AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 144

Thread: Who thinks FF is the most overrated franchise...ever.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    419,461.04
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh somewhereeeeee
    Age
    24
    Threads
    72
    Posts
    4,340
    Rep Power
    3077

    Default for those of you who thinkg FF is the most overrated franchise...ever.

    I can't stand the series. my reasoning? well...the it's repetitive. every FF has the same theme and plot just with different characters. it's not challenging...at all. you'd have to be a retarded monkey not to be able to complete it. the battle system is flawed and never changes, and if it does, the changes are so subtle you would never even notice. it's like shooting someone with a pistol 11 times, but then on the 12th shot, the bullet is green. if you're like me...you won't care what color the bullet is after you've been shot 11 times.

    now, onto the repetitive plot. the 3 I hate are...7, 8, and 10. the only redeeming quality 7 has is sephiroth, and thats a stretch. 10 is really just...dumb. "rawr, I am your dad! but guess what! Im really a big laser firing piece of snot!"

    7: "RAWR! the electric company is sucking crap out of da earth! now lets get together a rag tag bunch of underdogs that will come out ontop in the end, SO ORIGINAL LOLOLOL!"

    8: "I R too stoopid to learn how to fight myself so I need an academy to teach me." and from then on I kept playing but didn't pay much attention. but the last thing I remember was waking up in my bathtub with a copy of FF8 shoved in my mouth.

    FF has GOT to be the most overrated franchise I have EVER seen in my LIFE. if they make anymore after 12...Im gonna kill someone.
    Last edited by Masali; 11-28-2005 at 11:47 AM.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me




  2. #2
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2834

    Default

    shall i prepare you a lightsabre?

    Anyway.

    Final Fantasy is crap, the only good one was 3 back on the SNES. I pretty much agree with everything you just said. And seven was interesting up untill sephiroth came about. Than the hole story went to hell from there.

  3. #3
    - My Jessi <3 - gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai has a reputation beyond repute gothic_neko_youkai's Avatar
    Gil
    48,791.20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2008 12:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    where one's worst nightmares begin...and all traces of reality ends
    Age
    29
    Threads
    14
    Posts
    1,310
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    shall i prepare you a lightsabre?

    Anyway.

    Final Fantasy is crap, the only good one was 3 back on the SNES. I pretty much agree with everything you just said. And seven was interesting up untill sephiroth came about. Than the hole story went to hell from there.
    wait....so you're saying that FF7 was bad?







    You See I cannot be Forsaken...






  4. #4
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2834

    Default

    Thats about the size of it.

  5. #5
    desperate for an argument evuljenius will become famous soon enough evuljenius's Avatar
    Gil
    7,685.10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2005 04:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Where you wish you were. Texas, baby!
    Age
    23
    Threads
    19
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you! Someone who sees through the lies of Square to the truth that FF is a peice of crap. Anyone know why the series is called Final Fanatsy? 'Cuz it was gonna be Square's last game, but no they had to make a crappy franchise out of it. Unfortuatley, they will probably make more after FFXII because they can.

  6. #6
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2834

    Default

    Do you know WHY it was going to be there last game? Enix kicked squares *** with Dragon Quest (which is still better than FF)

  7. #7
    Property of SamuraiGirl Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency's Avatar
    Gil
    35,394.13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 09:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Age
    24
    Threads
    61
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yes I think so,Because every ff game has so much dramatics that it is pointless seeing the cut-scenes.The fighting really sucks because there is no freedom to fight,You have wait until its your turn,**** IT annoys me so.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    419,461.04
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh somewhereeeeee
    Age
    24
    Threads
    72
    Posts
    4,340
    Rep Power
    3077

    Default

    OMFG! SMART PEOPLE!? ON ANIMEGALLERIES!? who'd have thought.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me




  9. #9
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    OMFG! SMART PEOPLE!? ON ANIMEGALLERIES!? who'd have thought.
    now now...not everyone on anime galleries are stupid. i can point out at least 10 that are aren't.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    419,461.04
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh somewhereeeeee
    Age
    24
    Threads
    72
    Posts
    4,340
    Rep Power
    3077

    Default

    this is true.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me




  11. #11
    Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    43,948.80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Threads
    24
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    the only redeeming quality 7 has is sephiroth
    He's a strike against the game in my book two in fact.

