AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: is Boondocks anime, or freggin sweet?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • anime

1 5.00%
  • just freggin great

19 95.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boondocks....anime or just great?

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Boondocks....anime or just great?

the new show on Adult swims sunday line-up is an anime-looking show, just alot cooler.....it deals with real problems like racism and white boy rappers getting shot out of windows, not giant mecha and girls in short skirts.

so what do you all think? anime or just great?
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

I dont understand the question

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

is this show an anime show, or just one of few(emphasis on few) great american animated shows
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Property of SamuraiGirl Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency is just really nice Frequency's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2007 09:15 PM
    Threads

It is awsome

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"In thirty years that boy will be president of the United States.....but he'll still be [stupid]."

man i was on the virge of wetting myself at the end of that show

Edited for content
    Last edited by Regex; 11-09-2005 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Language
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Demon God of Discord Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2006 09:53 PM
    So far in my mind all the doors say "EXIT"
    Threads

"Jesus was black. Ronald Reagan is the devil, and the government is lying about 9/11."

Yeah, its good.

desperate for an argument evuljenius will become famous soon enough evuljenius's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2005 04:57 PM
    Threads

loved it. I will watch it twice a week.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

READ THIS because yet again, i shall bring knowledge to the pitiful minds of the masses:
    1. It is not an anime. it is based on a newspaper comic that has been printing daily since 2000.
    2. reasons it is not an anime
    a. just because it good, that does not make it an anime
    b. just because it looks like an anime doesn't mean it is an anime
    c. it wasn't made in Japan

Do any of you have a grasp on the concept of what makes anime anime?

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTwilight
    READ THIS because yet again, i shall bring knowledge to the pitiful minds of the masses:
    1. It is not an anime. it is based on a newspaper comic that has been printing daily since 2000.
    2. reasons it is not an anime
    a. just because it good, that does not make it an anime
    b. just because it looks like an anime doesn't mean it is an anime
    c. it wasn't made in Japan

Do any of you have a grasp on the concept of what makes anime anime?
    Out of your three reasons listed, only one of them is actually a reason. And a flawed reason at that.
    a and b, those were the question.
    C, believe it or not, anime doesn't have to be created in Japan. The term "anime" comes from the Japanese word ( アニメ ) for cartoons or animation. (Ignoring for now that the word was taken from our own English word) In English, we use the term to refer to the style of cartoons originially developed in Japan. This style being characterized by the art and animation style, as well as the themes contained therein. This does not mean the cartoon itself has to have originated in Japan at all.

Me, I have not seen this show, so I could not say either way. If it has any classic anime-styled themes to it, then I would say that it could be classified as anime.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

Well Aaron, the style is sort of like anime, but that's probably simply because, like most anime, and most high quality animation in general, it's most likely drawn in Korea. Thematically, no, it's not an anime at all. It's explicit social commentary on American culture and history, with a cast entirely made up of American actors and voice actors. I wouldn't consider it an anime in the least.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

.....but your all saying it's good, right?
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Senior Member LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly has a brilliant future LaLaLoverly's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2012 03:19 PM
    Threads

It's awesome.i love the comic but the show is great!!

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by samuriagent
    .....but your all saying it's good, right?
    Oh, yeah, certainly. I enjoyed it.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hmm, i might just have to read the comic.
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Born to Die... Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2006 12:41 PM
    in a pile of clothes to the left of the chair in the living room
    Threads

um...i don't understand the poll...
    catch the silver bullet and paint it into the sky
    Gott Wei3 ich will kein Engel sein

*FAMILY*
    ILEGALY IN LOVE W/ COUSIN: Dyne
    RANDOM FRIEND: Nerveya
    SNAZY LIL SIS: Fatality
    HORNY PET TIGER: HEAVENSPHEONIX
    ADORABLE LIL SIS: Petit Angel
    FRIEND: sanokidsasuke
    LONG LOST BRO: †NeؤKnÍghtwØlf†
    CRAZY BIG BRO: Dark Sephiroth

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i knew i should of done it so you can vote twice

do you think its anime(which has been proved wrong) or do you think it just kicks major donkey?
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Senior Member sanokidsasuke will become famous soon enough sanokidsasuke will become famous soon enough sanokidsasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2006 01:32 PM
    In the basement of my house, i've been trying to get it for years
    Threads

Heck yeah the show is awesome and I love how they can just break out fighting from nowhere All karate style and stuff too...but anyways I don't think it's really an anime it's more American and deals with American issues mostly too but the style is somewhat more anime than American so you probably could get away with calling it that.

friend(s)- Venus, Lady_Nayru, Raidon, Sweet Lucidity,Saphire, Yuna_X2, Xieshunnuan, hameht

I play Ragnarok Online

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

I don't care what kind of show it is. I thinks it's great. The first episode I saw was anyway.
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i think it has a welcome place on AS's saturday line up
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

I'm sorry MsAeris Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I really enjoyed the second episode,I think that episode makes some really good points concerning on what people consider and don't consider to be perverted.This topic also made me wonder what you people consider to be an anime,cause everything you people say,seems to lack logic.

Social expectations diminish an individual's ability to think as an individual.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by samuriagent
    hmm, i might just have to read the comic.
    It is not the kind of comic you just go out and buy. it is a newspaper comic. it runs in newspapers. There is a collection of all the strips made between 2000 and 2004 called "A Right to be Hostile", which can be found easily if looked for. it costs about $15-$20 depending on where you buy it from.

And restating for those who didn't read the earlier posts: just because a cartoon looks like an anime and is good, that does not make it an anime. I mean, Megas XLR, Teen Titans, Totally Spies, and Code Lyoko all look anime-ish, but they are not....

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Honey bunches <33 _Sesshomaru_ will become famous soon enough _Sesshomaru_ will become famous soon enough _Sesshomaru_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2006 10:04 PM
    Threads

i think its pretty funny

* ladies and gentlemen i have announcement to make, jesus was black, ronald regan was the devil , and the governments liyin about 9/11* on the booondocks commercial

[Sig made by aYaMe5967~^_^~]

Victim #37 ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~ is infamous around these parts ~lost~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2005 01:27 AM
    Threads

I really don't see it as an anime. It is really funneh though. Oh and the beginning is like Samurai Champloo almost all WOOSH like you know? I love the kids in it. Oh yeah one more thing CHEESE -.-'

Celestial Guardian Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 01:13 AM
    In the place beetween light and dark called Twilight
    Threads

Default U gotta Love it -_-; hhhhhhmmmm........maybe I want to question at what I just said

U can control white ppl with fancy cheese?! Now that is funny and so was the Bank owners's Grandson. It is a great show non the less and could brighten up ur day with some funny jokes also. The government was lying about 9/11..........I always thought that our government was corrupted lol^_^

Member of the Bishie Hunters Clan
    (Owner of Demon Eyes Kyo and Kyoshiro Mibu)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~lost~
    Oh yeah one more thing CHEESE -.-'

peper jack?

and is it just me or is that kid in the first episode surposed to be a parody of president bush? reasons are

1) the "W" on his shirt

2) when bush was a teen, he was always drunk and partying

3) reference to him being president

oh, and he was voiced by that guy off of Chepels show
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information