AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate This Anime!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

1 9.09%

4 36.36%

5 45.45%

0 0%

1 9.09%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Samurai Champloo

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Samurai Champloo

Samurai Champloo

Episodes: 26
    By Manglobe INC, Fuji TV (2004)
    Genre: Action(Martial arts)/Adventure/Comedy
    U.S Distribution: Geneon Entertainment

Plot Synopsis:

In Edo Japan, the era of samurai, battles rage between local warlords and wandering samurai (a dime a dozen in ancient Japan, apparently). Mugen and Jin, two of those wandering samurai, are brought together when they lose a bet to a young girl, Fuu, who helped to save their life, and now must travel across the countryside with her in search of a man who she can only describe as "a samurai who smells like sunflowers." This all, of course, assumes that they don't kill each other first.

Artwork and animation: 9/10

The art style in this is well-done, with scenic backgrounds, very colorful images, and extremely original character designs. Although it may take a while to get used to some of the character designs, they fit the characters well and are very distinct when they need to be. The action sequences are also extremely well-done, with great pacing and awesome moves (to use the technical term).

Music and voice acting: 8/10

The music had a great Hip-hop/jazzy sound to it. It really went well with the epsodes ond the moods of the chacacters. The opening theme is a track that takes some getting used to, but once you've found the beat, it's actually pretty catchy. The end track is a smoother track than the opening, and sounds very nice. As far as voice acting goes, the English version isn't half bad. Daniel Andrews(Mugen), Kirk Thorton(Jin), and Kari Wahlgren(Fuu) all did a nice job in bringing out the characters.

Characters: 9/10

All of the characters of Samurai Champloo were made really well. Each of the three main characters Mugen, a fierce warrior who has a primal attitude to fighting and life. He calls his unique style of fighting Champloo Kendo, and it's inspired by breakdancing. Jin, a more traditional swordsman who relies on his incredible skill to fend himself against any threat to him, ordinary or not. Fuu, a supposedly ditzy waitress who, in excahnge for helping them out of a jam, has asked the two samurai to accompany her on a journey. They all were great in their own way. All of them had there own past and own personality that effected the story. It had a great blend of good and bad guys, similar to Cowboy Bebop.

Story: 8.5/10

The story is one of the weaker points, but still was built up at a nice pace. Each episode (bar a few) did it's part to build up each character's history and personality. Three people with totally different personalities meet up and go on a journy, getting into all kinds of trouble. Sounds good, right? The beginning of the series was good and the ending was okay, not my favorite, though. I thought that the episodes could have went on longer. It seem to be too short of a series.

Overall: 8.5/10

Overall, this was a good anime series. Short but good. If you like Cowboy Bebop, you will like Samurai Champloo. It has a great mixture of Action, adventure and comedy with catchy music. It's a lot more mature then other anime series. My personal favorite part of Samurai Champloo is the fighting and the martial arts styles. Every fight scene had it's own music to go with it and they flowed together really well.
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story: (8/10) It was different and had a unique style to it, and it kept me interested, but the whole idea of finding "the Sunflower Samurai" seemed a bit downplayed throughout the series. Although each episode was interesting the series as a whole was not.

Animation: (10/10) Both well flowing and a great art style. The one small problem i had was that every once in a while the character's hands would become very small, but that is hardly an issue. There was no still frame animation and the backgrounds and environments were outstanding.

Audio: (10/10) Truly great. The music was done my Nujabes, Fat Jon, FORCE OF NATURE, and MINMI. The opening song, done by Nujabes, was great, and was what hooked me to the anime in the first place. The insert songs were also very good, and i especially liked "A space between two worlds". The ending song was also a great song, which was smooth and soft, serving as a great closing. I have yet to watch Samurai Champloo in English, but the Japanese voice acting was great, and the voices were well suited to the characters. One of the first things i did after watching the series was to get the 3 OSTs.

Character (10/10) Yet another great aspect of this anime. The characters were outwardly every different from one another, but the internal part of themselves which they did not show outwardly was all the same, giving them a great connecting. Both Mugen's past story and Jin's past story were very well done, and brought a sense of sympathy to both of them dispite their rough characteristics. Fuu was just an interesting character because she was almost a typical teenage girl and little more. Other side characters were also very good, with most given backgrounds and complete personalities, making them easily fit to be main characters.

Overall9.5) Not perfect, but great in every aspect. It is definatly a must watch. Although i have only seen two episodes in english i can say that it too is spectacular. Even if you do not like the series, i suggest getting a hold of the 3 OSTs(Original sound tracks) for the music.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Story = 9!

very odd... a samurai that smells like sun flowers? too bad sun flowers dont really have a sent!

Characters = 10!

An amazing cast! I would expect nothing less from the creator of Cowboy Bebop!

Fuu, the dis-organised young woman searching for revenge!

Jin and Mugen... 2 sides of the same coin...