    It's funny you should mention the battle system, it has been totally revamped for 12 and by revamped I mean they just raped kotor and stole it's battle system. Just another reason to hate final fantasy. Though i hear the old ones 3-4 are pretty good I might pick them up since they are coming to a hand held near me. But over all the franchise is so overrated they might as well just re name it grand theft auto since THAT is the most overrated game ever. And GTA three plays like a boot, it did when it came out and it does now.

  12. #12
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4477

    Default

    Ah, it's always fun to hate on things because they become popular. I know it, I do the same thing from time to time, just to have fun.

    Overrated, yes. Most overrated? No. Let's look at Halo. Halo itself managed to top all of Final Fantasy in unearned hype. It was a mediocre game, with the nice twist of being able to play with 16 players. Yet it became the XBox's number two selling point.

    I will agree, Final Fantasy has gone downhill immensely. Final Fantasy VI was the best of all of them, for so many reasons. But look what happened after. Final Fantasy VII came out for the PSX, and suddenly a very different audience discovered it. It was still a pretty good game, but they were playing with new technology that they weren't quite ready for. They got the technical aspects down for Final Fantasy VIII, but they lost the most important thing: A real story. From FF8 on, it became all about emo kids who don't want to get better. You got Squall, the epitome of it all. Probably the WORST main character ever created for a game that tries to be centered on story. Final Fantasy IX was better, but the characters still annoyed the piss out of me at times.

    Now, to put to rest the implications created by the statement that Final Fantasy "was gonna be Square's last game."
    Final Fantasy was indeed inspired by Enix's Dragon Quest. Hironobi Sakaguchi named his project "Final Fantasy" because he himself was planning to retire when he completed his big game. Square was on the verge of bankruptcy at this time, because their games had been for the Famicom Disk System, which ended up flopping. So Sakaguchi's last project was also to be Square's final game as well. Due to the overwhelming success of Final Fantasy, Square continued it, creating new worlds and characters with each installment. Quite a brilliant idea, if you ask me. No ties to the previous games to hold you back? The sky is the limit. Sakaguchi directed the games up to Final Fantasy V, where he then passed the games on to his successors.
    This worked very well for quite some time. But, like all good things, eventually it gets old. There's only so long you can drag out any TV series before it gets repetitive and boring. The decline with the Final Fantasy series started with Final Fantasy VII, which unfortunately was when the majority of the American interest came in.

    So while I will agree that Final Fantasy is overrated, the problem mostly lies in that most of the general American audience didn't get as much exposure to the series until it was too late.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  13. #13
    Member Mahou_Senshi_Mariko will become famous soon enough Mahou_Senshi_Mariko's Avatar
    Gil
    2,455.90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 03:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    24
    Threads
    6
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Actually, it is. That's what most people talk about these days. My favorite series and only favorite of the FF series was FF IV. I actually agree about how the stories are repeative. Square Enix is still good with Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest.

  14. #14
    Stubborn Half Demon Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha has much to be proud of Hanyou Inuyasha's Avatar
    Gil
    18,565.90
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2007 11:44 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In my own little world...
    Age
    24
    Threads
    1
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Final Fantasy is awsome

    (Sig made by TokyoGirl, thanks for the sig! ^_^)



    GF: TokyoGirl

  15. #15
    Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    419,461.04
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh somewhereeeeee
    Age
    24
    Threads
    72
    Posts
    4,340
    Rep Power
    3077

    Default

    ^ that contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation whatsoever.

