AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The weirdness of religion

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2006 10:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Well I agree with what you say but god gave us free choice. If he was going to do everything for us, he would have created a world of puppets. Did once, now it just sits under his bed. What there is to remember is that, if people believe in something or depend on it, high powers will always manipulate it for their own good, that’s why all my religion is done in myself, not some system which I don't trust.

There is no cowardice in faith
    There is no fear in conviction
    The man who has nothing can still have faith
    The truly wise are always afraid
    Doubt is a sign of weakness
    To question is to doubt
    Perseverance and silence are the highest virtues
    Excuses are the refuge of the weak
    Intolerance is a blessing
    Ignorance and Arrogance are a curse
    Life is a prison, death is a release
    A broad mind lacks focus
    Wisdom is the beginning of fear
    There is no such thing as innocence

i cant do cartwheels poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 03:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RichardE40k
    What annoys me most is that everyone slays Jesus and the Christian faith nowadays, cartoons, music and films. But you say something funny about another religion you get slandered, I HATE political correctness. It has screwed up England terrible. I mean thousands of Muslims are protesting over the cartoons drawn over Mohammed, if people can have a joke about one religion, all should be included. It’s just like whether you call someone deaf or “sound disabled” they still can’t hear what you are saying. It’s really patronising as if people with problems or people from a certain race/culture cant look after themselves, it really makes me sick and its just so stupid.
    u can protest about jesus and stuff its just that not many people care enuff 2
    lots of muslims care alot and are really strict and also feel that they are completely right
    also nobody can be held accountable for other peoples actions you cant say well since theyre allowed to make fun of us we can make fun of them
    samurai deeper kyo!!!

i love it so much!

Senior Member RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k has a spectacular aura about RichardE40k's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well what I am getting at is that if it is socially allowed to be taking fun of the Christian faith; it should be acceptable to joke about all faiths. Well in England it really is as we take fun of everything and anything, it’s the British way, we just don't care but it could change well sort of if these new rules ever get passed which I pray they wont (Even if they do it won’t stop comedians like Connolly, they have failed once so I hope they fail again. I think its very stupid all this protesting, in the future the only people who won’t be able to protest is straight white British male’s lol.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Senior Member neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187 is infamous around these parts neo_wolfwood_187's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2006 09:47 AM
    Threads

Just Call Me An Ex-catholic And You'll Find Out A Lot About Me...
    -NW->

Cute and innocent <3 Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono has a reputation beyond repute Maya Miyazono's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2007 11:23 PM
    Threads

Always about in your own eyes...thats what I don't understand about people. ^^;;

It's very different from your own style but it shouldn't hold the title weird. <3

Sephy Is My Sweet Older Brother~ Lorie Is My Dear Little Sister~ *Huggles*
    *~My Hero is the Sweetest Dearest Angel Chii-chan~*

WelcomeToThunderdomeBetch FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 01:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    Ok who here is astonidhed by the or confused by the christian belief. I for one am confused. I mean lots of it looks possible but i don't know. Like i believe in God and jesus and heaven but the other stuff is just to hard to explain. Genesis 1:1 god created the heavens and the earth in 7 days. I believe that god created it because the question is what created what, but then what created God?
    To answer that God was always there.case close

But for me evolution is a religion that weird just doesn't do it justice.
    Like how its tax supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphire
    as a christian i really dont give a crap for religon god has done me no favors and its seems damn well like he doesnt exsist and if he does he can kiss my [removed]
    lol, why are you a christian!!??! I guess he doesn't believe you exsist either.

By the way to quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by FarEastStyle
    I don't have a religion Im nondenominational, I believe in what the Bible teaches, you can't go wrong following what the Bible teaches because its not changed and water down through the years with religion.

There are to many different religions that have no real meaning.
    It just seprerates people for no reasons but tradition, religion follows tradition.
    -HURAH

Last edited by FarEastStyle; 02-23-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Right first of, the part about the bible not being changed. Yes it has. The bible was written in 3 stages over 1600 years, not all at once. The first (The Torah) written by Moses 1500bc. The second was the scriptures or what we refer to as the Old Testament which was written 400bc. This section was given to the Jews and written very carefully, any mistakes being burned. The next part was written after the death of Jesus Christ around 45ad to 55ad, Jesus dieing in 33ad. Before 300ad the 3 parts were joined making it the bible, new and Old Testament. Then it went through Europe, Middle East, China and it came to England. Now many of our kings have changed it, most famous of which, King James the first. That’s why the most popular bible book is the King James Bible. America got the bible when the pilgrims went over to America because of fear of being persecuted by the British. Now if you are willing to say the bible has not been changed or watered down, you are very ignorant and very blind. Read up on the history before you attack peoples words.

