AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam - Official discussion thread

Tai's Wifey <3 Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 01:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wow you sure are lucky guy.... ^^
    Last edited by Sophonax; 12-29-2005 at 08:21 AM.

NOTE: Please PM to me if you would like to request make sig and avi.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Highland, CA (since nobody knows where that is)
    Threads

BTW, what is VCD? I like to expand my vocabulary whenever I can
    Last edited by Sophonax; 12-29-2005 at 08:21 AM.

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2012 11:06 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

I don't care -how- you get the series. As long as it is illegal, such as downloading, I don't want any talk about it here. Both of the posts above have been edited out. Next time, I will give both of you a warning.

If you believe it's not illegal because it's not licensed or whatever, go read the Berne Convention.

This warning goes for anyone as well.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm sure I have said something like this before, but I am not a big fan of censorship. It is not like we were saying "go out and download pirated anime" or something. Also, I believe that the ones talking about it would be the ones in trouble, not the Admins of the forum. Just a thought.

Anyway, anyone ever play a good Gundam game?

Member Shinigami Hilde will become famous soon enough Shinigami Hilde's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2012 04:50 PM
    Threads

What's so bad about pirated anime? If you get it-good for you. As long as your not caught.
    It's All About The Beret!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is just a way of life. I don't like to take money away from the companies who try to bring anime to america, but when you only put 3 episodes on a DVD and charge almost 30 bucks, there is no other choice.

Does anyone know how to get the Ramba Ral's Attack A video on Journey to Jaburo?

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2012 11:06 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Pirated anime is illegal.
    I don't want people to talk about illegal things in my forum.
    End of story.

Continue the discussion about pirated animes, and have your posts edited or deleted.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 12:30 AM
    Threads

With the most hated characters, mine are:

Males: That junk guy from Gundam ZZ whose name I always forget.
    Females: Laccus Clyne and Rinoa Peacecraft (I hate preachers so very very much)

Senior Member animeadmirer is on a distinguished road animeadmirer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2006 02:49 AM
    San Jose of California, where everything is overpriced.
    Threads

My recent favorites are of course Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny. I liked both of them.

The only real compliant I had on GSD was that Shinn played his role as a annoyign angst filled kid a bit too long for him to be salvaged as the series' main character which resulted in Kira taking the lead again. The biggest complaint I ever had in a anime was the ending of GSD which was.... disappointing to say the least. It was the worst episode I've ever seen in my life in any anime, movie, or book. I'm not joking.

I've seen the re-make version of it and it came out pretty decently though some may complain that there is still a bit too much showing of old action clips (eg. two ZAKU Gunners taking a shot at Akatsuki only to be destroyed when their own attacks are deflected rigth back at them.). I still think it's pretty great. There is a final part which brings many of the major characters in ony place. Worth watching if the GSD ending was a trauma.

In the final moments we see Athrun, Shinn, Lunamaria, and Meyrin at the memorial at Orb where Kira and Shinn met a while ago. Shinn admits though he hates this place he hates all the desturction and ruin around the site. Not too long after Kira and Lacus join them and finally Kira and Shinn meet with knowing the identities of each other. In the end Kira manages to finish the converting process of Shinn from a near-Darth-Vader-to-be-Anakin-Skywalker into a decent person on the right path in life.

Interesting thing to note is how everyone departs from the memorial. Kira and Lacus departs which Lacus resting her head on Kira's shoulder. Shinn and Luna linger around. And Athrun and Meyrin depart. Though unconfirmed it was often shown that there is a remote possibility of a Athrun-Meyrin pairing. At one point Cagalli says she thinks Meyrin likes Athrun to Athrun in the same conversation of Cagalli apologizing for all the she has done to Athrun since they left each others company. Also, Cagalli at one point asked Meyrin to take good care of Athrun. And also, Cagalli is not once shown talking with Athrun after the battle of whatever. She seems to have fully devoted herself in her role as the leader of Orb. Though the Athrun-Cagalli pairing is far from over as for example in the opening parts Athrun is shown hugging Cagalli just before Archangel departs for the moon. I wonder if Caglli is feelign guilty and now has given her body and soul to ORb while leaving Athrun in another person's hands whom she feels is capable. I dunno.

