AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

Hybrid View

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Gay Marriage

I've searched, and I've found some similar threads, but I think this one is original enough not to be closed.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Tell what you think and why you think it. And please, if you're going to say, "Ewwwww....... gays are gross!!!" please refrain from posting. If you don't support it, that's fine but please have a good reason for your opinion.

I'll post mine later, once I hear some other shout-outs.

P.S.- Oh, that reminds me, did anyone see the new episode of South Park. Is it me or does that show juts keep getting better? lol
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Senior Member Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711 is infamous around these parts Naruto711's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2006 11:30 AM
    Threads

I think gay marriage is fine. Im not gay but if you want to be gay thats your choice. Gay marriage is fine in my book.

And so is Tomarrow TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2007 07:02 AM
    Threads

i personally don't have anything against gay marriage...i don't fully agree with it, i mean it's not so natural, but i have nothing against it...it doesn't bother me unless they start having sex...that's when it gets a little weird...but i'm not gonna stop it.

So fill me up to the brim...

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Demon
    i personally don't have anything against gay marriage...i don't fully agree with it, i mean it's not so natural, but i have nothing against it...it doesn't bother me unless they start having sex...that's when it gets a little weird...but i'm not gonna stop it.
    I'm obviously alot more liberal than the people posting lol jk.

Anyway, I support gay marriage. Everyone deserves equal rights. Gays are people, and being gay is a part of who they are. To even attempt to take that away from them is wrong in my book.

Oh, and Flame Demon...... Cudos on letting people have equal right even though you don't fully agree with them, but just for my own knowledge, why do you think it is so unatural? I mean, gay people are born with genes that determine whether they are gay or not. Not criticising, just asking.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Senior Member Shawaazu is infamous around these parts Shawaazu is infamous around these parts Shawaazu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2006 09:56 PM
    Threads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by katrina_survivor
    Anyway, I support gay marriage. Everyone deserves equal rights. Gays are people, and being gay is a part of who they are. To even attempt to take that away from them is wrong in my book.

I agree. Love is love. Sex on the other hand . . . . . . . . well, I don't really much care 'bout that. But then again, you probably would't get married for sex. That's just general homosexual stuff.

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

it doesn't bother me unless they start having sex...that's when it gets a little weird...
    I know we can't go too deep in the subject of, sex, since this site has alot of young members, but how come is it "weird"? I mean, it's the exact same organs, doing the exact same things (physiologically). Some of the greatest works of literature (Marquis de Sade), for instance, wrote only about homosexual, and, generally, sexual relations, but still it is great. I'd like to know, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    Please dun mind me talking about God, but gay marriages isnt something that God wanted us to do or have.

and theres no point of bad repping to say the truth^^;
    Im straight, and i kinda have problem with peoples that are in relationships with the same sex. Because we are made to be in love wth opposite sex, i also feel realli realli uncomfortable when i see two guys or two girls making out at school, if you think you are gay or lesbian and you cant help it, think in a way...how would pplz think of you.^^;

Thats wut i think, guy can disagree with me but dun pick on anything cos this is a discussion, no need to pick on fight like last time i discussed about something kinda like this.
    Those discussions about gay marriage always end up in the same old rant, but whatever. As katrina_survivor stated, there has been, in history, bloody and long fights to end up in a seperation between state and church. Because it's not a god that rules your country, but merely other humans. However, seeing the importance of religious lobbies, I daresay the separation is not fully achieved.

The risk when bringing in religion is that other people can also put in theirs, and how can a belief stand up against another without interfering and trying to crush it? I mean, if someone brings the divine words of God #xyz (Christian, Muslim, Raelian, whatever) and I claim to possess the absolute truth of the divinity Bianca, how can we seriously debate? We will just enclose ourselves in our faith and illusions without even having advanced a little in our (mis)conceptions.

For, as much as some people can disagree, opinions and beliefs CAN be discussed, argued. However, there's a way to do it in some limits of convenience and politeness. That just requires some open-mindness.

