AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The True Skill System

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default The True Skill System

With Xbox 360, Microsoft is launching a new version of matchmaking for 360 games. This system will be the same on all Xbox 360 games, unlike games for the Xbox, where you had for an instance Halo 2's wonderful matchmaking system, and then you had Counter-Strike's lousy system.
    The system is based on ELO, which is used by chessplayers.
    Read more about it here!

It's really interesting to see how much the matchmaking system has developed.
    Oh and I posted this for people to see and be informed.
    Last edited by Loljoke; 10-31-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    I live in Switzerland!

Deus Ex Machina ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■ has a reputation beyond repute ■■■■■■'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2005 03:23 PM
    Threads

Such a headace and all this just to pick "Who's going to play against who" they might have well inserted a round robin style system in there as well.

Since it's microsoft, it can't just be "Round Robin."
    It has to become Elucidan Round Robin. Insert random lol three spaces to the right of this ~>
    ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■
    ■ ■
    ■ ■ ■

Senior Member Sinjoda is a jewel in the rough Sinjoda is a jewel in the rough Sinjoda is a jewel in the rough Sinjoda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2007 06:20 AM
    Threads

Sounds like I'll dislike the 360 even more.
    Those with wings, fly to your dreams

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

Personally, I think this is the medicine to end all ranking headaches. Those guys and their numbers! The system they propose is very agreeable. o.o; After this gets developed, I really don't see the need for its improvement. I mean, the consistent kicking of booty -should- be important, as it pertains to matchmaking. It also prevents the predatorial deranking that can usually happen within a few games. Now they'll have to lose consistently if they want to be matched with the lower ranks. Good call, smart dudes.
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

Why can't they just make things simple. If you suck, play with other people that suck. If you're good, play with other people that are good. Or just join games like Quake 4, or F.E.A.R's system. It's not that difficult, and it really does level the field, and helps you get better instead of making you suck even worse.

The system puts people together with the same skill, reducing a game player's growth and skill at the game. That...makes no sense.

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

Then maybe they should keep the definition for skillful players and loosen it when it concerns lower ranked players? I mean, when you do poorly, the only way you're going to get better is by noticing what the enemy does and applying it to your own strategy.

Maybe they should a do different varible, like a measurement of utter damage evasion. Not getting your shield knocked down quite so often. Dumb down the modifiers for area effects, like grenades and rocket launchers. Higher modifiers for using varying weapon combinations as opposed to sticking to certain weapon sets. Less modifiers for repeated movement strategy. Be the versatile player.
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The design of the system was created to make the experience fun and fair.
    If you've read about the gamerzones, the reputation system and everything that's coming for the 360, you'll get a pretty good understanding how the system was created.
    Ofcourse you'll always be matched against someone that might be better than you or might be worse, just imagine the scenarios.
    I live in Switzerland!

Closed Thread

Thread Information