AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: General Knowledge

Senior Member Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2017 11:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Well, technically matter could leave through quantum tunneling too.
    I hadn't thought of that.

You can enter it, but you can't send stuff into it. Or was that the other way around?
    According to this next quote of yours, you can enter it, but you can't send stuff into it. I think?

You don't experience time dilation as time slowing down, it's the world that speeds up, not that you speed down. So, on your merry way into the black hole the universe will start moving really fast, but you don't experience any velocity decrease, since time still moves just as fast from your point of view, even if it takes aeons of "real" time for just a second to pass for you.

Infinite time dilation is still infinite time dilation, ne? Even if you did go yourself, it would still take a literal eternity to enter. What would happen to the universe by the time you made it inside, I wonder? Would it collapse? Would it cease to exist? Would it phase into an alternate reality? And what of parallel dimensions? What sort of effect would your entry into the singularity have upon them? I suspect we need to know much, much more about the universe and how it works before we can understand these theories fully.

Zero

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan Zero
    I hadn't thought of that.

According to this next quote of yours, you can enter it, but you can't send stuff into it. I think?

Infinite time dilation is still infinite time dilation, ne? Even if you did go yourself, it would still take a literal eternity to enter. What would happen to the universe by the time you made it inside, I wonder? Would it collapse? Would it cease to exist? Would it phase into an alternate reality? And what of parallel dimensions? What sort of effect would your entry into the singularity have upon them? I suspect we need to know much, much more about the universe and how it works before we can understand these theories fully.

Zero
    The time dilation is relative to the outside world, from your perspective it doesen't happen. It's only from the outside world's perspective you will be stuck forever on the event horizon.

There is no perspective that is right or wrong in relative physics.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member Natsuho is on a distinguished road Natsuho's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2005 05:43 AM
    Threads

I have what I think is a good question...i'm no where near what you would call brilliant.But black holes are made of matter, what sort of matter are they made of? I don't know, just a q.

I also seen a show that talked about the earths core being magnetic ect, and that is what governs the earths polls spreading like a shield over the planet to defend against radiation from the sun.A filter effect correct?

In addition, you guy's successfully make me feel dumb as a board lol.

Senior Member Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt has a reputation beyond repute Nullpunkt's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The time dilation is relative to the outside world, from your perspective it doesen't happen. It's only from the outside world's perspective you will be stuck forever on the event horizon.

There is no perspective that is right or wrong in relative physics.
    Here's the real question, then:

Do you make it into the singularity? Ever? And if you do, what happens to everything else outside of the event horizon?

Zero

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan Zero
    Here's the real question, then:

Do you make it into the singularity? Ever? And if you do, what happens to everything else outside of the event horizon?

Zero
    Again with the perspectives, from your perspective you do, from the outside world you don't. The outside world will move infinitely faster than you (infinite time compression).

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Again with the perspectives, from your perspective you do, from the outside world you don't. The outside world will move infinitely faster than you (infinite time compression).
    *laughs maniacally* I love physics and mechanics.

I think I'll call it quits for today, though. My brain's been overclocked for the past 8 hours now, and I didn't get much sleep last night. One last parting thought, now:

Some elements actually do fall faster in a vacuum, due to slight differences in mass. It has been scientifically proven.

Zero

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok, I lost track of where we were, so I'll ask another question, see if you need to look this up..

At what facility were the "top" and "bottom" quarks discovered? (hint: I have an uncle who was on the team that discovered the "top" quark..... ok, that's not much of a hint...)
    Last edited by bakakame; 10-21-2005 at 10:46 PM. Reason: heh, rather odd typo there.....

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

We need a breath of fresh air in here ;p

Where/How did the Kangaroos get their name? (Please don't look it up...answer if you know)

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bakakame
    Ok, I lost track of where we were, so I'll ask another question, see if you need to look this up..

At what facility were the "top" and "bottom" quarks discovered? (hint: I have an uncle who was on the team that discovered the "top" quark..... ok, that's not much of a hint...)
    I had to look this one up, because I couldn't remember the name of the facility. Top and bottom quarks, the first and second heaviest quarks, respectively, were discovered at Fermilab in 1995 (top) and 1977 (bottom).

I love Google. :P

This one is a yes/no question, chosen especially for Natsuho (who so eloquently pointed out that we "guys" make certain others feel, quote, "as dumb as a board", unquote):

If someone were to drop a penny from the top of the Empire State Building, there being no adverse weather conditions to affect the fall of said penny, and it hit a typical male adult on the top of his head at ground level, would it kill him?

Simple question, yes or no?

Zero
    Last edited by Nullpunkt; 10-22-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Member Natsuho is on a distinguished road Natsuho's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2005 05:43 AM
    Threads

No, but it would hurt like heck! I belive this true cuz I seen the episod of Mythbusters LMAO!!
    Good one though, I was just surprized it was that question lol.

Closed Thread

Thread Information