AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Mythology

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

So Eden is the Ultimate Garden. And the ultimate summon.

Understand?
    I understand you're really grasping for straws that's what I understand.

I can't believe what you just said. You couldn't be more idiotic if you tried
    What the frell are you talking about? Everything I just said was true, Irish isn't a religion and you did prove me right.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    I understand you're really grasping for straws that's what I understand.
    You can refuse to believe it if you want... But I think you've already accepted it in your head and just refuse to say that I was right.

It makes complete sense and when your eally think about it, you know thats what Square had in mind.

Balamb Garden
    Galbadia Garden
    Trabia Garden

Like you said... Eden is a big ship. Big ship as in like what Balamb and Galbadia turned into...

Now when you think "Garden of Eden"... And it all comes together.

You can continue to refuse this information but everytime I think aout it... Thats the only thing it could mean..

cloud the sword master urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik is infamous around these parts urrik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 02:01 PM
    Threads

i think final fantasy is awsome i have almost all the games but i have passed them all witch is boring

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife
    You can refuse to believe it if you want... But I think you've already accepted it in your head and just refuse to say that I was right.

It makes complete sense and when your eally think about it, you know thats what Square had in mind.

Balamb Garden
    Galbadia Garden
    Trabia Garden

Like you said... Eden is a big ship. Big ship as in like what Balamb and Galbadia turned into...

You can continue to refuse this information but everytime I think aout it... Thats the only thing it could mean..
    Mista you do **** like this all the time, you haven’t stated any facts or press releases from square explaining any of this stuff or why they chose what they did. Yet you blindly defend their honor despite overwhelming evidence that the names mean nothing. What you're doing is in fact called grasping for straws. You want to believe something so badly you are willing to make things up that don't make a lick of sense and require a great jump of faith on the other readers behalf and your own.

Eden was a garden not a space ship. You can go ahead and pull "well it was the ultimate garden so it has to be the ultimate summon" garbage right out of your colon. But you sound like a moron, and you're using fan boy logic.

Thinking anything you love is infallible and has to have a reasonable explanation behind it. News flash mista it doesn't. This is JUST like that time you couldn't comprehend the idea I don't like final fantasy so you deduced that I secretly loved the franchise. That is fan boy logic, you use it far to frequently and boy is it irritating.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can't believe what you just said. You couldn't be more idiotic if you tried.
    Hey now, there's always room for improvement. Yeah and see this is why we can't talk about FF, because some fanboy, in typical dumb... fashion, is going say something stupid, which makes other fanboys think they can say something stupid, and the tread gets closed.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I hope you all know...Shiva is a hindu goddess.
    And for those of you confused: Irish is a nationality, it typically means you hail from Ireland which is an island of the coast of the UK (which is an island). Shiva was the motherly goddess of hindu culture, and since people didn't start associating with the celts until the phoenicians journeyed beyond the mediterranian, which was after the Aryans invaded the Indian Sub continent and even before that evidence of those gods were there. yeah...

Edit: HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN!? The Hindu religion existed FAR longer before the Celts were even a thought. Besides, the gods the celts worshipped were...abstract and most didn't have names. So more proof that sword has no idea what he's talking about in this case. Like darth said, Fanboy logic.
    Last edited by Masali; 12-15-2005 at 06:29 PM.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Balamb Garden
    Galbadia Garden
    Trabia Garden

What the hell are you talking about?

The Garden members were called "SeeD". What do you plant in a "Garden"? Seeds, which will than grow and turn into flowers,fruits, ect.I don't know about everyone else, but too me that makes more sense. Just because something is called "The ultimate" Garden doesn't mean it has anything to do with the Garden of Eden.

As for the summon Eden, just because it's called Eden doesn't mean it has a Biblical reference.Eden has more than one definition, It can also mean Ultimate Happiness, and Innocence. (go look it up on dictionary.com) It can also be ANY place that is considerd paradise.(also on dictionary.com). Now here's where the problem rests.
    Eden=Happiness/Garden of God/Paradise.

