AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Online Dating

The other one was closed so i'll a new one..its nice to hear ppls opinions on
    it though.

i believe a life long love is easyer to find online then offline.
    online, mostly all you can do with each other is talk, and from talking you learn so much about each other. i always love to hear what Maggie's been up to in her day, how she's feeling and everything else thats been going on.
    and if ya think about it. as you get older, talking is all you'll really have with ya partner. so a relationship started by looks or something pysical would turn very sour after awhile.
    the reason i'm dating online is because i found someone i love to talk to and have so much in common with. i think about her every moment of every day and i want to spend my entire life with her and never be more then a foot away.

But its good to see that online dating can work our i think its more work than ofline considering the distance and stuff. But it will work if both ppl find a way to make it work. I think most lasting relationships are from those who meet online i think. Like wolfy said relationships based on what you look like is ok if its a short term or not so serious thing. But for long term, especially online trust and communication is important.^^

lol. not a day goes by that i dont think of wolfy. But its nice to hear about what hes been up to and stuff, in his life. I have found someone who i have alot in common with which is hard to find in rl dating. Since i never dated in rl before. But here we are 9 months later. ^^

what you think?

Forever angel floating on a cloud

#38 kiNkIE Member [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2009 07:13 PM
    In a place down the road and round the corner
    Threads

I do believe online relationships can work also, relationships irl usually go by how you look and they arent really good for a long term relationship as Wolfy said.. in a different way but thats sorta what he said but anywho..

I myself have been in an online relationship and it lasted 5-6 months, may have longer if I hadnt ended it. I wasnt able to get online for a long time and told that person it would be best if we ended the relationship, it wasnt because I fallen out of love or anything.. infact I still do have the same feelings for that person. When I wasnt online there wasnt a day that went by where I never thought of Jiru.. still isnt.. there also wasnt a day where I never said I love you Jiru, it may not have been exactly to her but I'd often look up at the stars and says those words.

Online relationships do need trust and communication, I believe you can find someone for you online easier because you do talk more.. there is always that chance of one person lying about themselves but thats where trust comes into it...

er.. I'm not making sense sorry.. things on my mind heh! >.> I'll fix all this up later
    Set by Yuuiki <3
    (Dark Kaisen, -Sei-, Monkii etc.)

Senior Member lordraziel will become famous soon enough lordraziel will become famous soon enough lordraziel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

the reason i found online dating ok is because i met my last girlfriend on the net and we were the happiest we can ever be then when we met nothing changed heck i started visting her no matter how far and she visited me and yes anybody can say whatever they want but we fell in love wit eachother we planned on being together forever but evrything goes wrong when you live in a city like mine some of you know what im talkin about

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

Online dating is a difficult thing, and not for everyone. Its much more than I<3U and *kisses u* stuff. Its an ACTUAL relationship, although long distance. I know after a while I got tired of not being able to see or touch the person, and talking on the phone can get quite expensive after a while. All relationships are hard work. My official stance is "Proceed with caution".

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

me and wolfy we planned about each of us getting a microphone for the comp instead, much cheaper than phonecalls. It takes alot of commitment to make online relationships to go all the way. Some dont like it due to bad exp. or its to challenging. its worth while if both ppl love each other.

Underground Ninja Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2015 12:31 PM
    Threads

u can use a web cam and mircophone soo... then u can see each other and talk to each other at the same time ..anyway back to the topic...you two are goin to meet each other right?well thatz wat wolfy told me....are u goin to Australia or is he goin to your place?(2 or 3 yearz if my memory servez me correctly)

#38 kiNkIE Member [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe] has a reputation beyond repute [Deathscythe]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2009 07:13 PM
    In a place down the road and round the corner
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia
    its worth while if both ppl love each other.
    All I have to say is go for it ^^; I hope everything works out for you both and you stay together for as long as you intend
    Set by Yuuiki <3
    (Dark Kaisen, -Sei-, Monkii etc.)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

wolfy's gonna talk to his rents bout coming here this holiday. Otherwise he'll save up some money to come visit later. But its still an open ended kind of thing though.

