AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Yngwie J Malmsteen

Member Fallon Piper Fawn is on a distinguished road Fallon Piper Fawn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2005 10:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Yngwie J Malmsteen

I love Malmsteen, I think he's a brilliant musician and one of the most technical guitar players of this age.I have quite a few of his albums, and well love most of his songs.Neo classical is something that intreagues me to the bone, as well as his sweeping arpeggio technique is just insain! lol In any case I was wondering how many of you here are a fan, what albums are your favoright and witch songs are your faves!
    I glitrende solskinn et landskap som vakner Vi seiler inn mot havnen

Cry emo CRY!!!! Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly has much to be proud of Soul fly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2007 07:31 PM
    Threads

he is quite cool but nothing compared to a mr steve vai

Passion Beyond Reason

Glasgow City Hardcore

Ultimate Omega enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 04:08 PM
    Threads

I like Blitzkreig (I think thats how its spelt), he's a legend

Member Fallon Piper Fawn is on a distinguished road Fallon Piper Fawn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2005 10:21 PM
    Threads

Steve Vai is fantastic as well I have a few of his albums too, BTW ever see the new G3 video with Steve Vai Joe Satrianni and Yngwie Malmsteen??? It is friggin' awesome, gotta get it sometime it's a much have.
    And well as for whos better, there all pretty much the cream of the crop of the guitar world so it all falls to opinion because there all differnt styles pretty much so.
    I glitrende solskinn et landskap som vakner Vi seiler inn mot havnen

The Scarlet Letterman Puffy Mushroom is a jewel in the rough Puffy Mushroom is a jewel in the rough Puffy Mushroom is a jewel in the rough Puffy Mushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2006 07:32 PM
    Threads

All this talk of great guitar players and John Petrucci's name doesn't surface once? *cough cough*

Anyway, Yngwie is pretty awesome. I only have one album by him (Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force -- Attack!!!) and it's fantastic. Is his other stuff as good? If so, I might have to check some of it out.

And while we're on the topic of insane guitarists, has anybody ever heard and/or seen a guy by the name of Michael Angelo? All I can say is wow. Wow, man.
    Hello, all you boys and girls,
    I'd like to take you to the inside world.
    It's quite an irregular place to be,
    But never fear, you're safe with me.

...Well, maybe.

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy Mushroom
    All this talk of great guitar players and John Petrucci's name doesn't surface once? *cough cough*

Anyway, Yngwie is pretty awesome. I only have one album by him (Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force -- Attack!!!) and it's fantastic. Is his other stuff as good? If so, I might have to check some of it out.

And while we're on the topic of insane guitarists, has anybody ever heard and/or seen a guy by the name of Michael Angelo? All I can say is wow. Wow, man.
    yes indeed i have! Michael angelo is the only known guitarist to b able to play "the quad"... too bad it was stolen after his second gig with it tho... he DID get the two top guitars back tho...

ok... there's 1 song i like from yngwie... black star (big surprise eh?)...
    but i really dont like yngwie... every single interview i read about him, he's just showing off how big his ego is... "yes, as a matter of fact, i AM the best guitarist in the world! vai? whos vai?"... i mean seriously... hes not THAT good... hes not even half as good as jason becker and hes PARALISED... i cant stand guitarists who are hypocryts... like when u go to your local guitar shop and some guy (first time he walks into the place) grabs a guitar and starts playing with the volume maxed out... not to mention the blatant abuse of the whammy bar... but i guess its not that bad... he could b playing stairway... (stairway is an awesome song, but some 1 is ALWAYS playing it at guitar shops...)

i would definately put yngwie at the bottom of the virtuoso list...
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

Closed Thread

Thread Information