AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Be careful what you say

Senior Member Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2006 03:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I don't know, nor could I possibley come up with an appropriate answer seeing as how the only form of another language I know is only slang, and only the innapropriate kind of spanish. Personally, as long as he wasnt plotting destruction of the school or trashing someone thats in an active leadership role in the school, he should be fine. The problem with this is, as long as the person doing the punishing does not know the language being spoken, he can construe the childs words to mean w/e they want. Ignorance often brings about controversy.
    I AM THE WAY INTO THE CITY OF WOE.
    I AM THE WAY TO A FORESAKEN PEOPLE.
    I AM THE WAY INTO ETERNAL SORROW.

SACRED JUSTICE MOVED MY ARCHITECT.
    I WAS RAISED HERE BY DEVINE OMNIPOTENCE,
    PRIMORDIAL LOVE AND ULTIMATE INTELLECT.

ONLY THOSE ELEMENTS TIME CANNOT WEAR
    WERE MADE BEFORE ME, AND BEYOND TIME I STAND.
    ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

I'm glad that people are actually thinking about what they say instead of just posting randomness.
    I am a strong believer in freedom of speech but I also believe that having this freedom of speech is a responsibility. Some just view it as a right and abuse it. They take for granted that they have this privilidge and don't even view it as one. They don't even think about the fact that there are many even today that do not have this right. People have died to protect your right to say what you want when you want so I believe that it is the responsibility of the people who benefited from that to use it wisely. And it upsets me when I see that right being taken away because of everything that has been done so that it would exist.
    But as strongly as I feel about having freedom of speech, I do feel that at times it would be beneficial speech to be regulated in certain situations. (I know I may sound like I am contradicting myself but I'm not) In cases where people are saying things for the purpose of causing physical harm to others (like hate rally's) it should not be allowed. I feel that using your freedom to take away someone elses is wrong.
    But if a school sets a rule about speaking a certain language and you agree to it, you should live up to your agreement. But the suspension was still retarded.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    Well...but still, this is wut we have in US, maybe you live in another country. But in US, there IS freedom of speech, unless you talk shizzles about other peoples in your language^^;
    You are missng my point by a mile, In my county the united states of america school students are not allowed to say what ever they feel like. They are not allowed to say swears or anything hateful about a another race, so students do NOT have feedom of speech.
    Last edited by Darth Tyranus; 12-12-2005 at 08:55 PM.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    You are missng my point by a mile, In my county the united states of america school students are not allowed to say what ever they feel like. They are not allowed to say swears or anything hateful about a anotehr race, so students do NOT have feedom of speech.
    well you did sign a agreement thats say you will follow their code of conduct didnt you? The code of conduct at my school states that students are not to swear/curse whenever on school grounds. But we dont really listen anyways. And the part about saying anything hateful about other races...you can say all you want as long as you dont take any action.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

well you did sign a agreement thats say you will follow their code of conduct didnt you?
    How does this matter? Yous still don't have freedom of speech even if it's by a code.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

Well...but still, this is wut we have in US, maybe you live in another country. But in US, there IS freedom of speech, unless you talk shizzles about other peoples in your language^^;
    Ok im serious! im tired of pplz telling peoples that im offending you with the post im quoting. I want you guys to know that im NOT talking about anyone in that post. I put the "you" as in general. Im not pointing anyone out.

Plus, i just said that im living in US, i was just telling you guys about the freedom of speech here. I dun apprieciate pplz get other pplz to give me horrible reputations for telling pplz about wut im having in US.

Or maybe i didnt explain well in my last post. But the "freedom of speech" i tried to point out was "languages" as i was seeing pplz saying "speak english speak english".

Now i fully hope you guys understand wut im trying to point out in my post.

hardly would get pissed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited by -akichan-; 12-12-2005 at 09:05 PM.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You have the freedom to express your ideas but in a school setting or job setting saying certain things can be inappropriate. Usually it just takes common sense to know what is or is not appropriate.

He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Mugetsu
    You have the freedom to express your ideas but in a school setting or job setting saying certain things can be inappropriate. Usually it just takes common sense to know what is or is not appropriate.
    Exactly, everyone has freedom of speech and of course that doesnt mean we DO swear! we all should know the good and wrong.

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    Exactly, everyone has freedom of speech and of course that doesnt mean we DO swear! we all should know the good and wrong.
    should anyway... most parenting is done by television nowadays......
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

I See You Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2006 06:26 PM
    Looking for a place to stay since the gates of Oblivion opened on tuesday
    Threads

I wouldn't care as long as it doesn't sound like they're calling me names and participating in class.....if I was a teacher.
    We are each our own devil, and we make this world our Hell
    If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

We can even disagree with president with our mouth as i discussed about this in class today. We have the freedom but not abusing it.

