AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Subs or Dubs?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Subtitles

1 25.00%
  • Dub

2 50.00%
  • Both

1 25.00%
Closed Thread

Thread: So...are you for Subs? or Dubs? Maybe both?

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default So...are you for Subs? or Dubs? Maybe both?

a common question, yet when i used to search button, i didn't find ANY topics relating to it. Now before we begin the let us define sub and dub for those lost folks out there. Skip ahead to the next block of yellow text if you already know what subs and dubs are(and for the love of god, you all should,but theres going to be at LEAST 1 person who has no idea)

Subtitles or Sub(s) for short-Something(in this case anime) which has text at the bottom of the screen in a language other than the current language of the media(anime) being spoken.

Dubs- Removing the current language of the media(anime) and replacing it with a diffrent language

Examples

Your watching naruto, they are speaking Japanese, however YOU only know 2 words of it (most likly baka and kawaii) therefor you must read the text at the bottom of the screen to know what the hell is going on.
    This is Sub

now for dub
    You are watching a Japanese anime like naruto, but naruto is speaking english! and in a very annoying voice!

moving on now.

Now..

here's my standpoint.

I like subtitles, because a lot american voice actors are REALLY bad(the love hina dub almost made me cry on the inside) However i do like some dubs. I find some anime can be dubbed very well if the right editors get there hands on it and they get some good voice actors(some good dubs in my opinion? GITS:Stand alone complex, Full Metal Alchemist, cowboy bebop)

Subtitles on the other hand, i can watch for most anime, but some of them i can't. I LOVE Ghost in the shell, it's my favorite anime. However...the plot is VERY detailed and hard to follow if you don't pay attention, and if you miss out on a line of text in a sub, your going to be confused. So complex anime like GITS, Akira, appleseed and such, i prefear dubs. all three have good dubs (well...the original akira dub was good...the new one S-U-C-K-S)
    and the voice actors fit perfectly with the assigned characters (i can't think of any other american voice actor i would want as the Major)

so i guess i show a balance between the two, what about the rest of the forum? theres certain to be straight sub fans and straight dub fans.

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

aww crap i ment to pic sub GRRRRRRRRRR!!! i hate dubs there no proper, subs are more authentic especially if there in kanji ^^, oh well

Senior Member Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu Shiryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2005 10:28 AM
    Threads

a common question, yet when i used to search button, i didn't find ANY topics relating to it.
    Are you sure you even did a search?
    Searching for the word "subs": http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...highlight=subs

Anyways, I don't really care, I'd watch both.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Closed Thread

Thread Information