In any case, all this does leave a good enough opening for the Athrun-Meyrin possibility. Athrun doesn't exactly have feelings for Meyrin, not yet anyway, though he does have for Cagalli. But he does have some fondness towards Meyrin and obligation to look after Meyrin. There's only enough events to leave an opening for a possibility for another but that's it. Athrun and Cagalli may still very likely end up up with each other.
    All great figures are shrouded with ambiguity! Look how they fear the Devil and revere God! With mystery comes colossal power! -- Suzuka (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Eliminate the imposibles, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. -- Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I never saw the end of GSD yet, and I am not sure if I ever will, judging by what people say about it. I am hoping for a solid resolution to things in the soon to be announced 3rd installment of the CE Universe. I think Athrun/Meyrin make a cute couple, don't really know how to explain why

Tai's Wifey <3 Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami has a reputation beyond repute Reika Yagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Btw, don't you think that Shinn is similar to Uchiha Sasuke and talks about revenge. Does anyone love Shinn? There are times he can so nice guy in the inside! ^^
    Last edited by Reika Yagami; 01-01-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually, of the "Main Characters" of Gundam Seed (i.e Kira, Athuran and Shinn), Shinn is actually my favourite. There is something in his bitter personallity which gives him a good amount of depth. Most of which was left untapped by the writers in favour of apealing to fangirls.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Unfortunately, according to what I have heard about the ending, the hope I had for a rivalry between Kira and Shinn is not meant to be (maybe he will have to fight Athrun again at some point?). Is there any true rivalry in Gundam other than Amuro/Char?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Don SGI
    Actually, of the "Main Characters" of Gundam Seed (i.e Kira, Athuran and Shinn), Shinn is actually my favourite. There is something in his bitter personallity which gives him a good amount of depth. Most of which was left untapped by the writers in favour of apealing to fangirls.
    I absolutely agree of Shinn's role. I just remember about his past back then he was 14 or 15 since he has with his parents and also his sister Maya. But unfortunate the Earth Alliance planned to attack at the place of ORB where Uzumi Athha, Cagalli's father died when they were escape to the space also Shinn's parents and his sister killed from the explosion from the Calamity's attack and he started on revenge. He seems like Sasuke.

The true loner 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2007 11:27 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami Ichigo
    I totally forgot about that guy. He was certainly a douche.
    Yeah I agree that too. Many people dislike Yuuna Roma Seiran.

"Ore horo yatsu wa chigau ze!" - Sasuke

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I recently have been watching alot of UC Gundam, and it is amazing some of the stuff you realize when you go back. For instance, I never realized that they show Haman in 0083, in addition to Jamitov and Bask (I think that is his name). Also that the entire crew from 0083 joins the Titans (wonder what happened to them by Zeta).

The true loner 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜 has a reputation beyond repute 飛竜's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami Ichigo
    I recently have been watching alot of UC Gundam, and it is amazing some of the stuff you realize when you go back. For instance, I never realized that they show Haman in 0083, in addition to Jamitov and Bask (I think that is his name). Also that the entire crew from 0083 joins the Titans (wonder what happened to them by Zeta).
    So what happened to Kou Uraki and the others if they were join from the Titans?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They all probably got wasted by Kamille and Co. However, I would imagine that Kou was probably not involved too deeply (probably just a test pilot again)

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If I remember correctly, Kou never joined the Titans, nor did his mate with the glasses whose name just slipped my mind. But yeah as for the rest they probally got wasted during the war.

I never noticed Bask, Jamitov or Haman during 0083 because I first watched it before Zeta.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I also had not noticed, but after Zeta, I watched 0083 last week, and I noticed those 3 (unfortunately, Haman only got one line ) After watching Zeta, and having already seen ZZ, I am becoming a big fan of Haman (so nice to see a strong female character in the Gundam universe).

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, as a Haman fan I beg to ask...

When the hell is CDA going to be published in english?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Possibly an ignorant question, but what is CDA?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Don SGI
    If I remember correctly, Kou never joined the Titans, nor did his mate with the glasses whose name just slipped my mind. But yeah as for the rest they probally got wasted during the war.

I never noticed Bask, Jamitov or Haman during 0083 because I first watched it before Zeta.
    Are you talking about Chuck Keith, Kou's best buddy?

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

CDA aka Char's Deleted Affair: Portrait of a Young Comet
    It's a recent manga series which is about Char after the One Year War and before the Gryps War. It's main focus is on the discovery and relationship of Haman Karn and her rise to power.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh man, that sounds awesome. My guess, since I had not heard of it until just now, is that it will not be published in America for some time. You know how long it is?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information