AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new Legend of Zelda game is going to suck people

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The new Legend of Zelda game is going to suck people

When its early in the mornings and I've had a few beers in me(and some rum) I like to start controvesy, and the main topic we can start with is the Legend of Zelda game coming out. Lets look at the facts shall we:

First off it is based off the poorly developed and thought out game Wind Waker, having so many flaws, I can name 20 big ones, but will only do it unless it is requested. With that being said we will now look at the poorly given title Twilight Princess. LOOK AT ITS ABBREVIATION PEOPLE. TP is good for one thing and one thing only, so you can use your imaginations on that one. Last but not least, the poor upgrades they gave the game. While almost changing nothing about the last few games that have come out, the Legend of Zelda series always manages to add one pointless element in each game, so they can claim that their games aren't all the same *cough bullpoop*. Alright people, turning into a werewolf is way beyond gay, and has to be by far the worst element in a Zelda game to date, being also very unimaginative. This proves that Zelda is running out of ideas and at this point is running soley on the name itself. The game isn't gonna be good, although many of you will play the game so much you will force yourselves to like it just to stay a diehard fan. Which is fine by me, by all means go right ahead and do what makes you happy. I'm just here to state the facts. But if I may stretch my wings out a bit, and to jus vaguely guess on whats going to be in the game, I'm going to guess it involves one or all of the following:

1. Ganandorf
    2. A dungeon
    3. A small key
    4. A huge key mainly used to open the boss doors
    5. A hero who is an elf, representing the hero Link
    6. Something gay to keep making me think poorly upon all Zelda games
    7. Nothing new to surprise the players who have been playing it for so long
    8. Hopefully a message telling people to stop playing now and save your lives for something useful.

Its a far stretch, I know, but don't yell at me when it comes true.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member picano has a spectacular aura about picano has a spectacular aura about picano has a spectacular aura about picano's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2005 09:03 PM
    Threads

Heh... controversy. You'd prolly start an all out war. Just wait till a Zelda TP fan sees this.

*goes off to find one*
    -picano the catgirl fan
    Click the bobombs for my site!

Quote Originally Posted by picano
    Would you marry me? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chii-chan
    Why don't you just download me?:-)

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    First off it is based off the poorly developed and thought out game Wind Waker, having so many flaws, I can name 20 big ones, but will only do it unless it is requested.
    Name 'em.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

And so is Tomarrow TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2007 07:02 AM
    Threads

lol, storm...that was so good. he set himself up for that one lol.

ya im so freakin excited about Twilight Princess. it looks like (from what ive seen in previews on the net) it will be probably the best zelda game in the entire series....i'm too excited about it.

o and btw stupid kid who started this thread, the game is supposed to be based on Ocarina of Time (the best game so far that i have ever played...yes i own a gamecube and xbox i just enjoyed zelda too much). wind waker was very wel done i think...but we all have opinions, only yours is wrong. twilight princess will rock so much.
    Last edited by TodayIsMine; 10-10-2005 at 06:15 AM.

So fill me up to the brim...

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Cut the swearing and you'll be ok, Darth

I haven't played many of the Zelda games, but they are ok.
    Last edited by Loljoke; 10-10-2005 at 09:48 AM.
    I live in Switzerland!

PK of the Azure Flame KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2016 03:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ohh_Powl

i dont really care about the new zelda game i like the old zelda games the best like a link to the past and ocaraina of time
    Thank you to all who helped me get out of the red, i really appriciate it ^^

please click my egg

I love Lucy I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2007 01:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    When its early in the mornings and I've had a few beers in me(and some rum) I like to start controvesy, and the main topic we can start with is the Legend of Zelda game coming out. Lets look at the facts shall we:

First off it is based off the poorly developed and thought out game Wind Waker, having so many flaws, I can name 20 big ones, but will only do it unless it is requested. With that being said we will now look at the poorly given title Twilight Princess. LOOK AT ITS ABBREVIATION PEOPLE. TP is good for one thing and one thing only, so you can use your imaginations on that one. Last but not least, the poor upgrades they gave the game. While almost changing nothing about the last few games that have come out, the Legend of Zelda series always manages to add one pointless element in each game, so they can claim that their games aren't all the same *cough bullpoop*. Alright people, turning into a werewolf is way beyond gay, and has to be by far the worst element in a Zelda game to date, being also very unimaginative. This proves that Zelda is running out of ideas and at this point is running soley on the name itself. The game isn't gonna be good, although many of you will play the game so much you will force yourselves to like it just to stay a diehard fan. Which is fine by me, by all means go right ahead and do what makes you happy. I'm just here to state the facts. But if I may stretch my wings out a bit, and to jus vaguely guess on whats going to be in the game, I'm going to guess it involves one or all of the following:

