AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime Names

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Names

Some names for anime make sense.

The names Gundam, Outlaw Star, Inuyasha, Naruto, Yugi-oh all make reference to a main character or main focus of the anime.

But why is the anime Bleach called Bleach? Why is there an anime called Bubblegum Crisis? Why is it called Samurai Champloo? (The samurai part I get) Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle. Why?

There are so many whose names have never made sense to me. Am I the only one who doesn't get it? I know in some cases it has to do with the translation. Do you have any idea why these animes have names that (to me anyway) don't seem to have anything to do with the anime's story?
    What animes do you know whose names make you go "huh"?

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

well,bubble gum crisis was named that because "bubblegum explodes if you put in too much air,kinda like how things explode if you add to much pressure"
    something along those lines anyway
    as for tsubasa....i cant remember what it means in english,but it does make sense...cant explain bleach...maybe cause their not real blondes?

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

*~beautiful Killer~* animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 06:57 PM
    Threads

i know this is streange the show bobo-bobob-bobob

what in the world were they thinking that name and the show are both stupid...sometimes i worry about the creators of that show
    My Luvies

-|J.A.G|-|Gan|-|Prime|-|Damon R|-|Rina|-|Trinity|-
    -|CFA|-|wolfy|-|tehanimefreak101|-| I{/heart}you|-
    my best bff in the world wolfwood
    Do you really like me as you say you do
    Awesome set by CFA
    Primes official Stalkers <333

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I know 'Champloo' means something like a variety of things all mixed together. Sort of like the show, how they mixed in two different character styles like Mugen and Jin, and added the hip-hop sort of feel to it. It all blended together.

Most show titles have something to do with the story, even if the message is semi-hidden.

Oh, Lupin the 3rd. His name was pronounced "Lu-pon", but they spelled it "Lu-pin". O_o Couldn't they have changed that or something? It got on my nerves ..

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A lot of them do have hidden meanings, thats true. But sometimes I find myself scratching my head trying to figure it out. Its a good way for your show to stand out though when it has a "unique" name.

Demon God of Discord Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2006 09:53 PM
    So far in my mind all the doors say "EXIT"
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by animeglobe
    i know this is streange the show bobo-bobob-bobob

what in the world were they thinking that name and the show are both stupid...sometimes i worry about the creators of that show
    Bobobo-bobo-bobo? oh, thats his name.(odd, is it not?)

Senior Member DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI is infamous around these parts DredAI's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2005 05:47 AM
    Threads

Does anyone know what azumanga daioh means? The title is a little weird but the anime is hilarious.

The Goddess of Dragons Storm Dragon Girl is on a distinguished road Storm Dragon Girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2006 07:41 AM
    I am living I my "Fantasy" away for the pains of "Reality"
    Threads

Thumbs down I know why it's called Tsubasa Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Mugetsu

The names Gundam, Outlaw Star, Inuyasha, Naruto, Yugi-oh all make reference to a main character or main focus of the anime.

But why is the anime Bleach called Bleach? Why is there an anime called Bubblegum Crisis? Why is it called Samurai Champloo? (The samurai part I get) Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle. Why?

There are so many whose names have never made sense to me. Am I the only one who doesn't get it? I know in some cases it has to do with the translation. Do you have any idea why these animes have names that (to me anyway) don't seem to have anything to do with the anime's story?
    I can explain why they named it Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle. Tsubasa is japanese for wings . In the series the guy named...umm...Forgot his name (I am not a fan of Tsubasa or Card Captor so sue me but I have seen them both. I don't like Sakura she's just to much like a damsel in distress most of the time) is collecting Sakura's feathers to give her back her heart or whatever so the whole plot is to get Sakura her wings back but I haven't figured out what Resevoir means yet and the Chronicles I don't need to explain because it's in the dictionary.
    I am sorry if i sound like a know-it-all, but I assure you that's the last thing I am.

*{The Goddess of Dragons}*~
    The Dragon is one with the earth and theearth is one with the Dragon.

MY FAMILY!
    Crazy Chuunin Ninja Sister - Kissed_by_Kakashi

RPGchat - the place for RPers

WARNING: SDG is crazy, weird and incredibly strange. Fear Her! Joke, Joke, Joke. LOL.

Senior Member Shawaazu is infamous around these parts Shawaazu is infamous around these parts Shawaazu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2006 09:56 PM
    Threads

Cool

I know Gensoumaden Saiyuki means "Paradise Raiders," and so far that doesn't really make sense to me.

Beyblade, Detective Conan, Magic Knight Rayearth, Noir, Madlax, Kyuuketsuki Miyu, Zenki, Earthian, Gokudo, Spiral~Suiri no Kizuna, etc. all make sense.

Oh, does anyone know why these anime are named the way they are? : Full Metal Panic ( I understand the FUMOFFU and TSR part), Kiddy Grade, and Maburaho (what does it mean?). That's all of the ones I can think of for now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heres one: Trigun
    Strange enough, I love the name. I might have missed something though. Was that name/word ever used in the anime?

