AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: In Memory, don't drink and drive

Senior Member Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Be Mine Heart Art Tools
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2015 02:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: catalystqueen

Default In Memory, don't drink and drive

My friend Ryoko just died in a car accident a couple of days ago (read my siggy) due to drinking and driving. so i made this livejournal community dedicated to her. If you had a friend who died from drinking and driving or dissagree with it, then join it...or post about it here on this thread.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/no_drink_drive1/

Made by me!

"See? We met again, like we promised."

I miss you guys. <3

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

ok I will join it soon I promise because I have had two friends of mine who died in a car accident because of the same thing
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

~Let Me Be Your Wings~ Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2008 10:07 AM
    Threads

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope things are going ok for you and you are doing well, along with your friends' family and friends. I will join as well because drinking and driving is such a serious and important issue for me.

Luv Angel Eyes
    Angel Eyes=Huggle Faerie (Need a huggle? Just ask)~Loving Fiance~PM's Lil' Darling~Crazed & obsessed Anime/Manga Fanatic~Tea drinker extradordinaire
    ^_^ ^_~ =^_^=
    Look~Listen~Laugh~Love~Smile

Quote~"I turned him into a cat, I am so sorry!"~Torhu;Fruits Basket
    Quote~"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"~ Adam;Mythbusters

Member Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail will become famous soon enough Rune Wisemail's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2005 06:15 PM
    Threads

I've also lost a good friend to drunk driving back in 2003. I knew him since I was seven and was a very close friend of mine. All three passengers were killed, but the driver, Sean Larimer, survived. So, yeah. I hope that all of you reading this are intelligent enough to know that you never drive drunk. Ever. Especially with people in the car with you.

Senior Member WatermelonX will become famous soon enough WatermelonX will become famous soon enough WatermelonX's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads

I'm sorry to hear about that. I joined your community, as I have experienced loss of a friend due to drink and driving. Car crashed into tree, tree penetrated through car. Ugh...

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

My nephew was hit by a drunk driver. He was younger than three years of age.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    Threads

You know, the best way not to drink and drive is to not drink at all. You choose to drink, then you choose to die. Whether it be by impaired driving, alcohol poisoning, or death by vigilante, the fact remains: Alchohol kills.
    I hope that everyone who abuses alcohol suffers a horrible death.

Anyway, you failed to mention if your friend was the one drinking and driving or is he/she was an innocent bystander.
    If he/she was an innocent in this, and by innocent I mean in no was affiliated with the inoxicated driver, then their death is truly regretful. However, if your friend was the one drinking and driving, their demise was justly deserved. I am not trying to sound mean here, but drinking and driving is a serious offense and should not be forgiven. I sincerely hope your friend was an innocent in this.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's really sad..
    I hate alcohol for what it does, it's just like any other bad drug.
    I've never lost anyone I know in a drink-drive accident, but I know some people that has been really lucky and survived..
    I live in Switzerland!

B00ger's Special Fwend! Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary has a reputation beyond repute Vagary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2009 08:45 AM
    Threads

I hate people who drink and drive. I've had some bad experiences with drunk drivers, and I was so close to death, it's not even funny.
    * - - - -][ LOVE ME ][ - - - - *
    * - - - -][HATE ME][ - - - - *

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Mana
    You know, the best way not to drink and drive is to not drink at all. You choose to drink, then you choose to die. Whether it be by impaired driving, alcohol poisoning, or death by vigilante, the fact remains: Alchohol kills.
    I hope that everyone who abuses alcohol suffers a horrible death.
    Er eh? O_o;
    You could also say the best way not to drink and drive is not to drive at all. Cars kill more people then alcohol by any measure. After all by getting behind the wheel of a multi-ton vehicle you are choosing to die. Isn't that right?

Alcohol can be abused, and it should not be abused. There are reasons why there is a drinking age. But alcohol is not unhealthy either. In moderation it can prevent heart attacks. In excess it can kill.
    Everything is a poision when taken in extreme amounts.
    I wouldn't go so far as to proclaim myself a judge of mankind and hoping painfull death to those who drink in excess. It is interesting that you would.

Also what in the world is death by "vigilante"?

Your rants don't have much place here honestly. Drunk driving is a crime, and claims many lives. It is always horrific to deal with its' aftereffects, and people who do drink and drive should be locked away.
    I have the deepest sympathy for people who have been affected by this. Myself, I spent two years working in an emergency room, and have seen first hand the results of such accidents. I have the highest contempt for the people who chose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated, but I wouldn't wish death on them either.

Mononoke Hime SilentKitty is on a distinguished road SilentKitty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2006 06:31 PM
    Threads

Er eh? O_o;
    You could also say the best way not to drink and drive is not to drive at all. Cars kill more people then alcohol by any measure. After all by getting behind the wheel of a multi-ton vehicle you are choosing to die. Isn't that right?
    I agree with that statement, whether or not you were serious ^^. I can still remember the first few times I drove a car - it has always seemed a very silly thing to do, and still have doubts as to whether I'm really confident enough to take others' lives (and my own) into my hands - a quickly moving ton of plastic, glass, and steel is a deathtrap, no matter how much work into "safety" the auto manufacturers put into it.

...And SUV's.. I really don't understand the concept of a really big car that can roll over really easily *that's supposed to hold a family*?

