AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Firefly and Serenity

Mexi Fry nami is a jewel in the rough nami is a jewel in the rough nami is a jewel in the rough nami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2006 06:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Firefly and Serenity

Has anyone seen this series or the movie? I went and saw the movie, Serenity, on Saturday with my fiance, and I absolutely loved it! I had seen the first episode of the series, Firefly, before that, but after I saw the movie, I borrowed the series from my landlord and watched the whole thing. It's such an amazingly done Sci Fi series!

The premise is sort of a western in outer space. Cowboys with space ships. The main characters are a group of mercenary smugglers who fought in a failed rebellion against the universal government, The Alliance. They run around the galaxy stealing and pawning, smuggling, and selling much-needed medicine (stolen from a major hospital) to planets that the Alliance doesn't care enough to supply them for. The entire time dodging The Alliance, enemy outlaws, bounty hunters, and Reavers (men who have gone insane and travel the galaxy raping, killing, and eating the flesh of their victims). The movie addresses the origin of the Reavers and the "insanity" of one of the main characters, who is an escapee from an Alliance institute where she was being trained as a weapon.

If you haven't seen this, you should definitely look into it. If you have, what did you think? And did you cry? Because I was crying like a baby by the end of the movie.
    "Ere sin could blight or sorrow fade

Death came with friendly care.
    The opening bud to Heaven conveyed
    And bade it blossom there."
    --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

desperate for an argument evuljenius will become famous soon enough evuljenius's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2005 04:57 PM
    Threads

Loved them. Both of them. Naw I wasn't crying when Serenity was over. I was feeling the emotion though. I haven't seen every ep and want to get the boxed set. 'Course I prolly want to wait a few months when i can get the series and the movie in one box.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Despite enjoying buffy and angel i have yet to see this show. It looked like a rip off of farscape, which was a rip off of star treck. So who knows.

Closed Thread

Thread Information