AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The plot of Escaflowne

Member Karamas is an unknown quantity at this point Karamas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2005 12:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The plot of Escaflowne

I saw the Escaflowne movie last weekend on cartoon network...would somebody please explain to me the plot...I just dont get it i understand what happened but what started it...and how h34r: ??????

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    Threads

Hitomi is a disillusioned girl who wants everything to just *puff* go away. Equipped with her trusty necklace and “blah” attitude she get send to a magical land where she means a dude with wings who believes she’s some sort of Goddess who’ll save the world. A couple of explosions later Hitmoi realizing the world is not Blah and destroying it is bad (yeah! Life is worth living…what do you mean it’s too late?) Love some how saves the world from *puff* goin’ bye-bye and *Boom* The End!

Yeah, I don't get it either

Note: It's been a while (years actually) since I've seen this movie.
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

Member Karamas is an unknown quantity at this point Karamas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2005 12:25 PM
    Threads

thats a crappy plot everthing comes out of nowhere....it just happens no sence it there episodes or something or another movie i havent seen????

Mexi Fry nami is a jewel in the rough nami is a jewel in the rough nami is a jewel in the rough nami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2006 06:10 PM
    Threads

The Escaflowne movie is really more of a psychological plot accented by awesome fight scenes and brilliant art. It explores the age old idea that, no matter how bad you think things are, there is plenty in life worth living for.

Hitomi is summoned to Gaia as the Goddess of Destruction (or something along those lines) who is supposed to destroy the world. She was summoned by a man who read her thoughts and feelings and thought that she, like himself, was sick of the world and would gladly be rid of it. However, he didn't take into account the effect of being surrounded by people who love life and look at everything in the world with enthusiasm. In the end, Hitomi does destroy the world, in a sense. Instead of a world embroiled in war and mistrust, the people of Gaia get a world full of peace.

The Escaflowne movie, like most anime movies, is more or less an excuse for the anime director and team to play around with characters not of their own creation. They rarely involve the manga creators. They are usually unrelated to the main plot, and the characters are generally unrecognisable. So forget everything you know about the Escaflowne series and just enjoy the movie for what it is.
    "Ere sin could blight or sorrow fade

Death came with friendly care.
    The opening bud to Heaven conveyed
    And bade it blossom there."
    --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    Threads

Wow! that WAY better than what I wrote heehee.
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

Closed Thread

Thread Information