And the other thing about god being always there and knocking evolution, evolution is not a religion, its science. Very ignorant and very stupid people are willing to attack science and call it a religion so there may be a way to say it’s just a belief, I really hate it when people can’t face facts. These people who believe the story of creation and the world is 6000 years old, damn ridiculous. I believe in a god, but I don’t believe in any religion or book. And the thing about god, let people question religion, if we didn’t have people questioning religions, the British church would still rule nearly half the world and we would not have the life saving medicine and cures we have today. ]

Richard.

To question is to doubt
    A broad mind lacks focus

Banned Forum / Chat Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2006 04:41 PM
    Threads

i am not going to critisize anyones beliefs here.
    Overall people do not accept relegion for one reason.
    That they are not perfect, they sin, and they are not always right.
    I know that i make mistakes and i know that I fall short of the glory of God.
    To be a true Christian you have to accpet Jesus into your heart, admit he is savoir, admit that he died for our sins on the cross, And admit that you are a sinner. jesus was the Lamb of God. God loves us so much that he Sacrificed his one and only son too die for our sins. God is Perfect his glory is uncomprehendable, That is one reason why we do not understand *who created god?*.
    So I leave you with this:

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Becuase you can not go to heaven with goodworks, your name will not be found into the book of life and you will burn for eternity in the lake of fire.

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Naaaah! I serve nobody's god. This life is meant to be lived, because you've only got one shot at it. If i have to kill/steal, i will, and feel no regret if it was the right thing to do.
    There is no "Hell" at the end of the tunnel, and ther won't be any "Heaven".
    Do you know why?
    Because life is Heaven AND Hell.
    Even if there was a hell waiting for me in the afterlife, i still wouldn't care. I can face it!
    One life people! One shot! Carpe Dium or Amen ?!?

Banned Forum / Chat Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun is infamous around these parts Qeeun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2006 04:41 PM
    Threads

I am in dismay of your thoughts.
    Hell? You think you are invincible?
    you regret your time here on earth, and like most people blame god or someone else for there problems becuase they are afraid of what they do not understand.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

please dont try to tell someone they are wrong about what they believe... we all have a choice to believe or not....
    for those who do not believe life on earth is all they have
    for those who do believe, life on earth is just a small part of the soul's life
    whether you have no faith or you strongly believe in your God...we all have a choice...

for me...i wait for the day my savior returns and i will walk with him into Heaven

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Kurama's Almighty Filix Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 01:10 PM
    Threads

Well, be a Catholic. I believe in God.
    However, I don't believe in the church's sayings.
    Yes, I do find that this religion, is confusing.
    There is just too much mystery and large gaps, that cannot be explained in words.
    To those who don't believe in God, it's okay.
    Your priority as a person is to believe in what you believe in.
    That's the important thing.
    Hm, have you ever thought of the belief of God this way?
    " People don't believe in God yet they believe in the devil, however the devil fears God."
    Oh, and here's another thing to think about:
    The big bang theory seems logical, but how did the elements get there in the first place, in order to collide? Something or someone must have created the elements.
    Just something for you all to think about.

~The Angel has spoken~
    ~AEK~

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Qeeun
    Hell? You think you are invincible?
    No, but what? Hell isn't the end of the Universe, you know. If i'd go to this "Hell", i could get used to it. How many ppl have "gone to hell" till now? I'd say everyone's gone in hell, cuz they sinned all their lives. You could even "go to hell" for entering this discussion, wich may lead you to "doubt faith".
    It might seem like i'm talking crap, but i'm just saying what religion says: Crap.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The strange part is that some inconsistencies, like the fact that light was created before the sun and the stars actually makes sense. Photons is a "negotiating" particle in the electromagnetic force, and without the electromagnetic force, all matter would disintegrate and fall in on itself, since there would be nothing keeping the subatomic particles apart from eacother, and eventually (actually, rather soon) all matter would turn into black holes.

