AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chi and dark chii

Senior Member Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2008 09:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Chi and dark chii

hello, long time no see you guyz (miss pooky, Xian pu and many more). miss you guyz.. too long I stopped making walls. so many probs.

I really like dark chii a.k.a Freya, and, I only found few wall's for her in the net. So, I've decided to make one dark chii walls.
    It's really hard to extract the pics though, but there's no other dark chii scans that suits my needs, I take this one.

this is first time I making walls with charcter in the middle, pretty tough for me, so, I need you guyz idea... I know the bg sucks... plz help me. don't rate it! I need ideas.

edit :
    not to forget, escaflownmoon, candy-chan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	darkchiiwallpaper.JPG‎
Views:	311
Size:	617.3 KB
ID:	6846  
    Last edited by Animousflavista; 09-18-2005 at 01:36 AM.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Hey stranger, long time no see. Too bad you stopped making walls cause you always had a knack for it. Anyway, I like this one but the BG is kinda plain; but it seems to match the characters. Good job.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Senior Member Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

good jobb...eh?? nehh.. I don't think so, coz I kinda dislike the bg. I found color that match, but dont know how to use it..

p/s : stranger eh? no wonder coz I didn't visit this forum for about 1 1/2 years.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

will it work if I using some real pics for the bg? any suggestion?

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

If you can find a good stock photo that seems to match the characters, then yeah it'd work. When you find the 'correct' photo for the girls, run some filters through it to get it and the scan to match as best as possible.

http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=s&c=113

There, browse that site, you might find something that works.

BTW you have to be a member to fully download the images. So yeah, find an image that fits the girls, and work on it until they match as best as possible. If you have to run some filters through the girls.

Have fun.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

how about a gothic castle or church background? im imagining photo editing: a photo, grunged up, maybe some scratches, maybe sepia tones.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I tried out nature background with some sephia tones. this is what I get. I try to put some light (like coming from up from the tree) but didn't work well though..

Name:	darkchiiwallpaper2.jpg‎
Views:	135
Size:	831.8 KB
ID:	6853  
    Last edited by Animousflavista; 09-18-2005 at 06:08 AM.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

it looks much better, IMO. I do like the background and the colors, but the light beams need a little more work. how about making them a bit more blurred?

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

err..what kind of blur?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I've try gaussian blur, and blend it using Overlay. I think it works. anymore suggestion?

Name:	darkchiiwallpaperve22.jpg‎
Views:	114
Size:	817.9 KB
ID:	6857  
    Last edited by Animousflavista; 09-18-2005 at 08:16 AM.

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

I love Chobits.

Newayz, I think it would look better without that text, because text usually looks better when it's not on a picture (especially the title picture. You know, what attention should be to, and is the main idea in the wallpaper), but rather on the background. I love the background, however. Also, I think the parts where you re-did Dark Chii, the little frilly things or whatever they are, it doesn't really look good, and it's contanstly drawing my attention. I could extract the picture, I'm very good.

Sorry, but I'm trying to help. ^_^;
    Last edited by shi_amai; 09-24-2005 at 06:18 PM.

The Poikylotechne akachan will become famous soon enough akachan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 10:40 AM
    italy...I'm a train-addicted, I live both near Milan and near Rome...
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

for the rays, duplicate that layer and set it to screen with a 30-50%
    can you remove that bar on the top? it's sooo >_< ^_^. mhh you put watercolor right? I think it would fit better a paint smudge(mhhh i don't remember the name, btw it's an artistic filter)filtered and duplicated..
    welcome back animous! XD
    **Illuminated Spirits member**
    rem tene, verba sequentur (Cato)

Most Powerful Princess princess_comit has a spectacular aura about princess_comit has a spectacular aura about princess_comit has a spectacular aura about princess_comit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2005 07:53 AM
    ~*~\m/^.^in front of the computer and in the part of the philippines^.^~*~
    Threads

hi there

or

EVIL OR GOOD

NeEd SoMe FaMiLy? JuSt Pm Me!

Are You Alone? Just PM Me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by shi_amai
    I love Chobits.

Newayz, I think it would look better without that text, because text usually looks better when it's not on a picture (especially the title picture. You know, what attention should be to, and is the main idea in the wallpaper), but rather on the background. I love the background, however. Also, I think the parts where you re-did Dark Chii, the little frilly things or whatever they are, it doesn't really look good, and it's contanstly drawing my attention. I could extract the picture, I'm very good.

