AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Final Fantasy or Elder Scrolls?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy, all the way!

5 45.45%
  • Elder Scrolls completely kills Final Fantasy!

3 27.27%
  • I liked Final Fantasy a little better.

0 0%
  • I enjoyed the Elder Scrolls games more.

1 9.09%
  • I'd say they're both about equal. Hard to pick one.

1 9.09%
  • Neither! I've seen better than both of them (OTHER).

1 9.09%
Closed Thread

Thread: Elder Scrolls v. Final Fantasy

Junior Member Shinrei is on a distinguished road Shinrei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2005 09:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I can't tell you that. Identity theft stuff, y'know.. >.>;
    Threads

Post Elder Scrolls v. Final Fantasy

What's your opinion about the Elder Scrolls games and Final Fantasy? To me, the Elder Scrolls blows Final Fantasy out of the water. In Final Fantasy, the storyline is almost 100% driven by the game, meaning you have almost no freedom. Not in the Elder Scrolls, though. In these games, you can do literally whatever you want. As in any good RPG, the game has a storyline to it, but the game itself is totally massive and allows you almost any freedom. The latest Elder Scrolls right now is 4: Morrowind. Go out and buy it for $20, and look for the Game Of The Year Edition, which includes the Blood Moon expansion pack. It'll be the best $20 you could ever spend on a video game. Anyways, for those of you who have played the Elder Scrolls games and Final Fantasy (Peh, who hasn't?) games, which do you think is better? Here are the posotives and negatives to both games, as I see it:
    Elder Scrolls
    + Complete and total freedom
    - Bad graphics
    + Good storyline, for the ones following the main quest
    - The Combat isn't very good, but still realistic... for the most part

Final Fantasy
    + Excellent graphics and combat mode
    - You're given very little to no freedom
    + Storylines usually rock
    - Basically the same for every FF game: Story begins, Go on a quest, Find out something shocking, Go on another quest, Fight a Boss or two...or 4 (In Final Fantasy 9), Win the game, save the world, blah, blah, blah

So tell me, which would you pick if there could only be one? I know I'd go with the Elder Scrolls games. We could totally go without Final Fantasy for a while.

ALSO! Check out the latest Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion, for the XBOX 360 when it comes out. It seems they did something about the graphics in this one.

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation blondy is on a distinguished road blondy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2005 07:51 PM
    Threads

i never heard of elder scrolls and never play final fantasy. sorry though.

#1 Fan of Skittles!!!! AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713 is infamous around these parts AnimeLegend!713's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2007 07:37 PM
    Threads

Final Fantasy!!!!I love it!I never heard of Elder Scrolls but I love Final Fantasy!
    My family: Bishie Hunters Clan Member :My Blog
    Owner of Sesshomaru and Jin(Samurai Champloo)

PLEASE GOOD REP ME...While showing a friend what 'thief' was, she clicked the button, and it failed. Now I have practically nothing cause of her...please help.

I See You Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2006 06:26 PM
    Looking for a place to stay since the gates of Oblivion opened on tuesday
    Threads

Wow.....both are great to play (in my opinion, so don't argue please), and I'm addicted to both. I can't choose.
    We are each our own devil, and we make this world our Hell
    If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Elder Scrolls.

The universe is SO vast, and it gives a lot more freedom than FF.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

I never liked elder scrolls and there hasn't been a good final fantasy in over 8 years. So neither.

Senior Member Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2005 09:55 PM
    Threads

I like FF, it's fun at most points. Though i'm bad at games so I die a lot. ES I've never played before, so I can't say anything about it.
    Take a step back, stand in place.
    Freeze inside, and show your souless eyes.
    Close yourself from the outside world.
    Fall to your knees crying in pain.
    Shake in fear and get ready to die.
    In this dark cold place, no one survives.

Love together.

Die together.
    In misery, there is no end.

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Excelent combat mode in Final Fantasy? Pff, there are plenty RPG's with better combat systems then the basic Final Fantasy. the Tales series, for example, used a side scrolling combat system. Legend of the Dragoon had you time the attacks for maximum effect and Start Ocean TTEOT used the Tales system in 3d, which the Tales later did with Tales of Symphonia.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

Member Karamas is an unknown quantity at this point Karamas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2005 12:25 PM
    Threads

Elder scrolls bad graphics....i think you just have a bad graphis card elder scrolls 3 completly kill ff in graphics and the new elder scrolls 4 grahics take all graphics to the next level...take a look...http://media.pc.ign.com/media/702/702491/imgs_1.html not to mension the free form gameplay you dont even have to do the mission...

Senior Member Lightangel will become famous soon enough Lightangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2007 07:39 AM
    Threads

I'm a die hard Final Fantasy fan all the way.

The light comes from within.

~Sig made by Scribbles~

(\_/)
    (O.o)

(> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Forever the fangirl Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu has a reputation beyond repute Anime^fangirl^Shenlu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2006 10:18 AM
    Threads

*huge Final fantasy fan* So Final fantasy hands down lol!
    <Rawking out~>
    [<3 many J/K artists such as Gackt, Hyde, DBSK etc]

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

nothing can out do Final Fantasy
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Gorillaz #1 Fan!!! Noodles is on a distinguished road Noodles's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2005 02:13 PM
    Threads

FINAL FANTASY FAN!!!!!!Final Fantasy and nothing else.

siggie made by Sword

Mini Gorillaz!!!Kawaii!!!!!

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamas
    Elder scrolls bad graphics....i think you just have a bad graphis card elder scrolls 3 completly kill ff in graphics and the new elder scrolls 4 grahics take all graphics to the next level...take a look...http://media.pc.ign.com/media/702/702491/imgs_1.html not to mension the free form gameplay you dont even have to do the mission...
    Yeah, Morrowind has very very good graphics! and you need a graphics card with some nifty features to really get to see the details.

oh and i cant wait for Oblivion to come out, and also FFXI for 360!

I say ES for freedom, FF for story!
    I live in Switzerland!

Victim of The Matchmaker Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2006 06:18 PM
    Threads

Final Fantasy is the best!!

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    FINAL FANTASY FAN!!!!!!Final Fantasy and nothing else.
    You know even if you don't want to post anything meaningful you could you at least not do it in huge letters and white.

Junior Member Kaosu is on a distinguished road Kaosu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2005 05:04 PM
    Threads

FF games caught my attention till I beat them, then I got bored.. I'm going with Elder Scrolls
    If only I could do this IRL...

Closed Thread

Thread Information