AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Learning to draw anime stile=)))

Property of -Naota- Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2007 03:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wink Learning to draw anime style=)))

Hi!

I’m Tsunade (if you don’t know, this is my gallery).

I’m a drawer from Russia=)

I know, that a lot of people here want to learn to draw anime style, so, I decided to make this topic, cause I want to help=)

P.S. tiv, I beg you pardon, that I’ve opened this topic without your partition. Don’t be very angry=)
    Last edited by Tsunade; 10-26-2005 at 09:03 AM.
    つなで の あルと。

Property of -Naota- Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade is a splendid one to behold Tsunade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Lesson 1:

Typical anime faces.

Here I’ll show you haw to draw a typical anime face from different points of look. Though they are all female typical faces, this principle can be used for all characters that you want to draw.=)

Front view.

1. Start from drawing a big cercal.

2. Share it on 3 parts and draw a vertical line in the center

3. Don’t mind, if horizontal parts are not the same. There size may very from stile of the character. So it’s normal, if they are not the same.=)

4. Than draw a small and short line just under the cercal. At this pic it was drawn at the same distance as the height of the third part of the cercal. This line will be the chin, so don’t make it just a point, cause than the chin will be sharp. To change the distance of this line from the cercal is one of the way to change the features.
    5. Than draw 2 diagonal lines. They should touch the line of the cercal and go through border points of the future chin.

6 Than full fill the face with *flesh* cause it will be very thin.

7. Draw 2-circled triangular figures at the border of the face. Verify the thickness of this figures and the height of …(sorry, I don’t remember this word, this is the part, where the triangular figures are bending) you can change stile of the character which you are drawing.

Sorry...to be continued...cause I need some time to translate the text from Russian to English=)
    Last edited by Tsunade; 10-24-2005 at 02:32 PM.
    つなで の あルと。

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

You're Russian? Explains why you misspelled "style." Great drawings, btw.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Member SanSakura is on a distinguished road SanSakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 05:03 PM
    Threads

My god, you can draw woman........*Admires the work*
    Hmmm, Im more of a writer though...So I really don't do drawing.

Thank Miyuki Hatake for this one, Thanks Miyuki!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry about my spelling mistakes...I tried not to make them...but...oh my god...
    Last edited by Tsunade; 10-24-2005 at 10:30 PM.
    つなで の あルと。

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hmm... I want to ask, does anyone need this topic? If it’s "yes", than I'll continue my work, but if it’s "no", than I'll ask to delete it.
    つなで の あルと。

Blacklist #1 Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 09:57 AM
    Threads

Thanks for the lesson. Don't ask anyone to delete it. I may need to refer back to this. I can't believe a russian like you can draw anime. You're uniqe (which means diffrent/speacil).

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanx=) than I'll continue my work
    P.s. I know, what "unique" means
    つなで の あルと。

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Typical anime faces. part 2.

Now, when you have a shape of the face you 100% want to draw eyes, mouth and nose. The position of different chars’ eyes is not the same, but they should be placed in to the lowest part of the cercal.
    The nose composes ½ of a size of the 3ed part and is drawn till 3ed part’s line. Than the mouth is drawn under nose (^o^)

Than wipe off useless lines (diagonals, touching lines) and detail eyes. Now, you’ve got the “face”. Than you can do every thing you want: draw hair, scars, tattoo,…what ever you want=)))

つなで の あルと。

Member SanSakura is on a distinguished road SanSakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 05:03 PM
    Threads

Hmnmmm, this is more useful than i thought....Ill be back here later

Thank Miyuki Hatake for this one, Thanks Miyuki!

Senior Member Bunny Tsuki is on a distinguished road Bunny Tsuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2007 01:41 PM
    Threads

Well, I already knew the stuff for the head, but most the people I've been talking too don't do it that way anymore. That's what gets me, then the eyes and how to make them my own.

But thank you for this thread.
    I am the hope of the future, the one people look up to. I know what it is like to lose everything to save everything. I am Sailor Cosmos.

