This is a discussion I often have with myself (monologing), and I would like to stop listening to my sole opinion...
I would like you people to point towards similar anomalies to those I'm about to expose, so I won't feel like a paranoid loser.
As for now, I have noticed some pretty curious influences, especially in the field of entertainment (movies, to be precise).

Here they go...

Godzilla (1998): Don't you think it's curious how the old, heavy, slowpoke-ish classic creature was turned into a quick, light-moving, brutal beast? Doesn't it seem to be similar to the transformation Mechas suffered after Neon Genesis Evangelion aired? Don't you think Godzilla's back scales/spikes look a lot like the EVAs' shoulder plates? And 'Zilla's face, is it me, or is it really reminiscent of that of EVAs 01 & 04?

Matrix: No comments...

Equilibrium (2002): Has very anime-ish fight scenes, along with very dramatic/filosophic dialogues (which remind me of Rurouni Kenshin ), irresponsable use of katanas, and Gun-Kata (a cool martial art involving firearms).
An Anime series (Trinity Blood, ep. 10), uses scenes from this movie. (For more info, visit the forum concerning this matter at http://equilibrium.spam-BLOCKED TEXT-spam17.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1152 653029).

I remember I knew about more, but I think the computer's radiation has dried my brain out, and can't recall them now...
Hope you guys can help me out busting these weird anomalies...