AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Heart and Soul *look*

Member Abdoun will become famous soon enough Abdoun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2005 02:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Heart and Soul *look*

This took every bit of heart and soul of mine to make. From the little border to the pictures. It took my two hours to think of the right way to project the beauty of kenshin, it was worth it as you can tell . Whoa, i feel soo happy now, that this beauty is over. Well tell me what you think. Oh, that Kanji writting, meaning honor. Whoa, I FEEL SOO GREAT!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kenshin.jpg‎
Views:	149
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	7889  

.: Always look up, because I am your Everest :.

L33T ryoga-one will become famous soon enough ryoga-one's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2006 08:43 PM
    Threads

you're probly gonna be mad at me for sayin it, but it looks like it was easy to make

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it was easy to make, but the idea was the hardest task. Its hard to make a 1280 X1040 pixel wall paper with kenshin and make it look neat. But, everything is easy to make, its coming up with the idea is the hard part. give me some more constructive criticism people.

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2012 11:06 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

It seems like you didn't work too hard -enough- on it. The boxes should be the same width and probably the same height too. The space between the boxes should be slightly larger, and the border should be reduced from 3px to 1px. Center everything! Both horizontal and vertical. x_x;

That should give you something to work with.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the boxes are the same widith, its just an illusion to the eyes because of the borders and the deeply contrasted colors of black and white. but i disagree, i think i put alot of mind effort into it, wall papers do not have to have fancy designs and such. But i will take your tips in consideration. Thank You.

Member AngelicXx has a little shameless behaviour in the past AngelicXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2005 11:47 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

simplicity is always nice, I guess.
    k, take off the white parts of the pictures in the box, their too much at odds with the giant black BG. Also, touch up the pictures in the kenshin ones, cause their low quality pictures.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicXx
    simplicity is always nice, I guess.
    k, take off the white parts of the pictures in the box, their too much at odds with the giant black BG. Also, touch up the pictures in the kenshin ones, cause their low quality pictures.
    thats true, but i was looking for high quality ones and couldnt find any, only at the alabotross website, but they really didnt have the ones i was looking for. Iam goan try to fix them up right now. Thank you!

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

http://www.animegalleries.net/ do have a huge gallery. O_o; Check it out of you need scans. Or you can take a look at http://www.minitokyo.net/ . Have fun.

As you said about the boxes. I've attached a picture which tells you otherwise. zoom in and see for yourself.

By seeing this, I can for sure say I've worked with graphics far longer than you. The contrast between black and white has nothing to do with it. I'm currently using a 1600x1200px large desktop, which makes it harder for me to see detailes like that, but I noticed.

Don't you dare try to say otherwise, and that I changed the size of the boxes. Other people can see for themselves.

Name:	kenshincorrection.jpg‎
Views:	92
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	7906  
    Last edited by Sophonax; 11-27-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    | Forever in my heart |

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

wow wow..simmer down there, iver never seen some1 go this extreme to prove someone wrong. Whoa......

anywho.. i eddited the spacing my master!!!!

but thanks for the links, (but i personally think that you gotta control your self sometimes and not let things get to you on a high personal level)

but i still think its still not perfectly aligned, i tried.

Name:	kenshin.jpg‎
Views:	99
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	7908  
    Last edited by Abdoun; 11-27-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Morale: [||||||||||||||||] LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This looks great! I think you should put it as an avatar, but i'll be too small.Anyway, it looks pretty good.
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

Member AngelicXx has a little shameless behaviour in the past AngelicXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Sophonax
    By seeing this, I can for sure say I've worked with graphics far longer than you. The contrast between black and white has nothing to do with it. I'm currently using a 1600x1200px large desktop, which makes it harder for me to see detailes like that, but I noticed.
    I really hope that wasnt directed at me.
    Im just going to say that, it would be unwise if it was.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

AngelicXx. You're not the owner of the thread. Why would I say such to you? Hostestly, you silly. <3 x]

Abdoun. Just to tell you. I hate it when things aren't properly placed. x_x; Sorry for my perfectionism.
    | Forever in my heart |

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sophonax

Abdoun. Just to tell you. I hate it when things aren't properly placed. x_x; Sorry for my perfectionism.
    lol its all good, i can be a perfectionist some times.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

ok.. o.o
    Im too defensive >.<
    sowwy.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

My honest opinion? It's really bland. If you had something going on in the black BG; even if it's something real subtle, that'd help it a lot. As for the title. It's unneccesary to put *look* like that. The only reason you'd want to put anything in asterisks is if there is some type of material that may be taken offensively in one form or another. If not, the trust me, the wall WILL get looked at and commented on.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I love the simplicity of it. However, why is only one box colored and the rest monotone? I would put them all the same hue; be it greyscale or sepia or whatever. there are a TON of image galleries out there. Check out the stickie in this forum called "image galleries" for links.

Thank you for changing the diamention of the boxes to be equal. I noticed it as well. Instead of being pissy at Soph for mentioning it, you should have be thankful that Soph took time out of their day to help you with your wallpaper.

Angelic, calm down.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well, i wanted to keep in her color for a symbloic reason. More connecting to her character of peace and love.

Member Cervan is on a distinguished road Cervan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2006 11:26 PM
    Threads

hmm intersting idea it would make a great wallpaper not eye catching perfect my friend for me i love huge beautifull even if catches my eye (it should every time i look at it.)

this is a bunnie coppie and paste him into your signature to help him dance to world domination!

Closed Thread

Thread Information