*Bunny Tsuki/Sailor Moon of Crystal Intentions*

Family in journal

Made by my artistic older sis Sumomo1

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 07:27 PM
    Threads

i really apreciate that ur teaching us how to draw but u shouldnt really double btw nice art work ^^

Lovely Siggy From Felicci.91

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

Junior Member Miyuki Hatake is on a distinguished road Miyuki Hatake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2005 06:43 PM
    Threads

Wink

Wow, this really helps me a lot. ^^; I was wondering, could you talk about drawing the face,neck, and shoulders in a diagnal pose.. like facing the right but having them looking toward the front. ( I hope you know what I mean.. I'm kinda bad at explaining it.. x__x;; )

Awesome artwork, by the way! Keep it up!

Miyuki
    .:.*: I wanna be Perfect, Just like you, but there's only so much that a girl can do :*.:.
    .:.*: When I look, in the mirror, what I see, makes sense to me, Oh yeah..Perfectly :*.:.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

=)))
    oh, I really sorry that my posts are coming so slowly=))
    I had a lot of work lately=)
    つなで の あルと。

kiNkIE Of The Month Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva® has a reputation beyond repute Eva®'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 06:29 PM
    Threads

xD why don't you just send the site haha.. oh wait they are in russian.. so most of us can't read it.. never mind.. but I think tiv wouldn't mind either ^-^ , Nice of you to share it with us the other AF members xD
    ::: sig made by TWM.. :::

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AbbA// aka Eva® ^.^
    xD why don't you just send the site haha.. oh wait they are in russian.. so most of us can't read it.. never mind.. but I think tiv wouldn't mind either ^-^ , Nice of you to share it with us the other AF members xD
    つなで の あルと。

Senior Member Bunny Tsuki is on a distinguished road Bunny Tsuki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2007 01:41 PM
    Threads

Tsunade, could you tell me if you still do the circle thing for your head?? I guess that is where I put myself down. Most my friends don't now.
    I am the hope of the future, the one people look up to. I know what it is like to lose everything to save everything. I am Sailor Cosmos.

*Bunny Tsuki/Sailor Moon of Crystal Intentions*

Family in journal

Made by my artistic older sis Sumomo1

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Tsuki
    Tsunade, could you tell me if you still do the circle thing for your head?? I guess that is where I put myself down. Most my friends don't now.
    No. I have never done such a thing...
    This way of drawing is like at drawing schools, it's more academic way.
    But I have never study at drawing school, so I have learnt everything by myself.=)
    つなで の あルと。

Junior Member Independent_Jes is an unknown quantity at this point Independent_Jes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2005 01:24 AM
    Threads

Cool

If you want to learn how to draw anime buy some " How to draw Manga" thats how i learned. Buy some tracing paper...and trace the characters...so you kind of see how they are made.

If you have a credit card/debit card go to www.overstock.com you can get how to draw manga for cheaper than the original stand price. But the only promblem is that they dont have all of the books. If you want all of them go to www.howtodrawmanga.com

if not go to your nearest book store they should have it there...try barnes and noble or borders. Not all independent own book stores carry them.

Its easy, and if you are in college or high school try taking up art class.
    If youre just trying to make anime character's head/face start off with an egg shape head. Or making a full circle then adding the jaw line or the narrow end of an egg.
    I Bite...Hard...Not just for the hell of it...For the taste of Blood.
    http://http://www.myspace.com/independent_jes

Junior Member 19stinger91 is on a distinguished road 19stinger91's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2005 03:24 PM
    Threads

@ Tsunade: I really appriciate your doing this, but the drawings you use are copyrighted by HTDM.com (howtodrawmanga.com) I think, But I donno 4 sure...

Other than that, you really can learn something with these pics, I got me first skills from them 2 months ago ^^

As been said allready, Cool your doing this ^^ and maybe you can make the pics yourself, you got uber drawing skillz

Closed Thread

Thread Information