On-topic now, just to make it clear, this thread is not "What do you think about bi/homosexuality?" but "What do you think about gay marriage?". It is not the same thing. You can be homophobic and still be okay with gay marriage, for you could also believe in one individual's right to get married. Of course, there are some moral values influencing that choice.

As for myself, I'm entirely for gay marriages, and, as said by Klutz, it is now legal in Canada. Now, I know there's the couple allocation problematic, sometimes brought in the debate, which does not exist in Canada, since money is given for each children born/adopted. However, I do believe that, in the US, for instance, it is not the only thing motivating gay couples. I don't personally believe in life-long marriage or agree with the underlying concept, but as some heterosexual believe in commitment and love-forever and marriage's symbolism, why shouldn't homosexuals too?
    Last edited by sjøpølse; 11-05-2005 at 04:45 PM.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Demon God of Discord Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2006 09:53 PM
    So far in my mind all the doors say "EXIT"
    Threads

I dont mind it. i encourage it.
    After the human race dies out the
    earth can prosper again.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Totally FD. Nothing wrong at all with gay marriage. I think it should be legal. I mean, who are we to stop them?

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Phantom Thief Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke has a reputation beyond repute Diasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2007 06:43 PM
    Threads

Default yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by katrina_survivor
    I've searched, and I've found some similar threads, but I think this one is original enough not to be closed.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Tell what you think and why you think it. And please, if you're going to say, "Ewwwww....... gays are gross!!!" please refrain from posting. If you don't support it, that's fine but please have a good reason for your opinion.

I'll post mine later, once I hear some other shout-outs.

P.S.- Oh, that reminds me, did anyone see the new episode of South Park. Is it me or does that show juts keep getting better? lol
    2 things
    1.gey marriage will cuase our population to decrease if you ask me but im not sure if thats good or bad
    2.YEAH!i cuaght that episode!frikin funny if you ask me!
    You Got Punk'd!(left to right)

FullMetalForums

+ AH MUNNA EAT CHOO! + YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi° has a reputation beyond repute YaiiShi°'s Avatar
    Gil
    Nerdy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2015 03:36 PM
    Threads

It doesn't matter with me. I you want to be gay, and wanna get married, fine with me. ^^ It's your life, your choise.

Ah, we don't have South Park anymore in Holland. I love that show...T.T
    GO KENNY! ^O^

Send me random PM's; I like random PM's

And so is Tomarrow TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

gay marriage will greatly decrease the population of earth...if there is enough of it happening, but that's not at all a bad thing. the earth will be overpopulated if nothing can stop it, so i encourage gay marriage for that reason too.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

if you want to be gay thats your choice
    Being gay isn't a choice, to them it is as natural as breathing.
    gay marriage will greatly decrease the population of earth
    Yeah that just isn't true. As it stands now the gay/straight ratio is 1/10, so what you're saying is impossible. The only thing that will thin the human race out is monogamy.

All in all I'm for gay marriage.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, even if it did decreace the population, are we so concerned with keeping our race at a staggeringly high number that we are willing to trample all over the rights of other human beings? Think about that.

P.S.- Capernicus, I'm not going to get into an arguement with you cause you're cool, but I do think that it is a genetic trait, just like some people are predisposed to take risks because of their genes. Not that the envioronment of a person doesn't contribute, but genes determine an infinate number of things that we know so little about.
    Last edited by katrina_survivor; 11-05-2005 at 01:22 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Gaydom/gayness is not in the genes. It's in their peronality, in their soul, and in their heart. And ust so you know, I am gay too. ^_^

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Hiei The Forgotten One has a little shameless behaviour in the past Hiei The Forgotten One's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2006 03:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    Gaydom/gayness is not in the genes. It's in their peronality, in their soul, and in their heart. And ust so you know, I am gay too. ^_^
    You said it, because there nothing wrong about being gay show some pride, i'm only saying this because i'm gay too.

Your love is all i needed,to bring a smile in my face,but when your gone all i do is think about you,so i won't die slowly in the inside.