How the HELL does a giant speace ship that rains lasers down on people happy? or a Paradise? or even a Garden?

Just because something is named after something in mythology, doesn't mean it has the same meaning.Maybe they just called it Eden for the Hell of it? Hell, not everything in the game has some deeper meaning, maybe it's just a name.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    You want to believe something so badly you are willing to make things up that don't make a lick of sense and require a great jump of faith on the other readers behalf and your own.
    It makes total sense and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    I already stated this. And it was a he. And he had several powers along with the power of ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    What the hell are you talking about?

The Garden members were called "SeeD". What do you plant in a "Garden"? Seeds, which will than grow and turn into flowers,fruits, ect.I don't know about everyone else, but too me that makes more sense. Just because something is called "The ultimate" Garden doesn't mean it has anything to do with the Garden of Eden.

As for the summon Eden, just because it's called Eden doesn't mean it has a Biblical reference.Eden has more than one definition, It can also mean Ultimate Happiness, and Innocence. (go look it up on dictionary.com) It can also be ANY place that is considerd paradise.(also on dictionary.com). Now here's where the problem rests.
    Eden=Happiness/Garden of God/Paradise.

How the HELL does a giant speace ship that rains lasers down on people happy? or a Paradise? or even a Garden?

Just because something is named after something in mythology, doesn't mean it has the same meaning.Maybe they just called it Eden for the Hell of it? Hell, not everything in the game has some deeper meaning, maybe it's just a name.
    The hell??

Look....

Balamb, Galbadia, and Tribia were all military facilities that were called Gardens... SeeDs were top soldiers fighting for thier gardens... This is obviously purposely made to be ralated... Garden and SeeD.

Now Eden the summon was obviously made to look similar to Balamb and Galabadia since both of those took off and became ships...

Eden was a ship just like Balamb and Galbadia, and it was the name of the Garden of Paradise in the bible.

Garden... Eden...

*Slaps limp hand across chest repeatedly*

Duuurr...

Seriously if you three don't get that right now... You guys are... wow.... I mean, wow... I gave you all the clues... You can still think it doesn't make sense... Thats all up to you... Hopefully some smarter people will understand this...

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

*Slaps limp hand across chest repeatedly*

Duuurr...
    Really, how old are you?

The point is, that Eden in FF8 is a force of pure destructive power. The Garden of Eden was a peaceful paradise. Garden's train soldiers to fight and kill, the Garden of Eden was simply paradise with no violence or hatred (Just temptations).
    Incase you got your info off of fantasy square...
    You can't trust Fantasysquare.com either, because it's a fan site.Sure it has plenty of info, and a large portion of it is correct and accurate to the Mythology from which it spawned, but that doesn't mean it has releationship to the game, just coincidence. Gligamesh and Odin were two completly diffrent Mythological figures, both from diffrent regions, and seperated by a few thousand years,clearly no relation too the two. Yet in FF8 they act as if they know each other, and Gilgamesh takes over for Odin after Seifer kills him.
    Also, the deplict Gilgamesh as a 8 armed demi-god of all things. He was just a man blinded with greed in his search for immortality. He fails at that, so than go's for eternal youth. After wasting a large portion of his life, he walks away with nothing as a snake walks away with his eternal youth. Which is funny because snakes just shed old skin, so they pretty much already have eternal youth.

*Ahem* now...moving on to the Garden-eden thing.

Why is it so hard to belive that "SeeD" Being raised in a "Garden" Doesn't mean just that.

You have a Garden (Balamb)
    You plant seeds in said Garden.
    the seeds mature and grow.
    soon the seed's turn into flowers , some of them get too big (Squall, his team, and the other SeeD on assignment somewhere) and must be uprooted to a larger garden (The world)

Is that hard to belive? Is this theory really that far fetched?
    Eden and the Gardens might have even been a coincidence,maybe it wasn't. Who knows what Square was thinking? They never say anything THIS in-depth about they're games. Hell, for all we know both of us could be right. I however, have a diffrent opinion on the Eden/Garden thing.