Sorry, but I'm trying to help. ^_^;
    Huhu, you noticed it? yeah, it keeps drawing my attention, and of course I didn't like it...
    Actually I extract the character form a calendar. Chi is in good condition, but Freya hair and skirts is covered with text. pretty hard for me(cause this is my first time extract pics that has text), but, because I like the pics, I tried to extract it.
    If you want to help extracting the pics, huhu, thanx a lot. I'm waiting for it!! and, after that teach me how you do it, okay?

Remove the text? hmm... I like the text, but if you said so... okay, I removed it.

The black lines actually is for covering the character bottom. I put it at bottom and at the top to balance the walls.

For the bg, I put many effects, but I dont' remember what I'm using....hehe. Anyway, I'll try to do what you said when I'm back home.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Forgot to say, about the bg, to make the wall's focus to the text "Chi and Dark Chii", I've put 2 trees at back there...hehe. So, If I removed the text, should I removed the trees also?

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the wallpaper how it is minus the text, if those are the trees you are talking about.

Pink is the new Pooky

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan
    I like the wallpaper how it is minus the text, if those are the trees you are talking about.
    noticed two tress back there, the big and small dark brown trees? that is the tree that I talking about. It's not a part of the forest bg back there, and it can be removed.

If I removed the text, should I removed the trees?

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well if you want me to try a shot at the extraction then send me the picture, and I'll see what I can do.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

thisis the original pics.

Name:	Chobits_2003_v1_12.jpg‎
Views:	116
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	6954  

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I've fix some extraction, done the smudge sticks effects (is this what you mean, akachan?), removed the text, and the Black lines....

p/s : owh...I really like the text...

Name:	darkchiiwallpaper2.JPG‎
Views:	105
Size:	568.7 KB
ID:	6955  

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

O_O Wow, you actually did REALLY good at extraction, considering how the original picture is. Sorry, but I'm not too good at working around things that are on the picture that are not wanted. ^_^; How exactly did you work around it and get rid of it while making it look like it was never there?

I understand you liked the text, but it just doesn't look like standing there in the middle of the picture, on Chii and Freya. I mean, if you could make it so it wasn't floating or something, I'm sure it'd be fine.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I understand you liked the text, but it just doesn't look like standing there in the middle of the picture, on Chii and Freya. I mean, if you could make it so it wasn't floating or something, I'm sure it'd be fine.
    hmm... floating? so, If we want to put text on our wall's, make sure it blend to the bg, isn't it? ok. I got it.

O_O Wow, you actually did REALLY good at extraction, considering how the original picture is. Sorry, but I'm not too good at working around things that are on the picture that are not wanted. ^_^; How exactly did you work around it and get rid of it while making it look like it was never there?
    Some people make wall's becoz they find a pics or character that is easy to make walls. me is different. I make walls that is rare, no one ever make or use the character, and the most important thing is, the character that I like. but, every time I found pics that I like, the quality are terrible, like the original chobits and skuld mecha wing pics. Luckily I found quality scans for skuld finally.

Removing the text on Freya was not a difficult job, only need some recoloring.the problem is the lining for the character is too blurry. I don't know how to fix that. You will notice the blurry lines in both of chi and freya hair. If someone know how to fix that, please tell me how.

The Poikylotechne akachan will become famous soon enough akachan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 10:40 AM
    italy...I'm a train-addicted, I live both near Milan and near Rome...
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

yes animous, it was what I meant. ^__^ the last one is the best for me XD
    now only a thing(bu it's really a not important one XD) imho the bg it's too burned for the chara...maybe you could increase a bit the saturation(or just the contrast) of charas, only to blend them better...but I can say that it's good as it is XDDD
    very good
    ^__-
    **Illuminated Spirits member**
    rem tene, verba sequentur (Cato)

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by akachan
    yes animous, it was what I meant. ^__^ the last one is the best for me XD
    now only a thing(bu it's really a not important one XD) imho the bg it's too burned for the chara...maybe you could increase a bit the saturation(or just the contrast) of charas, only to blend them better...but I can say that it's good as it is XDDD
    very good
    ^__-
    yeah, I also think that now the character does not blend good enough with the bg. I try what you said when I'm home. thanx

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I've tried to add a little contrast to the charac but it make the charac to bright. So, I tried to darken the color and increase a little hue of the bg. is it okay?

Name:	darkchiiwallpaper2.JPG‎
Views:	110
Size:	512.2 KB
ID:	6994  

Closed Thread

Thread Information