AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Martial Arts, anyone.

Member kedar is on a distinguished road kedar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2005 12:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Martial Arts, anyone.

Hello everyone,
    The reason why I am starting this thread is to tribute Martial art techniques from different countries. Let me start off by giving a brief intro to the martial arts that I learnt in my country. It is called Swarga Chakra Martial Arts (literally means heavenly wheel martial arts). I was trained in a temple town known as Madurai, India. Other forms of martial arts present in this South Asian country (India) are Kalari (Mother of Martial arts) and Thang Ta (The Art of the Sword and Spear). We also practice some Southeast Asian martial arts, mainly those from China. In Madurai, we were trained near a temple and the training platform was on water (rectangular Wooden planck, which had four pillars in each corner). Each student had their name engraved on a stone tile in front of the temple, where their are asked to sit to perform Yoga and meditation. I would like to give the names of my best friend with whom I practiced martial arts: Ruru, Kuru (they were twin brothers), sloka and Haruki (he is Japanese BTW). I have so many stories to tell, but I would love to hear from you as well. Please tell if you are trained by any martial arts and any interesting stories that you would like to share. Also, let me know if you have any questions regarding the martial arts of India. I will be glad to answer.
    Thank you. Cannot wait to hear from you guys.

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I'm going to direct you here: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=28183

Which is a thread about martial arts.

Closed

Closed Thread

Thread Information