And in my personal opion, Eden doesn't look like ANY of the gardens.
    To me, it looks like a bizzare fusion between a U.F.O. and a jelly fish. It also looks like theres a headless female shaped object with no arms, but the legs are replaced with a giant needle-like armor with fish fins protruding from the back. Also, the female portion seems to be wearing a cape.

It may sound a bit...Odd, But I guess we just perceive things diffrently.

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Really, how old are you?

The point is, that Eden in FF8 is a force of pure destructive power. The Garden of Eden was a peaceful paradise. Garden's train soldiers to fight and kill, the Garden of Eden was simply paradise with no violence or hatred (Just temptations).
    Incase you got your info off of fantasy square...
    You can't trust Fantasysquare.com either, because it's a fan site.Sure it has plenty of info, and a large portion of it is correct and accurate to the Mythology from which it spawned, but that doesn't mean it has releationship to the game, just coincidence. Gligamesh and Odin were two completly diffrent Mythological figures, both from diffrent regions, and seperated by a few thousand years,clearly no relation too the two. Yet in FF8 they act as if they know each other, and Gilgamesh takes over for Odin after Seifer kills him.
    Also, the deplict Gilgamesh as a 8 armed demi-god of all things. He was just a man blinded with greed in his search for immortality. He fails at that, so than go's for eternal youth. After wasting a large portion of his life, he walks away with nothing as a snake walks away with his eternal youth. Which is funny because snakes just shed old skin, so they pretty much already have eternal youth.

*Ahem* now...moving on to the Garden-eden thing.

Why is it so hard to belive that "SeeD" Being raised in a "Garden" Doesn't mean just that.

You have a Garden (Balamb)
    You plant seeds in said Garden.
    the seeds mature and grow.
    soon the seed's turn into flowers , some of them get too big (Squall, his team, and the other SeeD on assignment somewhere) and must be uprooted to a larger garden (The world)

Is that hard to belive? Is this theory really that far fetched?
    Eden and the Gardens might have even been a coincidence,maybe it wasn't. Who knows what Square was thinking? They never say anything THIS in-depth about they're games. Hell, for all we know both of us could be right. I however, have a diffrent opinion on the Eden/Garden thing.

And in my personal opion, Eden doesn't look like ANY of the gardens.
    To me, it looks like a bizzare fusion between a U.F.O. and a jelly fish. It also looks like theres a headless female shaped object with no arms, but the legs are replaced with a giant needle-like armor with fish fins protruding from the back. Also, the female portion seems to be wearing a cape.

It may sound a bit...Odd, But I guess we just perceive things diffrently.
    Gilgamesh from the first Final Fantasy was a traveller in a cave with mermaids looking for something... You try to open a chest and he fights you for the item... After you beat him, he says it wasn't the thing he was looking for and leaves...

And yeah... The Gilgamesh from FFVIII obviously isn't exactly completely the same as the one in the myth...(You can't expect EVERY single thing to be completely alligned with a myth.) But you said he was a demi-god in FFVIII? Actually I've read that the Gilgamesh in the myth was part God as well... o.O;

And the relationship about Odin and Gilgamesh... The only thing they have in common in FF is thier sword... Excalibur... In the first FF FFVIII and I think FFV Gilgamesh could do Excalipur... A hit that does one one damage.... And in myths Odin is the God that created the Excalibur... Having Odin die and Gilgamesh take the Excalibur form him is(I'm guessing) a joke of some sort from Square... along with his Excalipoor(Changed it form pur to poor in FFVIII) move...

And you can go ahead and not believe that stuff about Eden... It's your choice. But for those that can't even understand was I was trying to say(When what I'm trying to say is pretty obvious and easy to undertand) get the "durr" treatment...

---

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Gilgamesh from the first Final Fantasy was a traveller in a cave with mermaids looking for something... You try to open a chest and he fights you for the item... After you beat him, he says it wasn't the thing he was looking for and leaves...
    Because I was talking about the FF1 Gilgamesh.