Underground Ninja Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2015 12:31 PM
    Threads

...ohh yaa I think he said he was having he`z holidayz or something...hopefully he can make it to yaa place.^^;....

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

never trust the internet especially on dating
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Senior Member -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu- has a reputation beyond repute -Shizu-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2011 06:43 PM
    Threads

yup, me argees on marie

Senior Member picano has a spectacular aura about picano has a spectacular aura about picano has a spectacular aura about picano's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2005 09:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Marie2007
    never trust the internet especially on dating
    Shhh.... quiet. I'll never get a girlfriend if everyone else gains that attitude!

Yeah... I don't think I've ever considered online dating... a LOT easier to talk to people online tho... the bad part is you can't always be sure of any details (age, and especially if they really are a guy / girl!)
    -picano the catgirl fan
    Click the bobombs for my site!

Quote Originally Posted by picano
    Would you marry me? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chii-chan
    Why don't you just download me?:-)

Junior Member hot dude has a little shameless behaviour in the past hot dude's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2005 04:39 PM
    Threads

hey there is no way im reading all that,that u said mognolia but online dating i dont trust it
    Last edited by Kewii; 09-09-2005 at 09:23 AM.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

it's fine if you dont trust online dating. its your choice.
    i just believe, if i feel the things i do for Maggie (cute for Magnolia if ya didnt know ^^; ) from simply talking and just seeing emails from her. when we get to be together irl, welllll, it'll be to nice to discribe ^^;
    first date: movies ^^; lol, its almost always the movies.

its easy to trust the relationship i have with her because neither of us were looking for a relationship. we just happened to find one. also, we both had to go through getting our parents to accept it ^^; that was very challenging.

and, i've found i can trust Maggie more then people i know irl, cause she and I have been together for so long and we've tell each other everything, we're always ready to listen, talk, advise and help each other with anything.

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol. first date always involve movies.>_>. i agree with the parent part, which was quite challenging. But we always help eachother out though. I've also know others in online relationships but because theyr really young it wont work out. I think poeple should wait tell theyre 16 or older to have an online relationship for some reasons.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

Hey you took my thread....oO; version 2 ^^;

anyway....same thing im going to say, it could be possible to date online but wouldnt be a good idea. But of course it'd turn out great if an online couple and work out everything together. xD

Senior Member softrain is on a distinguished road softrain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2006 10:08 PM
    Threads

Online dating? Sure it is fine if you don't see eachother in RL.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

my parents still think i'm to young for a serious relationship O_o yet i plan to move out in 2 years so Maggie can visit and stay around for as long as she likes ^^
    offline and online, relationships between people under the age of 16 dont tend to work out.
    i wouldnt recommend an online relationship unless you feel the person is worth waiting years to finaly be with irl.
    for me, i'd wait forever for Maggie ^^. but with any luck, i'll be seeing her this holidays.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm quoting myself from the previous thread, because it didn't get much time to be read. Thank you.

A story in which it WORKS:
    I met my boyfriend here. Right here on this forum. I was 15, he was 16. He was dating someone at the time, and we became friends almost instantly. Now, up until then, I'd had little to no interest in dating. I'd been attracted to people, had a long-term crush, and so on...but never dated. And I certainly never thought about dating online. So it was as big a shock to me as anyone when I realized I'd fallen for that friend...really fallen.

The problem? I live in the United States, and he lives in Australia.

Less than a year after first meeting here, we "got together." He'd broken up with his girlfriend, and developed returned feelings for me. About a month after that, we had our birthdays (I turned 16, he turned 17...both in February). After two more years of keeping in touch via IMs, e-mails, letters, and phonecalls, we met when I traveled out there the summer after I graduated high school (I was 18, he was 19). I stayed with him and his family for a month.

Being separated after knowing what it was like was one of the hardest things we had to do, for we were as perfectly compatible in person as we had been elsewhere. And we were separated for another two years. Then, just this past June (I'm 20, he's 21), I went back to stay with him for TWO months. Parting was...more than a little difficult, but we ARE confident that we'll see each other again, and for much longer. And, of course, we are still in touch via e-mail, IMs, letters, and phonecalls...just as we've always been. This coming January, we'll have been dating for five years. This coming April, we'll have known each other for six.