Demon God of Discord Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2006 09:53 PM
    So far in my mind all the doors say "EXIT"
    Threads

Either gay marrige will be allowed and the pop will drop now.
    or the earth will over populate and human pop will drop by over half,
    and most likely take every animal pop w/ it.

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

I don't understand how you guys think gay marriage will depopulate the earth. These people are already gay. It's not like if they can't get married, they're going to go straight suddenly.

I'm all for gay marriage and it was recently legalized in Canada. Go Canada.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz13
    I don't understand how you guys think gay marriage will depopulate the earth. These people are already gay. It's not like if they can't get married, they're going to go straight suddenly.

I'm all for gay marriage and it was recently legalized in Canada. Go Canada.
    Thank you, I forgot to mention that. Well, the people who think that gays will depopulate the earth aren't really refering to gay marriage, but homosexuality in general. They think that the way to stop it is to turn gays staight.

I'm going to stop myself now before I get on an hour long rant.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Gaydom/gayness is not in the genes
    Actually many are starting to think it is in fact in your genes.

And the idea gay marriage will decrease the population is absurd, the marriage itself wouldn't do a damn thing. It's not like if they didn't get married they would like the other sex more and then breed.
    :edit:looks like i spoke to late

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey katrina, my thouhts about naturality are different than yours i guess. i don't think ppl are born with a determining homosexual gene...i think society and environment kind of influences it, also the amount of care from certain parents as a child...i don't kow, i'm weird. again, i have nothing against gay people, i just don't think it's a natural genetic thing...but it doesn't bother me.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey katrina, my thouhts about naturality are different than yours i guess. i don't think ppl are born with a determining homosexual gene...i think society and environment kind of influences it, also the amount of care from certain parents as a child...i don't kow, i'm weird. again, i have nothing against gay people, i just don't think it's a natural genetic thing...but it doesn't bother me.
    OK, I just wanted to get some perspective from the other side of the issue. Whenever I ask someone why they think what you think, they say, "It's not natural cause gays are gross," then I say, "Why do you think that is a good enough reason," and they say, "Cause it is," and so on and so forth.

Beautiful Dreamer I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 03:17 PM
    Threads

I have nothing against gay marriage.. I do find being gay slightly unnatural in a sexual sense, I won't go into detail.. although one of my best friends is bisexual and he always goes into details of his sexual relationships and it quite frankly, creeps me out.

Being gay/ bi-sexual doesn't offend me.. I just don't find it totally natural, and as for the population decreasing, I don't agree, seeing as many gay couples adopt children, it doesn't really make a difference. I don't have any real prejudices seeing as many of my close friends are gay or bi-sexual..

So when the birds fly South, I'll Reach up and hold their Tails

Pull up and out of here
    And bridle the autumn gales

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

stupid kids and their homophobia...i used to be like that, and i decided to be a little more open minded...gay people are people, nothing more and nothing less...they're like us, so anyone who's against gay people for a stupid reason GROW UP! get with the program, it's something that we are living with and have been living with since the beginning of time alright...it's not like you know nothing about this topic anyway...it's not nice to discriminate!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

stupid kids and their homophobia...i used to be like that, and i decided to be a little more open minded...gay people are people, nothing more and nothing less...they're like us, so anyone who's against gay people for a stupid reason GROW UP! get with the program, it's something that we are living with and have been living with since the beginning of time alright...it's not like you know nothing about this topic anyway...it's not nice to discriminate!
    You think you have it bad? I lived in one of the most liberal cities in the south. Now I'm in Texas. lol This is the most conservitive place I've ever been, and I'm in Austin, the most liberal city in Texas. Can't state my opinion without getting a shell in the forhead. lol oh, well. That's America.

Suicide Hotline..Plz hold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken is a splendid one to behold Crazy Chicken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 07:31 PM
    Threads

i think Gay Marriage is the same thing as getting Married, well it's not our choice it's theirs and if you got a problem just ignore it then.....and i'm not gay

Closed Thread

Thread Information