But for me evolution is a religion that weird just doesn't do it justice.
    Evolution is not a religion, by definition a religion requires belief in some sort of supreme power, a deity, and evolution supports no such assumptions. Evolution is the accepted theory within modern science. If you think you can disprove it (by substantial proof, that is), you're welcome to, and if you do, your theory will replace evolution as the generally accepted theory the way evolution replaced creation in the 19th century.
    Last edited by Eris; 04-02-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, Evolution is an acceptable teory to me, but, still lacks detail. Maybe this Universe didn't evolve from nothing. Maybe it "Just was" all the time. This would explain a lot: "God didn't appear out of nothing, The Universe did." it's a lot more scientifically correct to me.

Think of this: How could something as complex and powerfull as a God Person appear first and be the "Alwas existed"(and then evolve) when something as simple as space would "always exist" first (and then evolve).

Senior Member Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2006 01:09 PM
    Threads

I think all religions are completely redicules and make no sense, when you die
    theres no after life no better place nothing. religion is just a false hope created by an over active human imagination. I say there is no god.
    Last edited by Knight_of_NI; 04-02-2006 at 06:37 PM.

The Few the Proud the Marines
    www.Marines.com

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!
    Well, Evolution is an acceptable teory to me, but, still lacks detail. Maybe this Universe didn't evolve from nothing. Maybe it "Just was" all the time. This would explain a lot: "God didn't appear out of nothing, The Universe did." it's a lot more scientifically correct to me.

Think of this: How could something as complex and powerfull as a God Person appear first and be the "Alwas existed"(and then evolve) when something as simple as space would "always exist" first (and then evolve).
    Evolution isn't a theory about the development of the universe, but one about the development of life.

WelcomeToThunderdomeBetch FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 01:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Evolution is not a religion, by definition a religion requires belief in some sort of supreme power, a deity, and evolution supports no such assumptions. Evolution is the accepted theory within modern science. If you think you can disprove it (by substantial proof, that is), you're welcome to, and if you do, your theory will replace evolution as the generally accepted theory the way evolution replaced creation in the 19th century.
    By this definition, “Belief” that everything came from a big bang, “Belief” that matter somehow organized itself, “Belief” that matter somehow produced life on its own, “Belief” that this life form learned how to reproduce itself, “Beliefthat this life form learned how to produce something other than its kind, also does not belong in the science curriculum since no experiments, data or verification exists for any of these.

Why on earth would anyone want to allow lies in the textbooks that are used to support one particular theory? If the theory of evolution is true, then the evidence should show it.True science has nothing to fear from scrutiny.

When something, such as the teaching that the embryo has gill slits, (which has been proven wrong since 1875), is still in your textbooks, it is past time to remove that!

Final thought
    I won't reply anymore after this

About 60% of the American population does not believe that the Earth is billions of years old nor could such an idea be proven scientifically. Why should only your minority view be taught?

Nuff said.

Keeper Of Dreams ♪ Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara has a reputation beyond repute Miyukara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2009 03:03 AM
    Threads

And really, everyone 'believes' in something, even if they believe in not believing in a god, or if they believe in the big bang, etc. So everyone has belief.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

I don't ever remember being taught an embryo has gill slits unless it was a fish...and I took some classes in genetics. Perhaps they called it something different. Whatever the case, they have seen how an embryo develops so... I think what Dieselmannen is trying to point out is just because you believe in something doesn't make it a religion. I believe that rain is necessary for life, but that does not make it a religion. I may even believe that I am a lucky or unlucky person and believe I can prove it through events in my life, but again that does not make my belief a religion. The idea about the "big bang" is not a religion because it does not ask what created or caused the big bang. It is only a theory that seeks to explain events that happened after its occurrance.

Whether you believe in it or not, the big bang does not answer the question why or where, it only attempts to answer how and to an extent when. Everything in science is like this and is constantly changed when new information is proved. You have to start somewhere...just look at history. Whether you believe we evolved from stardust or that a diety created us, we tried to make sense of our world. We formed our own ideas and theories and tested them and when new ideas were tested that made more sense or worked better, we accepted those as the new science. But deciding that metal made more efficient arrow tips than stone was not religous.

I have never heard a scientist claim that their theory is the only and certain way something in the universe exists. They just state it as fact because that is the easiest to understand. Saying gravity is a theory makes studying gravity more difficult because you are not giving yourself any baseline to compare or test against. It doesn't mean if new information proves gravity does not exist that you will deny it, it just means you are taking what you DO know, whether you understand all the aspects of it or not, and going from there.

