AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Is the book of genesis correct about...?

propery of SamuraiGirl13 Raimego will become famous soon enough Raimego will become famous soon enough Raimego's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2006 04:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Is the book of genesis correct about...?

Is the book of genesis correct about the end of the world in 2012.

What is your opinion about this?
    Be cool!

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

Well, I have a long rant about this, but I'll keep it short.

I don't believe a word of christianity. I think that they are preaching fire and brimstone to scare people into turning christian. They say that if you die un-christian then you go to hell and then they back up this apocolipse theory with BS fake science to make it seem like they're right. All a scare tactic.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Senior Member Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2009 05:42 PM
    Threads

I dont not agree with any religous text they are all fairy tales passed down from shamans and peddlers selling the story to people. How would the people back then know what humans these day would evolve into the smart and powerful races we are now i dont agree at all.
    with this statement i might get a few bad looks and words like * like omg i dont cant beleive what he just said * well i vioce my mind so get over it.

--\/-- घ फोना ईाूहील् --/\-- I Have Returned--\/--

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

well, im a devout christian, but they never mention the world ending in 2012. They never even mention the end of the world in genesis. Genisis is the creation of the world and gods power. I think your talking about revelations. Revelation is the book of the bible about the plagues that will be cursed in the world when everybody is left behind when jesus comes back to judge the living and the dead. However they even don't state that jesus won't be coming back. We don't know

However i think your talking about the myans. The myans religion focused on time and space. Everyone know that they were only 30 seconds off there calculations. The myans stated that the world will end december,20, 2012. What we don't know is how it will end. Quite franky i don't beleive it beause they don't know how it will end. They can't take a guess if the sun will blow up or anything.

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    However i think your talking about the myans. The myans religion focused on time and space. Everyone know that they were only 30 seconds off there calculations. The myans stated that the world will end december,20, 2012. What we don't know is how it will end. Quite franky i don't beleive it beause they don't know how it will end. They can't take a guess if the sun will blow up or anything.
    No, we are talking about the christians. Maybe he said it came from the wrong place, but lots of fanatical christians yammer on and on about the end of the world and that everyone should convert.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well, yah i know were talking about the christians, but there is know edzact date for the world to end. Remigo said 2012. Myans belief of world ending-2012 what do you know

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by katrina_survivor
    Well, I have a long rant about this, but I'll keep it short.

I don't believe a word of christianity. I think that they are preaching fire and brimstone to scare people into turning christian. They say that if you die un-christian then you go to hell and then they back up this apocolipse theory with BS fake science to make it seem like they're right. All a scare tactic.
    I agree more than 100%....

Well, the mayans have also been said to have predicted the end of the world at the end of the world, and they also predicted the world wars, the haulocause, and the 9/11 attacks, but then again, we assumed what their words meant in order to relate these events to their predictions.
    I do not believe the world will end in 2012, but i don't know the future.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aether_Storm
    I dont not agree with any religous text they are all fairy tales passed down from shamans and peddlers selling the story to people. How would the people back then know what humans these day would evolve into the smart and powerful races we are now i dont agree at all.
    with this statement i might get a few bad looks and words like * like omg i dont cant beleive what he just said * well i vioce my mind so get over it.
    Like omg. I can't believe he said that... with crap for grammar. I speak my mind. Get over it.

Anyway, back on topic, I believe the world will come to an end. But I'm not to worried because no one knows for sure when the end will come. Whether it be the end as described in the Bible or a meteor hitting eart, I don't care. I, most likely, won't be alive. I'll be murdered or dead of natural causes by then.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness is a jewel in the rough Silver_Star_of_Darkness's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2007 08:00 PM
    Whangdoodleland (if you don't know where it is READ THE BOOK!!!)
    Threads

Some people I know think that the world is going to end on June 6, 2006 (6/6/06).
    According to the many ancient calendars the world is going to end December 23, 2012.
    Time going one way...
    Life going another...
    Forgotten in the middle...
    Waiting to be remembered...