My point is, while you should be wary of people online...you should know that sometimes it DOES work, sometimes that person you're talking with IS who they say they are. Just like the people you meet every day on the street. An online relationship can work, and I'm only one of the many success stories. Heck, I don't even consider my relationship online anymore. Why should I? Once we'd met, it became a long distance relationship (long, long distance). I'm not ashamed of how we met, and there's no reason I should be. Without the internet, what are the odds that I EVER would have started something with a guy in Australia? Low, eh? And that's where the internet came in. Helping me to meet him, where I otherwise wouldn't have.

I don't think that's a bad thing in the least. It isn't easy, but its been worth it.

Essence of Sarcasm paine_within has a spectacular aura about paine_within has a spectacular aura about paine_within's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2006 02:43 PM
    Somewhere deep inside my dark mind huddled up playing video games and watching anime.
    Threads

I do think online dating works. For example, my mom is getting married next year to a very very nice, kind man she met online. They really love each other, and it's nice to see them together. Even though some people think it's werid because they met online and they're getting married. It isn't really. It doesn't matter if it's off or online, love is love. Trust me, I fell for a guy that I met online once too. We even started dating for a little while. But we never got the chance to meet in person....because of certain reasons....But my feelings for him were as real as this computer screen I'm staring at. So, love, no matter what shape or form, will always be love.

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

I think it works for some but not for very long. 2 of my friends are doing it. It seems to be working for them but its crazy because the is no physical relationship and you can lie as much as you want to and get away with it.

Essence of Sarcasm paine_within has a spectacular aura about paine_within has a spectacular aura about paine_within's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2006 02:43 PM
    Somewhere deep inside my dark mind huddled up playing video games and watching anime.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by pyrothunder336
    I think it works for some but not for very long. 2 of my friends are doing it. It seems to be working for them but its crazy because the is no physical relationship and you can lie as much as you want to and get away with it.
    Very true. You do have a lot more freedom to lie and make things up about yourself if you date online. But that's where real trust comes in. It's your choice to lie about yourself. And it's the other person's too. It just comes down to how the relationship will work.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by pyrothunder336
    And people lie in person every day... It has to do with the person, not their location. Some things may be EASIER to get away with when not with that loved one every day...but that doesn't mean a person online is doing those things, nor does it mean a person irl isn't doing them.

Trust MUST play a strong role. As it should in any relationship, I believe.

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    Threads

I don't agree with dating online. If you date online, you may end up shopping for qualities in a person that don't exist.

People change from being in person, to being a string of binary re-translated through the miracles of modern computer technology.

The bold and outspoken turn out to be your shy and contempt. Like wise, the comical, well loved person you admire, turns out to be a complete scary stalker.

The internet gives us a false sense of security, and like any good glass of alcohol; free's up our inhabitions. We don't have to worry about the social reprocussions of what we say and do while online. The closet perverts are free to surf for all the skirt they can drool at, while in real life wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to asking a girl out, let alone if they can round third base. Like wise, we can tell someone to "piss off and go to hell" without having to worry about them getting in our face and possibly doing us bodly harm.

Internet relationships are very much like long distance relationships except they come with more strings attatched. You simply have to be 100% completely honest with the other person... and if you got a modem closing the other wise many mile gap between you and your loved one, the grounds for honesty just isn't well set. Frankly, it is like trying to build a house on ground with a high water table. Sooner or later, things will just sink into the mud.

This post made short: You are almost far better off meeting someone in a bar or any other local hang out place, than you are meeting someone online. Because while she may turn out to be only 11 while looking 22... at least you can rest almost assured that she deffenitly is female and not some 50 year old fat guy in his mothers basement dressed up like your ideal match.
    Last edited by Lon; 09-08-2005 at 10:05 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

online relationships actualy work out alot of the time. you just never hear about them working out. because people care more about hearing how wrong they can possibly go.
    but online dating does work out alot, and its safer. if you went off with someone irl, any type of pysical harm could be done to you (i see lots of pysical and sexual abuse ad's on TV) online you're safer to meet random people and talk, getting to know each other first. then when ya feel ya know alot about em, you can meet up.

Closed Thread

Thread Information