1. Ganandorf
    2. A dungeon
    3. A small key
    4. A huge key mainly used to open the boss doors
    5. A hero who is an elf, representing the hero Link
    6. Something gay to keep making me think poorly upon all Zelda games
    7. Nothing new to surprise the players who have been playing it for so long
    8. Hopefully a message telling people to stop playing now and save your lives for something useful.

Its a far stretch, I know, but don't yell at me when it comes true.
    DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT?I dont think you do.You never did like Zelda Games.The New One is Going to kick major ***.TP will be the best game ever made in video game history.Its going to be awsome.
    If i have talked to you on aim under the sn zeldafreakmaster plez im add shencj16 to ur list.Thaxs and have a great day

"I Love You Lucy and you Know i would die for you!!!"

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination or parish in Hell

Dammit, I'm still alive! python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862 is infamous around these parts python862's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 08:46 PM
    Threads

Wow, I liked Zelda: Link to the Past, but I actually have to agree with the author of this post. Of course, I'm a MGS Megafan, not a zelda fan. Anyway, The werewolf thing? Absolutely dumb. IT's almost like that crappy game the Suffrering.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Bunnies...

Give me all your stuff
    All your base are belong to us

SUPA TANK TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!
    BAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAHBAH
    POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW
    BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

check out my forum site @ http://www.python862.proboards92.com

SIG'S HOLY AWESOMENESS CREATED BY NESPA

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I agree that I HATED (emphasis on hated) Wind Waker. It had poor graphics, crappy music, a slow boat (caused me much frustration >.<), and a stupidst ending. However, I LOVED (emphasis on loved) Ocarina of Tme. There is only one word to describe it. *****en! It was second only o FFIIV in my oopinion. I am very excited about Zelda Tp *snicker* and hope it is not as you say. ^_^

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Member Doll Face will become famous soon enough Doll Face will become famous soon enough Doll Face's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2005 10:06 AM
    Threads

Its kind of hard to judge things that have not come out yet. Though your arguments for why you don’t like it are flimsy (The abbreviation "TP" doesn’t mean the game will be bad), you are still entitled to your opinion. I have only played one Zelda game and it was Ocarina of Time. It was very fun and interactive with an engaging story and I hope they build upon this in Twilight Princess. Like most things I reserve my judgment till I try it.
    For anime related news read my journal.
    If the quantity of my posts starts to increase then there overall quality will decrease.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

The werewolf thing? Absolutely dumb. IT's almost like that crappy game the Suffrering
    It looks nothing like the suffering go play mega man.
    Its kind of hard to judge things that have not come out yet
    Yeah like that has ever stopped anyone.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

TP looks awesome, but I'm just saying that because I'm a die-hard Zelda fan.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Well I'm not a zelda fan and i think it looks pretty good myself.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Look, i'm all for people having opinions...But if your trying to state fact, at LEAST do some research. All you did was assume things from the trailers that nintendo released. Just so you know, it's not based off wind waker, as a matter of fact it wasn't based off of anything.
    Than again i can tell by that FF7 picture in your sig that you MUST know what good games are...i mean, come on...it's final fantasy, GOD of ALL games.
    Geez, even Darth thinks it looks pretty good, and from what i've seen on the forum he's VERY hard to please when it comes to games.

So untill you can back up your claims, don't bother replying. Zelda fan's will swarm this thread in a matter of hours, and unless you have some proof to back up what you say, you'll be fending them off with sticks.

Really, it's your opinion...so idc, but like i said several times already, back it up.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I don't even like the damn series but your sound like a pompus ***. you don't even have evidence to justify your reasoning. you can't start controversy from posts made by a dude with the rationality of a toddler.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    For sake you didn't even use logical reasons for why it will be bad. You just said it looks stupid and gay, which makes you sound like an 11 year old by the way.
    Wow, did you not read the post where I named how it is repetitive, how being a Wolf is a very unoriginal idea, or how it is based off of Wind Waker which isn't that good. Or the fact that they don't add hardly anything to any Zelda game, which has made all of them dull so far. So re-read that post I made an MAYBE you can say something intellegant next time. Not to mention the fact that if it is gonna be stupid and gay it is gonna suck, but I like the detail I made about it too, so enjoy that.