    But as for halo being overrated...well...yeah, it is. the thing is, because it's overrated doesn't mean it's not fun. I've had a blast with halo, hours of pwning my friends and being pwned by them. is it the best? certainly not. the thing of final fantasy is the audience it appealed to, when FF7 came out it was the ballad of all emo gamers, only to be topped by Kingdom Hearts (don't get me started on how bad THAT game was).
    now if you're like me in anyway, shape, or form, then you can't stand when emo people go on and on and on and ON about dumb stuff. They try to relate their lives to FF so they feel they belong somewhere and there's something grand in store for them. and then when they realise they're never going to achieve this greatness they will fall into a state of depression. I've whatched it happen.
    FF IS DESTROYING LIVES!!1 ZOMG!
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me




  16. #16
    Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    43,948.80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Threads
    24
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Let's look at Halo. Halo itself managed to top all of Final Fantasy in unearned hype. It was a mediocre game, with the nice twist of being able to play with 16 players. Yet it became the XBox's number two selling point.
    i don't know about that, for the most part I would say halo gets what it should, the games are fun and easy to pick up. Not something all fps are, and even better is the fact that the story is engrossing and you want to see what happends. While it does next to nothing new it does everything old right. I feel the same way about jak and daxter you know before they raped the franchise by just shamelessly ripping off GTA and rachet and clank. It did very little new but it perfected what naughty dog started with crash bandicoot.

  17. #17
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    i don't know about that, for the most part I would say halo gets what it should, the games are fun and easy to pick up. Not something all fps are, and even better is the fact that the story is engrossing and you want to see what happends. While it does next to nothing new it does everything old right.
    Not even Halo can top what Goldeneye did for FPS's. In many ways, Goldeneye was actually a better game. Sure, realistically, you can only carry one weapon at a time, and reloading takes forever. But we play games because reality isn't enough fun for us. Incidentally, Perfect Dark improved on Goldeneye, but it was too late, and the 64 was already becoming obsolete.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    But as for halo being overrated...well...yeah, it is. the thing is, because it's overrated doesn't mean it's not fun. I've had a blast with halo, hours of pwning my friends and being pwned by them.
    This is the point I'd like everyone to get out of this all. While I never agree with saying things like "Final Fantasy is the best game EVAR ALWAYS FOREVER!!!!!1111" this does not change how much fun I had going through the stories when it was in its prime. People enjoy their Halo, and I enjoy my RPG's. Would I buy a PSX, just for Final Fantasy VII? No. Would I buy a PS2, just for Final Fantasy X? No way. Would I buy an XBox just for Halo? Never. There are people who did all three of these. At least the PSX and PS2 have other games worth playing.

    Ultimately, there are always going to be people who take one thing to the absolute extreme. Some people have their series of games, and others have their anti-emo sentiments. Neither one is showing much character. But you're not going to stop any of them. You can't force your opinion on someone.. Just let the Final Fantasy craze die out the way the Dreamcast craze did. Gracefully, and quietly. And on its own.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  18. #18
    Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    43,948.80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Threads
    24
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Not even Halo can top what Goldeneye did for FPS's. In many ways, Goldeneye was actually a better game. Sure, realistically, you can only carry one weapon at a time, and reloading takes forever. But we play games because reality isn't enough fun for us. Incidentally, Perfect Dark improved on Goldeneye, but it was too late, and the 64 was already becoming obsolete.
    How is that in any way shape or form related to what I said? No one said anything about goldeneye so why bring it up?
    Just let the Final Fantasy craze die out the way the Dreamcast craze did. Gracefully, and quietly. And on its own.
    What dreamcast craze? The system was never as popular as it should have been, let alone enough so to have it's own craze. And the final fantasy craze has been going for 16 years, meaning much like star wars and star trek it will never die out.
    This is the point I'd like everyone to get out of this all. While I never agree with saying things like "Final Fantasy is the best game EVAR ALWAYS FOREVER!!!!!1111" this does not change how much fun I had going through the stories when it was in its prime. People enjoy their Halo, and I enjoy my RPG's. Would I buy a PSX, just for Final Fantasy VII? No. Would I buy a PS2, just for Final Fantasy X? No way. Would I buy an XBox just for Halo? Never. There are people who did all three of these. At least the PSX and PS2 have other games worth playing.
    You seem to have missed the point, it isn't that the games are awful or aren't somehwat fun they are just over rated hence the name of this thread.