Jin is always very calm and is very easy-going... while Mugen is completely sporatic and relys completely on impulsive decisions. (yes, i too noticed the odd resemblance with Spike)

By keeping the main cast to a strict minimum, they had many more opportunitys to explore each 1s personality.

everything about them is "adorable". from Jin and Mugen's version of "rock paper scizors" to Fuu's bottomless-pit-of-a-stomac!

Animation = 10!!!

Even in the first episode, where all animes seem to be a bit shaky-er than the rest of the season, this anime shines! everything is fluid and every movement leads up to the next.

This show has more eye candy than you could possibly immagine!

Voice Acting = 10!!

once again, i tip my hat to the japanese voice actors! i wish we had more like them over in N.A.!

Music = 9!

Despite the fact that i LOATHE nearly all hip-hop/rap, i enjoyed every second of it! i removed 1 point for the slightly forced intro... but ppl who enjoy rap would probly give this a 10.

Overall = 10!

one of my favorite animes. i hold this 1 in very high regard! (i know i say that alot, but there are soo many good animes out there!)

This anime is, simply put, beautiful. The plot advances slowly, but with all the action and odd twists in every episode, you wont even have time to think about it and will most likely forget all about the sunflower samurai after the second episode... (even if Fuu mentions him ALL the time )

I havent seen it in english dub, but im very confident that they did a good job... it IS the same creator as Cowboy Bebop after all! (and that show is genius in both languages...)
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

Junior Member hans777 is an unknown quantity at this point hans777's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2006 11:21 AM
    Threads

Artwork and animation: 10/10

The artwork and animation is excellently done! One of the bests I've everseen.

Music and voice acting: 9/10

The music had a great Hip-hop/jazzy sound to it. It really went well with the episodes and the moods of the chacacters. They did an excellent job combining the voices along with th music.

All of the characters of Samurai Champloo were made really well. Each of the three main characters Mugen, a fierce warrior who has a primal attitude to fighting and life. He calls his unique style of fighting Champloo Kendo, and it's inspired by breakdancing. Jin, a more traditional swordsman who relies on his incredible skill to fend himself against any threat to him, ordinary or not. Fuu, a supposedly ditzy waitress who, in excahnge for helping them out of a jam, has asked the two samurai to accompany her on a journey. They all were great in their own way. All of them had there own past and own personality that effected the story. It had a great blend of good and bad guys, similar to Cowboy Bebop.

Story: 7/10

The story is a weak point on the show. The story kindof drags along, but with all the twists and fierce fighting you probably won't notce that much.

Overall: 9/10

Great show, nothing more to say, you've got to wacth it if you haven't seen it yet.
    Derek

Junior Member auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer is infamous around these parts auroradreamer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2009 01:59 AM
    Threads

Default Another Critic

Hmm... This one was both really really good and kind of pointless at the same time.

Plot (9/10): I haven't seen too many with this exact plot so I give kudos to originality on this one. Yea some of the aspects have been done but not in this form really. Some of the fillers seemed a bit weird and didn't quite fit the whole theme of things but at the same time a lot of the fillers were literally perfect with how they went with the characters and story line. I still laugh my but off during the base ball episode. Historically acurate with the beauty of anime exageration. Great great great series.

Flow and Consistency (9/10): This was difficult to rate as there were many fillers. But the series itself just seemed to be so random that the fillers were just part of the plot. They didn't seem like fillers. Most didn't anyway. Flow was smooth as you learned about each character and the mystery following each just kept going. Very well done.

Music (10/10): Couldn't have been better. The overall hip hop (true hip hop, not that crap that we have on the radio posing as hip hop) theme was perfect for the way the entire series was and I have yet to find a better ending themed than that of the last episode AND of the rest of the series. Each song fit well in many aspects and although some of the music was used more than other (And others that were really good didn't even make it to the theme music CD) it all fit nicely.

Characters (10/10): Flat out perfect. Each was funny in their own way and perfectly interacted with each environment they came across. The overall attitude of it all was great. You had the depressing moments, the sad moments, the funny moments, the series moments, *hugh* *hugh* you had it all. Very well rounded for each character and their story to tell.

Voice (10/10): Couldn't have been better. No flaws. It was like the voice actors took it personally apon themselves to become the character during each scene. Perfect.

Overall (10/10): Very little wrong with this series. Even the filler episodes were good. Loved it and recommend it to anyone. Reguardless of what kind of anime they like.

Senior Member tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15 has a reputation beyond repute tsujigiri15's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 06:18 AM
    Threads

Default My favourite anime of all time

Ok, so the title was a strong way to start, but its true. Ive watched the thing through 3 times now, and I still think so.

Story: 9/10
    The story was interesting. It basically takes the quest of the female lead, and then skillfully ties the backstories of the 2 male leads in with it. The result is a very variable anime, as the basic set up of travelling across Japan, along with all the beef to be resolved allows for most episodes to be give or take self contained. There are bits which contribute to the conclusion of the story (or stories I suppose, cos there is one for each protagonist), in many episodes, but for the most part these are secondary to the very skillfully told stories in each.