Senior Member Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2013 03:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am a devinant christian but I do not believe that the world will end 7 years from now.
    Signature by Seung-li

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsueki the Vampiress
    I am a devinant christian but I do not believe that the world will end 7 years from now.
    It gives me hope to see that not all christians preach fire and brimstone.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To end the world - to really destroy the earth would require tremendous amounts of energy: 5.3 * 10^41 Joules. For a reference it would take the sun 180,000,000 quintillion years to emit that kind of energy.
    Last edited by Eris; 11-05-2005 at 08:15 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

dang what college are you going to?

Phantom Thief Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2007 06:43 PM
    Threads

well...i hope it is....i dont wana live no more
    You Got Punk'd!(left to right)

FullMetalForums

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsueki the Vampiress
    Of for pete sake, deviant isn't even a word. And the world will end of course, but not because some god brings down the hammer. When the sun goes out (and it will) it will destroy the first four planets.

Sanjuro, not an Aeon Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aether_Storm
    why, you're acting like people actually care what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    Of for pete sake, deviant isn't even a word. And the world will end of course, but not because some god brings down the hammer. When the sun goes out (and it will) it will destroy the first four planets.
    deviant is a word, but not the right one. I think she means devout.

And I agree, at the point at which the sun becomes a red giant, it's size will increase enough to cover the first four planets and most likely destroy the rest through other means. But that's not going to happen before anyone that reads this is long dead.

Ich brauche Zeit, kein Heroin, kein Alkohol, kein Nikotin, brauch keine Hilf, kein Koffein, doch Dynamit und Turpentin. Ich brauche Geld fur Gasolin, explosiv wie Kerosin, mit viel Oktan, und frei von Blei.
    Eine Kraftstoff wie Benzin

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    Threads

im thinking i should stop posting on threads about God because i get a little too excited but i believe in God and say the world will end when he feels Earth has gone too far. like ppl do terrible things, and one day it'll become too much maybe. i dunno.

one last thing: plz everyone remember to be respectful of other's beliefs and stuff. make sure not to offend with the things you post about christianity and whatnot. thanx^^

"Idle hands are the devil's playground..."

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

deviant is a word
    **** you're right. I'm sick an tired so even i make mistakes.

Senior Member SilverOcean has a spectacular aura about SilverOcean has a spectacular aura about SilverOcean's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

It is very unlikely the world will end in 2012. There have been many 'predictions' that the world will end at different years (ex: 1987, 1999). Every 12 years or so they say the world well end.

And I believe you mean Revelation not Genesis. Genesis is the creation of the world. Revelation is the end of the old world and beginning of a new world.

I do not believe the world will end in 7 years because there are too many prophecies that have not happened yet (ex: Rebuilding of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem).
    Last edited by SilverOcean; 11-05-2005 at 10:53 PM.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *insertjapanesenamehere*
    im thinking i should stop posting on threads about God because i get a little too excited but i believe in God and say the world will end when he feels Earth has gone too far. like ppl do terrible things, and one day it'll become too much maybe. i dunno.

one last thing: plz everyone remember to be respectful of other's beliefs and stuff. make sure not to offend with the things you post about christianity and whatnot. thanx^^
    Yeah, like 9/11 or the Crusades or whatever other mass slaughter you want to pick. What's God waiting for? Maybe Jesus is too lazy to do the whole Second Coming thing. He'd better hurry, or we'll destroy ourselves.

Whoops. I didn't even mean to diss God. This religious stuff is too hard.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Sanjuro, not an Aeon Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

How about the Holocaust? I'm pretty sure that was bad, unless god is a skinhead.

Orwhat about the general disregard for just about every rule in the bible by most people these days? Hell, I can think of 3 or 4 deadly sins I committed today, and I'm not even gonna get into last week.

Ich brauche Zeit, kein Heroin, kein Alkohol, kein Nikotin, brauch keine Hilf, kein Koffein, doch Dynamit und Turpentin. Ich brauche Geld fur Gasolin, explosiv wie Kerosin, mit viel Oktan, und frei von Blei.
    Eine Kraftstoff wie Benzin

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I break the pride one on a ten minute basis.

Closed Thread

Thread Information