village they are saving. Moral lessons and hardships are abundant through out the series and it tends to repeat itself after the first season... many times over.
    A lot of little details that aren't so little in the series is Naruto has a demon fox trapped inside him, Sasuke runs away to join the bad guys which makes Naruto want to bring him back due to a promise he made Sakura, and Sakura brings a dead fish back to life...
    The first season was by far an 8 out of 10.
    Everything after that a steady and declining (4/10). This is due to sheer repetitive fights and senseless comments from stupid writers. There is a thing as too much moral input and this anime captures this as though it was an art in itself. Long story short... If you seen the first season, you've seen the rest. I would probably skip every four episodes just to save you some time and I am willing to bet you wouldn't miss hardly any of the plot. As I said before, flash backs are so abundant that they appear in EVERY episode and sometimes as much as 6 times! Screw that! Yu-Gi-Oh! Wasn't even that bad...

Characters, (7/10): I wasn't too disappointed with the characters. There are many to get used to and there are many favorites in my book. Rock Lee and Sasuke are the two biggest bad asses in my book regardless of what people say and the dude with the bones and the guy with the sand were two with emo personalities that are surprisingly cool instead of whiney... Even when they were whiney.
    Too many to list I will state that each character has their own personality. Throw them in a tight box together and you will get your everyday human being an ego, pride, and conscience. Problem is that I don't like the way people do these kind of things because the main character is always right and it is only one personality. That is impossible by nature. One person can't be always right, no matter what. I'd like to see more anime that has a character with a bad attitude and is wrong regularly but remains to be a bad ***. There are some out there but not enough...
    Most of all the one who is most annoying is the main character that the story follows best. Naruto. He is literally the biggest whiney little lady I have ever seen and somehow they manage to make him always right. Like i said above. Nobody can always be right. too many perspectives and opinions for this to happen. He also is the worst dresser in the whole series. Even Rock Lee's green leotard has more practicality then Naruto's bright orange, um... is it a snow out fit, jogging suit, or motorcycle get up? Can't freakin tell.
    Very standard in characters. Which is why I gave a 7 out of 10. Did good on what is average, but overall it is just average...

Art/Animations. (9/10) This actually started at an 8 and the animation seemed to get better as the series progressed. However, the episode I left off on last was actually around a 5 with poorly drawn characters that looked like you were looking through a disproportionate fish eye lens. Very disoriented.
    Edging between your DBZ battle animation and FLCL's comical smooth art, you get Naruto.

I am going to put another one in here because it is actually quite necessary and nobody has ever done this that I know of yet for anime criticizing, at least on this forum. I am judging this one on the flow and consistency of the series: (3/10) By far among the worst I have seen as far as a smooth plot and episode consistency goes. So many flash backs that I end up forgetting what the hell the episode was about. So many fillers that I began to lose touch with the main plot. Some important things had way too many episodes dedicated to it. I think I counted what? Four full episodes of when the Hokage died? I forget and I am too lazy to go back at the moment and count but there was a lot that revolved around it. there should have been only 1.5 episodes to wrap that crap up. Biggest issue is that so little of the plot is addressed at any one time that the main plot has progressed so slowly that evolution would be envious. There are 220 Japanese episodes (america can sometimes tac on an additional 20 or take away pending on nude and crude scenes so where this one will end, who knows) and I have scene only 180. I got to say, if I rewrote the series it would take no more than 80-100 episodes to do what they did just to stop at 180. Sure there is a lot to cover, but it doesn't take 3 episodes to cover one topic. Message to the writers: Sure there are stupid people out there but you would be surprised at how well people can retain their memory of something when it goes by faster rather than slower. We don't need a reminder of how someone died or who some people are. If people need to be told who some dude was who used a sword a long time ago in the beginning of the series then perhaps that character wasn't worth having in the series at all. Very disappointed in the flow and consistency of this one.

I am going to throw one more in though and that is the battle art, have to because it is a fighting anime. Started at (9/10) but lately the people have clearly gotten lazy and I am going to give it a low (7/10). I am feeling generous after the plot. As a fellow anime writer I know how hard it is to maintain a plot without putting too much and too little. The beginning had cool fights and great animations for the effects but now they tend to just stick to blurs of color and less and less detail as each episode progresses. I want to see detail, effects, variety, and realism (with the creators set of rules of course).

Voice Acting. (9/10) No problem here. Naruto is ridiculously annoying but that goes in part for his character, not his voice. Smooth, relatively good timing, and understandable. Good job actors.

Overall: Started as an (8/10) and is so far a (6/10) I would say that this had massive potential in the beginning. But thanks to greed for money, stereotypical plots and animations, bad fillers, and monotonous flash backs this series was chizzled down to a 6. I'd say remove almost half of what was created so there can ONLY be a plot with no fillers then the score would jump to a 7. But because it has steadily gotten worse after the first season (and I haven't even finished watching them all yet) I am not looking forward to the last bit of episodes as it has completely lost my interest. Nobody likes flash backs, so why do creators continuously put them in?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information