AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime!

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

4 40.00%

1 10.00%

4 40.00%

1 10.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] Last EXILE

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV series] Last EXILE

Last EXILE
    AKA: Last Exile, ラストエグザイル
    Category: TV, 26 episodes
    Studio: GONZO DIGIMATION, 2003

US Distribution: Geneon Entertainment

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fistion, Drama

Plot Synopsis:

Prestel, a world ravaged by an industrial revolution, many humans now live on plateau's above the clouds. And sea of clouds below, and an endless sky above, humans brave the their world in large battle airships, and small two-man Vanships.
    Enter Klaus Valca, a 15 year old boy piloting the Vanship left behind by his father, after his disappearance. Together with his childhood friend, Lavie Head, he takes on delivery missions of low importance.
    However, one day, a mysterious girl Alvis Hamilton, entrusted to them by a dying Vanship pilot. He requests that Klaus deliver Alvis safely to the battle airship Silverna, and they get dragged into a war that shakes their peaceful world.

Now, Klaus and Lavi must follow their hearts and dreams to brave the gargantuan Grand Stream, ensure the safety of Alvis, and unravel the mysery of EXILE.

Story:(9.5/10)

The story of Last EXILE is really most excellent. It is really a refreshing change from most recent anime. This anime features no notable levels of violence, no mature themes, and no over-endowed females with no personality. Yet this anime still manages to capture the attention of it's viewers through it's simplicity. The story really get's you to care about what happens to some of the characters, and you find yourself watching to know what happens to them. Perhaps the most interesting feature of this anime's story however, is the world in which it takes place. Much of the anime takes place above the clouds, as the surface was ruined by an industrial revolution of sorts. As the anime progresses you learn more about the world, it's inhabitants, the various kingdoms, the mysterious Grand Stream, and EXILE. If you are looking for a story of simple basis, but a strong progression, you will not be dissapointed.

Characters:(9.5/10)

The characters of Last EXILE, are also really great. They are all reasonably developed, and each have a disting personality. The reason I gave such a high score however, is that none of the characters annoy me. There are no whores, no morons, no knaves, and no extreme hair colours. I was so very relieved that there were no pink-haired females in this anime, as they would have killed the entire atmosphere. Some anime can get away with such things, but others simply can not. Last EXILE seemed to be the type of anime that might try to throw a few pink haired characters in, luckily, that was avoided.

There are some really interesting characters here, in particular Dio. the deveopment on Dio is really well done, in my opinion. Every character serves a purpose, whether they it seems like it or not. Very well done.

Animation:(10/10)

When I first saw Last EXILE, I was stunned at the animation quality. It was incredible. Now, this is taking into consideration that the anime was made in 2003. The animation has vibrant, yet pleasing colours that never go overboard. The motion of the characters and environments is quite impressive. What struck me most, perhaps, is the seemlessly integrated CG. It flows so well with the animation, it is beautiful. The animation is really a treat for the eyes, especially the Vanships and the Grand Stream.

Soundtrack/Voice Acting:(8.5/10)

Well, there is really not too much to say here. The background music is almost perfect, and always suits the mood. The voice acting is well done, none of the voices seemed out of place. I particularily liked Dio's voice, especially when he yells "Immelman Turn!".

The reason why the I only gave it an 8.5, is that while the soundtrack is perfect for the mood, none of the tracks are really memorable. With some anime you find yourself hearing the background music in your head long after you have finished the series, .hack//SIGN and Tsubasa Chronicle come to mind. However with this, the background music does not tend to stick with you after you stop watching. Or rather, that is my experience. The opening them, "Cloud Age Symphony", was a nice touch. It is rare that an opening song has both tune and lyrics that suit the anime. Excellent choice there.

Overall:(9.6/10)

Overall, a magnificent anime. With a length of 26 episodes, it is a perfectly paced adventure sure to capture the hearts of it's viewers. This anime could easily have been ruined in a number of different ways, however, it overcame those possible failures and came out a stellar piece of work. I highly recommend this anime to anyone seeking something a little different from the anime of recent years.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Story 9/10

the least i can say, is that it was refreshing!
    during the whoal anime, they are keeping you 3 inches away from the screen wondering what is going to happen, what is the exile... riveting!

Characters 10/10

this was the real gravy of the show! it had something that many (most) animes of the date dont have, interaction! each characters past has its own twist with the others on the ship... things change... the ppl talk to each other... and then that will alter their attitude towards others. every character is believable in their past and the world encompassing them.

Animation 9.9/10

WOW... one of the only animes whom the creator managed to fit CG in without making the rest look crappy! just as the characters, everything blends together perfectly! smoke/lighting/shading effects are on the brink of perfection.
    everything is done in plain colors, adding to the somewhat bleak story but without giving you sore eyes after the first episode... the only thing that i didnt like, was the camera angles... they were good, but with the sheer excellence of everything else, i think we can all forgive it!

Audio 9/10

The background music fits so well with whats going on, that most of the time you wont even notice!
    the intro also claims the same praise as the rest... it fits with the rest so well its almost eery!
    The voice acting was good, with minor flaws in some of the characters getting less screentime... but all of the ppl that matter have exquisite voices! (no 12 year olds sounding like bubba the black guy )

Overall 9.5/10

A cult classic... why it isnt as popular as other shows? simple... its different! ive never seen another anime similar in the slightest.
    its retro and futuristic at the same time. very psychological... its a thinking man's anime.
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

Story 8/10

its really quite a different story. I like the fact that it seems to be unlike many other anime that are out there.

Characters 9/10

The characters are cool and seem realistic for their age. I was surprised at the way they intereacted with each other.

Animation 9/10

really nice animation, it was well drawn and the addition of CG without it looking crappy was well done.

Audio 9/10

The background music was effective and half the time you didn't even notice it was there. And that's the mark of good music in a show.

Overall 8/10

I liked it alot, but there were a few little things that annoyed me. Other than that it was quite a good show.

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information