Characters: 10/10
    There are a lot of very cool characters, and the 3 main ones especially provide a nice mix of involvment, general 'cool' and comedy. Beside these, characters tend to be believable and interesting, though there are some who exist solely to forward a single episode story, so are not nearly as well thought out - but they do the job well

Art and animation: 10+/10
    Wow. Just wow. Beautifully drawn and animated - every thing looks brilliant, and each episode has the animation quality of some feature length films! The fights (of which, happily, there are many) are the best I've seen of any samurai anime - so cool, without being completely unrealistic (except maybe at the end)

Audio: 10/10
    The soundtrack, as you will quickely realise is heavily influenced by rap, hip hop, and r n' b. I am comparitively new to these genres, but they work perfectly, and are handled with real panache. Not to mention that they were clearly made by some serious grade musicians -not amature stuff at all. I watched this subbed, and though I hear the dub is ok too, I think it works better as a sub - given the setting if nothing else. But also, you get to hear a lot of the 'silly' voices, which even to a non japanese are really funny... The cast does a slick job too.

Overall: 10/10
    This anime is great. You wouldnt believe modern street culture and feudal japan would mix. But they do (albeit more openly on occasion) - mugen tends to be the outlet for this, as is the graffiti episode. A superb anime across the board, but especially for its unbelievable choreography
    On that day, all female personelle under my command will be required to wear... Tiny Miniskirts!!!

Junior Member LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls will become famous soon enough LeRolls's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2009 11:48 AM
    Threads

Love the style and vibe of the animation. High quality stuff.

Great music! The fusion of different styles is unique and fun to listen too. It also sets the tone for the whole series. Solid voice acting all around, lots of attitude.

Characters: 8/10

Would have preferred more depth to the characters but they get the job done. I cared enough to keep watching till the end. Everyone's got their own little moments.

Too episodic for my tastes but still managed to keep me entertained long enough to get to the good stuff.

Overall: 8/10

Definitely recommended for fans of samurai anime and quirky characters. I picked up the whole series for $25 because of a Walmart price screw-up so no regrets here.

Junior Member MisaMisaIsMe is on a distinguished road MisaMisaIsMe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2010 07:18 PM
    Why do you wanna know? *cough*stalker*cough*
    Threads

Artwork and animation: 7/10
    I thought they did a pretty good job on the animation. Nice use of colors and everything.

Music and voice acting: 8/10
    The music was very unique. They chose some pretty good music to use, and they used them at like the right time. The voice acting was great, the voices went well with the characters.

The characters looked great! They did a great great great job on them, hands-down.

Story: 9/10

The story was just very unique in it's own special way. It keep me wanting more and more.

Overall it was very fanasitce. If you love Samurai I recommand you try this anime out.

My Anime guys: Miroku, L Lawliet, Yuki Sohma, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Zuko, Trunks Briefs, Sasuke Uchiha, Hiromu, Kei Minami, and Edward Elric

Junior Member Dangletsbangmugen is on a distinguished road Dangletsbangmugen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2010 05:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Will tell l8tr

Love The Art Even Mugen Most of all -blush- hes kinda sexy okay hes sexy

Music and voice acting: 7/10
    Great Music Kinda BUMMED bekuz every time i turn Around theres Mr.Blum Playing Cool Characters.

Kept me Entertained All throughout No matter What Fight seens Etc.Loved it Wouldnt imagine Any other way
    Overall: 9/10
    Great Anime Wish i put 10/10 but some parts kinda bummed me like episode 2
    Mugen Is Mine i pwn him lmfao...

Senior Member The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess has much to be proud of The_Angry_Princess's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Heart 172 - Pichu Popsicle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [TV series] Samurai Champloo

I love everything about Samerai Champloo because of the art and the apperances of them all

I Love Being Visual Kei No Matter The Mood, Place or Time I Rock The Style Any day

Junior Member fingersonthefrets is on a distinguished road fingersonthefrets's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2010 05:34 AM
    Threads

Animation was impressive, Crisp and well coloured.

While I've seen it too long ago to remember the voice acting, the music was perfect, employing such incredible musicians as Nujabes (R.I.P) greatly enhanced the overall series.

Characters: 7.5/10
    While the characters were nicely portrayed, they were extremely 2-dimensional and standard. Having said that, the three main characters were a relatively classic mix which worked well together, despite not much development or depth being given.

The story was the main downfall of the series. The main underlying story throughout the series seems mostly lazily added on, with all the development happening in only the final 3 episodes. However, the ending was extremely satisfying which saved the series.

An extremely good series. Well worth watching. One of my favourites.

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

I love samurai! (mougen not included..XD lol) ... it was an awsome series...

UnExpected....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information