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

I never had a problem with people speaking their own language. I had two friends at school who spoke Phillipino to each other...it never really worried me..their language is part of their culture..so noone has the right to tell them they can't speak it

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

First, it wasnt an official rule - when challenged to find it in writing, the responsible teacher-admin guy couldn't, and was forced to apologise. In the USA, if a rule isn't written down, its perfectly legal to ignore it. That throws all arguments in this thread out anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akichan
    Im quoting this because this is wut i suggested in the seminar as well, yes we have freedom of speech AND fashion. But peoples seems to misunderstanding the dressing freedom. So if a school has uniforms, you would only buy two pairs of that for less than 100 bucks but peoples tends to buy cool lookin clothes to show off and spended more than 200 bucks.
    He wasn't refering to uniforms as a fashion statement, why don't the army have all these spiffy looking clothes then, maybe the enemy would be more forgiving to POWs if they dressed fashionable. Maybe even a convict can avoid deathrow if he/she was wearing Inu Yasha underwear... who knows right.

Wearing a uniform is another form of having and being taught discipline, not to look good or save money.
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 12-13-2005 at 08:14 PM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

what i meant by uniforms is that (in public schools), they are forced onto the students from 1 year to another... they dont ask for the opinion of the students at all... no say in it what-so-ever... ppl only seem to be considered "human" once they reach the legal age -_-;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I had to wear a uniform in Pre K but after I got to elementary school I never had to wear one again. I never had a problem with uniforms and I can understand why they would want you to wear one.

1) It identifies you with the school you go to. This makes it less likely that you will do anything too stupid (rob a liquor store) while your wearing the uniform because it will be a lot easier for you to be identified.

2) Being identified with something (a school, a team, a group) can give someone a sense of pride. Knowing that someone wants you to represent them and that the way you carry yourself reflects on others can be very upbuilding and motivating.

3) Saves money for the parents. Dont have to pay $70 for a pair of brand name jeans so your kids wont get teased. As long as you keep it clean you can't really tell the poorer students from the richer students.

4) It does not take away your individuality or freedom of expression. People say it does all the time but thats a load of crap. If you feel that you can't be an individual because you cant wear what you want then you were never an individual in the first place. Your way too shallow to be an individual. If you have to wear loud or dark colors as the only way to express your personality, then chances are....you don't really have one.

You can disagree if you want to, but please, at least have a good reason. Not just "I think uniforms suck".

He pwns your souls!!!

Junior Member Life & Death is on a distinguished road Life & Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2006 01:11 AM
    Threads

nah weres the fun in that
    These are my pets

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

you made very good points.

altho, number 2 depends on if you actually like your school...

and 4 is quite fickle... for instance... my best friend used to go to a private school... hes very unique and all, but when he was in his school uniform, he looked like a nerd (the very stereotypical 4 eyes pocket protector kind)...

so that can cause problems like it can avoid some... it really depends on the person....

hm... was #1 an actual incident? lol

Kurama's Almighty Filix Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 01:10 PM
    Threads

people should have the right of freedom of speech..

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    If the goverment passed a law that said schools must let children speak any language they want, then they have to let them speak whatever they want. But as of right now students don't have freedom of speech, nor should they. If they did nothing would ever get done because of all the moronic arguements that would break out. They could say freedom of speech and continue saying whatever they wanted. If you think this is racist and wrong imagine how bad it would be if students really had full fredom of speech. The racist student could say what ever they want and the school couldn't do a thing about it.

Other than that it is a violation of your human rights to enforce arbitary interference in your communication?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:26 PM
    Threads

if a teacher did that to me, i know i'd start cussing him out in the language i was talking in
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by samuriagent
    if a teacher did that to me, i know i'd start cussing him out in the language i was talking in
    not too diplomatic... rethink that for awhile...

Senior Member colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp is infamous around these parts colonelsp's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2006 04:58 PM
    Threads

i agree with everyone who says that saying bad stuff is wrong

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akiko_kalla
    No, they normally do not teach other languages. An alternative school is specifically designed for students who do not function in a normal classroom environment. Most of the time is spent addressing basic skills and behaviors. However, they do not teach that other languages are wrong. (How you could do that is beyond me anyway.) It was simply a rule that was broken and not for the first time.
    Dude, can I just say that when I first saw this thread, I was gonna post something like, "So much for freedom of speech," but then I was reading your posts and you are making REALLY good points.

On an issue that's starting up this much contaversy, I'd like to contribute a long and articulate response, but I think you summed up my feelings on the matter.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Member Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2007 08:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by colonelsp
    i agree with everyone who says that saying bad stuff is wrong
    Way to play it safe.

I don't like it but there mutst be a reason for it happening. I refuse to believe that a sensible person would suspend a student just for speaking another language. There must be more to it.

Sig by J.A.G.

Sig by Solara

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Way to play it safe.

I don't like it but there mutst be a reason for it happening. I refuse to believe that a sensible person would suspend a student just for speaking another language. There must be more to it.
    that does make sense, but "sensible" ppl are almost a minority nowadays... so really... all that has been said can only be considered speculations based on each's personal experience...

Closed Thread

Thread Information