As for the 20 reasons, I know I had them and don't mind naming them, its quite alright. I applaud you challenging me, so you know I'm not jus another person flapping his gums and not knowing what he's saying. So here we go.

1. Talking fish
    2. Talking Boat
    3. No talking hero
    4. Crappy graphics
    5. Very horrible storyline
    6. Until you get the warps, it takes forever to sail to other areas
    7. The hero isn't even Link, but if they weren't gonna have it Link they could make him look different
    8. Hardly any items to use to make it fun, and jus makes it repetitive the whole time.
    9. Like all Zeldas, no ability to jump on your own
    10. No change in the way to get through the dungeons
    11. Still the same old small key, big key, compass, map
    12. Ganandorf even after being defeated over 10 times is still the main enemy of the game
    13. The game is too childish, knowing that there are teen fans they could have adulted it up a little bit
    14. The stupid bird flying thing when you put a fruit on your head, its jus ridiculous.
    15. Lack of goals in the game, you basically only aspire to doing what the game tells you, with no free will of what you want to do.
    16. Side quests are so pathetic, they aren't even worth the effort they take.
    17. The game was also too easy, needing almost no skill to complete the goals.
    18. Poor replay value, once I finished the game I had to urge to finish it again
    19. No imaginative gameplay, its like they ran out of ideas and through everything they denied in all the other games and threw it in this one
    20. Jus poorly constructed, leaving almost no reason to want to beat the game or ever play it again if you are unfortunate to play it the first time

I can give examples of each of those too if you disagree or think that I am jus making it up, so go ahead and test me if you really want.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-23-2006 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Language
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

yes...no can you give us 20 reasons why twilight princess will suck? you know...seeing as how it's based of wind waker...i'll even give you reps if you can list 30 reasons.

I'm sorry MsAeris Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven has a reputation beyond repute Kloud_Seven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Wow Zabi, I must say that your ignorance actually amuses me, thanks.You State that the game is going to be unoriginal and it hasn't even came out yet but maybe your some kind of psychic or something.Also let me add that it is damn near impossible to make a game that is truly original these days.If you think other wise,then maybe you should start createing games smart one.

Social expectations diminish an individual's ability to think as an individual.

Senior Member Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2006 01:34 PM
    Threads

actually i have to agree with garma because i have seen the commercials and the thrillers too and they make the game look like a game a mega-nerd would like to play

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think its unfair to crtiticize a game that is not yet out. Gameplay and storyline is everything, don't go by graphics.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The evidence lies within what is released by nintendo, all you have to do is tyep it in any search engine and you will find info on it. What kind of evidence do you want, I can provide links to this information, and anyone who has played Zelda before can vouch for its lack of original ideas that have been any good. I will admit I did like Ocarina of Time, it was pretty cool. And actually, if you bothered at all to read what the game is about before speaking on this thread, it will tell you that it IS based off of Wind Waker, or atleast that was the information given to me. The same twenty reasons will probably apply to the next game outside of the crappy graphics, but without playing the game I can only leave about a fourth of those on there. But while still giving 5 strong reasons on why the game will suck is more than enough when it hasn't even come out yet, and thus those reasons can be proven quite easily. I would like to thank those who have realized my claims and aren't just assuming the game will be good with just the title Legend of Zelda. Face it, it WILL suck, unless it gets the same features everyone knows and love from the OOT game.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So if we follow your logic, Final Fantasy would suck as well. Final Fantasy is always the same, enemy tries to blow up the world, no riginal characters (Bigs, Wedge and Cid keep comming back every time) no original battle system (always turn based) etc. etc.

Yet, you love Final Fantasy, you even have it in your sig.