Besides, when did this turn into an argument of evolution in textbooks vs. religion in textbooks? Belief systems are complicated enough without arguing seemantics. Ironically it is one of the things that causes more anger, confusion and separateness amongst humanity and yet it is also one of the most common traditions amongst us.
    Last edited by akiko_kalla; 04-03-2006 at 12:32 AM.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The biggest problem I have, as an Agnostic, when arguing about religion with the religious folks is this.

They always assume they are right without evidence. They don't even skip a beat when you ask them how their religion is better founded in truth than others. To my point of view, Buddhism is as well founded as Scientology, and Christianity. Likewise, dead religions like Greek and Zoroaster aren't invalid because no one is around to worship them. All are roughly as well founded. Any or all may very well be correct. I could neither prove nor disprove them.

What really bugs me is when people assume that Scientists have the same certainty in things like Evolution. Science works like this: It's testable, or it isn't true. One failed test, if reproducible, means that the hypothesis goes back to the drawing board. The whole point of science is to embrace in the fact that any ones theory, if demonstratibly incorrect, is gone. It’s a search for truth using things previously shown to be true. You would not want to have to go back and re-prove your hypotheses just because that bozo Einstein forgot to check his equations. Science works fundamentally different than a religion. A Prophet finds truth and tells all to adhere. A Scientist finds truth and tells all to find better.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

By this definition, “Belief” that everything came from a big bang, “Belief” that matter somehow organized itself, “Belief” that matter somehow produced life on its own, “Belief” that this life form learned how to reproduce itself, “Beliefthat this life form learned how to produce something other than its kind, also does not belong in the science curriculum since no experiments, data or verification exists for any of these.

Why on earth would anyone want to allow lies in the textbooks that are used to support one particular theory? If the theory of evolution is true, then the evidence should show it.True science has nothing to fear from scrutiny.

When something, such as the teaching that the embryo has gill slits, (which has been proven wrong since 1875), is still in your textbooks, it is past time to remove that!

Final thought
    I won't reply anymore after this

About 60% of the American population does not believe that the Earth is billions of years old nor could such an idea be proven scientifically. Why should only your minority view be taught?

Nuff said.

Will you PLEASE cease in your incessant switching of colors? It makes your text bleeding impossible to read, and even harder to quote.

Big bang does make sense, from a scientific point of view: While scientific acceptance of a theory doesen't necessarily require it to have absolute proof, but rather be the most plausible theory. In this case, big bang makes sense from multiple scieitific points of views, ranging from astronomy to quantum physics. Look at it the other way; there is little to no alternative scientific theory with any sort of empirical evidence supporting it.

If the majority of the american population truly believes that the earth is 8000 years old, I'm truly sorry for the ignorance that has spread in your country. That makes no sense what so ever. How do you explain C14-dated fossiles that are older than 8000 years? Pre-Homo Sapiens humanoid skulls, dinosaurs?

Creation of a planet the size of ours requires revidation of the very foundation of our science, the first law of thermodynamics(that states that energy can nor be created or destroyed), that this far has been immutable and the basis of a huge portion of what we today call physics would have to be changed.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!
    Well, Evolution is an acceptable teory to me, but, still lacks detail.
    Darwin's theory lacks detail?! hahahahahaha...ahem...
    my friend, read his journals and essays and then comment on his theory.
    Darwin was meticulous with his details that is why the scientific community accepted his work and theory.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No ! No no no! That's NOT what i meant!
    Darwin's theory is hypothetical !!!
    When i read the other post and Dieselmannen's, Dieseselmannen mentioned the universe, so... i was reffering to the evolution of the universe (expansion, self-creation or whatever the hell u call it!!!) not of life. Dieselmannen already corrected my use of the word, at least he understood that.

Member Evo-Forsakengod is on a distinguished road Evo-Forsakengod's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2006 12:22 PM
    Threads

Read the book of Job, it talks about a fire breathing creature called a Laviathan and two, God Just was there. 75% of the bible has been true and the founders of almost every other religion was aressted, killed for somethin, but Jesus was wrongly crucified and the Roman leaders knew that, But it was predicted since the beggining of time that he would be, So yeah there WERE Dragons and the Bible is real and true.
    Mess with the Best.Die like the rest.

don't click this link...

Please gimme a good rep and if there is anyone out there that is good at making siggy's please make me one that has a dark yet an attractive guy with a dark background with my name in fancy lettering at the bottom and my slogan too. ^.^

Closed Thread

Thread Information