But eh - I suppose that isn't the point - talking about what caused your loss can help prevent those kinds of things from happening in the future, but it won't bring back your friend.

It's interesting - the school I went to subscribed to a program called "every fifteen minutes", which showed twice while i was there; it was devoted entirely to trying to educate teens about drinking and driving.

Most of the stuff they did was really cheesy, but it left an impression all the same, especially the second time, when someone in the school had just been killed by a drunk driver. It's always easier to empathise with problems when they'er personal.

DLF, I'm very sorry to hear that your friend died. It's always difficult to deal with the loss of someone; even years later, you think back and wonder what differences your life (or theirs!) might have led if they hadn't died. My most sincere condolences to you, your friend, and their family.

Aces High Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

I'm sorry about what happened, DLF. Drinking and Drving is a major hazard to many. It's also pretty much retarded to do that, regardless. But unfortantly it happens so there really can't be anything to be done but to pray and hope.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just can't believe it...it's...
    *hugs*
    I'll post there when I get a chance later this week.
    I'm sorry to hear that she was drinking and driving, but not as sorry as to hear that it cost her her life.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop has a reputation beyond repute Bubblegum Pop's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Be Mine Heart Art Tools
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2015 02:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: catalystqueen

Thanks everyone, i don't know how it all happened really. All i know is that she was coming from a party, and she was drinking heavly. I don't know if anyone else was hurt. I just wish i had a chance to say goodbye or something....

Made by me!

"See? We met again, like we promised."

I miss you guys. <3

Love slave SamuraiGirl13 has a spectacular aura about SamuraiGirl13 has a spectacular aura about SamuraiGirl13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2006 09:27 AM
    Threads

It's so sad. I haven't known anyone who drank, drove, and died (at least that I know of), but I do know what it's like to know someone who died because of their own foolishness. My heart goes out to you and your friend's friends and family. I hope that you start to heal soon. Remember and I know this sounds heartless: Just because she died doesn't mean you can't live.
    My family is in my journal

Awesome avatar above is made by Risky.

Above made by Sumomo1

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace
    Er eh? O_o;

Alcohol can be abused, and it should not be abused. There are reasons why there is a drinking age. But alcohol is not unhealthy either. In moderation it can prevent heart attacks. In excess it can kill.
    Everything is a poision when taken in extreme amounts.
    I wouldn't go so far as to proclaim myself a judge of mankind and hoping painfull death to those who drink in excess. It is interesting that you would.

Also what in the world is death by "vigilante"?

Your rants don't have much place here honestly. Drunk driving is a crime, and claims many lives. It is always horrific to deal with its' aftereffects, and people who do drink and drive should be locked away.
    I have the deepest sympathy for people who have been affected by this. Myself, I spent two years working in an emergency room, and have seen first hand the results of such accidents. I have the highest contempt for the people who chose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated, but I wouldn't wish death on them either.
    Nice response, I enjoyed it, heh.
    Anyway, I don't like driving. I don't know why, it is simply no fun for me. I prefer the bus. I could go for a chauffeur, but I'm not loaded so that is out.
    Anyway, I think that drinking it far more stupid that simply driving. As for alcohol being healthy, well people don't exactly use it for that purpose now do they? If people used alcohol for the sole purpose of healing themselves, I would promote it. The problem is that people are so incredibley stupid. They drink themselves stupid! I must ask: Why? Depression, who cares, get over it you feeble wretches. Taste, tch, having never tasted alcohol I can't comment on that but many things that feel good are bad for you.
    At any rate I could rant for ages on how everyone who drinks alcohol should die, but I shan't. If drunks get killed in car crashes, then that is excellent for me. On death closer to purging the world of idiocy. I am aware that I may sound inhumane to many people, but hey, since when are humans so great anyway?
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation shadow25 is infamous around these parts shadow25's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2005 12:56 PM
    Threads

wishing death upon someone is the worst possible thing you can do. Even the people i hate with a passion i don't wish death upon them i simply want to get away from them until they straighten up. My parents said if i drink call home and say i'm staying somewhere or i need a ride they said i'd get in trouble but i'd be worse off trying to drive home while drunk and i don't plan on drinking and driving but i'm sure once i hit the drinking age i will drink every now and then.

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

i heard what happened after Pyscho Jimbo from The lair told me. its really sad
    though i see her around the forum,but dont know her. But alot have been
    sad about it. They made a funeral thread for her on the forum. Its crazy that
    the driving age in canada is 15 in some provinces, which is young.because some drink at that age to.

i dont like driving, even if im the only in my family who doesnt.O_o

Forever angel floating on a cloud

.k.i.s.S. japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 01:56 AM
    Threads

true...condolense and im sowee for wut had happened to your friend

Mr. 4th of July's Lady Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko has a reputation beyond repute Mistress Koneko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 09:31 PM
    Threads

I'm sorry to hear about Ryoko's death. I haven't had anyone close to me die from drunk driving. My deepest sympathies go out to you, her family and everyone who knew her.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

i had a close friend die from drunk driving...my friend yisnel "spikey" was with a drunk friend who crashed into a light pole....none of them were waering seatbelts,so spikey flew out the front window,died instantly.
    i know how it feels,and its still hurts when i see pictures of him,so my heart goes out to you

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||