Me thinks you need to explain.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I never said I liked ALL Final Fantasy games. Although I play them a lot I do think they are repetitive as well, again always sticking with the TB system. Although the names are the same, the character is different in every way each time just about(although Cid does always appear to be good with aerial machines). Final Fantay 7 is my favorite because of its original story line, and its capability to see past what FF has done in the past, with knights and mages, and in my opinion pulled it off very well. Every story for FF is completly different in the fact that they get brand new characters, brand new themes, and always change something about the gameplay up, whether it be with abilities, gaining experience, or gaining or leveling magic. The Legend of Zelda has hardly set themselves up to be capable of such a change, which is why its laggering as it is. Even side quests for FF hold different prizes other than money or a heart piece, which again makes it far more superior than Zelda could ever be. When it comes to gameplay I don't like it being repetitive, but as long as the story is changed its good by me, but Zelda has no room to do that or it will certaintly fail, which is why Final Fantasy is so much better, and why Zelda can never be as good of a game as FF, for its inability to be flexable or have the ability or chance to change.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was hoping you'd say that story thing, as it just lead you into your own trap. If you take the time to place Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask side by side, you'll see two very different game with very different storylines. Final fantasy.... You're honestly saying you liked the X and X2 storylines?

This proves that Zelda is running out of ideas and at this point is running soley on the name itself.
    Final fantasy is no different, I have yet to see a large change that differs Final Fantasy from any of the others.

Alright people, turning into a werewolf is way beyond gay, and has to be by far the worst element in a Zelda game to date, being also very unimaginative.
    Jolly, and having various of your FF characters turn into monsters is any better? *cough*Vincent*cough*Gau*cough*

------

Now, to counter the twenty points NOTE: I am not a Zelda fan, never have never will be.

1. Talking fish
    Terranigma was a great RPG, and that game had talking plants.

2. Talking Boat
    So? Like talking Chocobo's are any better.

3. No talking hero
    Isaac from Golden Sun doesn't say a word, Chrono from Chrono Trigger doesn't say a word, yet those are brilliant RPG's

4. Crappy graphics
    Just because it's cell shaded? Please.

5. Very horrible storyline
    *shrug* Like X or X2 was any better

6. Until you get the warps, it takes forever to sail to other areas
    If I recall, most Final Fantasy don't even have warp points.

7. The hero isn't even Link, but if they weren't gonna have it Link they could make him look different
    It's called consistency, look it up.

8. Hardly any items to use to make it fun, and jus makes it repetitive the whole time.
    Name one item in Final Fantasy that was 'fun to use' No wait, name one item in Final Fantasy you use.

9. Like all Zeldas, no ability to jump on your own
    And final Fantasy does have that ability? Why would you want a jump? Z-target backflip or Z-target attack works like a charm to me.

10. No change in the way to get through the dungeons
    Final fantasy: No change in the way to get trough the game.

11. Still the same old small key, big key, compass, map
    Final Fantasy: Still the same old fight, leve up, fighe, level up oh look! a boss.

12. Ganandorf even after being defeated over 10 times is still the main enemy of the game
    Just read the Gannondorf versus Sephiroth topic for many many reasons as to why that is so

13. The game is too childish, knowing that there are teen fans they could have adulted it up a little bit
    Point.

14. The stupid bird flying thing when you put a fruit on your head, its jus ridiculous.
    Dressing up like a girl any better? *cough*FF7*cough*

15. Lack of goals in the game, you basically only aspire to doing what the game tells you, with no free will of what you want to do.
    BWAHAHAHA and Final Fantasy does?

16. Side quests are so pathetic, they aren't even worth the effort they take.
    bleagh, maybe not for you.

17. The game was also too easy, needing almost no skill to complete the goals.
    The recent Final Fantasies weren't exactly 'hard' either

18. Poor replay value, once I finished the game I had to urge to finish it again
    Neither did I with Final Fantasy

19. No imaginative gameplay, its like they ran out of ideas and through everything they denied in all the other games and threw it in this one
    turn based battle system, repetitve characters etc. etc. Final Fantasy is plenty much the same again.

20. Jus poorly constructed, leaving almost no reason to want to beat the game or ever play it again if you are unfortunate to play it the first time
    And again *gasp* Final fantasy does the same! No replay at all!

----

as you can see there are a lot of similarities between the 'corny' Legend of Zelda and your beloved Final Fantasy.
    Last edited by red storm; 10-11-2005 at 05:10 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here we go, this is what I like to see, someone challenging me. I must say you have proven some good points, but let me state on record that I hate X and X-2 with a passion, and had stated before I never said I liked ALL FF games. Now even though this isn't a FF thread, I will prove my reasoning that FF hardly even applies to the reasons seeing how it is an rpg, and not an adventure game, that have two totally different styles of playing. But since I'm not tired yet, I will run through them.

