AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Question about animal testing. ALTERNATE TITLE: PETA is full of B.S.

Senior Member Pudding is an unknown quantity at this point Pudding's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2006 08:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Question about animal testing. ALTERNATE TITLE: PETA is full of B.S.

Recently, I've been visiting ConsumerFreedom.com and I've been... enlightened, I guess. I am very against People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals now, so I guess their site is very convincing. This was only, what, one or two weeks ago that I first came to this site? And already, I went from being for PETA and knowing nothing about it to hating PETA and knowing a little more of the huge amount of information that is still left to be read. I've all of a sudden become very.... passionate about it. And it's weird.

But anywayz (back to the casual talk, loves), my cousin and I just got into a debate when I read to her this quote:

And she said she understood. And I was stunned. D, my cousin, isn't the kind of person who usually sticks up for the animal rights activists side so I was... shocked that she wasn't shocked. I even translated into French for my cousin, L, to be able to read easily and she had a steady reaction. But D stood by her word and we started to debate it.

She said she thought it was wrong to use animals to test cures for AIDS and I said that it was only lab mice and rats. She thinks that they have to inject AIDS into the mice and I said that it's impossible to give AIDS to a mice. I mean it is a human sexually transmitted disease; how could it be given to a mouse? But I can't really stand by that point, now can I? So I came to you guys!

My question is, "How do scientists test lab mice for AIDS cures among others?"
    And another question is, "Do they normally test on other animals besides rodents?"

Love you guys if you've got a straight answer to this. And a link to a site supporting what you have to say (preferrably not too biased) is sorta, kinda needed. D won't believe me otherwise.

Hey, is this considered ranting?
    Mint: Pudding, you're so beyond immature.
    Pudding: It's not my fault. I've been infused with the DHA of a golden lion tamarin.
    Lettuce: Not DHA, Pudding. You mean DNA.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

using animals for curing humans? what is animals used human for curing?
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

I think you've got a right to rant about PETA. They are so full of crap. You've basically said alot of what I wanted to say, so I'm not going to get inot it, but I will say this. I can't wait until eco-terrorists throw a bucket of pig blood on someone who isn't afraid to kill them. Most of the people they do it to are just going to stand around and sceam, but eventually someone's gonna take thier heads off.

Oh, and also, Keitaru-san, try to stay a little better informed.
    Last edited by katrina_survivor; 10-06-2005 at 07:03 PM.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

National Alchemist Kisho will become famous soon enough Kisho's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 04:54 PM
    Threads

Im all for keeping animals safe from unnecessary testing. But i believe that for advances in medicine. It's totally necessary.

PETA of course, always will, and always has been. Wayy out there.

We're all the same...

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yes, it is possible to infect an animal with AIDS, but their natural lifespan usually wouldn't allow the HIV viri to develop into AIDS.

PETA stands for a good cause, because there are some REALLY outrageous tests that have been performed on animals that billow anger inside me, just wanting to explode out of every pore and hole on my body. BUT, is this REALLY cruel? I mean, rats reproduce REALLY fast, and even if the method was cruel, should we shun a cure to the biggest STD troubling the world because maybe 100 mice were killed?

100 mice for around 1 million people? Screw the rats, I say cure AIDS.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

Its kind of like stem cell research. People don't want it because it is "immorally wrong". Yeah, well guess what, we can possibly replenish amputated body parts, and cure AIDS with it. Frankly, i'm willing to let a few animals(keep in mind they're mostly mice) go so that we can help cure some REALLY big issues like AIDS.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

If I could say one thing to PETA, it would be, "Dogs are so cute and hugable and they taste soooo good."

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

One thing that I know off the top of my head is that we get anti-venom cures by injecting sheep with various animal vemons and then removing the anti-bodies.

PETA is just really annoying. They would sacrifice human life for an animal that I probably hit with my car on the way to work today...

I'll be looking up more info on this, I need to dig up my old speech class notecards, this was one of the debates I did.

Closed Thread

Thread Information