[Quote]And yeah... The Gilgamesh from FFVIII obviously isn't exactly completely the same as the one in the myth...(You can't expect EVERY single thing to be completely alligned with a myth.) But you said he was a demi-god in FFVIII? Actually I've read that the Gilgamesh in the myth was part God as well... o.O;[quote]

You read wrong. He wasn't a Demi-god, he was the king of Uruk.

And the relationship about Odin and Gilgamesh... The only thing they have in common in FF is thier sword... Excalibur... In the first FF FFVIII and I think FFV Gilgamesh could do Excalipur... A hit that does one one damage.... And in myths Odin is the God that created the Excalibur... Having Odin die and Gilgamesh take the Excalibur form him is(I'm guessing) a joke of some sort from Square... along with his Excalipoor(Changed it form pur to poor in FFVIII) move...
    can i see a link to that? i find that hard to belive since both Excalibur and Odin are two seperate legends from diffrent end's of the planet.

And you can go ahead and not believe that stuff about Eden... It's your choice.
    Yes, it is our choice.
    I don't know about darth and phil, but I never said that it wasn't believable. I just said it could have only been a coincidence. The Garden of Eden theory was never carved into stone, it's just something the fans thought up and posted on a Fantasysquare.com. It may make sense to an extent,but as I said before, that doesn't mean that it has to be true.

But for those that can't even understand was I was trying to say(When what I'm trying to say is pretty obvious and easy to undertand) get the "durr" treatment...

---
    Well the "Durr" treatment is pointless. Really, who does that anymore? elementry school kids?
    And what your saying may be obvious, but if other people wish to argue it, i fail to see the problem. It hasn't turned into a flame war yet, but your childish little comment isn't going to help prevent it.
    Last edited by -Batman-; 12-16-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Flame gal Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2007 07:35 PM
    Threads

i hardly get a chance to play any of the FF games

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just ignore the moron, or else he will just continue to make a fan boy out of him self.
    Last edited by Darth Tyranus; 12-16-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    I knew this. The hindu Shiva was also a male god. But I read somewhere that there is also an Irish goddess called Shiva, which is the reason behind her fashion sense. And Darth, Irish wasn't a religion but it was a culture, just like Egyption, Greek and Roman. And they believed in Gods. Why is it so hard to believe that the ancient Irish believed in Gods/Goddesses: http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/c...ATHA-DE-DANANN

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Irish is a culture? FOR REAL? Dude you just blew my mind. Nah, just kidding. What the crap was that link about? I didn't see anything called or related to "Shiva" on there. Please don't post useless links. It makes you look like a moron.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That link was for darth to show him that there are irish gods in mythology. I know there was nothing about shiva, because I can't remember where I read/heard about that.

Not everything has to fall into place, you crank. They have one thing in common: they are both gardens therefore they called it Eden. Take Ixion for example. He was "a Thessalian king and father of the centaurs, who was punished by Zeus for his love for Hera by being tied to a perpetually revolving wheel in Hades". That is why they made Ixion a horse in the game (it wasn't a centaur because all they aeons had to be anatomically realistic), but it has nothing to with lightning in the original myth.

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Sword
    Not everything has to fall into place, you crank. They have one thing in common: they are both gardens therefore they called it Eden.
    Do you even bother reading peoples full posts?

And am I the only person who doesn't see a frelling garden when I look at Eden? The only thing Eden has in common with the gardens in FF8 is the fact that they both fly. Bahamut flies as well, I guess that means he's a garden too!
    Maybe you're theory is correct, but as I said before... Have you ever heard the word coincidence before?

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Im guessing no, my friend. Maybe it was intentional, maybe it was not. But it really doesn't make any difference to the slip shod gameplay does it?
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Do you even bother reading peoples full posts?

And am I the only person who doesn't see a frelling garden when I look at Eden? The only thing Eden has in common with the gardens in FF8 is the fact that they both fly. Bahamut flies as well, I guess that means he's a garden too!
    Maybe you're theory is correct, but as I said before... Have you ever heard the word coincidence before?
    Theres the fact that it looks like a garden.

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Because I was talking about the FF1 Gilgamesh.

