AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: High school football or marching band

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default High school football or marching band

Which one is harder? I think high school football was harder but a friend of mine keeps trying to convince me that highschool marching band is harder. Please tell me what you think?

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

they are both hard but i got to go with marching band
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

I See You Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2006 06:26 PM
    Looking for a place to stay since the gates of Oblivion opened on tuesday
    Threads

I think they would be about the same, because if your on the football team, other players beat you up. But if your on the band(depending on your social status) your get picked on and stuff of that nature.
    We are each our own devil, and we make this world our Hell
    If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness

Junior Member Sailor_SaturnX is on a distinguished road Sailor_SaturnX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2005 03:57 PM
    Threads

this might get closed
    Marching Band
    hello you have to learn how to play while walking and learning those notes are rather hard like having all fingers then going to one or two next thats hard to learn!

Siggy by: Guinevere thankies!

Member ranma_my_luv has a spectacular aura about ranma_my_luv has a spectacular aura about ranma_my_luv's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2006 08:22 PM
    Threads

i am completely musically challenged so i wold say the marching band, but football is ALMOST as hard, such a close call.....

Sig thanks toaYaMe5967~^_^~

keeper of hearts Lady V is just really nice Lady V is just really nice Lady V is just really nice Lady V is just really nice Lady V's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2006 04:30 AM
    Threads

Marching band is hard, but to be honest, both of them have their own level of difficulty..I think they're both hard. Do we need to have another show on MTV Made?

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor_SaturnX
    this might get closed
    Marching Band
    hello you have to learn how to play while walking and learning those notes are rather hard like having all fingers then going to one or two next thats hard to learn!
    That might be true but did u ever stop to think about learning all those plays in football and having to do them with a 300 pound guy running straight at you. You also have the problem with not being able to run your fastest because of the 50 pounds of equipment and those pants barely stretch. I think that's a little harder than carrying a tuba, walking and playing. Yeah its pretty close but I still tand with football

back to the old Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

think about it. Marching has to be perfect in marchingband. You can't walk you must march. Meaning Lifting your toe to the point that if you don't roll your feet your ankle will break. And you don't march with tubas. They're susaphones and they're heavyer then 50 pounds.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Samurai
    think about it. Marching has to be perfect in marchingband. You can't walk you must march. Meaning Lifting your toe to the point that if you don't roll your feet your ankle will break. And you don't march with tubas. They're susaphones and they're heavyer then 50 pounds.
    Well you also have to be perfect in football. I am a linemen so I think i got worse than most. You have to go to the right hole on defense or the entire play is messed up and you have to pull on the right plays and move fast enough to block the right person on offense. Therefore it is still alot harder. At least in physical endurance. Marching band might be harder in mental... maybe.

ZG: I <3 'chu, idiot. Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra has a reputation beyond repute Uchiha Ulquiorra's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2010 03:28 PM
    Threads

I've did both and football is way more hard than being in a marching band.
    -FMA18-
    New signature soon, hopefully. =3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Alchemist18
    I've did both and football is way more hard than being in a marching band.
    finally someone wants to agree with me

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

marching band is harder if you dont get the steps on the same time as everyon else then its gonna look weird
    Derp.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Football ... ?

I think Football would be harder. You have to work out like crazy, and learn alot of plays and be physically fit, strong, ect. It's more physically demanding than Band. Band is more about memorizing the songs, playing your instrument, learning steps, ect-ness.

Football is more physical, and Band is more mental. I think.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I gotta go with Football.

I was in band in middle school and JROTC in high school. Marching in JROTC was easy, at least for the people who knew their left foot from their right. And it's not hard to march with something in your hands. I marched with the color guard and while the flags and rifles may not be that heavy, it's still kinda basic. And the drill team, which was marching and performing with the rifles, i.e. spinning, throwing, etc. It took some work, but we got it down.

As for the band aspect, I quit that cause.... well, I'll probably get flamed for saying WHY I quit, but I did quit. Anyway depending on what instrument you play, it may be tough to use that instrument and march at the same time. However if it's anything like the JROTC drills, it doesn't take long to get the hang of.

Football is tough cause it's much, MUCH more physically demanding. However, because of this it's much more fun. You gotta love the training exercises and drills that you go through 3 times a week. Not to mention that you constantly have to improve physically to keep up with the advancing competition. In band, that means learning new songs, maybe learning to dance a little while you march. In football, that means pushing around twice as much as you could last year and running faster and faster every lap around the track.

I dunno I guess there would be some people who would find band harder. And then let's not forget the masses of people who have no experiance but an opinion anyway. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, so to speak, but I just find football to be harder.

On second though, football was fun, maybe band is harder (?) I dunno....

Closed Thread

Thread Information