AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Evolution Critics Score Win in Kansas

Senior Member forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2014 11:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Evolution Critics Score Win in Kansas

The article - http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...&cps=0&lang=en

While I personally think Creationism belongs in church and not school, the last paragraph of the article is the one that really gets me.

"In addition, the board rewrote the definition of science, so that it is no longer limited to the search for natural explanations of phenomena."

Wow, maybe the school board should get a job with Websters, or the Oxford English dictionary. They seem to be wasting their talents, with just being members of a school board and all.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I believe God did create the world.

But I believe in such a thing as freedom of religion, however, religious nuts seem to disregard such a minor thing as that when it comes to education. They also seem to disregard science in the science classes. Yet another thing they disregard is the other religions. How do the atheists feel about this? Hell, the creationists, other than me, don't care. The majority of the science community agrees on evolution, so why not teach evolution in schools? The damnable Christians say they're being forced from their religion. But what they're doing is forcing their religion on growing youths. Talk about immoral.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2014 11:16 AM
    Threads

My religious views don't really matter, but I agree with you. Science should be tought in science class. Not religion. You include one theory and you have to include them all. The Egyptians believed the god Atum masturbated to create godly companions, actually I believe more than one god did something like that. o_O

Anyhow, I can't see the majority of conservatives wanting that taught to their children. It's always a great idea to have religion taught in school, as long as it's yours.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

The logic in the decision was that students should be allowed to see both sides of the argument and make up their own mind in what to believe in. I think it's unfair they don't apply this to all classes, i mean surely not every one thinks the holocaust happened. Why not present the evidence of both cases and have the kids decide what they want to believe in? Oh yeah i remember why because the holocaust is a FACT. Much like evolution, there is no dispute among scientists if evolution took place or not. They think it did, and really all scientific evidence shows it did. There's that word again science.

Many seem to be overlooking the fact that just because you vote to turn a religious belief in to a scientific theory DOESN'T make it one. We could all vote on the gender of say a cat. I could think it's female and you could think it's a table, but that doesn't change the gender of the cat. The idea god created the world isn't a science it's religion and nothing you can say will change that.

I also hear the it's just a theory nonsense, you know what? The earth rotating around the sun that’s a theory too. These idiots don't even know what the world theory means in a scientific context, it doesn't mean guess. It means you have found evidence to back up an idea. Oddly enough the earth rotating around the sun defies religious belief as well, i guess their thinking one step at a time.

Unholy Holy Knight Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia is infamous around these parts Zeke Arcadia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2006 05:48 PM
    Threads

Default ...

This whole disbute is stupid. I think all people should have a choice what to believe. It's idiotic.
    "I shall not allow you to harm anyone ever again! Even if it means giving my life!" - Zeke Eyko Arcadia

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

Is it even worth it to post my entire arguement on the topic, as I have on many simliar topics in the past? hmmmmm...... no.

I'll make the short version. Fundamentalist Redneck Conservitive Republican Christians need to stop this nonsense. They have essentially said that science is now officially the persuit of what MIGHT be the truth through stories. Between this and the other crap they have been pulling recently, they might as well change the constitution to say, "Every (Christian) person has the right to freedom of speech, press, religion, etc." It's rediculous, and they know it. Or they don't know it, which would be even worse.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Sanjuro, not an Aeon Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

Evolution is a scientific theory, which should be taught in scince class. If you want to learn creationism, go to a catholic school. Or just read a bible for christ's sake.

Ich brauche Zeit, kein Heroin, kein Alkohol, kein Nikotin, brauch keine Hilf, kein Koffein, doch Dynamit und Turpentin. Ich brauche Geld fur Gasolin, explosiv wie Kerosin, mit viel Oktan, und frei von Blei.
    Eine Kraftstoff wie Benzin

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

I doubt we will be seeing any stickers in the bio books that read "Creationism isn't validated by any science what so ever we just made it up."

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    I doubt we will be seeing any stickers in the bio books that read "Creationism isn't validated by any science what so ever we just made it up."
    Although it would be fairly funny....

Yet again i agree with Katrina_Survivor(its been kind of frequent recently). The whole reason that this is such an issue is because the "Fundamentalist Redneck Conservitive Republican Christians", as they are so correctly called, refuse to keep religion out of science classes. Science disproves religion and therefore they do not accept it. If people want their children learning creationism, they should send their children to a Christian school where they can read the Bible over and over. The reason that science classes exist is to teach science, and science has shown that evolution is how we have come to be. On the other hand, those of us who believe in evolution should not push our beliefs on others (ex: the "one nation under god" guy in California)...

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Train of thought En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2006 09:33 AM
    Threads

So much drama in the LBC. Your fundamentalists over there makes me take the standard "european shaking his head over this" aproach. Not teaching creationism in school should be so obviously logic that I find it hard to understand this whole argument. Science never proved God didn't exist, and probably never will. What science does prove though, is that some of the stories the bible provides as an explanation for everything, actually aren't true. Religion in church, science in school. It's that easy.

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

I guess it's time for some to realize what fairy tales are: allegories.

As much as Little Redhood is a story to teach little girls not to trust men with wicked desires, the Bible teaches guidelines of morals, written by humans to whom God whispered the divine truth in their ears as much as he/she/it does for me when I write my English essay. Don't we say that the Bible is the novel of all novels?

Hence the stories written therein were conceived in order to transmit religious and moral beliefs to humans, in an accessible way. It is to be seen with as much consideration as the Coran, or the Thorah, or my Divine Book of Absolute Truths and Lore. If you want to believe in it, fine, if not, fine also.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information