1. Talking fish-----Don't care how good the rpg is, talking fishes are just lame
    2. Talking Boat-----again, just gay
    3. No talking hero----Chrono Trigger wasn't that great on an rpg, but thats just my opinion, make another thread if you disagree
    4. Crappy graphics-----The graphics suck because they are pretty much 2-d, signifying a lack of caring when it comes to the look of the game. Granted I have never been a person for graphics over gameplay, but when the gameplay sucks you need something.
    5. Very horrible storyline----FF does infact atleast attempt a new plot everytime, although most of the time its to save the world from someone evil, it is still different. Example of that is from 7 to 8. 7 there is an evil man trying to take over the world, in 8 its a sorceress doing it, but different means are used each time, and new characters that evolve around the story line are introduced, atleast giving it some change.
    6. Until you get the warps, it takes forever to sail to other areas------You don't need warps, you actually get a ship that moves faster than a damn boat
    7. The hero isn't even Link, but if they weren't gonna have it Link they could make him look different----Consistancy is fine, but you need change, it just gets dull to look at after awhile
    8. Hardly any items to use to make it fun, and jus makes it repetitive the whole time.----Again, in an rpg, your character uses the items instead of you, different style of game, different means of playing it. You do however get different magic spells and such each time to use, different summons and weapons also keep the gameplay intreguing and fun.
    9. Like all Zeldas, no ability to jump on your own------Screw holding in Z, I mean jump on your own free will, like Halo or Vice City.
    10. No change in the way to get through the dungeons----Again, its an rpg so you are pretty much stuck with what they give you, unlike Zelda who has plenty of oppertunities to change it up
    11. Still the same old small key, big key, compass, map-----As I said before, unlike Zelda that has the ability to change, FF is an rpg, and doesn't really have the power to do so
    12. Ganandorf even after being defeated over 10 times is still the main enemy of the game------Sephiroth only "died" once, so there is no comparison there
    13. The game is too childish, knowing that there are teen fans they could have adulted it up a little bit-----Thank You
    14. The stupid bird flying thing when you put a fruit on your head, its jus ridiculous. ------Its called humor, lol, its not FF's finest moment but you get some hilarious key items out of it.
    15. Lack of goals in the game, you basically only aspire to doing what the game tells you, with no free will of what you want to do.-----As a matter of fact you have the ability to what you want when you want in FF games, whether its go off and search for treasure with a Chocobo, or fight a summon to obtain it, you don't always have to stick with the story line to progress, which for the 5th time, Zelda could do.
    16. Side quests are so pathetic, they aren't even worth the effort they take.----you gain either rupees or heart pieces, what a shocker. Atleast in FF games there are rare items and spells and weapons to obtain.
    17. The game was also too easy, needing almost no skill to complete the goals. Depends on how good you are, I don't play Zelda yet still breezed through this. If I remember correctly there are still lots of people who haven't beat either Ruby or Emerald weapon.
    18. Poor replay value, once I finished the game I had to urge to finish it again-----FF leaves a lot open to go back and search through, those you only like storylines probably wouldn't play it a second time, but those who wish to complete the game have something to shoot for.
    19. No imaginative gameplay, its like they ran out of ideas and through everything they denied in all the other games and threw it in this one-----Again, X and X-2 sucked and I never said XII was gonna be any better, and I will explain more about what FF I like after this
    20. Jus poorly constructed, leaving almost no reason to want to beat the game or ever play it again if you are unfortunate to play it the first time-----Again, to solve things you didn't find last time around, which in Zelda you either really have to find everything or you can't beat the game, and if you can actually leave something behind the game is a lot more dull without having it.

Ok, I am a personal big fan of FF games 1-9, 7 and tactics being my favorites, but I love most of them all the same. X and X-2 were utter dissappointments and which proves my theory I made before about FF falling too(a post I made a LONG time ago), running out of ideas. Every franchise does it, and since I didn't like either of them games, I didn't buy em, and I am up for insulting those as well. They aren't as similar as you think if you get into specifics, which you obviously didn't take the time to do before copying all my statements and posting them. Remember that there are more FFs than just 7, and unless you actually played the games(I'm assuming you did but just don't remember most) then ask someone first or try to remember before insulting a seriest that has not failed no where near as bad as Zelda. Since this is taking up a lot of space, if you wish to discuss my reasons any further, please PM me so that we aren't taking up too much room and so others can read the simple replies that are given, thank you and am I glad to reply to anyone else who wishes to add in.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Closed Thread

Thread Information