  19. #19
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    How is that in any way shape or form related to what I said? No one said anything about goldeneye so why bring it up?
    I brought up Goldeneye as comparison for Halo to put the hype into perspective. It was related, get over yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    What dreamcast craze? The system was never as popular as it should have been, let alone enough so to have it's own craze. And the final fantasy craze has been going for 16 years, meaning much like star wars and star trek it will never die out.
    The Dreamcast was too little, too late. The system was awful in comparison to the systems that came out at the same time. It beat the N64, and the PSX, but the PS2 was everything that the Dreamcast tried to be. But despite the terrible controllers, the tiny game library, and gimped hardware, there still was a ridiculous following for it. If you missed it, that's unfortunate, because it makes it harder to illustrate my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    You seem to have missed the point, it isn't that the games are awful or aren't somehwat fun they are just over rated hence the name of this thread.
    You missed the point of that whole paragraph. I was talking about my own thoughts on people who take an opinion to the extreme, not about how people were wrong for not sharing my opinion on this series. Discussing in further detail why I agree with the sentiment of the series being overrated. Don't try to create an argument where there is none.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  20. #20
    natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    72,171.18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    [Deleted for security reasons]
    Age
    27
    Threads
    35
    Posts
    3,007
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    How is that in any way shape or form related to what I said? No one said anything about goldeneye so why bring it up?
    Simple, you claim that Halo did something for shooters that no other shooter did before, while Goldeneye did that many, many years before Halo.

    What dreamcast craze? The system was never as popular as it should have been, let alone enough so to have it's own craze. And the final fantasy craze has been going for 16 years, meaning much like star wars and star trek it will never die out.
    Dreamcast craze came after the system was dead, if I recall.

    You seem to have missed the point, it isn't that the games are awful or aren't somehwat fun they are just over rated hence the name of this thread.
    That message was aimed at this quote, reading it might help to uderstand it:

    "But as for halo being overrated...well...yeah, it is. the thing is, because it's overrated doesn't mean it's not fun. I've had a blast with halo, hours of pwning my friends and being pwned by them."
    RPG bios (click for more info):

  21. #21
    Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    43,948.80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Threads
    24
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Dreamcast craze came after the system was dead, if I recall.
    That was the craze? Hadly comparible to how popular final fantasy has been, since what that "craze" lasted what a few months tops?
    Simple, you claim that Halo did something for shooters that no other shooter did before, while Goldeneye did that many, many years before Halo
    See the thing is I didn't say that, no one did. That's why I had no idea how goldeneye came up.
    The Dreamcast was too little, too late. The system was awful in comparison to the systems that came out at the same time. It beat the N64, and the PSX, but the PS2 was everything that the Dreamcast tried to be. But despite the terrible controllers, the tiny game library, and gimped hardware, there still was a ridiculous following for it. If you missed it, that's unfortunate, because it makes it harder to illustrate my point.
    I guess you could put in me in that ridiculous following because i enjoyed the system for many years after its death. You comments on the system are highly debatable as well but i wont bother getting in to that. I still wouldn't say that the flinting popularity of the cast is comparable to how consistently popular final fantasy has been.
    I brought up Goldeneye as comparison for Halo to put the hype into perspective. It was related, get over yourself.
    I don't see how the hype around goldeneye puts halos popularity into perspective. No one even said halo was a revolution in the fps genre pretty much everyone here said it was fun but not the greatest game ever. Anyone who says other wise is most likely to young to have played what came before it so of course they are going to say that.
    You missed the point of that whole paragraph
    My apologies, it would seem you were reponding to a post I missed.

  22. #22
    Dark Angel Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Gil
    32,786.80
    Gender
    My Mood
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 05:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in the U.S.
    Age
    25
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    14
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Pvt Jolt

    Default

    final fantacy.... crap! the only good ones were FF7 and FFX2. its very overrated. i dont see how many people like it. honestly, to make it better it needs to make the automatic scenes shorter

    PS. dont bad rep me for speaking my mind ok.
    signature by Saphire.
    Family is in my journal, PM if you wanna join.
     