Member Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2007 08:34 AM
    Threads

What does the name Elfen Lied have to do with the anime?

Sig by J.A.G.

Sig by Solara

Japanimation Artist Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola has much to be proud of Viola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2007 09:13 AM
    Threads

Trigun...in a logical way could mean:

Well, Tri mean's three so Tri gun...three guns. Tri also stands for a trangle...so a triangle relationship having to go with guns. There's Vash ans his twin that quarrel at the end...let's see is there anyone that get's between those two? like a thrid wheel?
    Or maybe they mean't at the end of Trigun vash and his brother fight with thier guns...but Vash uses wolfwoods' gun after his is taken away...hence three guns, Trigun...hmmm. o.0"

Kiddy Grade I think has to do with children that are in certain levels of the G.O.T.T.
    (Like ES members...etc...)

Some name that make sense:
    Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Shaman King, .Hack, Blue Gender, One peice
    Thanks for Teh Siggy and Avi Ookami
    MY WEBSITE! BEHOLD:
    My Art Gallery!:

Are You My Fan?

Senior Member Dark Amaya14 is just really nice Dark Amaya14 is just really nice Dark Amaya14 is just really nice Dark Amaya14 is just really nice Dark Amaya14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2006 07:59 AM
    Threads

This what it says in the back of my Samurai Champloo manga:

Champloo (or champuru) is an Okinawa word for mix, hybird, or fusion. Therefore, the name of the book is also the name of its style. It may be set in the late 1600s, but purposeful anachronisms and nods to contemporary pop culture abound

Japanese history is divided into eras, and Samurai Champloo is set during the Edo era, some years after a civil war (Sengoku-Jidai, or "warring states era") has turned the country upside down. Yet this is not the Edo era of the history book-this is an Edo era where hip-hop fashion, Japanese movie stars, and German-American slang are prevalent.

But this Champloo isn't just made up of different eras of Japanese culture-it incorporates America, Chinese, and European references as well.

The three main characters can also be said to represent three different concepts of time: the past, the present, and the future.

Samurai Champloo asks the reader to let go of preconceived notions of time and place, and exist with Fuu, Jin and Mugen in an eternal now-the past, the present and the future all commingle, different cultures and different eras share the same stage, and our heoroes' adventures are often told out of order, in a mash-up that becomes harmonious.

-Christine Boylan

Senior Member Myst Taylor will become famous soon enough Myst Taylor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2006 05:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Dragon Girl
    I can explain why they named it Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle. Tsubasa is japanese for wings . In the series the guy named...umm...Forgot his name (I am not a fan of Tsubasa or Card Captor so sue me but I have seen them both. I don't like Sakura she's just to much like a damsel in distress most of the time) is collecting Sakura's feathers to give her back her heart or whatever so the whole plot is to get Sakura her wings back but I haven't figured out what Resevoir means yet and the Chronicles I don't need to explain because it's in the dictionary.
    I am sorry if i sound like a know-it-all, but I assure you that's the last thing I am.

Yes, Tsubasa means wings (if you read the translation for the song 1000 no Kotoba [1000 Words]). The guy is Syaoran and he helps Sakura recollect the lost feathers be find her past. That's where the idea of wings comes from. Chronicles came from the idea, I think, of having many important events in the story.
    It's okay to sound smart. There has to be someone that's smart! (Otherwise, the majority of use wouldn't know what things mean >_<)

Myst Taylor

The Longest Word in the Oxford Dictionary is:
    pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcaniconiosis

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Trigun - Obviously why: Vash has the angel wing (supa powerful), a gun on bullets, and his fake arm is a gun. And it's with these three guns that he ravages the lands.

Anime titles that make no sense to me(or they seem very stupid) :
    Full metal panic; Bubble gum crisys; Neon Genesis(except Evangelion); xxxHolic; Boogiepop phantom; and more... many, many, many more!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu

Bleach is called "Bleach" because of Kurosaki Ichigo. Bleach is a chemical which is used to remove stains/darkness and create light. Considering this, Ichigo's purpose in the manga, both in his morals and as a shinigami, is to remove evil(hollows, arrancar, Aizen, etc.)

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle:
    Tsubasa mean wings. A reservoir is similar to a large container in this case. A chronicle is a story. The manga is a story about finding Sakura's memories, which were stored in the feathers of her "wings", so the wings are similar to a reservoir.

Dark Amaya14 has already covered Samurai Champloo.

Bobobo bo-bo bobo is named after it's main character. I believe the name originated from some actor or singer or someone like that.

Neon Genesis Evangelion:
    Neon = new, genesis =....well, lets just say age/era, Evangelion= Do I have to say this?
    So yeah, New Age Evangelion.

Full Metal Panic:
    Consider we all understand the Fumoffu and TSR add-ons, I'll get to the point. There is a whole lot of mechs, guns, and other military machinery. Thus, "Full Metal". Panic...consider all of the chaos in the show. There is your answer.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Closed Thread

Thread Information