You read wrong. He wasn't a Demi-god, he was the king of Uruk.

can i see a link to that? i find that hard to belive since both Excalibur and Odin are two seperate legends from diffrent end's of the planet.

Yes, it is our choice.
    I don't know about darth and phil, but I never said that it wasn't believable. I just said it could have only been a coincidence. The Garden of Eden theory was never carved into stone, it's just something the fans thought up and posted on a Fantasysquare.com. It may make sense to an extent,but as I said before, that doesn't mean that it has to be true.

Well the "Durr" treatment is pointless. Really, who does that anymore? elementry school kids?
    And what your saying may be obvious, but if other people wish to argue it, i fail to see the problem. It hasn't turned into a flame war yet, but your childish little comment isn't going to help prevent it.
    Gilgamesh was the son if Ninsun...(mother) She was a Goddess. Last time I checked if one parent is a god that makes you a demi-god.

Odin from the legends and such created the "Excalibur"... Gilgamesh from the FF series used the excalibur, obviously since his move was called excalipur... Put those together and you get some freaked out joke about Odin dying and Gilgamesh taking and using the excalibur.

And I don't know about that Fantasy Square place... I thought up the Eden thing myself after Darth's dare after looking at a couple pictures of Eden and reading up on it...

And I don't think any of you really care about flaming and trolling since it comes out of you guys so often about crap stuff...

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Gilgamesh was the son if Ninsun...(mother) She was a Goddess. Last time I checked if one parent is a god that makes you a demi-god.
    Yes...that is only HALF true.
    In order to be considered a Demi-God you must have a mortal parent and a god parent true, but you must also posess Some form of Godlike power. I might have been reading the wrong Epic of Gilgamesh, but from what i've read, Gilgamesh didn't posess any godlike powers.
    Not once did it even MENTION him useing ANY godlike powers. Than again there's about a thousand diffrent versions of the story. Finder one accurate to the original is near impossible.

Odin from the legends and such created the "Excalibur"... Gilgamesh from the FF series used the excalibur, obviously since his move was called excalipur... Put those together and you get some freaked out joke about Odin dying and Gilgamesh taking and using the excalibur.
    Can you supply me with a link about Odin creating Excalibur. I've searched about 30 web pages and i'm not finding a God damned thing.

And I don't know about that Fantasy Square place... I thought up the Eden thing myself after Darth's dare after looking at a couple pictures of Eden and reading up on it...
    So your saying you thought it up yourself? I just asumed that you got the info from Fantasy square seeing as how it's one of the few Final Fantasy fan sites with the same theory.
    Unless you can find Proof from square, this hole theory can be argued as coincidence. Give the conjecture's a rest.

And I don't think any of you really care about flaming and trolling since it comes out of you guys so often about crap stuff...
    Your right, we really don't. We may be complete assholes but at least we don't lower ourselves too the point of retard joke's.

IFind actual proof of your Eden theory. Otherwise it can simply be argued as coincidence. And the second hand guesswork on fan sites isn't valid either.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sword, you called irish a religion, you didn't say the irish culture or the irish people. You just said irish, and IRISH IS NOT A RELIGION. I'm sure you knew that but were just to much af a dumb *** to put it in to words. Before now you just said irish not celts. Since the religions or the irish are totally different now.

And by the way, irish folks the majority of them now anyway are christian, so NO GOD DAMN SHIVA! So please just shut up, since I'm positive no one cares what you have to say.
    Last edited by Darth Tyranus; 12-18-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

^Too true.

Theres the fact that it looks like a garden.
    And it may look like a garden too you but some of us seen something else.

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

^Too true.

And it may look like a garden too you but some of us seen something else.
    Like what?

And Darth. Just shut the hell up. I never said that irish was a religion. The irish are mostly christian NOW, but I was talking about ancient Irish. AND I read about that Shiva thing somewhere else. It's not like I made it up or anything. Christ.
    Last edited by Sword; 12-19-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Like what?
    this further proves my point that you never read other people's posts. I already said what I thought it was.

Closed Thread

Thread Information