    Please join my site. Go to my profile to view webpage.

  23. #23
    Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    74,094.25
    Gender
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    26
    Threads
    58
    Posts
    1,523
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

    Default

    You're only saying FF is overrated because you dont like it. FF7 IS the greatest game of all time and the stories are all quite complex in their own unique way (except 10). Jesus man, who cares about the battle system. It's only like 10% of the game! It's mainly built on exploration, lots of thing to do and most of all, the story. So stop complaining about it because the world loves it.


  24. #24
    Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    419,461.04
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh somewhereeeeee
    Age
    24
    Threads
    72
    Posts
    4,340
    Rep Power
    3077

    Default

    If I wanted a game that focused on story, I would read a book. If you play a game for the story then you have some serious problems. I play games for fun. and I don't hate it because the whole world loves it, I hate it because it sucks. It's just not a fun game. it's boring and repetitive. and by thinking that any FF game's story is complex than I doubt you finished the 3rd grade. either that or you're just a brain dead fanboy. I venture to say that the latter of the 2 is the correct assumption.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me




  25. #25
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2834

    Default

    Yes Sword, because the world shares your opinion.

    I freaking despise the series, and i used to love it a few years back. Seven was the first game i had for the PSX. i thopught it was the greatest game ever, but than i purchased a few new games and final fantasy became...nevermind.

    Next i purchased Final Fantasy tactics.

    Not bad at all i must say.

    Next was final fantasy 8.Oh look ma! PRETTY GRAPHICS@@!!@@<LMNAOI!
    They story sucked and the freaking love story between Squall and Rinoa was so forced it was sick.

    9, i skiped that.

    10 was the worst of all. It was all about the pretty graphics and presentation. As masali said "rawr, I am your dad! but guess what! Im really a big laser firing piece of snot!" woooww...

    10 2...ohhh...ohhh i wasted 20 dollars on this? i could have just downloaded charlies angels and gotten the same effect.

    And notice that each an every one of these stories is COMPLETLY ORIGINAL! oh wait, they aren't. Notice how every game results in some uber villian bent on world destruction.

    The problem is that final fantasy are the only RPG's most people play. Of COURSE they would find it to be the best game ever made because thats all they know. And the reaosn it's over-rated, in case you didn't read what everyone else posted, is because it recieves SO MUCH undeserved hype and praise.
    Final fantasy is more or less a gateway RPG that people play when they have no idea what an RPG is. The problem is that most poeple stay with it because it overshadows most other RPG series, even the other native square RPG's.

    Look at all the other RPG series that go un-noticed because of all the final fantasy and kingdom eharts hype.

    Xenosaga/gears
    Star Ocean
    Suikoden
    Shadow Hearts

    and dozens upon dozens of other series that are clearly superior to final fantasy are ignored. Don't say they aren't over shadowed either. Sure, when a new game RPG is realsed, you here some hype over it, but after it's relased for a few weeks, they are pretty muched pushed aside and forgotton. But EVERYONE keeps bringing up final fantasy like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

    And as for that "So stop complaining about it because the world loves it."

    A. We are stating our opinion.
    B. The world is just blind.

    It's understood that the game with have it's fans, but far to many people take it to an exteme that really should never be. As Member Name pointed out, some people even go as far as to buy a system, simply for 1 game (in this case final fantasy)

    And Final Fantasy 7 isn't the greatest game of all time. According to several sources (EGM being the most well known) the greatest game of all time is Super Metroid for the SNES. But thats not important right now.

    If people choose not to like Final Fantasy, they have a right to complain. And right now your being a hypocrit. Aren't you complaining right now because we dislike Final Fantasy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Most Overrated Anime
    By Chibi Goku in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
  2. Who thinks friends are useless? 2.0
    By Darklord in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
  3. who thinks pink and black are awsome?
    By wavemaster2 in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 10:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts