AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else scared of the mods?

Hybrid View

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is anyone else scared of the mods?

No offense to the mods out there, but when I see a thread that I really like and Bean Bandit or Klutz13 or Msaris are the last people to post, it gives me a jump, you know. And some of the time they didn't close the thread, so I'll be like rushing to see if they did and they were just responding.

I was just wondering if that happened to anyone else. lol probably not.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No one is scared of my mood, unless they really annoy me. But most of the time I'm happy so no one is scared.
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

oh, I'm really scared of them .... they are monsters ... evil people ... they always closes threads ... creepy ...

*hides from them*

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I don't fear the mods. they're just people, behind they're computer screens with an illusion of power.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    I don't fear the mods. they're just people, behind they're computer screens with an illusion of power.
    Good point, but still. I'm not really afraid of them, but when they post on a thread I think, "Oh, damn. Well, no more of that thread," you know. lol

desperate for an argument evuljenius will become famous soon enough evuljenius's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2005 04:57 PM
    Threads

I totally like the mods*wink wink*. They always close threads that deserve to be closed*wink wink*. I always agree with them*wink wink*. I never wish a closed thread hadn't been closed*wink wink*. I always... who the hell am i kidding? The mods are to uptight and to friggin strict and close thread for no damn reason. COME ON! CLOSING A THREE WORD STORY THREAD IN FANFICTION? WTD!?!?!?! The mods need to chill a little and change the definition of spam. And stop calling it spam. SPAM is the awesomeist meat ever. It doen't mean crappy off topic posting.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mods are users just like us, expect they have more responsibility, I think?

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

the mod's are people too, and a majority of them are nice. Of course...some of them aren't, not naming names of course.

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

Yup,Im scared of them.They closed most of the threads I have been posting at,mostly for length or duplication.
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mods, opps my bad. Mods to me, are bad ppl. But I'm not afraid of them either.
    Last edited by LittleMomo; 11-25-2005 at 06:25 PM.
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

☃ Snowmen! ☃ Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko has a reputation beyond repute Washiko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2009 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

... scary... me??? no...

Most of the time, we're the drones... we get the rules from the admins. Our job is to make sure they aren't broken/dismembered/eaten. Mostly, it's just a simple policing job. On the other hand, we do get some amount of leeway. The reason that sometimes we are curt about closing a thread, especially in the bigger forums, is because there are so many threads to read, and the rules are posted in most of the forums. If those aren't good enough, ask a moderator or admin to explain it to you via PM. Many of us have been around a very long time. I'm sorry, but spam happens to be the online word that people use for such a thing. If we changed it, people would just be confused. In the end, however, I really do believe what we are doing is beneficial. To the entire site.

As for being on a power trip... um... you do know we're held responsible if we make mistakes, right?

Great definition of spam here btw: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=31876

And a good list of rules can be found here... so that the posts you make don't get closed... http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=12680

Also keep in mind that you should search for recent threads on the same topic as yours... use the search option if you must.

Thanks Bean Bandit and Manhattan_Project_2000!
    Last edited by Washiko; 11-25-2005 at 06:43 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Mods are a little creepy, but most are okay. I just freak out when they PM me because I think I've done something wrong. o.o

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Little Miss Shinigami ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 04:01 AM
    Threads

I'm not scared of them... they are just people... but I do feel really guilty when one of my threads get closed... I don't know why, I just feel really bad. Not because the thread got closed, but I guess I'm a bit of a goody-two-shoes really, so I feel bad that I did something wrong.

We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
    because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
    unable to step out into the sky
    like that fearless flower

- Kubo Title, Bleach, Volume 12

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    Mods are a little creepy, but most are okay. I just freak out when they PM me because I think I've done something wrong. o.o
    Funny thing, that. I haven't gotten a PM from the mods yet. Either I'm not doin anything wrong or they're just to busy lol

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    Mods are users just like us, expect they have more responsibility, I think?
    Yeah, basically.

I'm not afraid of the MODs. What is there to be afraid about? They're just normal people doing their jobs. If enforcing the rules makes them 'mean' or 'scary', then so be it. Would you rather have a MOD not doing their job and breaking the rules? This forum would be mass chaos.

