AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Anniversary of a loved one's death

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up The Anniversary of a loved one's death

I have a question for any who have lost someone in there immediate family. As the Anniversary of my mother death is coming up (Nov. 7) I come to realize it will be the 20th (she died when I was 2). I normally treated the day as any other day but seeing as it is the twenty anniversary I believe I should do something special Yet, I do not know what to do.

Now, Iím not looking for pity. This happen years ago so Iím very much over the passing of my mother (I was too small to really know her anyways) but I was just wondering if anyone hads any rituals that they perform on the anniversary of their loved oneís death?
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I just remember and my dad on his death's anniversary. I usually pray, which is odd because I'm not too big on praying.

face∑less Ėadjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2014 11:16 AM
    Threads

I know how you feel, I lost my father when I was fairly young.

On the anniversary of his death, and whenever I feel the need I sit down and talk to him. I tell him about my life, and how much I miss him. I make sure to tell my children stories about him, how he loved his family, how he was a practical joker, and how his mother risked her own life to bring him into this world. Something a litle more formal I do is light a candle and set out a meal, letting him know he is still more than welcome to visit us. This is mostly done during holidays however.

It is my personal belief that those you love are always with you, if you want them to be. Just let them know they are still welcome in your life.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by forgotten Duo

On the anniversary of his death, and whenever I feel the need I sit down and talk to him. I tell him about my life, and how much I miss him. I make sure to tell my children stories about him, how he loved his family, how he was a practical joker, and how his mother risked her own life to bring him into this world. Something a litle more formal I do is light a candle and set out a meal, letting him know he is still more than welcome to visit us. This is mostly done during holidays however.

It is my personal belief that those you love are always with you, if you want them to be. Just let them know they are still welcome in your life.
    That is really sweet thank you for telling me that.
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by forgotten Duo

On the anniversary of his death, and whenever I feel the need I sit down and talk to him. I tell him about my life, and how much I miss him. I make sure to tell my children stories about him, how he loved his family, how he was a practical joker, and how his mother risked her own life to bring him into this world. Something a litle more formal I do is light a candle and set out a meal, letting him know he is still more than welcome to visit us.
    I love it!!! It's so good that instead of crying for him, you chose to remember what a great person he was. Everyone leaves memories in their loved ones before they die, and the best way to honor them in death is to let the whole world know of your fond memories of them.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

well, i lost a dear friend on halloween, so i pray and give a candelight vidule were she was murdered on halloween.

Closed Thread

Thread Information