AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would you...if you had to?

Forever lost... 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00 is infamous around these parts 00Hellsing00's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2006 03:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

It is never easy to make these choices really , however i would pull the plug. I think they would find more happiness and peace in passing on , rather than lying in a coma like state , totally uable to move...

I hate such decisions..
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    **I have screamed till my veins collapse , I have waited out as my time's elapse..now all i do is live with so much hate...**

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

If you had only one leg and the only way you could get around was hopping on your one good leg and they made all sorts of hopping illegal... would you still be able to mobilize, and if so how?

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

You'd ask Lon to theorize it and then later make a nice thread about it.

That's the solution to everything in the universe.
    And 42 is no longer the answer. Lon is.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lon's the answer to rediculous riddles. Like..

Who was the man who had no time on his hands, yet still was able to think up rediculous threads?
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

back to the old Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

If there was absolutly no way they would recover I'd pull the plus and ask them to let him/her to die by another way instead of starvation.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I'm tempted to live my life as a vegatable. I wonder what'd it'd be like.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Ich liebe dich ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____ has a reputation beyond repute ____'s Avatar
    Gil
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 05:47 PM
    Threads

I was in kind of a situation like this. My grandmother was living on life support and all that. All she could do was stay in bed and be in a lot of pain. We decided to let her go. She agreed and was happy that we did that.
    So yeah, I guess I would. However, it depends on the situation. But most likely yes. I'd let them go.

Demon God of Discord Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark is just really nice Chaos Master Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2006 09:53 PM
    So far in my mind all the doors say "EXIT"
    Threads

It is the laws of time.
    the ones to die, die wheather humans interfere or not.
    Death is only a matter of time.

Senior Member Teh Donny Koro is on a distinguished road Teh Donny Koro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2005 09:45 AM
    Threads

I'd pull the plug. No use in letting them suffer that agony. Unless it was my worthless ex-boyfriend, or my uncle. Them, I keep on the life support JUST so they could suffer.

Shaman Sister - Touzokuoh

Member of special taskforce A.S.I.A.N, an elite group dedicated to spreading the Asian infulence and awareness across the globe-If you haven't noticed us yet, then we are doing our job

If you want join the cause, copy & paste the green text above and join the fight!

Junior Member Light Galaxia Kitten is on a distinguished road Light Galaxia Kitten's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

I'd take care of them for the rest of the day.. and then pull the plug.

mankowski. LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 004 - Charmander LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Pizza
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2011 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    If you had only one leg and the only way you could get around was hopping on your one good leg and they made all sorts of hopping illegal... would you still be able to mobilize, and if so how?
    As this question is a lot more thought provoking and interesting, I'd have to say that rolling is my choice of transportation.

Can you make more threads Aaron? I need questions and threads that make me think. Especially deep ones.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, "Probably because of something you did."

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

Pull the plug. This happened recently, although it was to one of a good friend's mother, who had treated me like her own kid for the fifteen years I had known her. She died of cancer rather quickly, as it was everywhere and spreading quickly. Pull it, and let them go.

propery of SamuraiGirl13 Raimego will become famous soon enough Raimego will become famous soon enough Raimego's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2006 04:51 PM
    Threads

iF I HAD SITUATION LIKE THAT, I WOULD HAVE TO LET THE DOCTORS PULL THE PLUG BECAUSE THE PERSON THAT IS SUFFERING CAN'T LIVE ANY MORE. iT IS SAD SITUATION.
    Be cool!

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

i KNOW i DON'T THINK ANYONE SANE WOULD LET THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS SUFFER. mAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THOSE WHO DO THAT. iNCIDENTALLY MY CAPS LOCK?

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

pull the plug...1. why should they have to live if they are immoble, constantly connected to a machine, and suffering? its just cruelty to keep a person in that state.. 2. Money....although it does not matter anywhere near as much as the first reason, it is still a factor.....it costs a lot of money to keep a person on life-support, and it could easily put a family member into debt...the way i see it, the person who is on life-support would most likely be dead at that point anyway, and their family should be able to live their lives to the extent they can, and not be held back by a near-dead, suffering relative?....

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name

prosthetic leg....it is really a half-way science, but non the less, still very helpful....now, with some stem cells, it would be possible to make a whole new leg, but thats a whole other issue in itself....
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 10-06-2005 at 09:02 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

.k.i.s.S. japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 01:56 AM
    Threads

dont pull it...i hate it...i probably bear with it...and besides im AGAINST EUTHANASIA!!! what if he/she will actually live and ive pulled the plug...tsk tsk...

Mortals don't have the roghts to take another mortal's lives...but only God can do it...

Senior Member Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san has a reputation beyond repute Anna-san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2008 06:06 AM
    Threads

I don't really know... If they can talk, I'll ask them what path they want to take. If they can't... well... I'll wouldn't pull it... I'll regret it later.

Junior Member Garrett is on a distinguished road Garrett's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2005 01:19 AM
    Threads

Ultimately in the end, everyone has their own opinions and values towards the value of death over life. Most people are inclined to let a suffering member of the family move on instead of remain on earth and suffer, but what if whatever is after life is more painful than life itself. What if you become reincarnated and relive another life, re-experiencing everything you did in your previous life without the knowledge of it.

Maybe people want to let suffering family members "go" to put THEMSELVES at ease so they don't have to sit there watching them suffer day in and day out.

Ultimately in the ned, I would also be inclined to end the life of the person, hoping that they might find peace in an afterlife of sorts.

Luckily, I have never been in that situation before, and my sympathy goes out to all who have.
    Step Without Sound,
    Kill Without Emotion,
    Leave Without Trace.

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

Lets cut out the insults a little bit guys. Thanks

Angel of Death ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime has a reputation beyond repute ladyanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2007 10:34 PM
    Threads

I would take them off life support if they were suffering from a disease that was compleatly incurable...(aids,hepatitus...bad things like that...these are the only thing comming to mind)

• Misa family in misa journal

Member Ayame chan can only hope to improve Ayame chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2006 04:23 PM
    Threads

i could never kill any1 close to me.

MY HERO!!!

Senior Member Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2009 11:29 PM
    Threads

hmmmm.....decisions...decisions.......I was in this posision.....with my uncle, he got shot in the head. He was alive but not with his own mentallity, my father had to choose. He disconnected the plug. But if it was my choice.....wait...if it was my father........I wouldnt pull the plug.......I would shoot him three times with his own gun...then pull the plug myself...and I will consider it murder....

Senior Member Feenie is on a distinguished road Feenie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 08:09 PM
    Threads

Hate to sound insensitive, but I'd pull the plug personally if I had to choose, and I'd do without regrets. Lets face it, who really wants to be a vegtable?

PLEASE DONT ASK ABOUT THE NAME.

Family is in my Journal

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I echo Ami~chan's beliefs WHOLE heartedly. EXACTLY what my views are on this subject. I've already thought about it, and I'd let my family members die and go to a "better place" as many religious folks say. I just don't think it's HARDLY any FAIR to keep your relative in pain for the rest of their natural life.

Letting them off the machines doesn't have ANYTHING to do with spite, or cruelty. If you had lukemia, and HAD to sit in a hospital bed for the REST OF YOUR LIFE? I know I wouldn't. You're just a breathing corpse, and there's no point to it.

No have cash Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th is infamous around these parts Edward Tivrusky/4th's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2006 09:14 PM
    Threads

I would have them pull the plug so they would feel no pain

Closed Thread

Thread Information