I can agree that most threads in the Misc section are closed pretty quickly, but that's mainly because people don't read the rules or don't search for a topic first. It sounds simple enough, but I can admit that even I'm hesitant to create new threads in the Misc section, even if I've searched for the topic a few times. Just because there are so many threads closed, I get a little worried. But, it's just a thought.

I respect the MODs for putting up with so much crap. ;P To put it blunty, heh. This is a big forum, I can imagine it isn't much of a cake walk.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna Kadiri
    I respect the MODs for putting up with so much crap. ;P To put it blunty, heh. This is a big forum, I can imagine it isn't much of a cake walk.
    You're a more understanding person than I. lol

desperate for an argument evuljenius will become famous soon enough evuljenius's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2005 04:57 PM
    Threads

more than anything im complaining about the mods.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Not in the least, they hold almost no real power.

Floating on roses Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2007 05:22 PM
    Threads

It depends on the mod. Like Princess AI. I respect her for many reasons. She puts up with alot of stuff in fanfic. But she remains sane. Member Name scares me for some reason, But I dont know why...
    Thank you Yoosei for the sig/avatar set!!

Beware the awesomeness of the icons!!!!MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!

And so is Tomarrow TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2007 07:02 AM
    Threads

Mods don't scare me...but i do kinda not like them...most of them at least. I do as well respect Princess Ai...and MsAeris (the new mod ^_^)...i don't fear them, i just know to be careful around them...that's all

So fill me up to the brim...

The Sin of Envy Bad Envy will become famous soon enough Bad Envy will become famous soon enough Bad Envy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2006 02:29 AM
    Threads

<Raises Hand, really high.> Yep!

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

What I don't like about BEING a mod is this...that we're treated so differently o.O I'm a member too. I'm also human. I have opinions, some of which people will agree with, some of which they won't.

The fact is, I'm like any other member, only trusted to be responsible (i.e. use my head, follow the rules, help remind members of rules, etc.). I'm not "scary," nor do I have an "illusion of power." I am capable of doing some things that members may not, yes, but abuse of that "power" would be treated like anyone else breaking rules. We're no different. Not really. Talk with us sometime ;p

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    What I don't like about BEING a mod is this...that we're treated so differently o.O I'm a member too. I'm also human. I have opinions, some of which people will agree with, some of which they won't.

The fact is, I'm like any other member, only trusted to be responsible (i.e. use my head, follow the rules, help remind members of rules, etc.). I'm not "scary," nor do I have an "illusion of power." I am capable of doing some things that members may not, yes, but abuse of that "power" would be treated like anyone else breaking rules. We're no different. Not really. Talk with us sometime ;p
    No!! Don't let them fool you with their nice talk!!!
    evil!! EEEEVIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL O DEM EEEEEVIL!!!!!!!
    Gigantic 3 headed, 9 eyed alien, spam eating monkey beasties!!!!!!!

especially that myraa... pure black hearted evil that one. ^_~
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Floating on roses Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall has much to be proud of Gadreall's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2007 05:22 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pakachu
    No!! Don't let them fool you with their nice talk!!!
    evil!! EEEEVIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL O DEM EEEEEVIL!!!!!!!
    Gigantic 3 headed, 9 eyed alien, spam eating monkey beasties!!!!!!!

especially that myraa... pure black hearted evil that one. ^_~
    Myraa happens to be a very cool mod. I dont think you should deside if the mods are evil untill you get to know them. As for me, I already posted my views, but I'll post them again: The mods are here because they have to keep the Trouble Makers in line. Other than that, Theyr just regular members.
    Thank you Yoosei for the sig/avatar set!!

Beware the awesomeness of the icons!!!!MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gadreall
    Myraa happens to be a very cool mod. I dont think you should deside if the mods are evil untill you get to know them. As for me, I already posted my views, but I'll post them again: The mods are here because they have to keep the Trouble Makers in line. Other than that, Theyr just regular members.
    le sigh....
    the little winking smilie at the end just wasn't enough to make it obvious that it was sarcasm huh? i guess i haven't been around for quite a while so some people may not remeber that i have a tendancy to joke around quite a bit(or many newer members may not know my sense of humor at all)

just so you know... myrra is actually a very good friend of mine whom i've known for a long time.
    Last edited by Pakachu; 01-26-2006 at 11:42 AM. Reason: cuz i can't spell fo crap
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Closed Thread

Thread Information